Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 27, 2012, 11:22:36 PM
I found this interesting.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
March 27, 2012, 10:34:28 PM
People can see all open motions they can vote on by clicking the motions link at the top of glbse.
I am assuming this response was directed at me.  I understand this, and it is certainly how Mushoz saw the fake motion.  My point was that faking a motion probably didn't add much notification value, as users are probably more likely to check the forum thread for updates than they are to check for motions (especially since the forum threads should indicate when there are motions).

Good point, I'll add a motions notification tag, in the same way that mail works.
Activity: 807
March 27, 2012, 01:38:50 PM
People can see all open motions they can vote on by clicking the motions link at the top of glbse.
I am assuming this response was directed at me.  I understand this, and it is certainly how Mushoz saw the fake motion.  My point was that faking a motion probably didn't add much notification value, as users are probably more likely to check the forum thread for updates than they are to check for motions (especially since the forum threads should indicate when there are motions).
March 27, 2012, 12:53:56 PM
March 26, 2012, 08:41:26 PM
There is not vote, I used the vote as a way to send you guys a messaging letting you know the rates would drop.
I don't think there is a notification system for motions, so I'm not sure that is more effective than updating the OP and adding and update to the end of the thread.  That said, I notice that GLBSE 2.0 has a mail system.  Can you send a message to all shareholders through that?  I don't know if it would be more effective (I don't know if there is notification or visual indication of new messages), but it would be the most logical place to communicate with shareholders (outside of this thread).
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
March 26, 2012, 06:44:20 PM
What are we voting on? It says I should check the forums, but I'm not finding anything specific. Help?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
March 26, 2012, 06:07:02 PM
and will be bought back at any time at .1 BTC.

Where did all the buy orders go!?

buy orders have to be funded now (visible in portfolio / btc account as bitcoins blocked).
buy/sell orders did not migrate from 1.0 to new version, please create them from scratch

I think vuce is asking where is Goat's 0.100 orders like he would buy them back in the OP.  With the migration to 2.0, whenever someone tries to make a buy order part of their BTC funds will be reserved.  So if Goat allows someone to purchase back shares at 0.100 all the time, he has to keep that amount of BTC in reserve.  Thus, the BTC he is borrowing would not be able to be used from.

I had a few hundred orders for 0.1 but canceled the order as I wanted to use the funds for something else.  I wish there was a way to put in multiple orders and then GLBSE would cancel them when the funds available fell below a certain amount.  The volume on GLBSE 2.0 is lower than 1.0 because of this.  There were a lot of phantom orders but I think the measures now are too drastic.

ah yes, haven't thought of that. Makes sense.
Activity: 532
March 26, 2012, 06:02:30 PM

buy orders have to be funded now (visible in portfolio / btc account as bitcoins blocked).
buy/sell orders did not migrate from 1.0 to new version, please create them from scratch

I think vuce is asking where is Goat's 0.100 orders like he would buy them back in the OP.  With the migration to 2.0, whenever someone tries to make a buy order part of their BTC funds will be reserved.  So if Goat allows someone to purchase back shares at 0.100 all the time, he has to keep that amount of BTC in reserve.  Thus, the BTC he is borrowing would not be able to be used from.

I had a few hundred orders for 0.1 but canceled the order as I wanted to use the funds for something else.  I wish there was a way to put in multiple orders and then GLBSE would cancel them when the funds available fell below a certain amount.  The volume on GLBSE 2.0 is lower than 1.0 because of this.  There were a lot of phantom orders but I think the measures now are too drastic.
March 26, 2012, 04:37:43 PM
I agree with 2 weeks notice being reasonable.  I also find it preferrable.  If someone buys at .103 after that 2nd weekly dividend, they clearly weren't doing their research (even the thread title already indicates the change).

Assuming no one buys by then I will lower it to .1025   However only 853 are left. It seems I should lower rates again:(    (or sell more bonds)

Just a fair warning April 10th odds are will have a lower rate than 2.5%

Hi Goat,

please don't get me wrong here. I feel that you acted always fair to your shareholders, adjusting the dividend rate is perfectly fine!

Please forget my proposal, i really think we are fine here.

Sidenote: Just bought another 1.2k shares because i really like you Cheesy But if buying more shares of TyGrr-Bank means lower rates again, it seems kind of paradox for me ^^

Cheers!

True, I need to take this into account as I know you hold a lot. How much do you currently hold? Thanks.

About 7k shares Cheesy I can contact you via irc before my next investment if that helps Smiley

I hope that does not lead to asymmetrical information.
Activity: 476
March 26, 2012, 03:02:19 PM

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
March 26, 2012, 11:10:35 AM
I agree with 2 weeks notice being reasonable.  I also find it preferrable.  If someone buys at .103 after that 2nd weekly dividend, they clearly weren't doing their research (even the thread title already indicates the change).

Assuming no one buys by then I will lower it to .1025   However only 853 are left. It seems I should lower rates again:(    (or sell more bonds)

Hi Goat,

please don't get me wrong here. I feel that you acted always fair to your shareholders, adjusting the dividend rate is perfectly fine!

Sidenote: Just bought another 1.2k shares because i really like you Cheesy But if buying more shares of TyGrr-Bank means lower rates again, it seems kind of paradox for me ^^

Cheers!

True, I need to take this into account as I know you hold a lot. How much do you currently hold? Thanks.

About 7k shares Cheesy I can contact you via irc before my next investment if that helps Smiley
March 26, 2012, 11:01:50 AM

Hi Goat,

Cheers!
Activity: 388
March 26, 2012, 10:56:18 AM
Update the OP with any changes like dropping the rate and the date that it will be put in place, once the final decision is made.
March 26, 2012, 10:52:31 AM
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
March 26, 2012, 10:45:29 AM
[[/quote]
What do other shareholders think about?
[/quote]

I am fine with what Goat is proposing. He has been open with all of his communication. If anyone is upside down when the rate lowers it is because they were speculating.
March 26, 2012, 10:22:42 AM
I will be selling a 2000 more bonds and lowering the payment to 2.5% on April 3rd. This means that the dividends on March 27th and April 3rd will be at 3% but after that it will be 2.5% until I change it (odds are lower it)
Does this mean the 2000 bnew onds will be listed on April 3rd, or at same point before then?  Also, will they be sold for .103 or 1.025, and will the lowering rate affect buyback price when the time comes?

1988 are for sale now at .103

When I buy back, I will just buy back the bond at .1 plus whatever that weeks interest is. So if I buy back April 4th it will be .1025

Thanks.

If the interest and buy back rate is lowred, it should be considered to compensate the loss of those shareholder, who bought at 0.103 because they can't sell their shares for 0.103 back.

In this case this could be easily done in paying 3.5% into the upcomming dividend.

It could be done even the other way around, if Goat deceides to raise dividend and buy back rate anytime in the future in lowering the last dividend payout before raising the dividend rate.

What do other shareholders think about?
March 26, 2012, 08:44:07 AM
I will be selling a 2000 more bonds and lowering the payment to 2.5% on April 3rd. This means that the dividends on March 27th and April 3rd will be at 3% but after that it will be 2.5% until I change it (odds are lower it)
Does this mean the 2000 bnew onds will be listed on April 3rd, or at same point before then?  Also, will they be sold for .103 or 1.025, and will the lowering rate affect buyback price when the time comes?
March 25, 2012, 10:32:15 PM
Well a warning, don't speculate too much on this. If the price start going way up it will be very clear the market wants me to lower rates. :/

Just sold 100 TyGrr-Bank for 0.11 BTC/share. I think the market wants you to lower interest rates. What's your treshold?

Okay, it looks like I will be lowering rates a bit and selling more shares. However my assets and BTC did not move over to GLBSE 2.0 so I'm going to have to wait on that. I will make a post tomorrow. I still need to hear back from a few potential investors.

I really wish I could make a bond denominated in US Dollars for me newest project Sad

This is fixed.
March 25, 2012, 10:09:51 PM
Are you going to honor the 3% dividend for the upcoming dividend on Tuesday?

he wrote elsewhere he'll be giving 1 week notice (in advance) for dividend changes.
this week's announced change is 'no change' from previous week ; )
my best guess

Oh yes, I forgot about that.
March 25, 2012, 09:29:50 PM
Well a warning, don't speculate too much on this. If the price start going way up it will be very clear the market wants me to lower rates. :/

Just sold 100 TyGrr-Bank for 0.11 BTC/share. I think the market wants you to lower interest rates. What's your treshold?

Damn, GLBSE screwed up my sell order.  I was selling about the same amount for less than you but the order vanished.  Embarrassed

Okay, it looks like I will be lowering rates a bit and selling more shares. However my assets and BTC did not move over to GLBSE 2.0 so I'm going to have to wait on that. I will make a post tomorrow. I still need to hear back from a few potential investors.

Are you going to honor the 3% dividend for the upcoming dividend on Tuesday?
Pages:
Jump to: