Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon orders - batch #3 refund requests thread - page 4. (Read 14941 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
While brazen... you can't fault a guy for trying.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
if anyone is in California and wants to sell their Avalons unboxed on arrival, i'll pay $3000 cash for each.

LOL, who would do that? Avalon is honoring refunds, and those machines costed 74.46BTC. Anyone accepting your offer is losing money big time for not reason at all.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
if anyone is in California and wants to sell their Avalons unboxed on arrival, i'll pay $3000 cash for each.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Good luck!

Thanks, prolly will need it.
Anyway maybe Yifu will make us surprise and send some cold wallet with Avalons or 4 modules instead of 3. Naa.. just dreaming.
Nice dream. Hope you will not wake up. Haha Cheesy
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Am I the only one who is afraid the provided Google refund form might be a scam? I got no newsletter via email and it doesn't seem wise to trust a link who someone just posted on the Internet...

It's sad that even their support system isn't properly secured... (I would prefer SSL encryption at least)

You must not be subscibed to bitsyncom's newsletters.   There was a mass mailing with this information directly from yifu.  People just reposted it on the forum.  Not a scam.

Oops... I never got any email from BitSyncom. I thought newsletter subscription was done automatically during the order process, now it seems it wasn't..

I have to pray support ticket asking for refund will be enough. Otherwise I will have some units for sale :-(
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Am I the only one who is afraid the provided Google refund form might be a scam? I got no newsletter via email and it doesn't seem wise to trust a link who someone just posted on the Internet...

It's sad that even their support system isn't properly secured... (I would prefer SSL encryption at least)

You must not be subscibed to bitsyncom's newsletters.   There was a mass mailing with this information directly from yifu.  People just reposted it on the forum.  Not a scam.
Activity: 204
Good luck!

Thanks, prolly will need it.
Anyway maybe Yifu will make us surprise and send some cold wallet with Avalons or 4 modules instead of 3. Naa.. just dreaming.
maybe  Grin
Stranger things have happened I am sure.
My exponential projections put the 4-module Avalon breaking even in mid-October (108M Difficulty 775THs global hash rate).
If you think the global hash rate will more than triple between now and mid-October, it will take longer.

Good luck!
Activity: 204
Good good. With less avalons in the wild maybe i could hit ROI:D
WTB early batch #3 preorders, for fair price, escrow is a MUST.

Only via PM.

PS. I will not pay it more than refund in same category.
Better price and lower order numbers are priority.

I think you might be a day late Milan77.  My guess is yesterday you would have had folk lining your door.  Today, everyone has already headed for the exit.
Activity: 644
Welp, unfortunately had to pull the trigger on the refund request yesterday. Now to play the waiting game.
Activity: 202
WTB early batch #3 preorders, for fair price, escrow is a MUST.

Only via PM.

PS. I will not pay it more than refund in same category.
Better price and lower order numbers are priority.
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174
https://t.me/laser9un

This msg https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2710828 fm BitSyncom is also scam?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

Activity: 292
Irrespective of what may or may not be the ROI of batch 3, Avalon has accomplished tremendous things by making their chips available to the masses. I am sure dealing with a lot of customers as a small team is an arduous and difficult task, not withstanding what is at stake here--the metaphor is so far beyond selling shovels in a gold rush. Ultimately I think the future of Avalon is in engineering the ASIC chips and sourcing them to third parties for assembly and handling the customer.

Regardless, I am 100% sure that if you get a working Avalon and plug it in, you will see ROI. The real question is, do you have the capacity to maintain and manage one of these machines for the necessary time interval? This is not child's play, this is bitcoin mining! If you think that having a device generating 80 billion SHA256 hashes per second in your living room isn't going to have an affect on your life, well....

This is the future my humble friends.
Activity: 448
Maybe I am naive but Yifu has been a "stand up" guy so far.  I am holding out hope that those who show faith in Avalon will somehow see returns.  I am not cancelling and am trusting Avalon more than I trust my own math.  I hope I am not making a mistake.  I do not know the solution... maybe they will do nothing, but a product that does not ROI is bad for future customer confidence, one would think.  Maybe he will send the "extra" returned units to the faithful? Smiley

Initially he said he would not honor the messed up batch 2 preorders but then did, in my opinion, the right and moral thing and did honor them.  There are several other examples of Avalon being the morally superior ASIC company and it is because of this record of ethical behavior that I "vote with my bitcoin" and will support Avalon and have faith... possibly (probably) to my own detriment. 
I don't think they care about future customer as batch#3 is last batch of miner they sold. In future, there will be only chips. The risk of delay will be partially shared by miner maker who buys their chips.
Activity: 172
Maybe I am naive but Yifu has been a "stand up" guy so far.  I am holding out hope that those who show faith in Avalon will somehow see returns.  I am not cancelling and am trusting Avalon more than I trust my own math.  I hope I am not making a mistake.  I do not know the solution... maybe they will do nothing, but a product that does not ROI is bad for future customer confidence, one would think.  Maybe he will send the "extra" returned units to the faithful? Smiley

Initially he said he would not honor the messed up batch 2 preorders but then did, in my opinion, the right and moral thing and did honor them.  There are several other examples of Avalon being the morally superior ASIC company and it is because of this record of ethical behavior that I "vote with my bitcoin" and will support Avalon and have faith... possibly (probably) to my own detriment. 
Activity: 245
Merit: 104
I went ahead and submitted my refund request through the google form and also submitted a ticket stating I did so.

I was one of the first Batch 3 orders but I now doubt my ability to make ROI even with "free" electricity.

Yep same here, submitted ticked for refund, if they offered even 30btc refund we could see ROI.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
I went ahead and submitted my refund request through the google form and also submitted a ticket stating I did so.

I was one of the first Batch 3 orders but I now doubt my ability to make ROI even with "free" electricity.
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174
https://t.me/laser9un
If I were you I'd submit the google form now at least, I don't think they are going to answer your ticket that quickly. At least fill whatever you can out and submit it.

Where did that google form come from..  Huh

From the last Avalon news letter: https://forum.btcsec.com/index.php?/topic/652-asic-mainery-ot-avalon/page-48#entry36118
Pages:
Jump to: