Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 645. (Read 701080 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1084
Didn't mean the device profiles, but changing that is also ok.
I mean at the device management. U can only change intensity on the fly, not xIntensity or rawintensity.

Now I do understand what you were asking for. However, Sgminer API doesn't allow to change x- and raw-intensity on-the-fly the same way that you can do with Intensity. So at the moment, this will not be supported unless you configure it in your Device Profile before you start the mining.

Did you make any progress with the profit switching feature, or isn't it working properly?

Just to let you know, I'm working on improving the software.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I set Awesome Profit Switching to 2minutes and see if it switch when looking at the online services, but it doesn't switch.
tmb x11 second profitable but doesn't switch to it, it hash the pool with the highest alive prio.
Are all pools added to the miner, so it looks something like the last screenshot on this page?
http://www.awesomeminer.com/guide/awesomeprofit.aspx
For TradeMyBit, you also need to enter the API key in Awesome Miner, as described on the link above.
Please let me know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks for all comments! I will continue working on improving the software.

TMB api key is entered. pools are listed (manually)

So after 5minutes it still doesn't change to tmb x11(most profitable)
I set the Awesome profit switching to 2 minutes

after 15min still not change the pool to tmb (still profitable)
At the gpu-settings (device management)u can only change the intensity, it it possible to make a dropbox for Intensity/xIntensity/rawintensity?
You need to scroll down in the list of settings to find x- and rawintensity. I do however agree that those settings should be next to the Intensity setting.

Didn't mean the device profiles, but changing that is also ok.
I mean at the device management. U can only change intensity on the fly, not xIntensity or rawintensity.

legendary
At the gpu-settings (device management)u can only change the intensity, it it possible to make a dropbox for Intensity/xIntensity/rawintensity?
You need to scroll down in the list of settings to find x- and rawintensity. I do however agree that those settings should be next to the Intensity setting.
legendary
first I made a external miner and the device profiles was working what I set.
second I made a manage miner other wise u can't start the miner when it logs on windows, but the device profiles doesn't work.
When I want to edit my profile it ask for the 3 options and it doesn't use the device profiles.
for example it should use worksize 64, but it is building a binary with worksize 256.
You can always verify the generated configuration by clicking the button "View Details" on the right hand side of Awesome Miner when a Managed Miner is running.

I used my batfile and that doesn't work, when using the sgminer.exe it is working.

Where can I insert these parameters? normaly it is in my bat-file

Code:
timeout /t 30
COLOR 0A
In the commandline it doesn't work
Batch-files are currently not supported, so there is no way of setting the color codes. I will put this on the list of feature requests for future versions.

edit3  Grin
For  Awesome Profit Switching, is it better to use the multi-multi switch port or the normal port?
You shouldn't use the auto-closing switching ports, where only one of several pools is alive. Currently, it's only the standard pools multi-port pools that are supported.

I set Awesome Profit Switching to 2minutes and see if it switch when looking at the online services, but it doesn't switch.
tmb x11 second profitable but doesn't switch to it, it hash the pool with the highest alive prio.
Are all pools added to the miner, so it looks something like the last screenshot on this page?
http://www.awesomeminer.com/guide/awesomeprofit.aspx
For TradeMyBit, you also need to enter the API key in Awesome Miner, as described on the link above.
Please let me know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks for all comments! I will continue working on improving the software.
Thank u for the answers..I set up now and made device profiles and it's using my optimized bins, already build.

Another question.
-Let's say one gpu is dead and awesome miner is rebooting my rig, does it restart my sgminer automatic or is awesome miner only logging? Or do have to start sgminer first?

-if my rig is rented and awesome profits switching is enable, will it change the pool to tmb or nicheash? That's not realy the way.

Edit;
when awsome profit switching is enabled it is switching to another pool Sad when my rig is rented.
Can u make a exceptional/option for betarigs/miningrigrental?
Thanks for your comments.

To automatically start mining when Awesome Miner starts, use the setting "Autostart miner" in the properties of your Managed Miner.
If you want Awesome Miner to autostart when Windows is starting, use the setting "Autostart when Windows starts" that can be found in the General section of the Options dialog.

I have to look into how to solve the rental issue. Because if you use Betarigs, you need that pool to be priority 0 (highest priority) all the time, even when it's Disabled (not rented). That should be possible to implement.

For MiningRigRental it will be a bit more difficult, as we don't know if your rig is rented by just looking at the pool, because you could mine at your pool configured in their settings - right? Maybe this can be solved by implementing their API to figure out if the rig is rented or not.

I will get back to you once I have more information.

I have several pools for betarigs (x11-x13-x15-nist5) they are prio 0-3. If x13 is rented (prio 1) does it switch to prio 0, otherwise u have to switch manualy and sometime u forget that. Maybe u can set how many pools u have at betarigs and it should check from prio 0-3 , instead of only check prio 0..
Hope u can implement it somehow.
Anither problem was that it didn't switch to betarig when my rig was rented, I had to close awesome miner or uncheck the awesome profit switching.

miningrigrental is indeed a bit more difficult.

edit
first I made a external miner and the device profiles was working what I set.
second I made a manage miner other wise u can't start the miner when it logs on windows, but the device profiles doesn't work.
When I want to edit my profile it ask for the 3 options and it doesn't use the device profiles.
for example it should use worksize 64, but it is building a binary with worksize 256.

edit2
I used my batfile and that doesn't work, when using the sgminer.exe it is working.

Where can I insert these parameters? normaly it is in my bat-file

Code:
timeout /t 30
COLOR 0A
In the commandline it doesn't work

edit3  Grin
For  Awesome Profit Switching, is it better to use the multi-multi switch port or the normal port?

edit4

edit5
I set up a poolgroup with tmb multi-multi-ports and the normal as failovers.
Problem is that the prio is at alfabet way, I can change it with the prioritize option but if I restart the miner it's back to alfabet prio.

example

x11 multi prio 0
x11 normal prio 1
x13 multi prio 2
x13 normal prio 3
x15 multi prio 4
x15 normal prio 5

I want this, even when u restart the miner after prioritize
x11 multi prio 0
x13 multi prio 1
x15 multi prio 2
x11 normal prio 3
x13 normal prio 4
x15 normal prio 5

Got it, in pool option u can set the prio  Cheesy

sorry for the many edits Lips sealed
legendary
Thank u for the answers..I set up now and made device profiles and it's using my optimized bins, already build.

Another question.
-Let's say one gpu is dead and awesome miner is rebooting my rig, does it restart my sgminer automatic or is awesome miner only logging? Or do have to start sgminer first?

-if my rig is rented and awesome profits switching is enable, will it change the pool to tmb or nicheash? That's not realy the way.

Edit;
when awsome profit switching is enabled it is switching to another pool Sad when my rig is rented.
Thanks for your comments.

To automatically start mining when Awesome Miner starts, use the setting "Autostart miner" in the properties of your Managed Miner.
If you want Awesome Miner to autostart when Windows is starting, use the setting "Autostart when Windows starts" that can be found in the General section of the Options dialog.

I have to look into how to solve the rental issue. Because if you use Betarigs, you need that pool to be priority 0 (highest priority) all the time, even when it's Disabled (not rented). That should be possible to implement.

For MiningRigRental it will be a bit more difficult, as we don't know if your rig is rented by just looking at the pool, because you could mine at your pool configured in their settings - right? Maybe this can be solved by implementing their API to figure out if the rig is rented or not.

I will get back to you once I have more information.

Another question.

Edit;
legendary
I tested the hashrates, but it's quite a bit lower than the sgminer v5 beta, are there any improvements in the future?
Awesome Miner 1.0 already uses the latest Sgminer v5 Beta: sgminer-5.0-pre-release-2014-07-20. You can also point Awesome Miner to use your own installation of a recent Sgminer v5 Beta.

If you get a little lower hash rates, I think you have to change the default settings a bit to match what you typically use. I will describe how to do that below.

Next generation pool switching: Awesome Profit Switching
Awesome Miner introduces the next generation of profit switching multi-algorithm pool mining, Awesome Profit Switching. By using both real-time coin profitability statistics to switch between single-coin pools and also using real-time statistics from popular auto-switching multi-pools, Awesome Miner can automatically switch between mining a specific coin or mine on the currently most profitable auto-switching multi-pool.

Awesome Profit Switching makes it possible to get higher profits than any of the auto-switching multi-pools alone, by automatically switching between multiple algorithms and multiple multi-pools.

So u can switch between tmb and nicehash or a sinlge coin-pool which is more profitable? and how does it calculate it and switch, api keys?
Yes, currently only TradeMyBit and NiceHash provides this kind of profitability information via their API's. I'm trying to get more multi-pool services to provide this information. The NiceHash API is fully public and doesn't require any API-key and the TradeMyBit requires your API-key (totally free to use, and can be found on your TradeMyBit account page).

For the single-coin pools, Awesome Miner support CoinChoose, CoinWarz and WhatMine as coin statistics providers. It's recommended to use either CoinWarz or WhatMine because they are updated more frequently and supports many more coins. Those will however require API-keys that are limited unless you pay.

The profit switching feature simply compares the current normalized BTC / 1MH / Day statistics for all the active pools of a miner. It will automatically detect NiceHash and TradeMyBit pools based on their URL. Every 30 minutes (configurable) it will change to the most profitable pool.

The profit switching feature is implemented using standard features provided by Awesome Miner rules and scripts, so anyone with interest can modify it and develop their own version. The feature is developed using the Awesome Miner C# Script API, and the source code can be found here: Awesome Profit Switching source code
Another question;

Last time I configure it , it wasn't possible to use different xIntensity for each algo, let's say I want xI=64 for X11 and xI=51 for x13/x15, is that possible?
You can configure this using different Device Profiles . For each pool, you can configure that a specific Device Profiles should be used. You can for example create one "X11-profile" and another "X13/X15-profile", and you configured your X11-pool to use the Device Profiles "X11-profile" and your X13 and X15 pools to use the Device Profiles "X13/X15-profile".

You can configure the Device Profiles in Options dialog, Device Profile section. If you already have a Device Profiles defined (for example "X-algorithm devices" if you imported the prepared configuration), you can clone this one and modify the copy. If not, just create the new device profiles you need.

The prepared Device Profiles are very generic, and you might have to tweak them a bit to get a good hash rate for your system, just like you used to tweak your Sgminer configuration file.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
If I still mined, I would use this. Too bad I can't make any money anymore, the difficulty is too high these days Tongue
I tested the hashrates, but it's quite a bit lower than the sgminer v5 beta, are there any improvements in the future?

Awesome Miner introduces the next generation of profit switching multi-algorithm pool mining, Awesome Profit Switching. By using both real-time coin profitability statistics to switch between single-coin pools and also using real-time statistics from popular auto-switching multi-pools, Awesome Miner can automatically switch between mining a specific coin or mine on the currently most profitable auto-switching multi-pool.

Awesome Profit Switching makes it possible to get higher profits than any of the auto-switching multi-pools alone, by automatically switching between multiple algorithms and multiple multi-pools.

So u can switch between tmb and nicehash or a sinlge coin-pool which is more profitable? and how does it calculate it and switch, api keys?

Another question;

Last time I configure it , it wasn't possible to use different xIntensity for each algo, let's say I want xI=64 for X11 and xI=51 for x13/x15, is that possible?
legendary
Version 1.0 released: Awesome Miner 1.0 Product Announcement

Awesome Miner introduces the next generation of profit switching multi-algorithm pool mining. By using both real-time coin profitability statistics to switch between single-coin pools and also using real-time statistics from popular auto-switching multi-pools, Awesome Miner can automatically switch between mining a specific coin or mine on the currently most profitable auto-switching multi-pool.

Read more
legendary
Don't get your hopes up for an API. I started making a profit-switcher for cuda, and had to "consume" the cmd output to get all the data. It's such a PITA, I ended up just working on the profit calculation part, and so my Profit Calc was born Tongue
Anyways, if you really want cuda integrated, you'll either need to reprogram cudaminer/ccminer with an API yourself (Tongue) or consume it and run it in the background. CudaManager does the same but hasn't been updated for ccminer IIRC.
Many thanks for the information. Good luck with the development of the profit calculator.
legendary
I was try to setup my miner
but it always stop working

this is my setting

stratum from nicehash
x11 algo
miner from local computer
Could you please send me the Awesome Miner log file to [email protected]? The log file can be accessed from the Options dialog, Advanced section. Thanks!
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
I was try to setup my miner
but it always stop working

this is my setting

stratum from nicehash
x11 algo
miner from local computer
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Working well for me on a test box. Any chance of getting it working with Cudaminer?
Thanks for testing Awesome Miner. Cudaminer doesn't provide any API's for getting statistics and information from the miner. I've noticed that this is one of the items on their Todo-list, so it might be available in future versions. Once Cudaminer provides an API, support for Cudaminer can be implemented in Awesome Miner.

Don't get your hopes up for an API. I started making a profit-switcher for cuda, and had to "consume" the cmd output to get all the data. It's such a PITA, I ended up just working on the profit calculation part, and so my Profit Calc was born Tongue
Anyways, if you really want cuda integrated, you'll either need to reprogram cudaminer/ccminer with an API yourself (Tongue) or consume it and run it in the background. CudaManager does the same but hasn't been updated for ccminer IIRC.

legendary
Working well for me on a test box. Any chance of getting it working with Cudaminer?
Thanks for testing Awesome Miner. Cudaminer doesn't provide any API's for getting statistics and information from the miner. I've noticed that this is one of the items on their Todo-list, so it might be available in future versions. Once Cudaminer provides an API, support for Cudaminer can be implemented in Awesome Miner.
legendary
my antivirus keeps on blocking the miners...never had any problems with any miners except those downloaded by your program....
When using the automatic download feature in Awesome Miner, a zip-file will be downloaded from the official download location if still available. As a fallback, an identical copy of the original zip-file can be automatically downloaded from the Awesome Miner web site.

However, most anti-virus software warn about cgminer and similar mining software because they are being used by trojans and other malware. If you run into this problem, you can always manually download cgminer / sgminer and configure Awesome Miner to that use that downloaded instance instead.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Jump to: