Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 614. (Read 700960 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Thanks for reply.

Actually I can control the "server", Start, Stop, Restart, Reboot Computer and etc, but still getting this "Interface offline" error. I get only console view (successfully refreshing), but nothing else.
Excluded firewalls (totally disabled both sides for a few minutes), but still the same.

Any idea?
The "Interface offline" message indicates that the API connection to the Claymore mining instance isn't working. When the Claymore miner is starting, it typically states in the console output that the API port is being opened - can you see this message? Awesome Miner is connecting to the default port for Claymore's miner, and that should be 3333. Is the Remote Monitor provided by the Claymore miner working?

"Awesome Miner is connecting to the default port for Claymore's miner, and that should be 3333." - Now, I got it, the problem is I am using another port for Claymore and did not realize AM would use default one.
Your post helped me much, thank you!
rjg
Activity: 29
With the latest release of sgminer-gm supporting both XMR and ZEC/ZCL, do you think we can get support for these via AM?

https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/releases
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1084
Thanks for reply.

Actually I can control the "server", Start, Stop, Restart, Reboot Computer and etc, but still getting this "Interface offline" error. I get only console view (successfully refreshing), but nothing else.
Excluded firewalls (totally disabled both sides for a few minutes), but still the same.

Any idea?
The "Interface offline" message indicates that the API connection to the Claymore mining instance isn't working. When the Claymore miner is starting, it typically states in the console output that the API port is being opened - can you see this message? Awesome Miner is connecting to the default port for Claymore's miner, and that should be 3333. Is the Remote Monitor provided by the Claymore miner working?
Thanks for reply.

Any idea?
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
It is mining with Claymore, but says Interface offline and I don't get any stats. What is wrong?
Looks like your "server" (the system where you administrate Awesome Miner) can not connect to the client. You can test clicking on "Test connection" in Options -> Managed Hosts -> Edit (Your Miner).
The clients normally do not stop mining on their own, if there is no connection to the server. They are even able to start the software after reboot (if configured) even when the server is offline.
Greetings
It is mining with Claymore, but says Interface offline and I don't get any stats. What is wrong?
legendary
Is there an iPhone or android app for awesomeminer?
Or is the web interface the only mobile feature?

Awesome Miner provides a web interface that you can read about here: http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/web.aspx
Like FlensGold stated above, the current solution requires configuration of your router in order to make the web interface accessible from your smart phone.

There are however development in progress to remove the requirement of this configuration, and make the monitoring available from a public web site - available from any smart phone or computer without any additional configuration.
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

Awesome Miner does not provide external webserver/websites you can connect to via Internet.
If you would like to access your miner you have to configure your firewall in order to access your miner. Having that done you can access the webinterface via mobile phone if you like.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
hi  I just bought  an antminer s9 b22 with last firmware, very noisy,  does awesome miner configure frequency is working with this batch?
The latest batches of Antminer S9 is running bmminer 2.0 software, and at the moment there is no known way of chaning this frequency.
If anyone figures out how to do it over SSH by modifying the bmconfig file or similar, please let me know.
So far from info in the Hardware thread, voltage and freq are stored in the PIC on the miners from batch 16 on up. After Auto-tune runs and BMminer 2.0 looks at the metrics the results for best speed/voltage are sent to the PIC. So, the restart info is hopefully stored in it on the hash board and sticks at least through a soft boot. (someone verify please?).

Edit: I looked up the datasheet for the PIC they use http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/en/PIC16F1704 and it only has 128bits of NV memory in the cpu and 7k total flash. Seems too small to store the needed data so perhaps there *is* a conf file in their software that either sets per-chain as found during auto-tune or - maybe - via a hardware ID.

Folks there have also said that if you update older (pre batch 16) to use the 'apply to all' firmware updates, yes things still mostly work as before but -- if you lose a hashboard and get a replacement, guess what?

The original older boards do their thing though with a more limited choice of freq but the new replacement board(s) auto-tune and then remain locked at what they think is best. Definitely hardware version checking going on...

Also from the same poster in the HW section https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17012772 seems that with this weeks flavor of Bitmain's latest Firmware, on Factory reset/install the freq for auto-tune s9's might be able to be set. so I'd think that with a little of Awesome's software majik you might be able to give us better s9 control back no?
legendary
Hi,
There are actually two profit switching features in Awesome Miner (both found in Options dialog, Rules section).

Awesome Profit Switcher is the original one and is doing profit switching within a specific mining process. For example when running sgminer, you typically and to switch between all the algorithms you listed above. Awesome Profit Switcher also works fine with both External Miners and Managed Miners.

However, sgminer doesn't support Zcash mining, and in order to switch between Zcash mining and the algorithms supported by sgminer, the feature "Multi Engine Profit Switching" can be used. This one only works with Managed Miners, and basically allows you to define one Managed Miner for Zcash mining, and another Managed Miner for sgminer. These will be started and stopped based on profitability.

Is there a help section on this second one? I cant find any thing that would walk me through the setup?

Also by the way you describe it, it cant switch between ZCE and ZCL? because that is switching between claymore and claymore?

Thanks

Boysie
If you only need to switch between ZEC and ZCL you want to switch between it should work fine with just the standard "Awesome Profit Switching". Both are handled by the same mining software, so no multi-engine features are required.

Enable "Awesome Profit Switching" in Options -> Rules, and define a "Pool Group" with the two pools (one for ZEC and one for ZCL) and it should just work.
Activity: 43
are they any plans to add additional coins to the profit switching? for example: ZEC and ZCL?

It should be able to do that already? Multi-Engine profit switching?

as per: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.620

Awesome Profit Switching works for any combination of GPU mining computers and standalone ASIC's, as long as a Cgminer/Sgminer compatible API is available. The nVidia CUDA based ccMiner is also supported, but with fewer algorithms.
Supported multi-pools for automatic profit switching:
NiceHash (Scrypt, Scrypt Adaptive N, SHA-3 (Keccak), X11, X13, X15, Nist5, Neoscrypt, Lyra2RE, Qubit, WhirlpoolX)
WestHash (Scrypt, Scrypt Adaptive N, SHA-3 (Keccak), X11, X13, X15, Nist5, Neoscrypt, Lyra2RE, Qubit, WhirlpoolX)
LTCRabbit (Scrypt, X11)
Hi,
There are actually two profit switching features in Awesome Miner (both found in Options dialog, Rules section).

Awesome Profit Switcher is the original one and is doing profit switching within a specific mining process. For example when running sgminer, you typically and to switch between all the algorithms you listed above. Awesome Profit Switcher also works fine with both External Miners and Managed Miners.

However, sgminer doesn't support Zcash mining, and in order to switch between Zcash mining and the algorithms supported by sgminer, the feature "Multi Engine Profit Switching" can be used. This one only works with Managed Miners, and basically allows you to define one Managed Miner for Zcash mining, and another Managed Miner for sgminer. These will be started and stopped based on profitability.

Is there a help section on this second one? I cant find any thing that would walk me through the setup?

Also by the way you describe it, it cant switch between ZCE and ZCL? because that is switching between claymore and claymore?

Thanks

Boysie
legendary
Awesome Miner version 2.1.2

- More coin address balance statistics providers supported, to display wallet balance for Dash, Ethereum, Zcash and more.
- Allow H/s as unit for graphs to better visualize Zcash mining speed
- Claymore's Zcash Miner 8.0
legendary
hi  I just bought  an antminer s9 b22 with last firmware, very noisy,  does awesome miner configure frequency is working with this batch?
The latest batches of Antminer S9 is running bmminer 2.0 software, and at the moment there is no known way of chaning this frequency.
If anyone figures out how to do it over SSH by modifying the bmconfig file or similar, please let me know.
legendary
are they any plans to add additional coins to the profit switching? for example: ZEC and ZCL?

Awesome Profit Switching works for any combination of GPU mining computers and standalone ASIC's, as long as a Cgminer/Sgminer compatible API is available. The nVidia CUDA based ccMiner is also supported, but with fewer algorithms.
NiceHash (Scrypt, Scrypt Adaptive N, SHA-3 (Keccak), X11, X13, X15, Nist5, Neoscrypt, Lyra2RE, Qubit, WhirlpoolX)
WestHash (Scrypt, Scrypt Adaptive N, SHA-3 (Keccak), X11, X13, X15, Nist5, Neoscrypt, Lyra2RE, Qubit, WhirlpoolX)
LTCRabbit (Scrypt, X11)
Hi,

Activity: 1
hi  I just bought  an antminer s9 b22 with last firmware, very noisy,  does awesome miner configure frequency is working with this batch?

LTCRabbit (Scrypt, X11)
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Boysie
Jump to: