Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 21. (Read 32815 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Are you thinking of reordering? Huh  it seem to be able to buy three at the price of two.

By the way, I found something like this in asicminermarket.com .
https://asicminermarket.com/product/1600watt-miner-psu/
You can buy this for 30 USD with this coupon. DHL Free shipping. Grin Grin Grin
100$ coupon: 2018100GIANTN
Let me think about it, I've asked when I paid the same amount and not get shipped the miner on time if I get the 1 free too, no respond. I've got not working tracking number, I need to pay for customs clearance and the miner probably won't be updated for the POW changes... HELL NO!
https://media1.tenor.com/images/a8b0a72b4d23609c7f30b3ff2c3e9095/tenor.gif

Since the miner need 60W and Baikal advices 12V and 10A, you are fine with some LED power supply or any cheap PSU even if we find a way to OC this little bastard.
Activity: 195
Merit: 15
Today I've got msg from DHL my Gaint N is in customs clearance...

so you would be the first person who plug in this GN and test it in this topic
Planned delivery is 27 March...
They wrote on the box 150 USD for those who want to lower the invoice price... They could told me that before I've do the paper work with 800 USD  Roll Eyes  Grin
Are you thinking of reordering? Huh  it seem to be able to buy three at the price of two.

By the way, I found something like this in asicminermarket.com .
https://asicminermarket.com/product/1600watt-miner-psu/
You can buy this for 30 USD with this coupon. DHL Free shipping. Grin Grin Grin
100$ coupon: 2018100GIANTN
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
A lot of people have asked me about the FPGA rig that I am building, and make a long story short, I am hoping eventually to release bitstreams for a couple of very common FPGA boards; in this fashion, the average person can just buy one to 30 of these 'stock' FPGA boards, connect them to their PC by USB cables and PCIe-to-USB3 cards, and start mining with the publicly available bitstreams for a 2% fee.  The ROI on high end FPGA boards right now is 15 to 90 days depending on the algorithm and the board.  This setup is almost immune to 'forking', and in my opinion, GPU's will gradually be replaced by FPGA's and I believe stock-hardware FPGA mining with publicly available bitstreams will replace the current set up of stock-GPU's with publicly available mining software.

When the transition from GPU's to FPGA's is complete, true-ASIC rigs will not be that attractive.  They will offer only a moderate hash rate increase, for high risk.

Very very interested. When will you have them ready? And where is it possible to buy those high end fgpa? Thanks!

Other than myself I know of at least two other people who are also working on open-platform FPGA rigs, which means in reality there must be even more than that.  Likely several will be released around the same time.

High end cards are available from digikey.com, avnet.com, hitechglobal.com, bittware.com, xilinx.com.  The lowest end card that can ROI in around 30 days is the $490 Digilent Nexys Video [Xilinx XCA7200T] (available from Digilent.com, Avnet.com, Digikey.com).  However, the Nexys card is limited in which algorithms you can mine, and personally I believe the future of open platform FPGA rigs is in the high end cards which can run almost every altcoin algorithm.  The high end cards cost around $4K to $6K each, which is around the same price of custom mining rigs, with much better ROI's, more flexibility, and none of the 'screw-you-over' attitude of the big mining companies.  With full open access to your own hardware, there are no 'secret' or 'locked' algorithms which are out of your control.

I'm working full time on this project, I might have something publicly available by June or July.

I forked tpruvot's CPU miner, the miner works the same on the command line, with -a specifying the algorithm, and the PC mining software loads the correct bitstream into the FPGA card right before you start mining.  If you want to run profit switching, the software just reconfigures the FPGA in a few seconds and then switches algorithms.

The other tremendous gain is the low power consumption.  A high end FPGA card burns around 150-200W and makes $40 to $270 per day.  Which means you can 'live' off mining revenue without a complicated cooling system, 220V circuits, and all the other headaches of GPU's.

Something like this;)

https://subutai.io/router.html

Looks like it’s time to dump graphics cards. 😢

BR
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

Planned delivery is 27 March...
They wrote on the box 150 USD for those who want to lower the invoice price... They could told me that before I've do the paper work with 800 USD  Roll Eyes  Grin
Activity: 197
Merit: 0

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
asicminermarket skype:First of all, I sincerely apologize to you.
Because our mistakes have brought you a lot of inconvenience and some economic losses.
For this reason, I sincerely apologize to you again.
 In order to express our sincerity, you can purchase 3 GNs with 3800USD.
 We hope you can send me the full name of your consignee and the receiving country of the order.
I will give you a correct tracking number.

WTF??? they also steal my 3800USD?Huh Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

just now they send me new FAKE NUMBER   Grin Grin Grin

UPDATE: they send me CORRECT NUMBER, its seems they shipped today. lol
UPDATE: DHL stats still were pic up  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
A lot of people have asked me about the FPGA rig that I am building, and make a long story short, I am hoping eventually to release bitstreams for a couple of very common FPGA boards; in this fashion, the average person can just buy one to 30 of these 'stock' FPGA boards, connect them to their PC by USB cables and PCIe-to-USB3 cards, and start mining with the publicly available bitstreams for a 2% fee.  The ROI on high end FPGA boards right now is 15 to 90 days depending on the algorithm and the board.  This setup is almost immune to 'forking', and in my opinion, GPU's will gradually be replaced by FPGA's and I believe stock-hardware FPGA mining with publicly available bitstreams will replace the current set up of stock-GPU's with publicly available mining software.

When the transition from GPU's to FPGA's is complete, true-ASIC rigs will not be that attractive.  They will offer only a moderate hash rate increase, for high risk.

Very very interested. When will you have them ready? And where is it possible to buy those high end fgpa? Thanks!

Other than myself I know of at least two other people who are also working on open-platform FPGA rigs, which means in reality there must be even more than that.  Likely several will be released around the same time.

High end cards are available from digikey.com, avnet.com, hitechglobal.com, bittware.com, xilinx.com.  The lowest end card that can ROI in around 30 days is the $490 Digilent Nexys Video [Xilinx XCA7200T] (available from Digilent.com, Avnet.com, Digikey.com).  However, the Nexys card is limited in which algorithms you can mine, and personally I believe the future of open platform FPGA rigs is in the high end cards which can run almost every altcoin algorithm.  The high end cards cost around $4K to $6K each, which is around the same price of custom mining rigs, with much better ROI's, more flexibility, and none of the 'screw-you-over' attitude of the big mining companies.  With full open access to your own hardware, there are no 'secret' or 'locked' algorithms which are out of your control.

I'm working full time on this project, I might have something publicly available by June or July.

I forked tpruvot's CPU miner, the miner works the same on the command line, with -a specifying the algorithm, and the PC mining software loads the correct bitstream into the FPGA card right before you start mining.  If you want to run profit switching, the software just reconfigures the FPGA in a few seconds and then switches algorithms.

The other tremendous gain is the low power consumption.  A high end FPGA card burns around 150-200W and makes $40 to $270 per day.  Which means you can 'live' off mining revenue without a complicated cooling system, 220V circuits, and all the other headaches of GPU's.

Very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing. I have a few questions, but for folks doing searches, the correct part for the Nexys is XC7A200T

So, on to the questions, and please correct me wherever my assumptions are wrong; not an expert in FPGA by an means.

1. The low-end fpga in your example, seems to only come with 512MB 800MHz DDR3, which also means that it would not be able to mine algos that require 2GB of memory or more, correct?
2. Do you have a few high-end fpga example boards to link to?
3. Do you have a working proof-of-concept, what algo is it running, on which board, and is it stable?
4. Further to #3 above, what are the temperatures like at full blast?

Would be interesting to see performance out of Programable gate arrays. To my understanding they tend to consume much more power than ASICs while being more expensive and less powerful.

Would be interesting to see how they fair against a Vega (2kh/s+) and Xeon Phi 7220s & 7250s (3kh/s+).

Yes you are right, FPGAs consumes more power , slow performance and expensive than ASICs but to my understanding that FPGAs are also somewhat like a prototypes for ASIC design. FPGAs are more flexible to design and then the ASIC is the final product. There were an attempt before long ago to run an FPGA miner for bitcoin, but it was discontinued due to high cost for single mining.
copper member
Activity: 166
Merit: 84
A lot of people have asked me about the FPGA rig that I am building, and make a long story short, I am hoping eventually to release bitstreams for a couple of very common FPGA boards; in this fashion, the average person can just buy one to 30 of these 'stock' FPGA boards, connect them to their PC by USB cables and PCIe-to-USB3 cards, and start mining with the publicly available bitstreams for a 2% fee.  The ROI on high end FPGA boards right now is 15 to 90 days depending on the algorithm and the board.  This setup is almost immune to 'forking', and in my opinion, GPU's will gradually be replaced by FPGA's and I believe stock-hardware FPGA mining with publicly available bitstreams will replace the current set up of stock-GPU's with publicly available mining software.

When the transition from GPU's to FPGA's is complete, true-ASIC rigs will not be that attractive.  They will offer only a moderate hash rate increase, for high risk.

Other than myself I know of at least two other people who are also working on open-platform FPGA rigs, which means in reality there must be even more than that.  Likely several will be released around the same time.

High end cards are available from digikey.com, avnet.com, hitechglobal.com, bittware.com, xilinx.com.  The lowest end card that can ROI in around 30 days is the $490 Digilent Nexys Video [Xilinx XCA7200T] (available from Digilent.com, Avnet.com, Digikey.com).  However, the Nexys card is limited in which algorithms you can mine, and personally I believe the future of open platform FPGA rigs is in the high end cards which can run almost every altcoin algorithm.  The high end cards cost around $4K to $6K each, which is around the same price of custom mining rigs, with much better ROI's, more flexibility, and none of the 'screw-you-over' attitude of the big mining companies.  With full open access to your own hardware, there are no 'secret' or 'locked' algorithms which are out of your control.

I forked tpruvot's CPU miner, the miner works the same on the command line, with -a specifying the algorithm, and the PC mining software loads the correct bitstream into the FPGA card right before you start mining.  If you want to run profit switching, the software just reconfigures the FPGA in a few seconds and then switches algorithms.

The other tremendous gain is the low power consumption.  A high end FPGA card burns around 150-200W and makes $40 to $270 per day.  Which means you can 'live' off mining revenue without a complicated cooling system, 220V circuits, and all the other headaches of GPU's.

Very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing. I have a few questions, but for folks doing searches, the correct part for the Nexys is XC7A200T

So, on to the questions, and please correct me wherever my assumptions are wrong; not an expert in FPGA by an means.

1. The low-end fpga in your example, seems to only come with 512MB 800MHz DDR3, which also means that it would not be able to mine algos that require 2GB of memory or more, correct?
3. Do you have a working proof-of-concept, what algo is it running, on which board, and is it stable?

The high end board I am developing on has 64GB of DDR4 and there are 8 boards in the rig (512GB), however another board I am working with has 288MB of QDRII+ RAM which is way faster than DDR4/GDDR for random access.  Still, generally the best ROI is for algorithms that are not that memory intensive and can be done internally on the FPGA without external memory accesses.

I am building hash functions one by one (functions, not algorithms, like X11 = 11 different hash functions), and no, I have not finished enough hash functions to run a full multi-function algorithm yet.  However based on the speed of the individual hash functions it is possible to calculate the hash rate of the full chain well in advance.

Anyway, time to get back to work.

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

Would be interesting to see performance out of Programable gate arrays. To my understanding they tend to consume much more power than ASICs while being more expensive and less powerful.

Would be interesting to see how they fair against a Vega (2kh/s+) and Xeon Phi 7220s & 7250s (3kh/s+).
Activity: 74
A lot of people have asked me about the FPGA rig that I am building, and make a long story short, I am hoping eventually to release bitstreams for a couple of very common FPGA boards; in this fashion, the average person can just buy one to 30 of these 'stock' FPGA boards, connect them to their PC by USB cables and PCIe-to-USB3 cards, and start mining with the publicly available bitstreams for a 2% fee.  The ROI on high end FPGA boards right now is 15 to 90 days depending on the algorithm and the board.  This setup is almost immune to 'forking', and in my opinion, GPU's will gradually be replaced by FPGA's and I believe stock-hardware FPGA mining with publicly available bitstreams will replace the current set up of stock-GPU's with publicly available mining software.

When the transition from GPU's to FPGA's is complete, true-ASIC rigs will not be that attractive.  They will offer only a moderate hash rate increase, for high risk.

Other than myself I know of at least two other people who are also working on open-platform FPGA rigs, which means in reality there must be even more than that.  Likely several will be released around the same time.

High end cards are available from digikey.com, avnet.com, hitechglobal.com, bittware.com, xilinx.com.  The lowest end card that can ROI in around 30 days is the $490 Digilent Nexys Video [Xilinx XCA7200T] (available from Digilent.com, Avnet.com, Digikey.com).  However, the Nexys card is limited in which algorithms you can mine, and personally I believe the future of open platform FPGA rigs is in the high end cards which can run almost every altcoin algorithm.  The high end cards cost around $4K to $6K each, which is around the same price of custom mining rigs, with much better ROI's, more flexibility, and none of the 'screw-you-over' attitude of the big mining companies.  With full open access to your own hardware, there are no 'secret' or 'locked' algorithms which are out of your control.

I forked tpruvot's CPU miner, the miner works the same on the command line, with -a specifying the algorithm, and the PC mining software loads the correct bitstream into the FPGA card right before you start mining.  If you want to run profit switching, the software just reconfigures the FPGA in a few seconds and then switches algorithms.

The other tremendous gain is the low power consumption.  A high end FPGA card burns around 150-200W and makes $40 to $270 per day.  Which means you can 'live' off mining revenue without a complicated cooling system, 220V circuits, and all the other headaches of GPU's.

copper member

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

copper member

Activity: 59
Merit: 1
How does one even build an FPGA for mining? Do you like buy some random high tier FPGA and write your own code (bitstream) for it? I'm actually really interested in this Smiley

In general, yes. We take random FPGA with a good power supply and cooling system. Since there are almost no such boards in the wild, mining with the FPGA is not widespread.
Activity: 102
As soon as I sent to asicminermarket.com "I want to buy" with a different email address, a reply came. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Very strange behavior of BAIKAL. Here is a lot of claims from asicminermarket.com buyers, which ruin the BAIKAL reputation, too.
If they announce who is their real distributor, resaler or dealer, and who is a scam artist, buyers will be more protected.
They know, to whom they sell their units. It is very easy for them  to point on scam business. If they want. With such situation it looks like that they support this practice.  Angry Angry Angry

People throw money at Baikal regardless of their practices and people throw money at asisminermarket when it's well documented that they have massively delayed shipping in the past.  Buyers need to come to their own senses by putting their own greed of making money quick themselves by doing a little research first...

It sucks that these businesses screw people out of their hard earned $$, but DO YOUR RESEARCH people...
Activity: 602
Merit: 106

I do not understand why you could not just use the internal memory located inside the FPGA.  Many new 16nm Fpga has upwards of 75 megabyte of memory.  I would think having 37 really fast cores would be better than trying to use slow external ram.

Anyways, I found a reddit post of someone who supposedly did 20 kh/s on an monero FPGA miner. https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/7s9zwe/fpga_mining/

Could you give a link to the XMR V7 discussion?

John, I will try to build  Cryptonight and equihash in FPGA.  The main question is to choose most profitable system architecture. But since it is my hobby, no schedule of the project.

Guys, FPGA are profitable, 1 to 6 month ROI, CR, whatever.

I can not write PM right now because of forum's limitation, will solve it later.

How does one even build an FPGA for mining? Do you like buy some random high tier FPGA and write your own code (bitstream) for it? I'm actually really interested in this Smiley
Activity: 345
Merit: 131

I do not understand why you could not just use the internal memory located inside the FPGA.  Many new 16nm Fpga has upwards of 75 megabyte of memory.  I would think having 37 really fast cores would be better than trying to use slow external ram.

Anyways, I found a reddit post of someone who supposedly did 20 kh/s on an monero FPGA miner. https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/7s9zwe/fpga_mining/

John, I will try to build  Cryptonight and equihash in FPGA.  The main question is to choose most profitable system architecture. But since it is my hobby, no schedule of the project.

I can not write PM right now because of forum's limitation, will solve it later.

Sweet dude, keep me updated on this project.  If you create the code, make sure to at least add 1-5% for your efforts.  I'll gladly pay for it. 

I do not understand why you could not just use the internal memory located inside the FPGA.  Many new 16nm Fpga has upwards of 75 megabyte of memory.  I would think having 37 really fast cores would be better than trying to use slow external ram.

John, I will try to build  Cryptonight and equihash in FPGA.  The main question is to choose most profitable system architecture. But since it is my hobby, no schedule of the project.

cool! it exited me. Wink Wink Wink
Activity: 57
Pages:
Jump to: