Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL - 5 STAR PRODUCT 1 STAR SERVICE - BAD BUSINESS PRACTISE - page 12. (Read 17129 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

I had one lost for 30 days to knc in 2013. KNC said dollars only. The bank said it would send dollars, but they had a bot that auto converted to local currency if they could make
a couple bucks. Thus the transaction was stuck. Bank said it was sent in $$$ (not knowing about their own bot) KNC said they did not get it (due to their bot stopping it for
not being usd) . Anyway was a complete cluster. Use a commercial bank that is used to doing wire xfers is my advice. Stuff like this happens with a regular bank all the time I hear.
Just for the fact wire transfer 'supposedly' is rare on non commercial regular banks it seems. (or so I was told)

Anyway, something to ask your bank if they converted it to a local currency .and because of such you are a few bucks short in the conversion Smiley

Anyway....something you can ask I guess ..just in case

That sucks. I get wires in Thailand denominated in US dollars and the Thai bank just converts it to Thai baht at that hour's rate, deducts a fee, and deposits the rest into my account. I did have an issue once with a Chinese company I was doing business with. They told me to send X amount of dollars (over $20,000) and I sent the exact amount. Of course, they received it minus the SWIFT fees (that is normal). They wanted me to send them another $17 to cover the fees. I told them my bank would charge me more than that amount to send the wire (would have cost me over double) so I was not going to do that. Told them you know wires haves receiving fees and if you wanted me to pay it you should have added it to the total you asked me to send. I was persistent. In the end, they gave up and shipped the goods. This was many years ago but doing business with companies in China is often a challenge.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
So, has anyone that did wire transfer got payment confirmation yet from Baikal?

I did my wire transfer online and provided receipts of the wire and confirmation of the wire that was made on 4-28-2016.

My bank tells me that the wire I did is same day international wire transfer and the transfer status is complete. Since the wire was done with SWIFT code, my bank tells me that they should receive the funds within 1-2 days.

I keep asking Baikal for confirmation/updates, but Baikal keeps saying "We will let you know once we get the payment" or "Please send us your bank slip for our confirmation".

I keep providing the confirmation to them, but it gets nowhere. I know they are receiving my attachments, because they are responding to that email saying, "We will let you know once we get the payment".

The frustration of the process continues...

Also, for people that have experience with international wire transfers, how long does it usually take for the recipient to receive funds into their bank with SWIFT code? I heard it's just usually 1 day?

I had one lost for 30 days to knc in 2013. KNC said dollars only. The bank said it would send dollars, but they had a bot that auto converted to local currency if they could make
a couple bucks. Thus the transaction was stuck. Bank said it was sent in $$$ (not knowing about their own bot) KNC said they did not get it (due to their bot stopping it for
not being usd) . Anyway was a complete cluster. Use a commercial bank that is used to doing wire xfers is my advice. Stuff like this happens with a regular bank all the time I hear.
Just for the fact wire transfer 'supposedly' is rare on non commercial regular banks it seems. (or so I was told)

Anyway, something to ask your bank if they converted it to a local currency .and because of such you are a few bucks short in the conversion Smiley

Anyway....something you can ask I guess ..just in case
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

I did my wire transfer online and provided receipts of the wire and confirmation of the wire that was made on 4-28-2016.

My bank tells me that the wire I did is same day international wire transfer and the transfer status is complete. Since the wire was done with SWIFT code, my bank tells me that they should receive the funds within 1-2 days.

I keep asking Baikal for confirmation/updates, but Baikal keeps saying "We will let you know once we get the payment" or "Please send us your bank slip for our confirmation".

I keep providing the confirmation to them, but it gets nowhere. I know they are receiving my attachments, because they are responding to that email saying, "We will let you know once we get the payment".

Also, for people that have experience with international wire transfers, how long does it usually take for the recipient to receive funds into their bank with SWIFT code? I heard it's just usually 1 day?

It depends on whether the bank the wire is going to is a major bank or a smaller banks. SWIFT wires can go through a number of banks (each one taking some money) before it gets to the destination bank. If a larger bank and they have a corresponding account with the sending bank it will usually take one day (sometimes two) for the credit to appear in the recipient's account. Smaller banks (without an account with the sending bank) go through the larger banks to get paid. This can take an extra day or two. At max three days, usually one or two days. Also, remember there are time differences that can affect delivery speed.
Activity: 544
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001
Hi, so Baikal made pre order system for new batch? sure? Someone that has buy in pre order has received the miner batch two?

Cheers W_M
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
I got the payment address the evening before, but the gmt+8 made the deadline happen in the middle of the night before payment was sent in the AM. So, only a few hours to send payment and the banks were closed till the next day, so payment was late.
Activity: 544
Merit: 250
Still waiting for skype reply to Friday question...
I didnt find out about the deadline untill after i sent wire transfer, but that was after deadline, so is my order still good or if not how do i get my money back?

Not sure how it works, but if they have 100 units, and all 100 are sold, and you sent payment at 101 units, that 1 unit isn't coming straight out of the air, most likely if they are already all sold out, hopefully they give you a refund. That's the thing about wire transfers, hard to reverse it unless they initiate it.

They did say this previously:

"Now, pre-order of Cube and quad-cube is OVER now. Quotations that unable to pay before 10:00pm April(GMT+8) is VALID, please do not continue the payment if you have't complete the order now yet. Thank you for your kind understanding."
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Still waiting for skype reply to Friday question...
I didnt find out about the deadline untill after i sent wire transfer, but that was after deadline, so is my order still good or if not how do i get my money back?
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Yep, that's exactly what I got about 30 seconds ago via skype.  They did also direct me to e-mail as the way to settle order now, instead of skype as I have done before.  So, we wait for the next batch.

They actually responsed quite quickly.

Code:
Hi,

Thank you very much for your support on baikal.

Sorry to tell you that this batch of cube and quad-cube miners were sold out again, and we have no idea when the next batch will arrive now.

Please wait patiently and we will share you with the news about the new stock as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Baikal
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
They actually responsed quite quickly.

Code:
Hi,

Thank you very much for your support on baikal.

Sorry to tell you that this batch of cube and quad-cube miners were sold out again, and we have no idea when the next batch will arrive now.

Please wait patiently and we will share you with the news about the new stock as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Baikal
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
I never paid them, or the scammer, as I wanted at a minimum email verification from their known email [email protected]. I was waiting on that to send payment of a skype order request
Are you saying you paid them and they didn't send the units?  Did they refund?  This would actually be concerning; unless you never actually paid them, which would then make sense that you never got anything from them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1897027.0;topicseen

It looks like they will be out of business soon, and quite honestly I'm looking forward to it what a nightmare it was trying for weeks to order with them, to no avail.

Lets be honest here.
 Its a nightmare not able to place an order? seriously?
  a nightmare, to the point of them needing to go out of business?
Yes, Like you ive been trying for week to get information/miners. Yes we,i,you are missing out.
 But wouldnt consider it a nightmare. jesus.
That aside.

Has anyone had any recent contact, news to report?

I have sent over 20 emails, 40+ skype messages, fumbled through their website, had a fake baikal account try to scam me, been promised units on multiple occasions, given payment addresses and pursued order confirmation and validity only to be told they're unavailable if I even receive a response. I'm not being dramatic, I consider my dealings with them a nightmare.
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

It looks like they will be out of business soon, and quite honestly I'm looking forward to it what a nightmare it was trying for weeks to order with them, to no avail.

Lets be honest here.
Yes, Like you ive been trying for week to get information/miners. Yes we,i,you are missing out.
That aside.

I have sent over 20 emails, 40+ skype messages, fumbled through their website, had a fake baikal account try to scam me, been promised units on multiple occasions, given payment addresses and pursued order confirmation and validity only to be told they're unavailable if I even receive a response. I'm not being dramatic, I consider my dealings with them a nightmare.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

Lets be honest here.
That aside.

I've yet to see any evidence that they have done anything to screw anyone over.  They are out of stock and stated as much.  As far as I know, they have never taken money and not delivered.  When they had stock and received money, they have shipped reliably and quickly.  And they have been more open than they have to be to when asked about inventory and upcoming products.  The only issue I have really seen is with people claiming to be in negotiations with them, and then most people simply buying directly from Baikal instead.  Then the negotiator is upset that they weren't able to get anything.  Show me an instance where Baikal promised an allotment to someone, then failed to deliver on that.  I haven't see it.

Every time I saw a so called group buy posted here, I simply went to Baikal and made the purchase directly without any issue, when the inventory was available.  If a so called group buy is organized by a third party without any contractual agreements with the vendor, then the group buy really didn't exist in the first place and the vendor has no obligation to set anything aside for them.  Especially when they have enough orders to clear inventory without it.

Seems like a lot of smoke and no actual fire.

I've made three separate orders from baikal through their Skype account over the last six months and have had no issues with them.  When they had inventory to sell, they were prompt and shipped within 24 hours.  When they were out of stock, they stated as such.

They make a stellar product that is in extreme demand, and as expected are probably sold out again.  They probably had offers from plenty of people wanting their entire inventory, people with a lot deeper pockets than most of us.  The fact that they shipped to even a few in the community here is nice to see.  They didn't have to really.  I can understand people being frustrated when they sell out, but there really is nothing that can be done, so why spend energy on it?  They could continue to sell out their inventories without anyone here buying a single one, so why should they care?  In fact, they probably do care, but really, who has time to coddle a bunch of people when they have money to make?

Why would they care? Because one day they will not be the king of the block, competitors will rise. Just because they sell out does not mean they should not work on their customer service or business communication.
That post has nothing to do with Baikal so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I've made three separate orders from baikal through their Skype account over the last six months and have had no issues with them.  When they had inventory to sell, they were prompt and shipped within 24 hours.  When they were out of stock, they stated as such.

They make a stellar product that is in extreme demand, and as expected are probably sold out again.  They probably had offers from plenty of people wanting their entire inventory, people with a lot deeper pockets than most of us.  The fact that they shipped to even a few in the community here is nice to see.  They didn't have to really.  I can understand people being frustrated when they sell out, but there really is nothing that can be done, so why spend energy on it?  They could continue to sell out their inventories without anyone here buying a single one, so why should they care?  In fact, they probably do care, but really, who has time to coddle a bunch of people when they have money to make?

Why would they care? Because one day they will not be the king of the block, competitors will rise. Just because they sell out does not mean they should not work on their customer service or business communication.

Pages:
Jump to: