Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 616. (Read 701004 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Cannot remove/add pools with s9.
Cannot restart with s9.
Hi,
Is the Antminer API running in Restricted mode or Privileged mode? You should be able to see that on the Summary tab.

More information on API privilege settings, and how Awesome Miner can configure it automatically for Antminers:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/minerapi.aspx
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/antminerapi.aspx

Cool, got it.
Started to freak me out, all the miners rebooted/restarted one after the other.
All enabled Privileged mode now.
Man this is a slick tool.
Worth every penny.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1084
Cannot restart with s9.
Hi,
Is the Antminer API running in Restricted mode or Privileged mode? You should be able to see that on the Summary tab.

More information on API privilege settings, and how Awesome Miner can configure it automatically for Antminers:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/minerapi.aspx
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/antminerapi.aspx
legendary
Hi patrike,

Is it explained in any place how the software choose the maximum profit pool/coin to mine? I have the impression it's not able to change the pool in an optimum way when I mine user defined X11 coins in my baikal. When mining only in multicoin pools (nicehas, zpool, ltcrabbit,...) it seems to work perfect instead.

Thanks
I had some discussion with another user about Baikal miner and I think the conculsion back then was that the Baikal miner didn't support chaning algorithm at the same time the pool was changed. Since then I've also seen discussions about updated firmware for Baikal that could address this.

What happens if you manually try to do 'Change pool' from a X11 pool and to X13 pool using Awesome Miner, while the mining is running? Does that operation work on the Baikal?

Sorry, unfortunately, very very unfortunately, I cannot answer you that question. If any day I can, I will try and send answer to you immediately.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/baikal-miner-update-problem-read-if-you-are-going-to-buy-a-baikal-1677686

My question is easier, is there any parameter we could play with to try to force the software to check if the mined coin continues being the most profitable and change of pool if necesary (always mining he same algo X11 in this case)?

I have a lot of shitcoins defined in the coin menu, and I have the impression when suddenly a coin diff increases a lot the software tends to continue mining it, at least if it is an user defined coin and in the coins page with the info supplied by the user the coin continues being the most profitable.

Salute
In order to use Awesome Profit Switcher, you need to enable it in the Options dialog, Rules section. See: http://www.awesomeminer.com/guide/awesomeprofit.aspx

However, the miner itself must support change of both pool and algorithm for this feature to work. This is where I'm not sure if the Baikal miner will support these operations.
Cannot restart with s9.
Activity: 727
Merit: 501
Hi patrike,

Is it explained in any place how the software choose the maximum profit pool/coin to mine? I have the impression it's not able to change the pool in an optimum way when I mine user defined X11 coins in my baikal. When mining only in multicoin pools (nicehas, zpool, ltcrabbit,...) it seems to work perfect instead.

Thanks
I had some discussion with another user about Baikal miner and I think the conculsion back then was that the Baikal miner didn't support chaning algorithm at the same time the pool was changed. Since then I've also seen discussions about updated firmware for Baikal that could address this.

What happens if you manually try to do 'Change pool' from a X11 pool and to X13 pool using Awesome Miner, while the mining is running? Does that operation work on the Baikal?

Sorry, unfortunately, very very unfortunately, I cannot answer you that question. If any day I can, I will try and send answer to you immediately.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/baikal-miner-update-problem-read-if-you-are-going-to-buy-a-baikal-1677686

My question is easier, is there any parameter we could play with to try to force the software to check if the mined coin continues being the most profitable and change of pool if necesary (always mining he same algo X11 in this case)?

I have a lot of shitcoins defined in the coin menu, and I have the impression when suddenly a coin diff increases a lot the software tends to continue mining it, at least if it is an user defined coin and in the coins page with the info supplied by the user the coin continues being the most profitable.

Salute
legendary
Hi patrike,

Thanks

legendary
what am I missing, when I setup a zcash pool the box to add in a wallet addr is blocked out.

Note: I found you make the RIG name the wallet plus Rig name

I find it odd you would make the worker name a property of the pool and not the miner.

by making it the pool property you can not name the rigs different workers and pass up to the pool which is silly, you are removing the basic options of the miner by doing this.

the Rig should have a worker Name and that's able to report up to the pool per rig and provide the wallet address on the pool config.
Hi,

For most miner types (zcash just happens to be an exception right now), you have access to the 'Advanced' settings for the miner, where you specify a 'Worker suffix' that will be appended after the worker name. So if the pool is configured with a worker name 'MyWorker', and you give a miner the suffix '1' and another miner the suffix '2', the worker name being used for the miners will be MyWorker.1 and MyWorker.2.

For the Zcash miner type that just was introduced, I do see that the Advanced section of the miner configuration is disabled, simply because most settings doesn't apply. What I will look at for next release is to move this setting to make it more visible and also accessible for zcash mining. Thanks for the feedback

I'm struggling with the following setup which is fairly basic and odd that its either not working or just pain to setup

AutoStart Miner after miner reboot.

Things tried:
Rule
Trigger:  Detect offline + Detect miner API connection established
Match all

Actions:
Notification
Wait 15s
Start miner

Expected result : Miner starts after reboot, power loss, BSOD or any thing else that would cause the miner to reboot/power down and up again.

Actual result: miner never starts automatically

Manually running the rule results in the miner starting.
First of all, there are two types of Remote feature. Remote Agent and Remote Service. More info here: http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/remoteagent.aspx

The option 'Autostart miner' should automatically start a Managed Miner as soon as the Remote Agent/Service is started. However, if you are using the Remote Agent option, you need to have automatic login configured in Windows, otherwise Remote Agent will not start, and the mining will not automatically start. You find information about this on the link above.
Activity: 727
Merit: 501
Hi patrike,

Thanks
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I'm struggling with the following setup which is fairly basic and odd that its either not working or just pain to setup

AutoStart Miner after miner reboot.

Things tried:
Rule
Trigger:  Detect offline + Detect miner API connection established
Match all

Actions:
Notification
Wait 15s
Start miner

Expected result : Miner starts after reboot, power loss, BSOD or any thing else that would cause the miner to reboot/power down and up again.

Actual result: miner never starts automatically

Manually running the rule results in the miner starting.

this basically makes the software almost totally useless....which is odd as it looks very good and worthy of the price tag, but I'm sure there is a simple explanation if you could respond please.

NOTE: the miner is using the agent installed and added as a full managed miner

Boysie
Activity: 43
what am I missing, when I setup a zcash pool the box to add in a wallet addr is blocked out.

Note: I found you make the RIG name the wallet plus Rig name

I find it odd you would make the worker name a property of the pool and not the miner.

by making it the pool property you can not name the rigs different workers and pass up to the pool which is silly, you are removing the basic options of the miner by doing this.

the Rig should have a worker Name and that's able to report up to the pool per rig and provide the wallet address on the pool config.

very odd

Activity: 25
legendary
Awesome Miner Version 2.1
- Zcash mining with Claymore's Zcash Miner 4.0.
- 'Generic Miner' is a new type of miner for mining software that doesn't provide any API. Allows the mining process to be started and stopped from Awesome Miner, but no statistics will be provided.
- Chip temperature for Antminer is now presented in ChipTemp1, ChipTemp2 and ChipTemp3 to better support latest batches.
- Zcash coin added to statistics
- X14 algorithm added to profit switcher
- Claymore's Dual Ethereum Miner 7.3

legendary
How can i configure my AW M to calculate mu ZEC profit?  I even don't have ZEC in COINS
Am I doing something wrong here? Smiley

http://prntscr.com/d5q3lo
The Zcash profit calculation requires the latest development version of Awesome Miner. But I will release all Zcash features as part of Awesome Miner 2.1 within a few minutes.
Activity: 25
How can i configure my AW M to calculate mu ZEC profit?  I even don't have ZEC in COINS
Am I doing something wrong here? Smiley

http://prntscr.com/d5q3lo

Thanks
legendary
How do you edit imported pools? I typo'ed a few.
Do I have to export , edit, then import?

Cannot do any pool mods/import/enable/disable  with the new antminer s9 autotune. (13.5TH)
If you go to the Options dialog in Awesome Miner, and navigate to the Pool sections, you can add, edit and remove pools. Was it this feature you were looking for?
legendary

I have 3 autotune s9's.
One is running 644 644 590 freqs on the gui.

Awesome miner shows 706 706 706. What do you suppose that means? Awesome miner not  quite working with autotune s9's?

fans show 4500/0 on awesome, gui shows 2300/2300

Have 40 seats.

Awesome miner is just.... awesome.
Hi,
The latest batches has changed how some of the Antminer statistics are reported. There are some improvements made in the latest development version of Awesome Miner, and these changes will also be included in Awesome Miner 2.1 that soon will be released.

If you see any inconsistency in the new version, please send me an API report from Awesome Miner (toolbar: Tools -> API Report)
How do you edit imported pools? I typo'ed a few.
Do I have to export , edit, then import?

Cannot do any pool mods/import/enable/disable  with the new antminer s9 autotune. (13.5TH)

I have 3 autotune s9's.
One is running 644 644 590 freqs on the gui.

Awesome miner shows 706 706 706. What do you suppose that means? Awesome miner not  quite working with autotune s9's?

fans show 4500/0 on awesome, gui shows 2300/2300

Have 40 seats.

Awesome miner is just.... awesome.
legendary
I continue to have some issues with getting some rigs online running.  They come on and it says "Starting" but nothing happens..  In the past I was able to either switch to a Static IP or delete conflicting IP's but now I cannot.

I have looked at the logfile and it says "ChannelFactoryProvider: Channel faulted"

Any ideas on how I can get it going.

Thanks

BTW- it happens on Custom Software Uploads on some rigs
The "Channel faulted" is an indication of communication problem between the application and the remote miner.
Are the miners on the same network or really far away?

In the past the timeout for uploading software was really low, so it would fail if it would take more than 10 seconds. That was however changed to 60 seconds since version 2.0. Could this still be a problem, that the actual software transfer is too slow?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
I continue to have some issues with getting some rigs online running.  They come on and it says "Starting" but nothing happens..  In the past I was able to either switch to a Static IP or delete conflicting IP's but now I cannot.

I have looked at the logfile and it says "ChannelFactoryProvider: Channel faulted"

Any ideas on how I can get it going.

Thanks

BTW- it happens on Custom Software Uploads on some rigs
Jump to: