Pages:
Author

Topic: B - page 4. (Read 21961 times)

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
April 18, 2012, 10:08:40 AM
It is interesting that the price is now moving higher still (currently 0.106). I guess the long term prospect of the dividend is worth it? Selling at a premium of 2.5 dividend payments.

Phil
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
April 16, 2012, 01:29:45 PM
yeah, the after market value is huge. i priced these way too low Sad
If you priced them higher, it wouldn't have been borrowing money anymore unless half of the borrowed amount on each bond was 0% and there was a guaranteed timeframe before payoff was an option (to pay off cthe 0% half), and then you'd still be effectively offering a lower interest rate, so I think the problem is you offered too much interest, not priced them wrong (other than the agument at the beginning that you may have reversed the sell and payoff amounts around during the IPO).

How'd we suddenly jump to 50k shares issued?
The same way the contract says "test" (it was always that way before this was a bond).  I am pretty certain this was mentioned very early in the thread.  That said, to answer the question you meant to ask (which was likely already answered as well), just because there are 50K issues doesn't mean they were all sold, you can see from the dividend payouts how many are currently in circulation.
Activity: 532
April 16, 2012, 01:26:30 PM
It seems to cycle like this every week.  At the beginning of the week the buy in price is really high and people take their 2.5% payment.  Then the buy in price drops to about 0.1025 for a few days then goes down to 0.1.  Then the price shoots up before dividend payment and the cycle starts anew.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
April 16, 2012, 12:30:17 PM
Volume is since IPO I believe...
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
April 16, 2012, 12:24:12 PM
How'd we suddenly jump to 50k shares issued? 

And can the Vol฿ be so high?  It looks like many times the issued shares are trading hands.  What time period does Vol฿ cover?
Activity: 518
April 15, 2012, 10:30:36 PM
Is there any particular reason this is trading so high at the moment? Am I missing something?

There is a huge bid wall at .104 and I really do not know why other than they want in big for the long term.

Okay. Just wondering whether rates had increased or something.
April 15, 2012, 09:00:15 PM
Is there any particular reason this is trading so high at the moment? Am I missing something?
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
April 15, 2012, 03:08:50 PM
Goat, have you put in an order to purchase 12k+ shares at .104?

Phil
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
April 11, 2012, 10:04:48 AM
FPS&T -- too big to fail  Cheesy

Sorry - couldn't resist...
Activity: 388
April 11, 2012, 06:51:48 AM
If you want to offer a higher unsecured rate that is a direct passthrough to Pirate, then you should create another asset. I'm fairly certain there there would be a lot of interest for those people that don't have a better line for investing with that type of account. You should leave this current asset the way it is now: secured by Goat.
April 11, 2012, 05:58:32 AM
I think anyone investing in TyGrr-Bank should read every post in this tread before making an investment decision.
But you should know people are stupid and clearly don't do that, and you provided an answer to a question that was posted (the posting of a question that has already been answered implies the thread wasn't read) without providing context or warning that they need to read the whole thread to understand that post completely.  So your behavior only serves to get at least one more person pissed off at goat down the road for no good reason.  If you invest with him, you shouldn't want that, and shold have made your point (RTFT) without risking additional damage of public trust to your investments (something like "that has already been answered, read the thread" would have sufficed and I wouldn't have responded to it), if you don't, then my post is still exactly what Goat's should have been after a misleading post by a non-investor.
April 11, 2012, 05:35:36 AM
What would happen with all the GLBSE shares when you decide to leave it? Will you buy them all back at 0.1?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/b-67818
Thanks.
I'm not sure we will leave GLBSE 100% but we will give people other options once we are set up. Also Your bonds will not become worthless if we leave GLBSE do not worry about that! The link above shows what will happen. Thanks.
But right now the buyback would be .1025 instead of .103, right?  I know this, but people following that link without context could be confuse and upset later on...

I think anyone investing in TyGrr-Bank should read every post in this tread before making an investment decision.
April 11, 2012, 05:32:02 AM
What would happen with all the GLBSE shares when you decide to leave it? Will you buy them all back at 0.1?
Thanks.
I'm not sure we will leave GLBSE 100% but we will give people other options once we are set up. Also Your bonds will not become worthless if we leave GLBSE do not worry about that! The link above shows what will happen. Thanks.
But right now the buyback would be .1025 instead of .103, right?  I know this, but people following that link without context could be confuse and upset later on...
April 11, 2012, 02:34:47 AM

Thanks.

I don't worry about the payback I worry about the uncertainty.  As you can see in the TyGrr-Bank graph during last weeks thing, people got nervous from the uncertainty.
donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
April 11, 2012, 02:18:58 AM

Thanks.
April 11, 2012, 02:17:28 AM

donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
April 11, 2012, 02:14:47 AM
April 11, 2012, 02:04:28 AM
I am worried about the build up of systemic risk. If BS&T (pirate) goes down, it would now take a large portion of the bitcoin community with it. It is unclear how big this is, but I think the effect would be significant!

For disclosure, I have coins with pirate. I want my other investments to offer diversification. If I wanted to increase my exposure with pirate I would, but I like to manage my risk, and hence would not invest in other sub-lending offers of pirate without a guarantee.
Activity: 462
April 11, 2012, 02:01:42 AM
I talked to the CEO of Bitcoin Savings and Trust a while ago and he says it is now okay for members to sub lend/borrow. This means I am now able to send BTC to pirates bank and thus able to pay a much higher rate than 2.5% a week. However if I were to do this the risk would be passed on to the investors. Right now if Bitcoin Savings and Trust goes down for what ever reason, do not worry because your coin is back up in real assets I have. However if I were to say move rates to 4% or something a week and get 5,000 BTC in there is no way I could cover that.

So before I hold a motion I would like your thoughts. Raise rates and increase risk, or leave it how it is now?

Also if I moved up rates significantly higher would there be a large inflow of coin? Just trying to see how the wind is blowing.

Thanks, Chaang-Noi

U NO split bonds?

2.5 you vs public at tygrr-bank
4.0 you vs public at other-asset

i mean i love the fact that you cover the eventual loss now and the higher interest won't convince me, no matter otc rating of pirate
and as i wrote even 1% weekly relatively risk free is better than high risk lending venture
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
April 11, 2012, 01:59:51 AM
I talked to the CEO of Bitcoin Savings and Trust a while ago and he says it is now okay for members to sub lend/borrow. This means I am now able to send BTC to pirates bank and thus able to pay a much higher rate than 2.5% a week. However if I were to do this the risk would be passed on to the investors. Right now if Bitcoin Savings and Trust goes down for what ever reason, do not worry because your coin is back up in real assets I have. However if I were to say move rates to 4% or something a week and get 5,000 BTC in there is no way I could cover that.

So before I hold a motion I would like your thoughts. Raise rates and increase risk, or leave it how it is now?

Also if I moved up rates significantly higher would there be a large inflow of coin? Just trying to see how the wind is blowing.

Thanks, Chaang-Noi
I'd prefer not. I have someone be a middleman for me on Pirate accounts (without insurance) @ 28%/month (very possibly increasing to 30% soon). For insured deposits, 15%/month. You'd be paying ~17-18% factoring in compound interest without insuring the coins.
Pages:
Jump to: