Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 19. (Read 32785 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
I've got mine too, yep that's ASIC Sad
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kawpMzQYYyNXxCYqWz7L5l--OoxvbG_a
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hv6hN_3pEHcumMhva4WOPF2_D_ZxmNzM

I got my two Giant-N.  The chips are ASICs (see above photos).  They are in similar QFN packages as the X10 chips, and like the X10 there is no clock/crystal next to the chips so they have internal clock generators (unlike FPGA's which need external clocks).

wouldn't ASIC are under the heatsinkture?
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
supportXMR.com
Sso it is fair to assume Baikal has been hashing cryptonight since November.  Now what would YOU do if you were baikal, facing the hard fork?  We know the X10 is ASIC's, not FPGA's, we don't know about the Giant-N (yet; I might take it apart), but assuming the Giant-N is ASIC, then the obvious thing for Baikal to do would be to switch all their (hundreds) of Giant-N machines to Monero (off of all other cryptonight coins), and set up some master nodes and gain 51% of the network hash rate.  

The Baikal scumbags have been mining since September '17,  I think bitmain also hopped on in January '18.  If monero didn't announce the
Fork,  Im sure these 2 scumbags would still be quietly mining 75% of all the new monero blocks without saying a word.  You can figure this out easy because 75% of the monero blocks don't go to any known pools anymore.

September? Source? Someone found the Baikal dev address in the miner firmware. They've registered that address on Dec. 10th on supportxmr.com, mined 3680 XMR so far and are still actively mining with up to 5MH

Seems they started shipping yesterday...

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
So those folk that have these arriving this week...will you have enough time to ROI before the various 'supposed' forks?

Being FPGA miners, will Baikal have enough tech cred...to make firmware updates for such forks to complicate the forking coin threat?

just watching from the sidelines...but curious

brad
Activity: 108
Merit: 1

Again you're not very bright. 21Mh/s @ 18W vs 22Mh/s @ 65W. 65W - 18W = 47W saved. 47W in a year is 40USD. That is garbage performance. Do a little math next time. You save 40 USD in electricity but pay 350USD for the board. It's garbage. Like I mentioned if the hashrate was double or half the price then it would make sense. As it stands it's not doing anything to GPUs.

Not to mentioned the GTX 10 series launched over 2 years ago. Once the GTX 20 series & Navi series launch will make that little board useless.

Don't get me wrong FPGAs can and probably will outdo GPUs at some point, but as it stands that particular board is most definitely not.

I wouldnt call it garbage considering that the main purpose of this device  is not mining, also you save 40 dollars but calculate that for 100 or even 1000 devices is it irrelevant this savings when your a big player, you actually save a lot of money.
The problem is that no one so far want to release public bitstreams for FPGAs(yes people are mining on FPGAs for months now), greedy bastards Cheesy, also very few people actually can do efficient VHDL or Verilog code for FPGAs but in future if the crypto market is not doomed this will change.
Activity: 195
Merit: 15
recived 4pics (1+3),thank you asicminermarket.com  Grin Grin Grin
https://imgur.com/a/VNpkg
copper member
Activity: 166
Merit: 84
So on the Giant-N control panel, there are three hashing boards, and each has 32 ASIC's.  The clock speed of the chips defaults to 200MHz with no way to change the clock speed.

Each board hashes at 6700 H/s.  That is 209 H/s per ASIC.  Assuming 10 clock cycles per loop and 524288 loops in the cryptonight algorithm, it would be 38 H/s per ASIC at 200MHz, per instance of the algorithm.  This implies there are five to six instances of the algorithm running per ASIC, or 10-12MB of internal RAM in each chip, which is quite a lot.  

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
Thank you all the buyers of this crap to help make market more centralized and Bitmain will domain everything
Activity: 94
Merit: 5
Sso it is fair to assume Baikal has been hashing cryptonight since November.  Now what would YOU do if you were baikal, facing the hard fork?  We know the X10 is ASIC's, not FPGA's, we don't know about the Giant-N (yet; I might take it apart), but assuming the Giant-N is ASIC, then the obvious thing for Baikal to do would be to switch all their (hundreds) of Giant-N machines to Monero (off of all other cryptonight coins), and set up some master nodes and gain 51% of the network hash rate.  

The Baikal scumbags have been mining since September '17,  I think bitmain also hopped on in January '18.  If monero didn't announce the
Fork,  Im sure these 2 scumbags would still be quietly mining 75% of all the new monero blocks without saying a word.  You can figure this out easy because 75% of the monero blocks don't go to any known pools anymore.
copper member
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kawpMzQYYyNXxCYqWz7L5l--OoxvbG_a
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hv6hN_3pEHcumMhva4WOPF2_D_ZxmNzM

I got my two Giant-N.  The chips are ASICs (see above photos).  They are in similar QFN packages as the X10 chips, and like the X10 there is no clock/crystal next to the chips so they have internal clock generators (unlike FPGA's which need external clocks).

Activity: 391
Merit: 105
Again you dont read properly, dont look at the hash rate look at the power consumption 18W for 21Mh is pretty awesome cant beat that with a GPU unless you have a free electricity somehow Smiley, also not all models 1060 6Gb can pull 22Mhs on 65W in my experience.

Anyway about Monero's devs, they are playing clever game and are successfully fooling most of the people with the recent algo change announcement if anyone read it carefully this stands out:

The modifications will be light, and should not change performance profiles much. The first change is now being tested, and will happen in the coming March fork

Thats not enough to stop ASICs manufacturers, the asics are already designed they just need to make small changes in the already existing design and spin off another batch and mine for months prior to publicly announced it....

Again you're not very bright. 21Mh/s @ 18W vs 22Mh/s @ 65W. 65W - 18W = 47W saved. 47W in a year is 40USD. That is garbage performance. Do a little math next time. You save 40 USD in electricity but pay 350USD for the board. It's garbage. Like I mentioned if the hashrate was double or half the price then it would make sense. As it stands it's not doing anything to GPUs.

Not to mentioned the GTX 10 series launched over 2 years ago. Once the GTX 20 series & Navi series launch will make that little board useless.

Don't get me wrong FPGAs can and probably will outdo GPUs at some point, but as it stands that particular board is most definitely not.
Activity: 392
Merit: 159
Would you say that these have not been priorly used to mine? (like in other cases)

Can't wait for the fork ^^. Freedom for the decentralised coins ^^
Activity: 42
So I should receive my 2 x GiantN in a few hours (according to the courier).  I will report back.  I do have a question about the Monero fork though.  We know from the X10 reverse engineering thread that even X10's shipped in November have references to the Giant-N and cryptonight in their code, so it is fair to assume Baikal has been hashing cryptonight since November.  Now what would YOU do if you were baikal, facing the hard fork?  We know the X10 is ASIC's, not FPGA's, we don't know about the Giant-N (yet; I might take it apart), but assuming the Giant-N is ASIC, then the obvious thing for Baikal to do would be to switch all their (hundreds) of Giant-N machines to Monero (off of all other cryptonight coins), and set up some master nodes and gain 51% of the network hash rate.  Then, when the fork happens, the fork fails because the V7 algorithm doesn't have 51% of the hash rate.  Am I missing something here?  I mean the fact that Bitmain doesn't even know the exact hash rate or power consumption of their X3 means it isn't even online yet, so it is fair to assume Baikal is the only company capable of attacking the V7 fork with real hardware.   At the current Monero net hash rate it would take Baikal 21,880 Giant-N machines to gain 51% of the hashrate-- assuming not a single of their Giant-N are already hashing Monero.  Perhaps that's unrealistic.

- A 51% attack will not prevent the hardfork fork.  A 51% attack could attempt to alter the chain before the fork creating some issues. Either way the old chain is still going to be alive, so ASIC miners can continue on it. However, there will be no one to sell to, and no exchanges supporting the old chain( I assume). No community consensus. The majority of the Monero  community don't just "dislike" ASICs and Bitmain, they "hate" them. It's War.
- Don't assume just because Bitmain haven't released exact hash rates/ power consumption that there x3 isn't online yet! That probably just means there are firmware updates to come before the public release.   
copper member
So I should receive my 2 x GiantN in a few hours (according to the courier).  I will report back.  I do have a question about the Monero fork though.  We know from the X10 reverse engineering thread that even X10's shipped in November have references to the Giant-N and cryptonight in their code, so it is fair to assume Baikal has been hashing cryptonight since November.  Now what would YOU do if you were baikal, facing the hard fork?  We know the X10 is ASIC's, not FPGA's, we don't know about the Giant-N (yet; I might take it apart), but assuming the Giant-N is ASIC, then the obvious thing for Baikal to do would be to switch all their (hundreds) of Giant-N machines to Monero (off of all other cryptonight coins), and set up some master nodes and gain 51% of the network hash rate.  Then, when the fork happens, the fork fails because the V7 algorithm doesn't have 51% of the hash rate.  Am I missing something here?  I mean the fact that Bitmain doesn't even know the exact hash rate or power consumption of their X3 means it isn't even online yet, so it is fair to assume Baikal is the only company capable of attacking the V7 fork with real hardware.   At the current Monero net hash rate it would take Baikal 21,880 Giant-N machines to gain 51% of the hashrate-- assuming not a single of their Giant-N are already hashing Monero.  Perhaps that's unrealistic.

Activity: 3
Just got the email.

--------------------------------

Hi,
Sorry for delay.
Thank you for your contacting.
 Three types of sale. (shipping charge not included)
Giant-N:
  -Price: 1900usd each
  -Delivery: within 7 working days after received your payment
  -MOQ: 4 units
  -Payment: USD bank transfer

Giant-B/ Giant-X10:
-Price: 2699usd each
-Delivery: Within 7 working days after received your payment
-MOQ: 2 units
-Payment: USD bank transfer

Shipping will be DHL/UPS. Waybill could be provided once we sent the miner from email.
Power supply: We never sell PSU. We would recommend you to buy PSU from your local market or online shop like amazon.
Please let me know which product you are interest.
Any questions please let me know.

BEST regards.

BAIKAL miner

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!

Web: www.baikalminer.com 丨 Skype: baikalminer

Email:[email protected]  丨 Facebook: @baikalminer.offical

3 days ago the MOQ was 6..ahahah they are so stupid and even the hashrate is shit.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
I've got papers from DHL, btw the claimed value is 180 USD not 150 USD like Asicminermarket told me  Roll Eyes
Miner is still in Germany :/ Hope they will delivery it tomorrow.
Sounds good. I am likely to be on Tuesday due to the convenience of the shipping company.
It seems that re-ordered (3Pics) also arrive together. Asicminermarket.com seems to reflect too much. Grin Grin Grin

How dd you go about ordering the 3 units for $3,800?  I did not receive the email and they have not responded to me via email or skype

Have you received such emails?
”Dear user
Thank you for your trust in us.
Your product has been sent.
We received offers from manufacturers to give us the first batch of baikal giant N customers.
We give it to our customers. There is a plan, now you order again for 3800$/pcs, we will send 3pcs.
Remark your order number.
Order link:
http://Https://asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-giant-n-monero-miner/
2 Abandon the compensation program. 100$ coupon: 2018100GIANTN

Giant B 2100$/pcs
Order link
http://Https://asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-miner-giant-b/

Giant x10 2099$/pcs
Order link:
http://Https://asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-giant-x10-dash-coin-miner-2batch/

ASICMINERMARKET team”

check the spam folder.

Don't try to scam people
https://asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-giant-x10-dash-coin-miner-2batch/
This is the real website and has them for $3099 not $2099
Activity: 16
I've got papers from DHL, btw the claimed value is 180 USD not 150 USD like Asicminermarket told me  Roll Eyes
Sounds good. I am likely to be on Tuesday due to the convenience of the shipping company.
It seems that re-ordered (3Pics) also arrive together. Asicminermarket.com seems to reflect too much. Grin Grin Grin

How dd you go about ordering the 3 units for $3,800?  I did not receive the email and they have not responded to me via email or skype

”Dear user
We received offers from manufacturers to give us the first batch of baikal giant N customers.
We give it to our customers. There is a plan, now you order again for 3800$/pcs, we will send 3pcs.
Order link:

Giant B 2100$/pcs
Order link

Giant x10 2099$/pcs
Order link:
http://Https://asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-giant-x10-dash-coin-miner-2batch/

ASICMINERMARKET team”

check the spam folder.

No I didn't, but I did pay $3800 for 1 piece that I just received today btw...

Did you get responses by email or skype?  I want to order again if I can get the 3 for 3800

Activity: 195
Merit: 15
I've got papers from DHL, btw the claimed value is 180 USD not 150 USD like Asicminermarket told me  Roll Eyes

How dd you go about ordering the 3 units for $3,800?  I did not receive the email and they have not responded to me via email or skype

”Dear user
Order link:

Giant B 2100$/pcs
Order link

Giant x10 2099$/pcs
Order link:

ASICMINERMARKET team”

check the spam folder.
Activity: 16

Activity: 108
Merit: 1
Again you dont read properly, dont look at the hash rate look at the power consumption 18W for 21Mh is pretty awesome cant beat that with a GPU unless you have a free electricity somehow Smiley, also not all models 1060 6Gb can pull 22Mhs on 65W in my experience.

Anyway about Monero's devs, they are playing clever game and are successfully fooling most of the people with the recent algo change announcement if anyone read it carefully this stands out:

The modifications will be light, and should not change performance profiles much. The first change is now being tested, and will happen in the coming March fork

Thats not enough to stop ASICs manufacturers, the asics are already designed they just need to make small changes in the already existing design and spin off another batch and mine for months prior to publicly announced it....

Pages:
Jump to: