Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant-B - page 22. (Read 40620 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
January 18, 2018, 11:16:39 AM
Who want a Pool with Who want a Pool with Proportional (Prop) - The block reward is distributed among miners in proportion to the number of shares they submitted in a round. The expected reward per share depends on the number of shares already submitted in the round.

For LBRY as SuperNova does not pay well, SuperNova is paying 30% less to us...

If there is interest of 20 Giant B machines than i can ask a friend to build a pool where there would be no tricks of PPLNS

Seems you don't understand how PPLNS works Smiley

PPLNS actually pays MORE than Prop - Prop is exploitable by pool hoppers/Nicehash - thats the reason the pool actually IS running in PPLNS.

In a Prop Pool a user with for example Nicehash can push a lof of shares until the round reaches 30-35% and then hopps out - if the block has been found within this time, he'll get the biggest part of that block because he submitted super-many shares during that time, all the regular miners will get underpaid.

In PPLNS, the pool looks over the last 10 rounds (lucky and unlucky rounds) and pays for those shares, so the pool hopper, which will have LESS shares during 10 rounds than regular miners will actually be paid LESS here.

And please.. Those idiotic "SuperNova pays 100% less" etc. Stop it.. It's just ridicolous.

I can still open a Prop Pool next to the PPLNS pool for free, however, PPLNS is the best available payout method.

Whats your explanation for 30% less payout by Supernova?

If PPLNS is so good should give something around about the Est rewards but not that much big difference of 30%

It's not possible, what proof have you got ? You can forget the estimates as the difficulty is increasing hour by hour since the miners are coming online.

Read here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-is-pool-hopping-a-problem-if-you-use-a-proportional-pool-read-this-24966

Proof is i am mining there and doing daily monitoring but it always pay 30% lesser, i understand calculators are not always 100% correct but they are not that incorrect , so how you justify 30% less payouts?

They ARE that incorrect.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
January 18, 2018, 11:14:51 AM
Who want a Pool with Who want a Pool with Proportional (Prop) - The block reward is distributed among miners in proportion to the number of shares they submitted in a round. The expected reward per share depends on the number of shares already submitted in the round.

If there is interest of 20 Giant B machines than i can ask a friend to build a pool where there would be no tricks of PPLNS

PPLNS actually pays MORE than Prop - Prop is exploitable by pool hoppers/Nicehash - thats the reason the pool actually IS running in PPLNS.

In a Prop Pool a user with for example Nicehash can push a lof of shares until the round reaches 30-35% and then hopps out - if the block has been found within this time, he'll get the biggest part of that block because he submitted super-many shares during that time, all the regular miners will get underpaid.

In PPLNS, the pool looks over the last 10 rounds (lucky and unlucky rounds) and pays for those shares, so the pool hopper, which will have LESS shares during 10 rounds than regular miners will actually be paid LESS here.

And please.. Those idiotic "SuperNova pays 100% less" etc. Stop it.. It's just ridicolous.

I can still open a Prop Pool next to the PPLNS pool for free, however, PPLNS is the best available payout method.

If PPLNS is so good should give something around about the Est rewards but not that much big difference of 30%

It's not possible, what proof have you got ? You can forget the estimates as the difficulty is increasing hour by hour since the miners are coming online.

Read here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-is-pool-hopping-a-problem-if-you-use-a-proportional-pool-read-this-24966

Proof is i am mining there and doing daily monitoring but it always pay 30% lesser, i understand calculators are not always 100% correct but they are not that incorrect , so how you justify 30% less payouts?
legendary
January 18, 2018, 11:12:34 AM

Read here:

January 18, 2018, 11:12:05 AM

legendary
January 18, 2018, 11:08:46 AM

Read here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-is-pool-hopping-a-problem-if-you-use-a-proportional-pool-read-this-24966

Activity: 126
Merit: 15
January 18, 2018, 10:59:30 AM
I can confirm that the A3 was available on the hour earlier today. Was able to order and pay for a total of 4 over the past 24 hours using four different accounts. All four orders are in the confirmed payment status with Bitmain.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 10:43:56 AM
somebody can confirm that A3+ is still available at Bitmain, 
and only once every hour for a few minutes ?
for me they are continuously sold out.
January 18, 2018, 02:10:29 AM

Activity: 102
January 17, 2018, 08:30:10 PM
Just going to leave this here....LBC Difficulty  Roll Eyes

Current -1,576,438.409

24 hr - 1,543,569.898

3 day - 1,314,886.756

7 day - 1,020,984.740

42.05 Th/s
Activity: 143
January 17, 2018, 02:28:34 PM
For SALE
Giant B Miner : USD 15,000  (limited quantity of  2 units available)

Giant X10 Miner:  USD 10,000 (only 1 unit available)

Here are the marketing pricing as mentioned by bittawn too:-

asicminermarket: 20k (selling average of 10-15 units per day at this price)
bittawn: 15K
Itopshop: 16k (and sold out at that price)
Coinminer: 16.25k (and sold out at that price)
Ebay USD 25000 and above.

Benefit i can offer to fellow miners:-

When sending i will declare it a gift worth $500, so when you get you will be saving atleast USD 3000 to USD 5000 in custom duty and taxes.

As citronic said

the Giant B is no ordinary miner

Baikal products are legendary good quality and stable

anyone owning these gems will ROI very quickly

what price would one pay to become a lucky Giant B owner?

the answer to that is subjective...... unless we can predict the future

for all we know 15k or 20k maybe too cheap... if the there is NO batch 2 of Giant B.

At $15,000 , what do you think the ROI will be ?     The hashrate of LBRY has dropped but the difficulty has risen .  The price of the coin also has dropped 40%.

Exactly, even in this crashed market the monthly profits are USD 4500, so i guess less than 4 months and all of us are confident BTC will jump back within 1 month and things will go back to normal and so will the price increased.

Just do the maths yourself, i am not pushing anyone for buying it.

I'm a bit confused here. Weren't you excited to receive that Knock on the door from DHL so that you could start mining with your B? Was your intentions to resell this unit? Please excuse my question I'm just curious. Thanks!

Diff increased a lot for baikal b algo's and at the moment just a part of batch1 is delivered. So she wants to sell absolute miners for a joke price to the buyers who can not count. Simple Wink

Those are not from her, those are from Bittawn and they aren't jokes if people are willing to pay it.    The jokes are on Ebay @ $30,000 or the fake sellers that only accept crypto .
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
January 17, 2018, 11:39:30 AM
For SALE

When sending i will declare it a gift worth $500, so when you get you will be saving atleast USD 3000 to USD 5000 in custom duty and taxes.

As citronic said

for all we know 15k or 20k maybe too cheap... if the there is NO batch 2 of Giant B.

At $15,000 , what do you think the ROI will be ?     The hashrate of LBRY has dropped but the difficulty has risen .  The price of the coin also has dropped 40%.

Exactly, even in this crashed market the monthly profits are USD 4500, so i guess less than 4 months and all of us are confident BTC will jump back within 1 month and things will go back to normal and so will the price increased.

I'm a bit confused here. Weren't you excited to receive that Knock on the door from DHL so that you could start mining with your B? Was your intentions to resell this unit? Please excuse my question I'm just curious. Thanks!

Diff increased a lot for baikal b algo's and at the moment just a part of batch1 is delivered. So she wants to sell absolute miners for a joke price to the buyers who can not count. Simple Wink
Activity: 44
January 17, 2018, 10:15:57 AM
For SALE
Giant B Miner : USD 15,000  (limited quantity of  2 units available)

Giant X10 Miner:  USD 10,000 (only 1 unit available)

As citronic said

Can I pay with PayPal so that I have some recourse if the miner doesn't ever show up at my door?
January 17, 2018, 08:41:55 AM
To be safe, I used different names, different email addresses, different mailing addresses that reside in different states, and payment from different wallets. Both orders are now in the confirmed payment status. Took a few hours to update even though payment was made within minutes after the orders were placed. Don't be alarmed if your order shows as expired on the bitmain website, this probably happens to almost everyone, but I do think you should send your payment within the one-hour window if you want to ensure that your order is processed and payment isn't refunded.

Surely your brother can use a different mailing address than your own.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
January 17, 2018, 07:42:58 AM
I saw that A3, came out of nowhere, pretty incredible @ 815GH for Blake(2b). Even though I ordered 6x Giant-B directly, I also ordered 2x Antminer A3 (using two accounts & two addresses) since Giant-B should be focused on LBRY or PASCAL and not Blake(2b). That's why I didn't order the Obelisk that's up to half a year out, because odds that Bitmain would release a new product was too high, been too long since their last product release.

hmm i ordered 1 A3 but i want another too, what if i order one on my brothers account same address ?
January 17, 2018, 05:16:21 AM
I saw that A3, came out of nowhere, pretty incredible @ 815GH for Blake(2b). Even though I ordered 6x Giant-B directly, I also ordered 2x Antminer A3 (using two accounts & two addresses) since Giant-B should be focused on LBRY or PASCAL and not Blake(2b). That's why I didn't order the Obelisk that's up to half a year out, because odds that Bitmain would release a new product was too high, been too long since their last product release.
Good decision
January 17, 2018, 05:05:29 AM
January 17, 2018, 04:49:34 AM
Have you guys seen new Antminer A3 running on Blake2b (SIA coin) - one of the algos running on Giant B?
Bitmain offers 10x power of Giant B, totally of 815GH/s at 1275W while baikals miner runs only 80GH/s. Sure, Baikal have the advantage of multi algos but still I had this strange feeling that Bitmain, once again (same story as DASH), is trying to kill another crypto/algo with its power.
Aaaaand it's already sold out, just few hours after announcement.
Sorry for little offtopic but same algo here as at Giant B and was just curious bout that.
I was lucky to order 2 , tricked the Bitmain 1 order restriction  Cheesy
Activity: 2
January 17, 2018, 04:35:23 AM
Have you guys seen new Antminer A3 running on Blake2b (SIA coin) - one of the algos running on Giant B?
Bitmain offers 10x power of Giant B, totally of 815GH/s at 1275W while baikals miner runs only 80GH/s. Sure, Baikal have the advantage of multi algos but still I had this strange feeling that Bitmain, once again (same story as DASH), is trying to kill another crypto/algo with its power.
Aaaaand it's already sold out, just few hours after announcement.
Sorry for little offtopic but same algo here as at Giant B and was just curious bout that.
January 17, 2018, 04:01:54 AM
For SALE

As citronic said

I am selling extra units and keeping 1 unit with me, that's my business strategy.  Smiley

Also now only 1 Giant B left
Activity: 6
January 17, 2018, 03:54:39 AM
For SALE

As citronic said

Pages:
Jump to: