Pages:
Author

Topic: Baikal miner Problems,Tips and Help - page 7. (Read 26293 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
April 29, 2017, 02:27:47 AM
update:
tried with Corsair CX500 psu, still the same problem.
my switching adaptor is missing, i forgot where i put it Cheesy

my mini miner is brand new from baikal.
i didnt tweak, edit or anything else.
just plug and play from the beginning.

then it just stop mining, both indicator led on ethernet port lit from the moment i power it on.
it cant get ip from router. router is working fine, internet connection fine.
i can browsing etc with my pc.
other miners work fine too.

i will try  a suggestion from age1314.

I was running mint 8.1 linux and putty and it would die...got lunbuntu 17.04 where i can shut off hibernate and such and it went away

so screen saver....power to hibernate...all that kinda stuff can kill the miner i think

probably not related ..but all i got

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
April 29, 2017, 12:24:34 AM
update:
tried with Corsair CX500 psu, still the same problem.
my switching adaptor is missing, i forgot where i put it Cheesy

my mini miner is brand new from baikal.
i didnt tweak, edit or anything else.
just plug and play from the beginning.

then it just stop mining, both indicator led on ethernet port lit from the moment i power it on.
it cant get ip from router. router is working fine, internet connection fine.
i can browsing etc with my pc.
other miners work fine too.

i will try  a suggestion from age1314.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
April 28, 2017, 12:15:38 PM
hi guys,

i got problem with my baikal mini.
it cannot stop blinking.
i checked at router's client list and there is no baikal.

i plug a hdmi cable and it shows a repeated progress about failed to change to 1536mhz
i have replace the controller with another orange pi one and still no luck.
write a 8gb image to a 8gb sd card and replace the original sd card, still the same.

emailed the support address of baikal, no response after 2 days.
i  try skype baikal too, and same, no response.

anyone can help?

http://imgur.com/a/ySRI2

Can u access the web browser at all? has it ever worked? it definitely sounds like a router problem because you cant see it on your router ? you can use the IP scanner they provide on the download links  or simply use a Command window and type in arp -a . Is the miner second hand? could of been overclocked to that frequency and could be too high? try settling lower cpu freq . sorry for all the question just trying process of elimination is how i fixed my cube .

after a quick google search it seems to be a setting tweak of the pi itself hope this link helps . https://forum.armbian.com/index.php?/topic/1122-arisc-errors-have-returned/ if you read up on that and head to the forums you should be able to solve your problem:) good luck
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
April 28, 2017, 11:52:04 AM
hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

i plug a hdmi cable and it shows a repeated progress about failed to change to 1536mhz
write a 8gb image to a 8gb sd card and replace the original sd card, still the same.

anyone can help?

Can u access the web browser at all? has it ever worked? it definitely sounds like a router problem because you cant see it on your router ? you can use the IP scanner they provide on the download links  or simply use a Command window and type in arp -a . Is the miner second hand? could of been overclocked to that frequency and could be too high? try settling lower cpu freq . sorry for all the question just trying process of elimination is how i fixed my cube .
Activity: 689
Merit: 253
April 28, 2017, 10:49:18 AM
SO not sure whats going on but I dont think one of my miners is working correctly.

i have 2 baikal cubes and started them at the same time.

One has 5925 accepted, 1.63% rejected and no hardware issues

Cube 2 has 12268 accepted 1.6% rejected, no hardware.

Both are mining to P2Pool using the same dash address as the username and at the end of the username I have /+0.08

Odd.. but how did you get 2??
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
April 28, 2017, 07:59:19 AM
SO not sure whats going on but I dont think one of my miners is working correctly.

i have 2 baikal cubes and started them at the same time.

One has 5925 accepted, 1.63% rejected and no hardware issues

Cube 2 has 12268 accepted 1.6% rejected, no hardware.

Both are mining to P2Pool using the same dash address as the username and at the end of the username I have /+0.08
April 28, 2017, 01:28:17 AM
getting worse,

i cant send email to them.
send from gmail.

anyone have the same problem here?

Error Icon
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the domain baikalminer.com couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
The response was:
DNS Error: 41988117 DNS type 'mx' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR 41988117 DNS type 'mx' lookup of baikalminer.com had no relevant answers. 41988117 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR 41988117 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of baikalminer.com had no relevant answers. 41988117 DNS type 'a' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR 41988117 DNS type 'a' lookup of baikalminer.com had no relevant answers.

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; DNS Error: 41988117 DNS type 'mx' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR
 41988117 DNS type 'mx' lookup of baikalminer.com had no relevant answers.
 41988117 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR
 41988117 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of baikalminer.com had no relevant answers.
 41988117 DNS type 'a' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR
 41988117 DNS type 'a' lookup of baikalminer.com had no relevant answers.
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 21:33:45 -0700 (PDT)

unless they changed it their support is [email protected] (see their page www.baikalminer.com) to confirm this is still true

brad

i think they have change it
[email protected] [before-sale]
[email protected] [after-sale]

its on the bottom of the Contact Us page.

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
April 28, 2017, 01:12:03 AM
getting worse,

send from gmail.

Error Icon
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the domain baikalminer.com couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
The response was:
DNS Error: 41988117 DNS type 'mx' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR 41988117 DNS type 'mx' lookup of baikalminer.com had no relevant answers. 41988117 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR 41988117 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of baikalminer.com had no relevant answers. 41988117 DNS type 'a' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR 41988117 DNS type 'a' lookup of baikalminer.com had no relevant answers.

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; DNS Error: 41988117 DNS type 'mx' lookup of baikalminer.com responded with code NOERROR

unless they changed it their support is [email protected] (see their page www.baikalminer.com) to confirm this is still true

brad

edit: Guess it is [email protected]

April 28, 2017, 12:35:30 AM
getting worse,

send from gmail.

Error Icon
Address not found
The response was:

April 27, 2017, 11:21:14 PM
When the lights always flashing it can be only 2 things no network found from the miner (maybe check Router settings) or and this issue i haved the Image on sd card is broken!  If you want i can give you my downloaded Image for try!

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

yes im intested to try your image.
please give the download link.

the problem is not the internet connection/router.
i have changethe LAN cable, different LAN port even different router (Dlink and Mikrotik)
Those LAN port is fine, it works fine with the Cube and Desktop PC.

both of the LAN connector LED (RJ45) is lit from the first time i turn it on.
so i think this is a hardware problem.
but who knows ...

regards,

What is the power supply you are using? 12v 5a?

Enermax Tomahawk ATX PSU.

I had the SAME problem you did.

Only flashing, i pluged in a HDMI to orange PI and it was giving error set cpu frequency. I belive is that what you see too.

First thing i did to stop flashing and get it to get an IP assigned was change the power supply.
Try using a regular 12v 8A power supply, not an ATX power supply.

The other problem of not showing the ip on the router, its actually a router problem, i couldn't figure it out what was wrong with the router, so i swtiched routers and got it to work, so that is what you need to do.
Replace the power supply and maybe put a switch between the mini and your router and it should fix your problem completely

Hope that works for you as well.

okay drsub,
i will try change the psu.
the first psu was 350W bulk atx psu.
works for about a month.
then i change to enermax. its not working.
switch back to old atx psu, still not working.
i will try a switching adapter today.
hopefully it will work.

tks,
Activity: 332
April 27, 2017, 11:07:32 PM
When the lights always flashing it can be only 2 things no network found from the miner (maybe check Router settings) or and this issue i haved the Image on sd card is broken!  If you want i can give you my downloaded Image for try!

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

i have changethe LAN cable, different LAN port even different router (Dlink and Mikrotik)

but who knows ...

regards,

I had the SAME problem you did.

Only flashing, i pluged in a HDMI to orange PI and it was giving error set cpu frequency. I belive is that what you see too.

First thing i did to stop flashing and get it to get an IP assigned was change the power supply.
Try using a regular 12v 8A power supply, not an ATX power supply.

The other problem of not showing the ip on the router, its actually a router problem, i couldn't figure it out what was wrong with the router, so i swtiched routers and got it to work, so that is what you need to do.
Replace the power supply and maybe put a switch between the mini and your router and it should fix your problem completely

Hope that works for you as well.
April 27, 2017, 10:34:01 PM

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

but who knows ...

regards,

Activity: 332
April 27, 2017, 10:32:34 PM

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

but who knows ...

regards,

April 27, 2017, 10:06:07 PM

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

but who knows ...

regards,
April 27, 2017, 10:03:22 PM
hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

anyone can help?

You can try a firmware reflash.  I have no idea how successful that is likely to be.  It is just something that occurs to me as an option.  See my post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18644199

There is a link to the manual for the cube which contains instructions on how to flash the firmware.  Actually now that I think about it, scroll above my post in that thread and check out the first two posts as well.

dear not.you,

my miner is baikal mini miner, not cube.
and i have tried to change the sd card with another one.
image from baikal gdrive, as mentioned above.

it still wont start mining.

I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.  If you bought it from baikal you can try sending an email to [email protected] but I don't expect you to have much luck with that.  You could also try bugging them on skype, but again, they suck at communication in general so that may not be helpful.

When you tried the different pi image did you make sure and get the one for the mini? The cube one and the mini one are different.

Also did you look here? https://github.com/baikalminer/multi-algo-miner

There is a user guide for the mini and firmware and pi image.  Should be some things you can try from all that.

okay i will try that link,  thank you.
about the orangepi image, this is the link they gave me :
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B1GBwN5-i39VbDM0ZW4wTlU4OWc
both image came with the same result.

and yes, i have try email to [email protected], [email protected], skype and this forum.
none of them reply my question.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
April 27, 2017, 11:51:19 AM
When the lights always flashing it can be only 2 things no network found from the miner (maybe check Router settings) or and this issue i haved the Image on sd card is broken!  If you want i can give you my downloaded Image for try!

Regards Lafu
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
April 27, 2017, 11:43:36 AM
hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

anyone can help?

You can try a firmware reflash.  I have no idea how successful that is likely to be.  It is just something that occurs to me as an option.  See my post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18644199

There is a link to the manual for the cube which contains instructions on how to flash the firmware.  Actually now that I think about it, scroll above my post in that thread and check out the first two posts as well.

dear not.you,

I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.  If you bought it from baikal you can try sending an email to [email protected] but I don't expect you to have much luck with that.  You could also try bugging them on skype, but again, they suck at communication in general so that may not be helpful.

When you tried the different pi image did you make sure and get the one for the mini? The cube one and the mini one are different.

Also did you look here? https://github.com/baikalminer/multi-algo-miner

There is a user guide for the mini and firmware and pi image.  Should be some things you can try from all that.
April 27, 2017, 09:17:32 AM
hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

anyone can help?

dear not.you,

Activity: 689
Merit: 253
April 27, 2017, 08:25:35 AM
What is the extranonce feature of the new cubes and when should I use it? I mainly mine P2Pool

I'm curious about this as well
April 27, 2017, 05:17:07 AM
hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

anyone can help?

The problem is your power supply.
You must use a 12v 5a power supply or better. If you are using already a 5A, change to a 12v 8A and it will fix your problem.
I had the exact same issue and i fixed by changing the power supply. Guaranted it will work!

i have tried using other psu.
my first psu was a 400W atx psu. it works fine for a month.
then i try a 500W enermax psu, still the same result for both psu.

any other suggestion?
Pages:
Jump to: