Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon orders - batch #3 refund requests thread - page 10. (Read 14941 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Received an newsletter, nothing about the batch 3 orders, but explicite about sending first batch of chips to all the clone companies wtf Yifu .... We deserve a head start you knew when we ordered batch 3 that two weeks later you announced the chip batches pretty scammy move..and they even get delivered first ...

I feel taken from behind thanks for that...

I thinking about a refund but rather have my Avalon burning over here soon....just dono yet.. Embarrassed

Now you see, it is Avalon style. Fucks you without even apology or thanks.
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
COINDER
Received an newsletter, nothing about the batch 3 orders, but explicite about sending first batch of chips to all the clone companies wtf Yifu .... We deserve a head start you knew when we ordered batch 3 that two weeks later you announced the chip batches pretty scammy move..and they even get delivered first ...

I feel taken from behind thanks for that...

I thinking about a refund but rather have my Avalon burning over here soon....just dono yet.. Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
If anyone has UK/EU units, I maybe interested.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I also consider to take a refund for my Batch 3 order, keep us updated how the refund request goes on. Will they refund the same amount of Bitcoins paid for the order?
My guess is refund requests will be issued as batch 3 support tickets are answered. Which I would think would be after batch 2 is fully shipped. Regardless instant payment for a preorder should also receive a refund fairly quickly for this reason. I doubt I will ever receive a refund and probably will only get a condescending update on this thread from his truly.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I also consider to take a refund for my Batch 3 order, keep us updated how the refund request goes on. Will they refund the same amount of Bitcoins paid for the order?
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
if Yifu suggest refund  getting your money back is a far better option ... ya go for refund
Problem is somebody issued a ticket asked for refund. 6 days passed, no reply, no action.
same
support asked address, then no repley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I am on the fence.  I have a really low order number, because I purchased within minutes.  I will probably give it till the first few days in July, and if I don't hear anything... yeah....

I am in the same boat as you pikeadz... low 45XX order ( < 4520).  If I don't get shipping info in the first few days of July, I am probably going to put in a refund request... or at least see if I can get a refund on half my order.  With a May delivery date and no raw chip orders, this deal was a no-brainer.  Now it takes a lot of brain to figure out what the options are.

Just figure out a hashrate where at such point delivery would become unbearable, and cancel before then if not delivered by that point.

Yep... and thus the lots of brain required. 
Will the growth be steep linear or exponential? 
I believe it was 6.7M when batch 3 orders opened.
The exponential trend is pretty ugly and with my projections you need to overclock to be able to get to break-even. 
Does this reduce the lifespan of the miner?

Lots to think about... I really enjoy mining (and my GPU miner box just croaked and I am debating whether to patch it back together), but it might be better to wait for the chip clones... 100BTC for 85GHs for a 3-4 week lead on clones doesn't seem like good value.

It's not going to be linear.

It's not going to be linear for the next months. But it won't be exponential forever, we can bet that at some point in the future the exponential growth will revert to linear growth.
Activity: 532
I am on the fence.  I have a really low order number, because I purchased within minutes.  I will probably give it till the first few days in July, and if I don't hear anything... yeah....

I am in the same boat as you pikeadz... low 45XX order ( < 4520).  If I don't get shipping info in the first few days of July, I am probably going to put in a refund request... or at least see if I can get a refund on half my order.  With a May delivery date and no raw chip orders, this deal was a no-brainer.  Now it takes a lot of brain to figure out what the options are.

Just figure out a hashrate where at such point delivery would become unbearable, and cancel before then if not delivered by that point.

The exponential trend is pretty ugly and with my projections you need to overclock to be able to get to break-even. 

Lots to think about... I really enjoy mining (and my GPU miner box just croaked and I am debating whether to patch it back together), but it might be better to wait for the chip clones... 100BTC for 85GHs for a 3-4 week lead on clones doesn't seem like good value.

It's not going to be linear.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

I guess everybody will wait till the two next difficulty adjustments... If the increase is big and there is no tracking number in the email, I foresee mass refund requests.

Its kinda worrying to see that people who decided to request a refund early havent been contacted yet after 6/7 days, I wonder what will happen when the rate of refund requests will increase.
Activity: 532

Activity: 204
Merit: 100
I am in the same boat as you pikeadz... low 45XX order ( < 4520).  If I don't get shipping info in the first few days of July, I am probably going to put in a refund request... or at least see if I can get a refund on half my order.  With a May delivery date and no raw chip orders, this deal was a no-brainer.  Now it takes a lot of brain to figure out what the options are.

Same here, 45xx
I am on the fence.  I have a really low order number, because I purchased within minutes.  I will probably give it till the first few days in July, and if I don't hear anything... yeah....

I am in the same boat as you pikeadz... low 45XX order ( < 4520).  If I don't get shipping info in the first few days of July, I am probably going to put in a refund request... or at least see if I can get a refund on half my order.  With a May delivery date and no raw chip orders, this deal was a no-brainer.  Now it takes a lot of brain to figure out what the options are.
Activity: 90
if Yifu suggest refund  getting your money back is a far better option ... ya go for refund
Problem is somebody issued a ticket asked for refund. 6 days passed, no reply, no action.

This has me worried also. - I think either way batch#3 customers are gonna get fucked over... Sad
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I am on the fence.  I have a really low order number, because I purchased within minutes.  I will probably give it till the first few days in July, and if I don't hear anything... yeah....
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Correct... I didn't want to have to predict when difficulty transitions would occur, so I made it continuous.  I figured the "correct" difficulty would be in the time range nearby.

It may be pessimistic, but I have found it useful for my own thinking.  Obviously the exponential can't continue forever, but I think the trend for the next 6 months shows no signs of slowing.
Activity: 630
I created a spreadsheet with exponential difficulty projections here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Auya3iRE6az1dG9fRkpXdFJtT1dNX0VCU1F0VFFUX3c#gid=8
Because your model recalculates difficulty every day, there is a problem calculating earnings. Earnings per day have to be calculated using a difficulty of that whole retarget period. Since you are changing difficulty daily, earnings are accordingly lower. And your model is 'speeding ahead' even for past data.
Activity: 90
I think i'm going to request the refund. - What's the process?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2515773

open a ticket and pick the trouble type as REFUND.

support.avalon-asic.com

Thank you
I think i'm going to request the refund. - What's the process?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2515773

open a ticket and pick the trouble type as REFUND.

support.avalon-asic.com
Pages:
Jump to: