Pages:
Author

Topic: Battlecoin.org - Multiplayer bomberman clone - page 10. (Read 27468 times)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250
added preliminary sounds, and volume depends on the distance from the player, I really like it!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
ddos again, bigger this time, averted.

about ddos-es in general, they are a minor annoyance and completely managable, hate to waste my time on this though.

I fear this is one of the biggest annoyances in the bitcoin gambling scene at this moment. You are right about it just being an annoyance tho it just needs work to fight against it. The same is happening on pretty much every other gambling site for the longest time (usually followed by someone asking for a ransom). The sad thing is that it is pretty hard to defend against big attacks, just hope the one with the grudge will stop soon.

oh wow, so its for ransom. I was wondering why, tnx
I'll rather turn off the website and become a fisherman then give 1 satoshi to bullies. sites that payed are responsible for the problem existing in the first place.

they are doing websocket connection flood, for now I'm automatically firewalling if I get tons of connections from the same IP.
to block large ddos I can allow websockets only after a successful login and as a last resort, move to cloudflare or a similar provider. we'll see how it goes.

Some of the attacks are for ransom for sure, but some could also be the "competition" or someone who is very pissed off at bitcoin or gambling. I know sites like Bitdice are constantly under attack (i heard prc, pd and some others also). Sometimes the admin there bans like 40k IPs at once (usually less tho). But from the looks of it, just banning the IP's helps a lot.
Word of advice, if all the attacks originate from one country, and it does not let up after a longer period. Temporarily ban/block the country.

about ddos-es in general, they are a minor annoyance and completely managable, hate to waste my time on this though.

I fear this is one of the biggest annoyances in the bitcoin gambling scene at this moment. You are right about it just being an annoyance tho it just needs work to fight against it. The same is happening on pretty much every other gambling site for the longest time (usually followed by someone asking for a ransom). The sad thing is that it is pretty hard to defend against big attacks, just hope the one with the grudge will stop soon.

oh wow, so its for ransom. I was wondering why, tnx
I'll rather turn off the website and become a fisherman then give 1 satoshi to bullies. sites that payed are responsible for the problem existing in the first place.

they are doing websocket connection flood, for now I'm automatically firewalling if I get tons of connections from the same IP.
to block large ddos I can allow websockets only after a successful login and as a last resort, move to cloudflare or a similar provider. we'll see how it goes.
legendary

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Instant adiicted to the game. It´s Genial!.

Yeah, You will love it even more soon  Cool
legendary
Activity: 981
Merit: 1005
No maps for these territories
Instant adiicted to the game. It´s Genial!.
Russian hackers... typical. My steam account was hacked not long ago by some russians, but I managed to get it back.
I heard those guys are a plague, stealing accounts and trading them just to get a few bucks. They were probably hired to hit you.

the attack was too simple for a payed attack, I think its a private person Cheesy

btw, awesome news!
another dev joined in. he will be working on improving the gameplay itself (removing lag) while I'm polishing up the lobby and working on tournaments
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
we were getting attacked from two servers in russia, (opening websocket connections)

176.65.127.130 130-127-65-176.vologda.comstar-r.ru
79.175.42.136 mx3.kontinent.ru

probably owned machines, seems like they are running the same software

Russian hackers... typical. My steam account was hacked not long ago by some russians, but I managed to get it back.
I heard those guys are a plague, stealing accounts and trading them just to get a few bucks. They were probably hired to hit you.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
You are dump sir but keep watching ....

let me check the leaderboards.....

oops you are still not there Smiley

Smiley ..... keep making multiplayer games  Cool
lol true this is the only unique concept so far in bnitcoin gambling that hanst been copied so I would want more ! loll

Yeah we need more games like this i mean wow no company ever thought to make something like this this guy must be a genius ...

Not really, a lot of people thought about making multiplayer games and in fact there are a few multiplayer games with bitcoins. Nr.1 Problem: Players, if you can't make people play your game you are screwed, it's a multiplyer afterall so you obviously need more than just 1 player. Nr.2 Problem: Depending on what game, of course, but many games can be cheated easily, I would love to have chess pvp with bitcoins, unfortunately a lot of people would use engines so it wouldn't be fair.
Activity: 338
It is fun to play hahahha
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
Will you be adding a way to see all the games you've played (Lost / Won / Drawn etc)?

yes definetely, together with balance logs for the games

I'll create some kind of a forum or something, to talk to ppl, and publish the changelog and our development plan, most of the things ppl would like to see are already planned

btw there was a denial of service attack going on occasionally during the the last few days.
(whoever is doing that - whyyyyyyyy whyyyyyyyy are you doing that? lets be friends)

its been averted for now,
we don't have mechanisms to deal with ddos yet, but they are simple to put in, for the more basic attacks. will do that later today.

Great thanks, I know its not a really an important update just a useful one.

Why in the world are people ddosing your system, who the bonkers has a grudge against an awesome game and set up like this.
Will you be adding a way to see all the games you've played (Lost / Won / Drawn etc)?

yes definetely, together with balance logs for the games

I'll create some kind of a forum or something, to talk to ppl, and publish the changelog and our development plan, most of the things ppl would like to see are already planned

btw there was a denial of service attack going on occasionally during the the last few days.
(whoever is doing that - whyyyyyyyy whyyyyyyyy are you doing that? lets be friends)

its been averted for now,
we don't have mechanisms to deal with ddos yet, but they are simple to put in, for the more basic attacks. will do that later today.

we were getting attacked from two servers in russia, (opening websocket connections)

176.65.127.130 130-127-65-176.vologda.comstar-r.ru
79.175.42.136 mx3.kontinent.ru

probably owned machines, seems like they are running the same software
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
just found a youtube video with example gamplay, thanks EZ-Tech!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=optM40duBF0

if anyone wants to compare, to see how the game should ideally run (low ping, good machine)

That's good! Nice smooth gameplay, Mine plays like that sometimes (Of course I'm UK based so EU server) but even it if delays a little, it doesn't stop me playing it!

just found a youtube video with example gamplay, thanks EZ-Tech!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=optM40duBF0

if anyone wants to compare, to see how the game should ideally run (low ping, good machine)
legendary
Activity: 809
Merit: 1000
I lost last 8 game , bored  Shocked Cheesy
legendary
well let the arcade games begin... ! put pac man .. maybe tanks

wow tanks would be amazing  Smiley

Tank could be really cool! I really enjoyed it back in the day, it could be interesting i think.

Yeah we need more games like this i mean wow no company ever thought to make something like this this guy must be a genius ...

Why are you so sour about the game ? Did OP take your business idea or don't you really have anything else to do with your life. If you wanted to warn everyone, consider it done, we all know the risks of MP games have especially if money is involved. 
Activity: 112

lol true this is the only unique concept so far in bnitcoin gambling that hanst been copied so I would want more ! loll

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

Activity: 79
well let the arcade games begin... ! put pac man .. maybe tanks

wow tanks would be amazing  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: