Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON? - page 22. (Read 27820 times)

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
March 20, 2017, 03:50:37 PM
Patience, nobody wants to hear that, but you don't pop out miners like toasters unless you somehow anticipated this massive run up in the price of the coins that are mined.  I am sure Baikal is caught just as flat footed on this as everyone else. 

I am sure they are scrambling trying to get more miners built and in a large enough volume to meet the demand.  And at the same time they have to worry that if they place a massive order to only have the price of the coins to collapse and then they are left holding the bag for miners they cannot sell.  This is a tough spot to be in if you think about it. 

I agree. The conspiracy theories are getting ridiculous. They JUST had some in stock about 2 weeks ago, I ordered at the end of February and received in March., They ran out, they are producing more. Baikal has done nothing so far to lower confidence in them. They are obviously overwhelmed.

Have patience. The FOMO you guys have is ridiculous.

Guys listen, I am a reasonable guy, even though the gear sells itself I actively helped promote to sell over 1000 miners. they could at least let me know what they are doing?

I understand they are having trouble keeping up with the demand of these money printers, but just a little transparency would be amazing
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
March 20, 2017, 03:37:25 PM
Patience, nobody wants to hear that, but you don't pop out miners like toasters unless you somehow anticipated this massive run up in the price of the coins that are mined.  I am sure Baikal is caught just as flat footed on this as everyone else. 

I am sure they are scrambling trying to get more miners built and in a large enough volume to meet the demand.  And at the same time they have to worry that if they place a massive order to only have the price of the coins to collapse and then they are left holding the bag for miners they cannot sell.  This is a tough spot to be in if you think about it. 

I agree. The conspiracy theories are getting ridiculous. They JUST had some in stock about 2 weeks ago, I ordered at the end of February and received in March., They ran out, they are producing more. Baikal has done nothing so far to lower confidence in them. They are obviously overwhelmed.

Have patience. The FOMO you guys have is ridiculous.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
March 20, 2017, 03:26:45 PM

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
March 20, 2017, 03:22:35 PM
Maybe it's another BitFury idea where htye produce miners and mine themselves using good equipment.
I'm assuming that bitfury's 16nm chips have been with them for a while and they came to the idea that they wanted to sell them when they got the next ones (but still haven't really sold anything - as far as I can tell). (EDIT: sidehack did recently confirm that they had some of these mining chips though).
They may be creating good chips and then mining with them themselves before offering them to community a while later and taking investments in the meanwhile.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
March 20, 2017, 03:22:03 PM
Maybe there is self-mining in process because of the DASH price rising?

Or possibly there is a lack of chips needed for miners.
Activity: 794
Merit: 272
March 20, 2017, 03:14:50 PM
I have been in fairly frequent contact with them as well and I have grown quite irritated in getting the same answer thrown at me. I will attempt to coax even a little information out of them by saying I am going to take my money elsewhere and purchase different equipment. It wouldn't really be a lie since I am already considering just setting up some GPU rigs instead even though the ROI is not as good the equipment will still retain at least a modicum amount of resale value. My guess is they are not mining with them since I am monitoring the network hash rate and it seems largely unchanged from before. They either don't want to cause a buying frenzy with an announcement or they have a new product that will drop sometime fairly soon.  
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
March 20, 2017, 02:59:18 PM
 Hey all,

I am getting waves and waves of messages from people regarding baikal miners

let me be clear - baikals are sold out world wide.

I am creating this thread for the community to get together and speculate what is actually happening right now.

Baikal is not telling me any information except "several weeks"

I try to ask questions such as:

1. will there be more batches?

2. When will the next batch be available?

3. what stage of production is the current batch in?

4. Is there new products in development?

5. is baikal mining themselves (they say no)

the only 2 answers I am getting are:

"several weeks" and "we are not mining"

seems plenty of people are suspicious of the behavior of baikal lately and we just want some answers.

I really helped promoto and to support baikal but it seems like they want nothing to do with the community here

please speculate and let me know any intel that you have

we need more x11 mining manufacturers to start up......when you have a cash cow you just dont stop producing it with no explanation to the customers. even if they came to us and said listen the goods are still 1 month away but they ARE ON THE WAY. that would be better than NO INFORMATION and "SEVERAL WEEKS".....after several weeks then what?Huh? will they start producing or will the product be ready?
Pages:
Jump to: