Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant-B - page 18. (Read 40620 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
January 29, 2018, 04:00:21 PM
whats the best coin to mine on these atm?

You all think its worth it to buy into these at 7k? def a hefty price . . but if the returns are there why not? xD
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 12:02:59 PM
Hey i saw it was in stock, so i emailed them, this is their reply;

Hi,

Thank you for your contacting.

Giant-B sale(shipping charge not included)

1). Price at 7000usd/pc

Delivery at End of Feb.

Giant X10 sale (shipping charge not included)

1). Price at 7000usd/pc    

Delivery within 5 working days after receiving payment

Sale item:

Payment:  USD dollar Only

Minimum order quantity: 6 units (MOQ for each type)

Power supply is not included, so you have to get it by yourself.

Shipping will be DHL/UPS. Waybill could be provided once we sent the miner from email.

Please let me know which product you are interest.

Best regards.

Baikal miner

---

So TLDR, i hope you were sitting on 42k USD in your bank account ready to be wired.

A bit weird, we have paid for 6 units of X10-they have set the shipping date as end of February.
"b) When our goods will be shipped?

end of  Feb "

Activity: 6
January 29, 2018, 07:28:31 AM
I got the same email. We can set up a group buy? But I’m sure it has to be asap before they sell out. I can set it up for 8500 a unit? You can pay with credit card. I used stripe for online payments and square also.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
January 29, 2018, 02:34:12 AM
Hey i saw it was in stock, so i emailed them, this is their reply;

Hi,

Thank you for your contacting.

Giant-B sale(shipping charge not included)

1). Price at 7000usd/pc

Delivery at End of Feb.

Giant X10 sale (shipping charge not included)

1). Price at 7000usd/pc    

Delivery within 5 working days after receiving payment

Sale item:

Payment:  USD dollar Only

Minimum order quantity: 6 units (MOQ for each type)

Power supply is not included, so you have to get it by yourself.

Shipping will be DHL/UPS. Waybill could be provided once we sent the miner from email.

Please let me know which product you are interest.

Best regards.

Baikal miner

---

So TLDR, i hope you were sitting on 42k USD in your bank account ready to be wired.
Activity: 1
January 29, 2018, 12:14:40 AM
I wouldn't be paying 10k now for one of these. Especially with end of Feb delivery. Profitability has dropped and the usual first come get the goods and rewards. Nethash is increasing daily on all the coins this miner does.

Maybe I would pay 3k at most any more and you have a really long ROI
I’m a dumbass I paid 17,300
Activity: 2
January 27, 2018, 11:51:25 PM
Just received my Giant B on Friday.  After plugging it in and pointing it to nicehash it's not working.  The red lights show up but no blue lights.  It connects to the pools but doesn't do any work.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Has anyone solved this problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update:  Fixed the problem.  The support staff at asicminermarket.com sent me the following instructions:

anyone having troubles with their Giant X10 or B, could you try logging into it (default user:pass is baikal:baikal) and running this command:

Code:
lsusb | grep 0483

This command will list the USB devices attached to the OrangePi and then filter those results to only show lines with "0483" (STMicroelectronics' USB vendor ID). The expected result is this (where things should be working properly):

Code:
Bus 007 Device 003: ID 0483:5740 STMicroelectronics STM32F407

But if you get this:

Code:
Bus 007 Device 002: ID 0483:df11 STMicroelectronics STM Device in DFU Mode

Then the STM32 microcontroller may need to be reset (it is stuck in firmware download mode). If this is the case, issue these two commands:

Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA10/data
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio_sw/PA10/data

The first command sets the PA10 pin to 0 (off) on the OrangePi, which is connected to the STM32's reset pin, which in turn holds it in a reset state (it needs to be at 0v to reset). The second command de-asserts (sets to 1 in this case) the reset pin allowing the STM32 to begin normal operations. These steps fixed the issue with a Giant X10 I looked at. These commands may need to be run again after reboot, so you may want to write a script in your favorite language to do this at boot or to do a periodic check.

If you get "permission denied" (or something like that, I don't remember the exact message ATM) when trying those commands, try this first:

Code:
su
(then type "baikal" again for the password to elevate your terminal to root level)
Or simply log in as root:baikal instead.

Worked for me and I hope it helps other.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
January 27, 2018, 09:40:36 AM
Anybody received this?

Activity: 58
January 25, 2018, 06:23:17 AM
general question - is it worth to buy Baikal B now with start of mining next week?

It really depends on what you pay for it now... imo if you paid more than $5k, then it's probably not worth it.

$12K
so f*k it
Activity: 42
January 25, 2018, 04:19:06 AM
general question - is it worth to buy Baikal B now with start of mining next week?

It really depends on what you pay for it now... imo if you paid more than $5k, then it's probably not worth it.
Activity: 56
January 25, 2018, 03:51:36 AM
With an roi of 200 days?
I my opinion not.
January 25, 2018, 03:27:12 AM
Activity: 19
January 25, 2018, 02:46:43 AM
I could really use some help on Zpool, the time to block is still high for LBRY but the pay rate is really good.
Pick a coin you want (or LBRY) and mine using the LBRY algo.

http://www.zpool.ca/

*I'm a miner who really wants a particular alt on Zpool and 20 hour time to block is killer.

Any Baikal B miners currently mining LBRY, there is a pool that has a 0% fee it's http://lbrypool.com

It's currently a community pool and has been hitting above average blocks too.

"I'm a miner who really wants a particular alt".

That's why I left lbrypool for Zpool.
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
January 25, 2018, 02:19:50 AM
I could really use some help on Zpool, the time to block is still high for LBRY but the pay rate is really good.

*I'm a miner who really wants a particular alt on Zpool and 20 hour time to block is killer.

Any Baikal B miners currently mining LBRY, there is a pool that has a 0% fee it's http://lbrypool.com

It's currently a community pool and has been hitting above average blocks too.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Future of Global Copyright Registration
January 25, 2018, 02:19:32 AM
I see that some of the people here got their baikal-B already, Can I know why can you get it so fast and when is your order?

I think mine ordered before Christmas and I have not yet receive anything regarding the shipping and tracking info. I ordered directly from baikal.

The profitability of baikal-b is dropping day by day. I really hope that I can get mine soon and start mining. 
Activity: 19
January 25, 2018, 01:44:34 AM

Activity: 544
Merit: 250
January 25, 2018, 12:44:39 AM
I got this new bank info too. checked again with thier skype guys. responsed it is their new bank account.

even I got confirmed from both skype and skype, still a bit of worried, and then I found seariver industril limited have same address with there main company baikal holdings limited(I guess this one is main) so I have sent the money yesterday.  I will updte you if they confirmed my money later.

Ouch, You paid their premium price of $7000 each and MOQ of 6? Or did they go lower?
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
January 25, 2018, 12:12:49 AM
they send this bank account yesterday to me:

Account number: 366-902-966-5
Beneficiary: SEARIVER INDUSTRIAL LIMITED
Address: Room 2105, Trend Centre, 29-31 Cheung Lee Street, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
Bank Details:
Bank Name: United Overseas Bank Limited
Branch Name: UOB Tampines
Branch Address:1 Tampines Central 1, UOB Tampines Centre, Singapore 529539
Bank Code: 7375
Swift Code: UOVBSGSG
Branch Code: 038

There seems to be a few differences....

Is the account the right one?

My payment was: B (company purchase)

I got this new bank info too. checked again with thier skype guys. responsed it is their new bank account.

even I got confirmed from both skype and skype, still a bit of worried, and then I found seariver industril limited have same address with there main company baikal holdings limited(I guess this one is main) so I have sent the money yesterday.  I will updte you if they confirmed my money later.

January 24, 2018, 11:05:29 PM
Sorry,  280 a day.

But yes, we can mine vcash.
At pool setup at the miner page , use the pool at the bottom of page.
That is the vcash.
now whattomine shows 418$/day with 160 G/h (Blake256r8)... am i wrong in this calcs?
Activity: 7
January 24, 2018, 02:39:53 PM
they send this bank account yesterday to me:

Account number: 366-902-966-5
Beneficiary: SEARIVER INDUSTRIAL LIMITED
Address: Room 2105, Trend Centre, 29-31 Cheung Lee Street, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
Bank Details:
Bank Name: United Overseas Bank Limited
Branch Name: UOB Tampines
Branch Address:1 Tampines Central 1, UOB Tampines Centre, Singapore 529539
Bank Code: 7375