Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 640. (Read 700866 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084
Patrike,

can you walk us through creating a "Rule" to do the following.

check to see what the AVG hashrate is, if it is below 400GH/s then reboot
wait 5 minutes check again to see if hashrate is below 400GH/s? if good, wait another 5 minutes then repeat.

Thanks!! Great App, Keep up the 'Awesome Work'!! Smiley
Yes, of course I can help you with that.

Just a quick question - is this a stand alone ASIC that you connect to as an External Miner in Awesome Miner (Cgminer running on the actual ASIC device)? If that is the case, it will not possible to reboot, only restart the mining process.

Also, Is there any specific reason the app won't install on a VM image of windows 7??
I've sent you an e-mail about this. We can continue the fault isolation by mail.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Also, Is there any specific reason the app won't install on a VM image of windows 7??
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Patrike,

can you walk us through creating a "Rule" to do the following.

check to see what the AVG hashrate is, if it is below 400GH/s then reboot
wait 5 minutes check again to see if hashrate is below 400GH/s? if good, wait another 5 minutes then repeat.

Thanks!! Great App, Keep up the 'Awesome Work'!! Smiley
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Patrike, I am attempting to install the latest Awesome Miner Remote Service.  I have completely uninstalled the previous version.
Using Win 7-64.  The installation hangs as it is attempting to start services it then has a popup that says that the IntelliBreeze Software Maintenance Service failed to start.  Please advise.
I will try to reproduce this problem and get back to you. Is the Windows user you are running as an Administrator?

Yes
legendary
Patrike, I am attempting to install the latest Awesome Miner Remote Service.  I have completely uninstalled the previous version.
Using Win 7-64.  The installation hangs as it is attempting to start services it then has a popup that says that the IntelliBreeze Software Maintenance Service failed to start.  Please advise.
I will try to reproduce this problem and get back to you. Is the Windows user you are running as an Administrator?
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
legendary
The profit switcher is working based on statistics from some of the popular pools. The pools supported are TradeMyBit, West/NiceHash, LTCrabbit, Yaamp.

The easiest way to get all the configuration needed is to follow this guide, where you can download all pool info:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/guide/awesomeprofit.aspx

If you use Coinwarz statistics and want to mine for Darkcoin (just an example), Awesome Miner will compare the profit of Darkcoin with the current profitability of mining NiceHash, and switch to the most profitable one. It is however important that all these pools to be considered by the profit switcher are added to the miner pool list. If you go to the Pools-tab for a running miner, you see the list of all the pools - and those you want to profit switch between must be in the list (example screenshot: http://www.awesomeminer.com/img/guide/profit_mining.png)

Thanks, I am pretty sure I am following the directions and see it change sometimes but not confident its working as intended.

For example, I am remotely managing a Gridseed 5 Mhz blade (scrypt only).  I have selected my "Awesome Miner pool" which consists of the supported Pools along with some individual coins.  It has chosen to use the Nicehash pool.

As a test, I have also added my crappy graphics card which gets about 50 khs (scrypt only).  I too select my "Awesome Miner pool" with the exact same pool/coin options.  If this software was auto-picking the most profitable and NiceHash was already picked, one would think the graphics card would also be assigned NiceHash, but no, it gets a coin.

If things are most profitable, why would different devices get different coins/pools?
Could you please send me your Awesome Miner log file? Awesome Miner is writing log information to AwesomeMiner.log. To find this file, open the Options dialog, Advanced section, and select either Open to open the file in a text editor, or Open folder to open the folder where the log file is located, so it can be copied or attached to an e-mail.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
The profit switcher is working based on statistics from some of the popular pools. The pools supported are TradeMyBit, West/NiceHash, LTCrabbit, Yaamp.

The easiest way to get all the configuration needed is to follow this guide, where you can download all pool info:

If you use Coinwarz statistics and want to mine for Darkcoin (just an example), Awesome Miner will compare the profit of Darkcoin with the current profitability of mining NiceHash, and switch to the most profitable one. It is however important that all these pools to be considered by the profit switcher are added to the miner pool list. If you go to the Pools-tab for a running miner, you see the list of all the pools - and those you want to profit switch between must be in the list (example screenshot: http://www.awesomeminer.com/img/guide/profit_mining.png)

Thanks, I am pretty sure I am following the directions and see it change sometimes but not confident its working as intended.

For example, I am remotely managing a Gridseed 5 Mhz blade (scrypt only).  I have selected my "Awesome Miner pool" which consists of the supported Pools along with some individual coins.  It has chosen to use the Nicehash pool.

As a test, I have also added my crappy graphics card which gets about 50 khs (scrypt only).  I too select my "Awesome Miner pool" with the exact same pool/coin options.  If this software was auto-picking the most profitable and NiceHash was already picked, one would think the graphics card would also be assigned NiceHash, but no, it gets a coin.

If things are most profitable, why would different devices get different coins/pools?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
hate to shoot  my own app in the foot, but

antminers do report the asic stats and freq.

with the "stats" command

it'll return

chain_acs1
chain_acs2
frequency
Many thanks, I really appreciate that! I used to have an Antminer S1, but not anymore.

Cool
legendary

with the "stats" command

it'll return

chain_acs1
chain_acs2
frequency
Many thanks, I really appreciate that! I used to have an Antminer S1, but not anymore.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
Would like to be able to have some of the reporting on the Miners view for the Antminers, with the info like is shown with Spiceminer's Antviewer though. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760810.20
Just need the Asic status, Best Share & Freq. as you already have Ghs, Reject and HW errors. Then I wouldn't need to run Spiceminers as well as Awesome.
I don't think the Antminer's publish the ASIC status and Frequency statistics via the API. It could be that the Antviewer software you are referring to is logging in to the web page and try to parse the output.

with the "stats" command

it'll return

chain_acs1
chain_acs2
frequency

Cool

Shows your a good bloke who cares about helping people, not his own pocket  Cool
Activity: 336
Would like to be able to have some of the reporting on the Miners view for the Antminers, with the info like is shown with Spiceminer's Antviewer though. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760810.20
Just need the Asic status, Best Share & Freq. as you already have Ghs, Reject and HW errors. Then I wouldn't need to run Spiceminers as well as Awesome.
I don't think the Antminer's publish the ASIC status and Frequency statistics via the API. It could be that the Antviewer software you are referring to is logging in to the web page and try to parse the output.

with the "stats" command

it'll return

chain_acs1
chain_acs2
frequency

Cool
legendary
Really enjoying the product, so thank you! But I am also not confident I am understanding a couple statements from the website help vs my results.  I have enabled the awesome profit switching rule and its set for 30 minutes.  I also enabled the check box to manually implement and see the option on top, love it!

Help: The Awesome Profit Switching rule requires all pools to switch between to be added to the miner. Of all the added pools, the most profitable will automatically be prioritized.

Me: I am not finding the priorities changing over time even as the coin's and pool profit-abilities change.

Help: If the pool has a specific coin specified, the coin statistics will be used to calculate the profitability of the coin, and the Awesome Profit Switching rule will automatically change to the pool if it's more profitable than any of the added multi-pools.

Me: Pool can mean either a hosted pool such as NiceHash or the pool of coins/pools inside AwesomeMiner.  If I am using NiceHash and also added a dedicated pool for a coin NiceHash knows nothing about, will it get the profitability from Coinwarz and those sites or does it rely on NiceHash to give individual statistics? What if NiceHash knows nothing about that coin?

Mainly I am not seeing consistent results in changing pools with the awesome profit enabled.  For example, ANC coin is always at my highest priority and it starts mining with this.  I then manually switch to a different pool, say NiceHash.  I then re-add my awesome pool which consists of both.  Technically if ANC was my highest priority and thus most profitable, it would switch back, no? And vice versa...in either case it seems to stick with what I move it to and not auto-pick after the 30 minute interval or manual request.

legendary

Best Share can be added in Awesome Miner like this:

Open the Customize Progress field, see:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/customizefield.aspx

If you want to modify the line that by default says "Rejected: XX", you can put a check in the Line 2 box, and enter the following:
"R: " + status.Rejected +  ", BS: " + status.BestShare

Now you will see both Rejected and Best Share on the second line in the Progress field for all your miners.
legendary
How can i set API access from restricted to privileged on my Antminer S3?
A step by step for dummies would be cool  Wink
I know that TheFridge was looking into this a while ago. There are guides how to setup Privileged mode on Antminer S1:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s1-privileged-api-499837

However, there might be changes on the S3 that requires different settings. Please let me know if the above work or not, otherwise we can probably ask in the S3 thread.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Really enjoying the product, so thank you! But I am also not confident I am understanding a couple statements from the website help vs my results.  I have enabled the awesome profit switching rule and its set for 30 minutes.  I also enabled the check box to manually implement and see the option on top, love it!

Help: The Awesome Profit Switching rule requires all pools to switch between to be added to the miner. Of all the added pools, the most profitable will automatically be prioritized.

Me: I am not finding the priorities changing over time even as the coin's and pool profit-abilities change.

Help: If the pool has a specific coin specified, the coin statistics will be used to calculate the profitability of the coin, and the Awesome Profit Switching rule will automatically change to the pool if it's more profitable than any of the added multi-pools.

Me: Pool can mean either a hosted pool such as NiceHash or the pool of coins/pools inside AwesomeMiner.  If I am using NiceHash and also added a dedicated pool for a coin NiceHash knows nothing about, will it get the profitability from Coinwarz and those sites or does it rely on NiceHash to give individual statistics? What if NiceHash knows nothing about that coin?

Mainly I am not seeing consistent results in changing pools with the awesome profit enabled.  For example, ANC coin is always at my highest priority and it starts mining with this.  I then manually switch to a different pool, say NiceHash.  I then re-add my awesome pool which consists of both.  Technically if ANC was my highest priority and thus most profitable, it would switch back, no? And vice versa...in either case it seems to stick with what I move it to and not auto-pick after the 30 minute interval or manual request.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
How can i set API access from restricted to privileged on my Antminer S3?
A step by step for dummies would be cool  Wink
Activity: 297
Wow! This just gets more Awesome with every release.

Updated and working here.

Grin
Thanks!
Have you tested the nVidia mining?

No as I'm using Antminers and AMD GPUs.

Hopefully someone with nVidia rigs will try it out and report back.

legendary

Grin
Thanks!
Have you tested the nVidia mining?
Activity: 297

Version 1.1 adds support for nVidia CUDA mining software, ccMiner. This is a feature requested by the nVidia mining community, and brings the powerful centralized management features of Awesome Miner to those using nVidia GPU's.

The new version also improves the management performance of Awesome Miner, and allows up to 200 miners to be managed and monitored - everything from a centralized view.

Grin
Jump to: