Pages:
Author

Topic: Battlecoin.org - Multiplayer bomberman clone - page 4. (Read 27468 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
But will the site at least remain active? I enjoy playing some games. Btw I tested in Google Chrome and it was smoother, definitely playable and I don't get the glitches mentioned before on Firefox.

I hope you can get the ball running in the future once Bitcoin is more mainstream, im sure this type of skill based game will be a massive hit eventually.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Hey ppl, a sad anouncement today, I decided to halt the development of battlecoin and get a dayjob, I'm too poor and website is not earning enough yet, and searching for investors seems like a very slow route. (will keep looking so something might change in the following months, we'll see)

will get back to it, and work on it when I catch time, but won't have the time to work on it full time even though I really love this project.

Sad news to hear, i think you could have benefited from offering more skill games for bitcoin betting but i guess its difficult if you are trying to work on getting 1 finished and no investment.  Perhaps even more simple popular p2p games where people can play for bitcoin? Good luck in future.
Activity: 640
Hey ppl, a sad anouncement today, I decided to halt the development of battlecoin and get a dayjob, I'm too poor and website is not earning enough yet, and searching for investors seems like a very slow route.

will get back to it, and work on it when I catch time, but won't have the time to work on it full time even though I really love this project.

I haven't learned about your site until now, and I really like it a lot. It is a sad news that you don't get much profit from it and have to stop working on it full time, but I can totally understand and respect your decision. Good luck to you and your site.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
Hey ppl, a sad anouncement today, I decided to halt the development of battlecoin and get a dayjob, I'm too poor and website is not earning enough yet, and searching for investors seems like a very slow route. (will keep looking so something might change in the following months, we'll see)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
its a really interesting game and i think that it will be very popular in the future, its a pity that it does not have a lot of players to play with at the moment
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Wow this gambling game is very fun. Much better then dice, and it's skill based too! I would like to see more skill based gambling games in the future/

Yeah its good stuff we need more gambling options this good for sure.  Just checked in a minute ago and the site has some great improvements and graphics.  Would like to see a slight improvement in gameplay but sure it will come Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
Wow this gambling game is very fun. Much better then dice, and it's skill based too! I would like to see more skill based gambling games in the future/
Activity: 560
Well the thing isnt to win only but have fun and challenging others i made some satoshis already playing games,and i believe this games will replace faucets in the medium time.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The old classic bomberman is the favorite game of my childhood, I loved to play it and beat my friends and brothers. I hope those golden days come back, not sure if I will win some BTC via this though Wink

It is fun and addicting isn't it Smiley
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
What a great looking site, reminds me to my childhood it was a very fun time. Playing games everyday
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
The old classic bomberman is the favorite game of my childhood, I loved to play it and beat my friends and brothers. I hope those golden days come back, not sure if I will win some BTC via this though Wink
legendary
Okay so I tried again with Google Chrome, performance was better and I wasn't getting my character to make weird jumps as often, but the gameplay is still not properly smooth for bigger bets. I have noticed the "send BTC" thing in the players profiles, pretty cool.
Activity: 406
i love this game, i think it has a lot of potential on becoming one of the best pvp games that has ever been created for bitcoin, it just needs some more popularity to attract other players
legendary
I just played a game and lag glitches are still there, when I try to be snappy on the edges of the walls to turn in another direction my character appears in another place all of a sudden in the next place, I also died when I was still playing (I touched a frame of fire from an enemy bomb and nothing happened, then like 2 seconds later it said "you lost"). My ping was a decent 50ms.
 Looking forward to further updates.

very strange, didn't see anything like this and no one reported anything similar, maybe try again and see if its still there, let us know on the site (refering to the exact game so I can check it out)

in any case, tnx for the info, and working on it Smiley

I played again and it isn't any better. I think it's in fact worse than the last time I played (before the update you are talking about). There is something wrong going on. When I approach a wall, the sprite of the character appears 1 block away when I stop moving. Like I get right next to a wall, then I stop pressing the walking button and I go back 1 square. Im using Firefox. I could somehow record this in a .gif image to see what's exactly going on or something.

incredibly weird Cheesy this is definetely not normal behaviour. I think it might be a cache issue (even though the site reports the files changed to browsers and your browser should get the new version automatically) maybe your browser is using old code to interact with the new changed game. try clearing the cache? try changing browsers?

- edit

just tested it on ff, works ok on my side

I have tried deleting history, cache, I even reinstalled firefox, disabled all plugins just in case some of the plugins were causing some sort of malfunction or incompatibility, double checked that I wasnt getting packet loss because steam was updating some game, or a windows update... I don't know what else to check. I will try Google Chrome once I get back home, apaprently it works better for this game.
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
Improvements in speed really noticeable, thx for the update.

Ps: did anyone notice a new node: South African node )
Merit: 252
when did you play last time?
there was a lag update yesterday, player movement should be totally smooth and instantaneous now, is it still happening?

I played yesterday at 9pm IST. I do not know if you were updating at that time but I felt the lag tremendously. I will try it today since you have done updating I guess.

Btw what happened to your Bitcoin MineField game? (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-minefield-10-2300-winings-fully-automated-with-cool-technologies-28009)
Why did you close it down?

I really am missing it very much Sad
Sometimes the game becomes so laggy that I am unable to move my character in time resulting in either dying from opponent's bomb or getting smashed by the sudden approaching of boundary wall. Undecided

Can you explain the reason behind such lagging behavior?

Also it will be great if you implement a bonus feature like for example, collecting some bitcoins by bursting some hidden walls. Wink

when did you play last time?
there was a lag update yesterday, player movement should be totally smooth and instantaneous now, is it still happening?
Merit: 252
Sometimes the game becomes so laggy that I am unable to move my character in time resulting in either dying from opponent's bomb or getting smashed by the sudden approaching of boundary wall. Undecided

Can you explain the reason behind such lagging behavior?

Also it will be great if you implement a bonus feature like for example, collecting some bitcoins by bursting some hidden walls. Wink
I just played a game and lag glitches are still there, when I try to be snappy on the edges of the walls to turn in another direction my character appears in another place all of a sudden in the next place, I also died when I was still playing (I touched a frame of fire from an enemy bomb and nothing happened, then like 2 seconds later it said "you lost"). My ping was a decent 50ms.

very strange, didn't see anything like this and no one reported anything similar, maybe try again and see if its still there, let us know on the site (refering to the exact game so I can check it out)

I played again and it isn't any better. I think it's in fact worse than the last time I played (before the update you are talking about). There is something wrong going on. When I approach a wall, the sprite of the character appears 1 block away when I stop moving. Like I get right next to a wall, then I stop pressing the walking button and I go back 1 square. Im using Firefox. I could somehow record this in a .gif image to see what's exactly going on or something.

incredibly weird Cheesy this is definetely not normal behaviour. I think it might be a cache issue (even though the site reports the files changed to browsers and your browser should get the new version automatically) maybe your browser is using old code to interact with the new changed game. try clearing the cache? try changing browsers?

- edit

just tested it on ff, works ok on my side
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: