Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant-B - page 31. (Read 40620 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 25, 2017, 02:28:04 PM
do you have an email or website for him?

you trust him i presume
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
December 25, 2017, 03:13:34 AM
well, because as much as ive honestly LOVED mining, i realize now that if i had just spent  that money on coins and held them then i would have made similar profits...actually in some cases i think hodling would have been a better investment (looking back).

but i get what you’re saying. once you get a taste of some good mining rig(s). ie getting in the first shipment of  bitmain L3’s...once you’ve experienced that, it’s very difficult to resist chasing the newest, fastest asics.

are you going to buy one of these from one of the 2 second-hand retailers you’ve mentioned?

yes i placed order with Blockhunter (ITOP) he promised to ship in end of January
December 25, 2017, 03:06:34 AM
well, because as much as ive honestly LOVED mining, i realize now that if i had just spent  that money on coins and held them then i would have made similar profits...actually in some cases i think hodling would have been a better investment (looking back).

but i get what you’re saying. once you get a taste of some good mining rig(s). ie getting in the first shipment of  bitmain L3’s...once you’ve experienced that, it’s very difficult to resist chasing the newest, fastest asics.

are you going to buy one of these from one of the 2 second-hand retailers you’ve mentioned?
December 25, 2017, 02:26:57 AM
so for those of us who are in this thread legitimately considering (hoping/wishing) for this miner to be real and to be able to actually get one in time for them to still be profitable, yet we remain pessimistic of the possibilities of actually getting into one of these while these coins are still profitable:

What coins should I be investing in instead of making the buy?

LBRY, PASCAL, & DECRED?  any others? 

is there a consensus that the value on these coins will rise when the hashrate and thus difficulty goes through the roof with the release of these miners??
History says so, why not get both miner and coins ?  Wink
December 25, 2017, 01:18:54 AM
so for those of us who are in this thread legitimately considering (hoping/wishing) for this miner to be real and to be able to actually get one in time for them to still be profitable, yet we remain pessimistic of the possibilities of actually getting into one of these while these coins are still profitable:

What coins should I be investing in instead of making the buy?

LBRY, PASCAL, & DECRED?  any others? 

is there a consensus that the value on these coins will rise when the hashrate and thus difficulty goes through the roof with the release of these miners??
December 25, 2017, 01:05:36 AM
When D3 batch was released around early Aug 2017, Dash coin price was around USD190.
4 months after that Dash coin price went up 5x to around USD1,000 due to spike in difficulty level.

LBRY coin's price has been going up steadily from around USD0.25 to almost USD0.53 now(18th Dec).
Does it mean after say Feb'18, LBRY prices will go up as well to make USD2? As 40 GH per asic unit is going to shoot through the roof and make GPU mining almost impossible to make a decent profit.

Should we start buying more LBRY coin to keep?

i believe this might be the most interesting and useful post in this entire thread....  is this an established trend?  that with increasing difficulties, comes increasing coin values???

it certainly seems to pass the basic correlation test (using my memory--which is notoriously inaccurate--as a gauge)
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
December 24, 2017, 04:16:18 AM
Received this from Baikal yesterday.

"Thank you for your contacting.  I am sorry the Giant-B is currently out of stock. Any updates on stock we will let you know by making announcement on facebook/twitter. You can also pay some attention on our website."

out of stock already Huh and last official announcement from them were “oncoming”??  so did they start selling secretly?

well it looks like this. They could not care even to update their webiste  Grin
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
December 23, 2017, 05:34:51 PM

"Thank you for your contacting.  I am sorry the Giant-B is currently out of stock. Any updates on stock we will let you know by making announcement on facebook/twitter. You can also pay some attention on our website."

out of stock already Huh and last official announcement from them were “oncoming”??  so did they start selling secretly?
Activity: 6
December 23, 2017, 03:38:04 PM

December 23, 2017, 04:17:29 AM
This is what i have done trying to purchase Giant B

1. Contacted Baikal:

They say sorry we take only 6 units order.

2. Contacted bittawm who is selling for $4400

First they offered credit card payment method along with crypto, later on when i requested to make payment in multiple transaction due to my bank daily limit, they said they have removed credit card option and now only crypto is the payment option.

3. Contacted Blockhunter who is selling between $3800 to $4000

Asked them few information, apparently they accept bank wire.

As of now Blockhunter looks the best option because sending payment to bittawm is complicated.

I will keep you posted with whom i crack the deal.

Thanks.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
December 23, 2017, 12:34:16 AM
Given all the issues people had with Giant X10 (delays, miners not working, communicating with the company sucks, and so on), I wonder why are you ordering Giant-B ones? I'm not trolling here, I'm trying to understand because I'm considering buying one but baikal's issues concern me.

Guys? @bitcoinexplorer ?

Thinking positive...
Wishful thinking you said?  Grin I'm still not convinced here, too many horror stories. If they were 1k I would risk it, but 4k... I'm open to be convinced with some er.. more convincing argument Smiley
Then this cryptocurrency Business is not for you, these risks differentiate between boy and MAN.
Oh, so big men just throw money away? I think being careful is specially valuable in this business full of crappy actors, so I take calculated risks. So far I haven't been scammed and the hardware I've bought is making money. Even Antminers that break often, warranty is a joke, etc. are averaging good profit for me (counting broken boards and all). I'm asking other people about their experiences with baikal because so far I haven't heard good things about them, just collecting information to understand the risk.
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
December 22, 2017, 11:46:07 PM
Given all the issues people had with Giant X10 (delays, miners not working, communicating with the company sucks, and so on), I wonder why are you ordering Giant-B ones? I'm not trolling here, I'm trying to understand because I'm considering buying one but baikal's issues concern me.

Guys? @bitcoinexplorer ?

Thinking positive...
Wishful thinking you said?  Grin I'm still not convinced here, too many horror stories. If they were 1k I would risk it, but 4k... I'm open to be convinced with some er.. more convincing argument Smiley
Then this cryptocurrency Business is not for you, these risks differentiate between boy and MAN.
December 22, 2017, 10:56:40 PM

Guys? @bitcoinexplorer ?

Thinking positive...
December 22, 2017, 10:54:19 PM

Guys? @bitcoinexplorer ?

Thinking positive...
December 22, 2017, 10:36:40 PM

Guys? @bitcoinexplorer ?
December 22, 2017, 09:48:51 PM
@bittawm

Is your group buy confirmed or just a booking? another group buy was cancelled because minimum order wasn't met.

I mean to say have you secured X number of units or are just booking and will secure later?

Activity: 230
Merit: 101
December 21, 2017, 05:49:13 PM
You must remember that Baikals are multi algo, so when you got it, suddenly a very profitable coin comes yet again after some others aren’t anymore.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 03:38:59 PM
The miner seems very expensive.
Maybe should wait for GMO to release their miners? They should be more efficient then bitmain's antminer. Any opinions?

Where did you read that?

Anyone ordering from Europe?

It will take a long time for 7nm miners to hit a market. I don't think GMO will release sha-256 miner in 2018.
Activity: 4
December 21, 2017, 12:24:38 PM
The miner seems very expensive.
Maybe should wait for GMO to release their miners? They should be more efficient then bitmain's antminer. Any opinions?

Where did you read that?

Anyone ordering from Europe?
Activity: 56
December 21, 2017, 09:50:51 AM
a group buy for this would be ideal so we wouldn't have to pay 4400 on bittawmart and wouldn't have to get the minimum of 6 miners going directly through baikal..

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/baikal-miner-giant-b-in-stock-2603155
Pages:
Jump to: