Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread - page 89. (Read 438516 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
August 24, 2013, 12:22:44 AM

Right so...

Like I implied a few quotes back. See what it gets to with with just those settings.

PMed you.  Lets take this offline till things get working.

Thanks again!
Sorted offline, running stable at 461MHz with temporary firmware reuploaded.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
https://www.chynge.net/
August 23, 2013, 10:26:19 PM

Right so...

Like I implied a few quotes back. See what it gets to with with just those settings.

PMed you.  Lets take this offline till things get working.

Thanks again!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
August 23, 2013, 10:17:25 PM
Frequency field set to 450 with Options at --avalon-auto <  WORKS

Bump frequency field to 451 < DEAD waited at least 5 minutes.  API log shows "Socket connect failed: Connection refused"
Did you try it with --avalon-auto without other parameters? It might just be the web interface that doesn't allow it.
Meaning the web interface has a 450 limit even if cgminer doesn't. See what it gets to with auto without any other parameters?

Blank Freq field  with --avalon-auto and nothing else < DEAD
I did NOT say blank freq lol this is crazy. Use your previous settings, set 450 in frequency and then just add --avalon-auto to MoreOptions
Right so...

August 23, 2013, 10:15:50 PM

Bump frequency field to 451 < DEAD waited at least 5 minutes.  API log shows "Socket connect failed: Connection refused"
Did you try it with --avalon-auto without other parameters? It might just be the web interface that doesn't allow it.
Meaning the web interface has a 450 limit even if cgminer doesn't. See what it gets to with auto without any other parameters?

I did NOT say blank freq lol this is crazy. Use your previous settings, set 450 in frequency and then just add --avalon-auto to MoreOptions
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
August 23, 2013, 10:12:48 PM

August 23, 2013, 10:11:24 PM

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
August 23, 2013, 10:00:59 PM

August 23, 2013, 09:57:46 PM
There is no reason it wouldn't start with the same settings you used previously. Try those first, and then add just --avalon-auto to the More Options box. Sometimes people are impatient and it can take it up to 2 mins before you start seeing the output from cgminer.

Its definitely not working.  with the Main frequency field at 440 and the Options field as "--avalon-auto --avalon-freq 440-455 --avalon-fan 50"  
Waited for at least 5 min here.

Adjusted only the "--avalon-freq 440-455"  down to "--avalon-freq 440-450" and the system starts within 30sec.

Is the an SSH command line only method I could try?
Edited, kept highlighting wrong part.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
August 23, 2013, 09:56:24 PM
Having some problems with the avalon again.

need some help

for some reason, the miner has been stoppping every now and then and refuses to restart mining unless i manually power down.

it was running at 350mhz for sometime and running fine. so i tried running at 355mhz but it stops every few hours so i lowered it to 350mhz

as for cooling, i've added heatsinks to the side of the case (where the main heatsinks are mounted), added thermal paste between the main heatsinks and case (the contact between the heatsinks and case) and added 2 exhaust fans

6hrs ago it stopped mining when i checked the miner's page, the time elasped was just 1min, meaning the miner had restarted a min ago. so for 6hrs, it was doing nothing?

I mean, so 1 min ago, it restarted on its own but not yet hashing?

what was it doing during the 6hrs and why isn't it restarting and hashing?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
August 23, 2013, 09:41:23 PM
There is no reason it wouldn't start with the same settings you used previously. Try those first, and then add just --avalon-auto to the More Options box. Sometimes people are impatient and it can take it up to 2 mins before you start seeing the output from cgminer.

Its definitely not working.  with the Main frequency field at 440 and the Options field as "--avalon-auto --avalon-freq 440-455 --avalon-fan 50"  

Adjusted only the "--avalon-freq 440-455"  down to "--avalon-freq 440-450" and the system starts within 30sec.

Edited, kept highlighting wrong part.
August 23, 2013, 09:39:22 PM

In the web GUI in the "Chip Frequency(Default: 300)" field Is where I have been setting the frequency.

The only "More options" I have set is "--avalon-fan 50"
Try what I suggested, and put your range you're interested in More Options as well: --avalon-auto --avalon-freq 450-500 or something

Still doesn't work

More options:  --avalon-auto --avalon-freq 450-465 --avalon-fan 50

What am I supposed to do with the main frequency field?   Both with Blank and 450mhz the system doesn't start.

Its definitely not working.  with the Main frequency field at 440 and the Options field as "--avalon-auto --avalon-freq 440-455 --avalon-fan 50" 

Adjusted only the "--avalon-freq 440-455"  down to "--avalon-freq 440-450" and the system starts within 30sec.

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
August 23, 2013, 09:34:06 PM

In the web GUI in the "Chip Frequency(Default: 300)" field Is where I have been setting the frequency.

Try what I suggested, and put your range you're interested in More Options as well: --avalon-auto --avalon-freq 450-500 or something

Still doesn't work

What am I supposed to do with the main frequency field?   Both with Blank and 450mhz the system doesn't start.
August 23, 2013, 09:05:52 PM

Still doesn't work

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
August 23, 2013, 08:58:03 PM

August 23, 2013, 08:53:19 PM

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
August 23, 2013, 08:46:00 PM
Yes perfectly stable .49% hw error at 41c Batch3

could you lift that 450 limit easily?

Thanks!
There's a special one-off firmware just for you that lifts the limit to 1000 here:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/

This firmware isnt working past 450.

CGMiner API log shows:

[Firmware Version] => 20130824
cgminer-bdac063+
luci-d854edc+
cgminer-openwrt-packages-800cc58
Socket connect failed: Connection refused

Thanks again for all your work!

August 23, 2013, 08:42:52 PM

Thanks!
There's a special one-off firmware just for you that lifts the limit to 1000 here:

This firmware isnt working past 450.

CGMiner API log shows:

[Firmware Version] => 20130824
cgminer-bdac063+
luci-d854edc+
cgminer-openwrt-packages-800cc58
Socket connect failed: Connection refused

Thanks again for all your work!

Activity: 472
August 23, 2013, 08:07:14 PM
Has anyone had the problem where the box will be just fine for the first day, but then hashrate just drops off to ~60Ghash?  I have a 3-mod B2 and 4-mod B3 that both do this when using auto with a range of 325-350 after a while.  What is interesting is the hashrate reported on the GUI stays the same, but the pool shows the reduced rate.  I also end up noticing a large amount of HW errors it seems during this same time (one time I had a whole module seem to stop reporting shares).  (all Aug firmwares)

Funny thing is, if I set it to 340mhz max the errors drop to 0.6-0.8%.  345mhz shows around 1.9% or so.  Seems to be the same on both boxes. I have an AC unit blowing directly into the intakes and the B2 runs 45C and the B3 runs 58C.  Fans are default speeds, it almost seemed like upping them manually caused more issues?

At this point I am leaning towards just setting 335mhz or something and say forget it, I had weeks of uptime at 300mhz clocks and just got around to OCing as of late.
Activity: 364
August 23, 2013, 07:10:03 PM
What kind of hash rates are people achieving with Batch 2s now? I'm hanging out at 79-83, around 350 freq. Is the new firmware of interest to me?
August 23, 2013, 07:06:19 PM

Thanks!

AWESOME!!  THANK YOU!!!
Pages:
Jump to: