Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner - page 7. (Read 32785 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 1
A huge plus ASIC is the consumption of 60 watts. Mining with asika increases the difficulty and the coin has no profit.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
If you are looking for a pool to mine with your Baikal I have been using Successfully the following:

Bytecoin BCN

URL: stratum+tcp://bcn.superpools.online:9999
Worker: your wallet address (optional +PaymentID for exchange)
Pawword: x

SumoKoin (SUMO)

URL: stratum+tcp://sumo.superpools.online:4999
Worker: your wallet address

DigitalNote XDN

URL: stratum+tcp://xdn.superpools.online:9999

DERO

URL: stratum+tcp://dero.superpools.online:19999

Newton NCP

URL: stratum+tcp://ncp.superpools.online:9999

B2b

URL: stratum+tcp://b2b.superpools.online:9999

Karbo KRB

URL: stratum+tcp://krb.superpools.online:9999

Monero Original

URL: stratum+tcp://xmo.superpools.online:9999
Activity: 420
Merit: 182

you sound like one of these one who isn't into helping aren't, you? or are you an affiliate with one of these sellers.
and i think you can't read neither.
also you never bought anything from china, didn't you?

It's no news flash that shit made in China is mostly shit. It's also no news flash that the "warranty" provided by ASIC miner manufacturers isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If you are surprised that your POS ASIC stopped working after you attempted to flash a new bitstream onto it then you obviously haven't been paying attention and/or bought the ASIC without doing a lick of research. Ergo, you got exactly what you deserved, which is an un-lubed Dragon dildo up the poop-chute.

NB - the correct response to anyone who replies to your plea for help and which isn't totally roasting your sorry ass is, "thank you." Even if the reply didn't actually help. No one here HAS to reply to your queries and you aren't entitled to help, either.

So let's dial back on the self-entitlement and try again with a bit more humility, eh?

Activity: 529
Merit: 29
i have reupdated orange pi zero like dozen time and baikal support doesn't know either and they offer to buy new pi and control board without even knowing what the problem is?

Makes sense to me - a Raspberry Pi Zero costs barely more than $20 in the US, so probably closer to $5 in China.  Just paying a tech support employee - even Chinese wages - costs more than that.

no the problem is that they couldn't even give an explanation what is wrong about the miner. the lights all light up so it's not broken.
also it could be that the cards are broken? they don't know! lol.
they don't sell the orange pi and the control board on their website but they offer to buy a new one after a couple emails and they can't figure out what wrong with it???!?
these chinese companies are into selling shit and not helping. that's the problem.

Well it is what it is. No harm in throwing $20 at it I suppose?

Why were you flashing X10 image on N?

you sound like one of these one who isn't into helping aren't, you? or are you an affiliate with one of these sellers.

Not sure what makes you think that. I am only trying to help you.

And *you* seem to bought from China for the first time as you are expecting them to be helpful. Good luck!
Activity: 31
i have reupdated orange pi zero like dozen time and baikal support doesn't know either and they offer to buy new pi and control board without even knowing what the problem is?

Makes sense to me - a Raspberry Pi Zero costs barely more than $20 in the US, so probably closer to $5 in China.  Just paying a tech support employee - even Chinese wages - costs more than that.

no the problem is that they couldn't even give an explanation what is wrong about the miner. the lights all light up so it's not broken.
they don't sell the orange pi and the control board on their website but they offer to buy a new one after a couple emails and they can't figure out what wrong with it???!?
these chinese companies are into selling shit and not helping. that's the problem.

Activity: 168
Merit: 2
X3 and n240 should be below 800$ in 2 weeks.

Yeah in about 2 weeks you will see major discount on this ASIC door stoper.
The thing is, all the cryptonight algo will fork in matter of days from now. So we will expect a lot of SALE during these weeks.
Stay away from this ASIC.

Makes sense to me - a Raspberry Pi Zero costs barely more than $20 in the US, so probably closer to $5 in China.  Just paying a tech support employee - even Chinese wages - costs more than that.

when i update my baikal giant N with PiZero_GX10_180410_V1.2.img i have 3 red and 3 blue lights(1 on each card) and 3 red light on control board!
and on baikal interface > devices > when i click on identify > blue,green and red from the 1 card and the red light from the control board (= total 4 lights) flashes for 15 sec and goes off!?!? and it's the same when i click on 2 other identify (=3 cards in total!)
so in other words the device works! or does that not matter bec it doesn't mine?

the green light is when i start mining or is that when a block is detected?

also when update with PiZero_GN_180310_V1.0.img or all other image, i get no device detected?!

i'm confused since PiZero_GX10_180410_V1.2.img is for baikal giant x10 but i have a baikal giant N.

anyone has the same issue?

I believe PiZero_GX10 is X10 Image, you can't use it on N.
when i update my baikal giant N with PiZero_GX10_180410_V1.2.img i have 3 red and 3 blue lights(1 on each card) and 3 red light on control board!
and on baikal interface > devices > when i click on identify > blue,green and red from the 1 card and the red light from the control board (= total 4 lights) flashes for 15 sec and goes off!?!? and it's the same when i click on 2 other identify (=3 cards in total!)
so in other words the device works! or does that not matter bec it doesn't mine?

the green light is when i start mining or is that when a block is detected?

also when update with PiZero_GN_180310_V1.0.img or all other image, i get no device detected?!

i'm confused since PiZero_GX10_180410_V1.2.img is for baikal giant x10 but i have a baikal giant N.

anyone has the same issue?

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
X3 and n240 should be below 800$ in 2 weeks.
Activity: 2
you can already buy a N+ for 450 dollars
they now also released a 240kh/s version, a 650 watt door stopper
Activity: 236
Merit: 16
Anybody wanna get rid of theirs for cheap? It's for science!
Activity: 4
i bought Baikal GN at 1900$/one.
Now check in whattomine, profit is mined 3$/day.

Do you research before purchasing an ASIC next time. As for me, I'm waiting 30 May and the announced Electroneum fork so I can switch my Vega 56's back to ETN Cheesy
I bought GN to mine monero but 6/5 monero fork. I order in 3/5 and spent a week to delivery. Now, i hope in ETN, i'm waiting 30 May too. Should I mine DERO now? I try mining BCN and ETN but it wasn't effectively.
What is a 'reasonable' price for a Baikal Giant N these days? Also, what is the 'likely' price that will be asked for such, making my first sentence moot?

Doubt I will get one...just curious about what it would take for a price to move any to those on here, with the folks here....and what the likely 'overpriced' real world price is.

(I doubt they are close but need to ask) Smiley

I don't follow every CN coin, but I do follow a few, and one of my favorites, DERO, has yet to fork and as a result its network hashrate has gone from 5MH/s to >300MH/s over the course of a couple weeks thanks to these ASICs. For maybe the first day of owning a Giant N you could have mined about 60 DERO, but that rapidly declined to the point it now only brings in about 1.4 DERO per day. A classic case of shooting yourself in the foot, in other words. Consequently, I would maybe pay $100 for a Giant N, and even that would be risky as at the current rate of payback it would take 40-50 days to break even.

I suspect something similar will happen with the Z9 Equihash ASIC, especially if the big kahuna, ZEC, does decide to fork.
Activity: 212
Merit: 12

Do you research before purchasing an ASIC next time. As for me, I'm waiting 30 May and the announced Electroneum fork so I can switch my Vega 56's back to ETN Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
If I had one of these, I’d be mining the hell out of every noname shitcoin that’s left running regular Cryptonight.  Maybe one of them will turn out to be good... and there’s still several under-the-radar coins out there.

what coin are you choose? Bytecoin, ETN, .... ?

What is a 'reasonable' price for a Baikal Giant N these days? Also, what is the 'likely' price that will be asked for such, making my first sentence moot?

Doubt I will get one...just curious about what it would take for a price to move any to those on here, with the folks here....and what the likely 'overpriced' real world price is.

(I doubt they are close but need to ask) Smiley

If I had one of these, I’d be mining the hell out of every noname shitcoin that’s left running regular Cryptonight.  Maybe one of them will turn out to be good... and there’s still several under-the-radar coins out there.

what coin are you choose? Bytecoin, ETN, .... ?
what future for baikal N  Huh Huh Huh Huh

Baikal N will become a total brick, eating electricity and producing heat.

It is really a total brick Sad(.
Pages:
Jump to: