Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 612. (Read 700866 times)

zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
50$ +VAT for 10 miners !

wow... and no BTC payment...

it looks nice, but I'll pass Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Stupid question maybe:
I have no problems mining Zcash with Awesome Miner using Claymore Miner. It is working fine, no problems.
What do I have to do in order to use sgminer? When I use sgminer instead of claymore the mining software directly stops after starting.
The window opens and closes before I can see an error or the reason for it. I also get the Awesome Miner error Message "Failed to start miner process".
Unfortunately this does not seem to be logged, at least I can not find entries according to the timestamp.

Activity: 659
Merit: 501
Trying to run this miner using the agents or locally and the miner looks like it starts and then stops right away. How can I resolve this ?
Hi, I noticed you just sent me an e-mail about this. It could be that the Remote Agent is downloading the mining software, but it's being removed by some Anti-virus software.
Can you provide me the Remote Agent log files via e-mail? The files can be found in the folder %localappdata%\AwesomeMinerService. Thanks!

I removed all Av from all systems.

For example it will jump to mine neiscrypt start up. And then stop.

Same problem here, it happens after updating AM Remote Agents remotely using AM main software. Please, help!
I will look into this. But I couldn't reproduce it myself right now.

If you look in the log file, what does is state in terms of profitability when it's doing the switching? If you search for "Profitability information" you should see the priorities and profits that Awesome Miner calculated. Priority 0 is highest priority. Does that list match with reality?

I have sent you every log file from my setup to your email.

Activity: 659
Merit: 501
The problem I have been seeing when switching to Sg miner is that it never comes back and tells me it's mining. Only the claymore miner seems to work. Sg will say mining but does nothing. I will send all the logs back again from both the main Server and the agents.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084
You should stop the other miner first. It does make sense that two mining instances for one miner are possible. For example if you configure the software to only use specific GPUs.
So you can be able to mine on one pool with GPU0+1 and the other pool with GPU2+3 for example (I did not test it, but from what I read this is possible).
In my case each rig contains same GPU's. So all i want to select all my 300 hosts, rightclick, choose "Change pool" - that's it. If desired pool have same algo with current working miner - it's just change the pool, if not - closing working miner, starting needed...On each host...
If it sgminer - seems like it works, but if you using Claymore software - it's not.
Hi,
On sgminer and similar, the Change Pool feature can be performed with the API, and no restart is needed.

With Claymore miner, the mining process should be terminated and a new one should startup. In your case it sound like the first process doesn't terminate correctly. Could you please send me your Awesome Miner log file for this scenario and let me know the time when you performed the Change Pool operation? The log file can be found in toolbar: Tools->Log File

About your previous question on profit switching. When running sgminer and similar, you simply enable Awesome Profit Switcher in the Options dialog, Rules. It will look at all the pools that are available for the miner and prioritize in profit order.

Again, with Claymore miner it's much more complicated because there are two different miners depending on algorithm (Zcash vs Ethereum). In this case you need to use the "Multi Engine Profit Switcher" in the Options dialog. Then you need to add two Managed Miners. One with Claymore's Zcash and one with Claymore's Ethereum. Then you start one of them and the profit switcher will automatically switch to the other one (stop the first Managed Miner and start the second).

The scenario with multiple mining software and profit switching between them is a bit complex at the moment. I planning to write a guide on the web site on that topic.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I'm having a weird quirk with the latest update...
If I toggle the "autostart" option for a remote miner I cannot start or stop it (and it does not start).
If I un-toggle the auto start check box - I can then start and stop the remote miner as normal.

Weird...
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
You should stop the other miner first. It does make sense that two mining instances for one miner are possible. For example if you configure the software to only use specific GPUs.
So you can be able to mine on one pool with GPU0+1 and the other pool with GPU2+3 for example (I did not test it, but from what I read this is possible).
In my case each rig contains same GPU's. So all i want to select all my 300 hosts, rightclick, choose "Change pool" - that's it. If desired pool have same algo with current working miner - it's just change the pool, if not - closing working miner, starting needed...On each host...
If it sgminer - seems like it works, but if you using Claymore software - it's not.
legendary
Yes. I can setup 1 managed miner, 1 pool....Mining started. But how can i add another miner (another algo) on the same remote host?
Im not even say about switching, i wanna try at least manual switching in one click (closing current miner, start needed).

Maybe by adding another miner with the same Host, but different pool/software?

Did it. But can't switch. When trying change pool, second miner starts, but working miner still works...
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Awesome Miner Version 2.2 is now available

- SgMiner-gm with Zcash mining and CryptoNight (Monero) support
- Device issue detection can include disabled devices
- Added context menu items for miner list to move miners to another group and to sort miners by name
- Claymore's Zcash Miner 9.0
- Minor corrections

Hi Patrike,

I am using Awesome miner premium and I really like your program, but I dont know how to connect Innosilicon A4 dominator with managed miner feature.

I was able to get priviliged access to the A4 external miner via Putty and ssh, but this does not allow me to use coin profitability switching feature.

When I try to setup new managed miner host: IP 192.168.1.211:4028 I get Failed to connect to remote service

When I try to setup a new device profile: mining engine scrypt,  software Cgminer FPGA, ASIC (avtomatic download) and select a pool, the miner status is "service offline"

Are there any other environment or command line properties I need to enter?

Please advise,

Best regards
How did you get privileged access to it?

Download putty.exe program and use ssh (ip of the miner, port 22)

user: pi
Password:raspberry

commands:
cd .
cd var
cp index-en.php index-en_old.php
vi index-en.php

find the function cg_stop();

press insert key scroll before --api-network and insert: --api-allow W:192.168.1.0/16,W:127.0.0.1

press ESC key (to finish editing)

type: qw (to save changes)

press enter
-------------------------------

Now use your miner ip and in top right use english version to restart a miner and you should have priviliged access:

Regards,
legendary
Hi Patrike,

I am using Awesome miner premium and I really like your program, but I dont know how to connect Innosilicon A4 dominator with managed miner feature.

I was able to get priviliged access to the A4 external miner via Putty and ssh, but this does not allow me to use coin profitability switching feature.
For ASIC's, the only option is to use External Miner. The External Miner feature is connecting to the API of the miner and can do management (if privileged access is enabled, which you have) and also monitoring.

Managed Miner is only available on the computer running Awesome Miner or Remote Agent, where Awesome Miner is in full control of starting the mining process.

In general, Profit Switching is working for External Miners as well. In you case, what are you trying to profit switch between? Different Scrypt coins/pools?
legendary
Trying to run this miner using the agents or locally and the miner looks like it starts and then stops right away. How can I resolve this ?
Hi, I noticed you just sent me an e-mail about this. It could be that the Remote Agent is downloading the mining software, but it's being removed by some Anti-virus software.
Can you provide me the Remote Agent log files via e-mail? The files can be found in the folder %localappdata%\AwesomeMinerService. Thanks!

Same problem here, it happens after updating AM Remote Agents remotely using AM main software. Please, help!
I will look into this. But I couldn't reproduce it myself right now.

If you look in the log file, what does is state in terms of profitability when it's doing the switching? If you search for "Profitability information" you should see the priorities and profits that Awesome Miner calculated. Priority 0 is highest priority. Does that list match with reality?
legendary
Yes. I can setup 1 managed miner, 1 pool....Mining started. But how can i add another miner (another algo) on the same remote host?
Im not even say about switching, i wanna try at least manual switching in one click (closing current miner, start needed).

Maybe by adding another miner with the same Host, but different pool/software?
legendary

Then it sound like the mining software is started in a way that doesn't work on your setup. In order for me to see the the exact configuration being used, I need the Remote Agent log file. If you want, you could also try to start the mining software (like the claymore miner or which software you are using) manually from the command line, to see if it works at all.
legendary
TBH, it's totally unclear how to make it works guys...FAQ and HELP far away from real help. Can you point me to a guide how can i use AwesomeMiner in my case - 3 rigs, 5 cards each. Claymore Zec and Claymore EthDual miners on each rig. Pools - nicehash, nanopool, dwarfpool. I want to control my rigs and use profit switching between pools and algo's. Thanks in advance!
Any feedback guys?
Did you manage to setup pools and start mining?I suggest you should do the basic installation before activating profit switching.
TBH, it's totally unclear how to make it works guys...FAQ and HELP far away from real help. Can you point me to a guide how can i use AwesomeMiner in my case - 3 rigs, 5 cards each. Claymore Zec and Claymore EthDual miners on each rig. Pools - nicehash, nanopool, dwarfpool. I want to control my rigs and use profit switching between pools and algo's. Thanks in advance!
Any feedback guys?
legendary

- Added context menu items for miner list to move miners to another group and to sort miners by name
- Minor corrections

Hi Patrike,

When I try to setup new managed miner host: IP 192.168.1.211:4028 I get Failed to connect to remote service

When I try to setup a new device profile: mining engine scrypt,  software Cgminer FPGA, ASIC (avtomatic download) and select a pool, the miner status is "service offline"

Please advise,

Best regards
How did you get privileged access to it?
Activity: 15

- Minor corrections

Hi Patrike,

Please advise,

Best regards
Activity: 18

Jump to: