Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 642. (Read 700866 times)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Patrike,
I tried to do the upgrade. to v1.06.  I clicked yes, it seems to be downloading something, the program shuts down and then nothing.  Next time I start the awesome miner it is still v. 1.05.
Win 7-64 currently using v1.05.  Please advise.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
you lost me there fridge.. trying to use the remote agent to monitor an S3? That wont work.

Need more details  Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Just running the remote agent. Checked the running process in task manager and it only says remote agent. Any ideas?

Seems the s3 can't access the etc/init.d file. Non existent maybe? I'll check over on the s3 thread.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084
Really digging this software. I now no longer need to SSH or Teamviewer in to any of my rigs.
Question though: I cant see any of the GPU statistics in the Managed miners field (core clock, fan speed etc) If API-allow wasnt set correct then I wouldnt be able change pool etc.
http://imgur.com/1rnAPQY
Are you running the Remote Service (Windows service) or the Remote Agent (Windows system tray application) on your remote miners? If you are using the Window service, some GPU information will not be available because they cannot be accessed from services.

Plus how can I have privileged access the CGminer API on my ANtminers? I have done api_allow W:0/0 to test it and it still doesnt work. Im thinking the API is broken? Does anyone else have this issue?
I used to have Antminer S1, and then I had to modify the startup shell script for the miner to enable privileged API access. Have you tried these steps?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s1-privileged-api-499837

I would also think it would be nice to have profit switching for SHA256. Even just between NiceHash and BTC directly Smiley
Also coinking?
Good idea, but there are very few SHA-256 multi-pools out there. But sure, just NiceHash and BTC would also be useful.

The Coinking API doesn't provide any profitability information. I've tried to contact them about that without success. I will try again.

+1 for Nvidia Mining too
I've started to look into that, and if there are enough interest, I will support it in Awesome Miner. There are however no API at all provided by Cudaminer/ccminer, so the statistics you can get will basically be what the console output is giving you. But that's good enough for making a nVidia based profit switcher.
Really digging this software. I now no longer need to SSH or Teamviewer in to any of my rigs.
Question though: I cant see any of the GPU statistics in the Managed miners field (core clock, fan speed etc) If API-allow wasnt set correct then I wouldnt be able change pool etc.
http://imgur.com/1rnAPQY

Plus how can I have privileged access the CGminer API on my ANtminers? I have done api_allow W:0/0 to test it and it still doesnt work. Im thinking the API is broken? Does anyone else have this issue?

I would also think it would be nice to have profit switching for SHA256. Even just between NiceHash and BTC directly Smiley
Also coinking?

+1 for Nvidia Mining too
I don't always drink...
Yes, that is what I had in mind.  I'll look into Script API.  Thanks!
The Script API might be a bit difficult to use unless you are used to C# development.

You will find more information, and including the source code for the Awesome Profit Switching script here:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/script.aspx

At some point I was planning to do the development of this new script for stopping low profit miners, but it may not be the next few weeks because of many other feature requests.

Thanks, I look forward to your new features.
legendary
The Script API might be a bit difficult to use unless you are used to C# development.

You will find more information, and including the source code for the Awesome Profit Switching script here:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/script.aspx

At some point I was planning to do the development of this new script for stopping low profit miners, but it may not be the next few weeks because of many other feature requests.
I don't always drink...
A feature I would like to see would be one that turns off the miners if a certain value per miner is not being reached.
If this is already possible please elaborate.
Is the idea to stop the miner if the profitability is lower than a specified number of BTC/1MH/day? And start the mining again if the profitability get higher? That feature is currently not available, but is fully possible to develop using the existing Script API for Awesome Miner. It will however only work for Managed Miners, not for external ASIC's for example.

I had similar requests before, and this is good input to future development.

legendary
A feature I would like to see would be one that turns off the miners if a certain value per miner is not being reached.
Is the idea to stop the miner if the profitability is lower than a specified number of BTC/1MH/day? And start the mining again if the profitability get higher? That feature is currently not available, but is fully possible to develop using the existing Script API for Awesome Miner. It will however only work for Managed Miners, not for external ASIC's for example.

I had similar requests before, and this is good input to future development.
I don't always drink...

Seems theres a wealth of info there that I overlooked  Embarrassed

For future reference, if anyone else is having troubles with getting hamachi to tunnel correctly to the remote miners this little tutorial helped:
http://wiretuts.com/how-to-get-games-to-work-with-hamachi-on-windows-8/
Worked for me.

Now to buy the full version and setup the GPU's  Cool
I will investigate if future versions of the Awesome Miner Remote Service can be used to forward the connections to other miners, like your Antminers, on the same remote network

That would be a great idea, would certainly simplify things Smiley
I dont know Hamachi that well, but im guessing its working for the machines its installed on, as opposed to actually giving you a vpn into your entire network.

Ok just looked it up, Mesh Network only connects together PC's running Hamachi, it doesnt let you see the whole network at each end.
Looking at their site, you need Gateway mode on the computer that has the Antminers on the same network.

The other option is to just do some port forwards in the router to the Antminers, assuming they are IP's of 192.168.0.10, and 192.168.0.11, you could forward say:
Port 5678 to 192.168.0.10:4028
Port 5679 to 192.168.0.11:4028

If you keep the antminer api's in restricted mode, people wont be able to change your miners settings (as once the ports are open, theres no password to stop anyone getting api access)

Thanks for the help. I managed to view the Antminers (after going backwards and forwards many times) using hamachi setup as a gateway. Wouldnt work at first because it would relay tunnel the connection. Hours of googling and youtube fixed this. I set up hamachi, and then my laptop 'looked' like it was on the 192.168.x.x network. I did have troubles connecting still but i  by changed the ip_allow setting in the /etc/config/cgminer folder and that fixed it. Note: that ip_allow 'true' does not work.  It has to be an address.
The issues I had were not related to Awesome miner, more like my inexperience with setting up the other services Smiley

How do I keep the s3's in restricted mode?
legendary
I will investigate if future versions of the Awesome Miner Remote Service can be used to forward the connections to other miners, like your Antminers, on the same remote network
I dont know Hamachi that well, but im guessing its working for the machines its installed on, as opposed to actually giving you a vpn into your entire network.

Ok just looked it up, Mesh Network only connects together PC's running Hamachi, it doesnt let you see the whole network at each end.
Looking at their site, you need Gateway mode on the computer that has the Antminers on the same network.

The other option is to just do some port forwards in the router to the Antminers, assuming they are IP's of 192.168.0.10, and 192.168.0.11, you could forward say:
Port 5678 to 192.168.0.10:4028
Port 5679 to 192.168.0.11:4028

If you keep the antminer api's in restricted mode, people wont be able to change your miners settings (as once the ports are open, theres no password to stop anyone getting api access)
-A dialog box pops up saying I have successfully connected to the Remote Service Agent on GPU RIG #1
-Then nothing
It's good that you can add the Managed Host successfully. When you use the "Test connection" button for the Managed Host, you have verified that you can connect to the remote computer running the Remote Service Agent.

Next step is to add a Managed Miner for the Managed Host. Go to the "Managed Miners" section in the Options dialog and add a new. Select the Host that you just added.

More details about how to create a Managed Miner can be found here.

-I cant see the Antminers or the host on the dashboard of the screen

Im sure I am missing something silly because I am able to connect to the rig but nothing shows up. Apologies for the long winded post but I really want to make this work
The Antminers already have their own Cgminer software running, so for those the concepts like Managed Hosts and Managed Miners cannot be used. Instead, the Antminers should be added as "External Miner". When adding an Antminer as an "External Miner", it's the IP address of the Antminer you should enter.

You can read about how to add an External Miner here.

OKim following now... When hamachi is running I scan for an external mjmer using the local IP of the s3 address which is 193.168.1.99. Yet my remote laptop cannot see it. I am assuming that hamachi should connect my laptop and the rigs to make it look like a local LAN, is this correct?
If I am physically on the same network the s3 shows up. Its just remotely I can't see it.

I have tried the api-listen command in the cgminer config on the s3 and the api-allow 'true' as well but still no beans.

For reference I have hamachi set up as a 'mesh' network. If I try 'gateway' I lose internet connectivity on my laptop (if the laptop acts as the gateway)
legendary
-A dialog box pops up saying I have successfully connected to the Remote Service Agent on GPU RIG #1
-Then nothing
It's good that you can add the Managed Host successfully. When you use the "Test connection" button for the Managed Host, you have verified that you can connect to the remote computer running the Remote Service Agent.

Next step is to add a Managed Miner for the Managed Host. Go to the "Managed Miners" section in the Options dialog and add a new. Select the Host that you just added.

More details about how to create a Managed Miner can be found here.

Im sure I am missing something silly because I am able to connect to the rig but nothing shows up. Apologies for the long winded post but I really want to make this work
The Antminers already have their own Cgminer software running, so for those the concepts like Managed Hosts and Managed Miners cannot be used. Instead, the Antminers should be added as "External Miner". When adding an Antminer as an "External Miner", it's the IP address of the Antminer you should enter.

You can read about how to add an External Miner here.
The Awesome Miner Remote is for controlling CGminer directly, it wont pass on the Antminer S1 data to another PC.

What you need to do, is buy a Pro License of Awesome Miner (to have 2+ devices)

Then you install Awesome Miner Remote on the 2 GPU Rigs, the Antminer S1's only need be added to the Awesome Miner running on the machine you want to monitor it all from.

As you are using Hamachi, you wont need to port forward, so its just a case of running Awesome Miner on your laptop, add the GPU rigs as Managed Miners, and the two S1's as External Miners.
Excellent thanks for the reply. So I have 2 antminers and 1 GPU rigs on one network and 2 antminers a nd 1 gpu rig on another network, I will need to have a separate port configured for each miner (whether it is antminer or GPU) if they are on the same network?
And to change the ports for each miner can be done in the sgminer.conf file (for the GPU rigs) and in the antminer lua interface for the s3?
This way I can manage all my miners from a separate location with the Awesome Miner software?
You don't have to change the port of Cgminer/Sgminer because they all run on separate devices, but if you are using a setup with a router to connect the 2 Antminers and 1 GPU rig to Internet, you need to configure different ports for port forwarding in your router. For example that port 2001 should be routed to Antminer#1 and port 2002 should be routed to Antminer#2.

Setting up all port forwarding might be a bit complex, so looking into a VPN solution instead, like Hamachi, could be a good alternative. Using VPN, you can connect to all remote computers/devices as if they were on your local network.

No matter if you go for the router port forwarding alternative, or the VPN alternative, you can manage all your miners from a single location with Awesome Miner.

So I ended up going the Hamachi route... I will explain the steps I have done as clearly as I can Smiley
-I have setup a mesh network connecting all of my GPU rigs and my remote laptop (that I will be using for the 'hub')
-GPU RIG #1 is on the same network as 2 Antminers
-I have installed Awesome Miner Installer and Remote Service Agent onto GPU RIG #1
-I have installed Awesome Miner Installer onto my Laptop
-I have only setup the 2 Antminers in the Awesome Software on GPU RIG#1 (so the software only sees the antminers and no GPUs) due to the 2 miner temporary restriction on the software.
-I want to remotely view the rig in the awesome miner software from my laptop
-I go to Options-Managed Host-Add New to add a new host on the laptop (is this correct?)
-I type in the IP that Hamachi has given me
-Then nothing

Thanks for your help
Jump to: