Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 20. (Read 32815 times)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

Missed what bit? 21 Million Hashes aka 21Mh/s. 18 watts? That wattage is not impressive considering a GTX 1060 can hit 22Mh/s @ 65W. Specially when it costs 350 USD. Pff maybe if the hashrate was double it would remotely make sense.

I'm also not counting on 7nm being hugely faster, but much more efficient. A jump like the R9 390Xs to RX480s. Halving the power consumption with a boost in performance.

Cryptonight algoritm:
1060 6GB AORUS XTREME EDITION   6 GB DDR5   464 h/s   Miner: XMR-STAK   OS: WINDOWS 10 x64   Date: Jan, 2018
Ethereum algoritm:
1060 6GB AORUS XTREME EDITION   6 GB DDR5 22,11 Mh/s   Miner: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.5   OS: WINDOWS 10 x64   Date: Jan, 2018
Activity: 391
Merit: 105
You missed that bit,
up to 21 Million hashes with the current design at 18 watts which is 440%-1083% more efficient than equivalent GPU cards on the market.
and dont count on AMD for big bump in speeds.

Back in the days i started designing my own fpga board for bitcoin mining but appropriate fpga chips were difficult to find and also ASICs came out. But maybe its time to start the project again, hope public bitstreams for fpga will be available dont mind paying devfee.

Missed what bit? 21 Million Hashes aka 21Mh/s. 18 watts? That wattage is not impressive considering a GTX 1060 can hit 22Mh/s @ 65W. Specially when it costs 350 USD. Pff maybe if the hashrate was double it would remotely make sense.

I'm also not counting on 7nm being hugely faster, but much more efficient. A jump like the R9 390Xs to RX480s. Halving the power consumption with a boost in performance.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Did you follow up about the 3 units for $3,800?
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I am interested in the 3x deal to offset paying $3800 for this one
They offer me only to pay second and get third for free. I wanted 2 for the price of one, but nope.

I've got papers from DHL, btw the claimed value is 180 USD not 150 USD like Asicminermarket told me  Roll Eyes
Miner is still in Germany :/ Hope they will delivery it tomorrow.

So is ascicminermarket scam or not?

How can it be scam when he can trace the product via DHL?

they are not the best seller but they are not a scam
Well they gave me wrong tracking number Cheesy But once the package got to the customs clearance I've got message with the right number and all the other stuff needed.

Sounds good. I am likely to be on Tuesday due to the convenience of the shipping company.
It seems that re-ordered (3Pics) also arrive together. Asicminermarket.com seems to reflect too much. Grin Grin Grin
I'm expecting at least this fast delivery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugXAJCiGn7E

LOL! Grin Grin

yeah these type of errors are common with them

Please share with us the condition of the miner once you get it
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I am interested in the 3x deal to offset paying $3800 for this one
They offer me only to pay second and get third for free. I wanted 2 for the price of one, but nope.

I've got papers from DHL, btw the claimed value is 180 USD not 150 USD like Asicminermarket told me  Roll Eyes

Well they gave me wrong tracking number Cheesy But once the package got to the customs clearance I've got message with the right number and all the other stuff needed.

Sounds good. I am likely to be on Tuesday due to the convenience of the shipping company.
It seems that re-ordered (3Pics) also arrive together. Asicminermarket.com seems to reflect too much. Grin Grin Grin
I'm expecting at least this fast delivery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugXAJCiGn7E
Activity: 195
Merit: 15
I've got papers from DHL, btw the claimed value is 180 USD not 150 USD like Asicminermarket told me  Roll Eyes
Activity: 16
I've got papers from DHL, btw the claimed value is 180 USD not 150 USD like Asicminermarket told me  Roll Eyes

Activity: 284
Merit: 10
These miners have not been available for months
Activity: 504
Merit: 3

After how long they shipped your package?
Activity: 17

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
You missed that bit,
up to 21 Million hashes with the current design at 18 watts which is 440%-1083% more efficient than equivalent GPU cards on the market.
and dont count on AMD for big bump in speeds.

Back in the days i started designing my own fpga board for bitcoin mining but appropriate fpga chips were difficult to find and also ASICs came out. But maybe its time to start the project again, hope public bitstreams for fpga will be available dont mind paying devfee.
Activity: 391
Merit: 105
A lot of people have asked me about the FPGA rig that I am building, and make a long story short, I am hoping eventually to release bitstreams for a couple of very common FPGA boards; in this fashion, the average person can just buy one to 30 of these 'stock' FPGA boards, connect them to their PC by USB cables and PCIe-to-USB3 cards, and start mining with the publicly available bitstreams for a 2% fee.  The ROI on high end FPGA boards right now is 15 to 90 days depending on the algorithm and the board.  This setup is almost immune to 'forking', and in my opinion, GPU's will gradually be replaced by FPGA's and I believe stock-hardware FPGA mining with publicly available bitstreams will replace the current set up of stock-GPU's with publicly available mining software.

When the transition from GPU's to FPGA's is complete, true-ASIC rigs will not be that attractive.  They will offer only a moderate hash rate increase, for high risk.

Very very interested. When will you have them ready? And where is it possible to buy those high end fgpa? Thanks!

Other than myself I know of at least two other people who are also working on open-platform FPGA rigs, which means in reality there must be even more than that.  Likely several will be released around the same time.

High end cards are available from digikey.com, avnet.com, hitechglobal.com, bittware.com, xilinx.com.  The lowest end card that can ROI in around 30 days is the $490 Digilent Nexys Video [Xilinx XCA7200T] (available from Digilent.com, Avnet.com, Digikey.com).  However, the Nexys card is limited in which algorithms you can mine, and personally I believe the future of open platform FPGA rigs is in the high end cards which can run almost every altcoin algorithm.  The high end cards cost around $4K to $6K each, which is around the same price of custom mining rigs, with much better ROI's, more flexibility, and none of the 'screw-you-over' attitude of the big mining companies.  With full open access to your own hardware, there are no 'secret' or 'locked' algorithms which are out of your control.

I'm working full time on this project, I might have something publicly available by June or July.

I forked tpruvot's CPU miner, the miner works the same on the command line, with -a specifying the algorithm, and the PC mining software loads the correct bitstream into the FPGA card right before you start mining.  If you want to run profit switching, the software just reconfigures the FPGA in a few seconds and then switches algorithms.

The other tremendous gain is the low power consumption.  A high end FPGA card burns around 150-200W and makes $40 to $270 per day.  Which means you can 'live' off mining revenue without a complicated cooling system, 220V circuits, and all the other headaches of GPU's.

Something like this;)

https://subutai.io/router.html

Looks like it’s time to dump graphics cards. 😢

BR

Lmao 21Mh/s for 350 USD? You're joking right? That thing is not doing anything to GPUs lol.  Specially not when AMD is already working on 7nm Navi GPUs for next year.
Activity: 102
Hi
Someone know if this baikal N can be upgraded to mine monero and other cryptonight coins after the fork?
Otherway will become faster a nice door stopper

The price action from Baikal continually lowering the price is probably telling that it can't be upgraded for the fork... I seriously doubt they would keep dropping the price if they thought there was a possibility.
Activity: 345
Merit: 131
Today I've got msg from DHL my Gaint N is in customs clearance...

Very cool, please keep us posted on whether this is FPGA or not. 
Baikal have the worst customer service ever.

First they states they wants ONLY Bank wire usd payments.

Then they writes they accepts ONLY bank wires usd payments from COMPANY accounts

Then they writes they accept ONLY payments from BTC/LTC accounts and no bank payment anymore.

Now they wrote me they will accept the bank wire from company account but I must wait monday.

I bet at Baikal there is just one CN guy replying at thousands of emails and not even seaprking/reading english correctly.  Can you imagine the panick?
Activity: 12
Just got the email.

--------------------------------

Hi,
Sorry for delay.
Thank you for your contacting.
 Three types of sale. (shipping charge not included)
Giant-N:
  -Price: 1900usd each
  -Delivery: within 7 working days after received your payment
  -MOQ: 4 units
  -Payment: USD bank transfer

Giant-B/ Giant-X10:
-Price: 2699usd each
-Delivery: Within 7 working days after received your payment
-MOQ: 2 units
-Payment: USD bank transfer

Shipping will be DHL/UPS. Waybill could be provided once we sent the miner from email.
Power supply: We never sell PSU. We would recommend you to buy PSU from your local market or online shop like amazon.
Please let me know which product you are interest.
Any questions please let me know.

BEST regards.

BAIKAL miner

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!

Web: www.baikalminer.com 丨 Skype: baikalminer

Email:[email protected]  丨 Facebook: @baikalminer.offical
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
My take on the Giant N + upcoming XMR hardfork for anyone interested

https://youtu.be/Y9SNLrl3avY
Activity: 163
Merit: 11
Hi
Someone know if this baikal N can be upgraded to mine monero and other cryptonight coins after the fork?
Otherway will become faster a nice door stopper
Activity: 2
did anyone test it yet ?
price dropped to 1900 usd directly from baikal
Pages:
Jump to: