Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 111. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
very quiet here

we're watching ringCT proliferate on Monero's network, seeing how well that goes

How well is it actually going?

the fork went fine, decent prep time, some users aren't prepared to use ringct and are turning it off but this looks like an adjustment period

Yeah was checking it earlier about 65% using, be mandatory soon enough. Probably the price of 0.1XMR preventing all transactions using it.
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
very quiet here

we're watching ringCT proliferate on Monero's network, seeing how well that goes

the fork went fine, decent prep time, some users aren't prepared to use ringct and are turning it off but this looks like an adjustment period
very quiet here

Activist Investor
very quiet here

legendary
Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000
very quiet here
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Greetings,

Our latest BBR price action analysis is available: https://coinopoly.xyz/boolberry-price-bbrbtc-consolidate/
What is "LD project"?

LD is short for Louisd'or - the codename for the proposed hybrid PoW/PoS cryptonote project crypto_zoidberg plans on merging into BBR. We've covered the surrounding speculation in-depth in the following article https://coinopoly.xyz/monero-boolberry-and-the-return-of-crypto_zoidberg/

but louisd'or was never launched, why?

While we don't presume to speak for crypto_zoidberg, we can speculate on numerous reasons why he chose not to launch it as a separate project.

First: Our understanding (from researching early BBR and LD threads) is that it was originally going to be a separate project, then at some point the repository was changed to private. From there it most likely became a testbed where cz and co have been actively working on it since his hiatus from BBR. Upon his return to the thread he stated he would be merging the work he's done into the BBR codebase.

My work is related to BBR codebase, which means that everything i do now gonna be migrated to BBR.

Unless proven otherwise we can assume his "related work" is the concepts from the LD project.

Second: Launching a currency project and successfully building a lasting community around it is no small feat. BBR is already listed on the two major altcoin exchanges and already has name recognition within the crypto community. In todays world, without major distribution on these exchanges a project is basically dead in the water. Even more so given Poloniex's currency controls that have a large amount of BTC trapped on the exchange.

Third: There are early Dash, XMR and Shadow whales who've taken up positions in this project. In our view, it can bridge a gap between the three by offering something that appeals to all communities. If LD were launched as a separate project it would alienate the investors who've been holding and supporting the project since its inception.
Probably best to forget about CZ and merging anything from Louisd'or.

Louisd'or was never launched, despite promises late 2015 and early 2016. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482.120

Can anyone produce evidence that Louisd'or is/was ever more than just a bitcointalk thread?!

iirc someone said on the thread that they had tried the wallet for it but i have never seen anything for it, and Louisd'or was only a codename as far as i'm aware.
I certainly don't hang my all my hopes on CZ return as 1block and javajared are working away on it. Also as 1block has just stated on his recent post he is working on adding another C++ dev. With the codebase being so unique i think it has taken a bit more time than expected to get to grips with it.
SebSebastian from SDC is also contributing and 1block has been getting interest from others too...
Activity: 168
What is "LD project"?

LD is short for Louisd'or - the codename for the proposed hybrid PoW/PoS cryptonote project crypto_zoidberg plans on merging into BBR. We've covered the surrounding speculation in-depth in the following article https://coinopoly.xyz/monero-boolberry-and-the-return-of-crypto_zoidberg/

Probably because the db c++ work needed for both would take months, and CZ stated that he needed $ at the time.

Apparently getting BBR out of ram is no easy feat, and that appears to be the same point we are at now.
Activity: 450
Probably best to forget about CZ and merging anything from Louisd'or.

Louisd'or was never launched, despite promises late 2015 and early 2016. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482.120

Can anyone produce evidence that Louisd'or is/was ever more than just a bitcointalk thread?!
legendary
What is "LD project"?

What is "LD project"?

Have you any more information you can give on the interview with CZ? Has the interview already taken place or has there been an arrangement to conduct an interview? If so have you any idea when? Thanks
What is "LD project"?

legendary
why not trying to join hitbtc? good exchange for cryptonotes
Activist Investor
cross posting here - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17403779

Boolberry Network Address January 4, 2017

This is more of a summary of events and what is happening, as there has not been much software development over the holidays.

Poloniex and Seed nodes
Poloniex's Boolberry daemon was down and I messaged them about how to start the daemon with seed nodes. There was information to suggest that Poloniex migrated some daemons to new computational environments last week, and as such their Boolberry daemon likely lacked the ability to connect to peers with its built in seed nodes being offline. The problem is fixed on Poloniex's end now, and this reiterates why the updates I am pursuing to the Boolberry client's seed node resolving is important.

GUI
Monero officially released their GUI and it is written in the QT framework. A few contributors to the Boolberry project have offered designs for a Boolberry wallet that could possibly be reskinned over the Monero GUI, or separate QT GUI project.

Additional C++ Dev
I've been working on getting an additional C++ dev to contribute to the project. We will see soon if the project is right for them.

Market
The Boolberry market has had a low and steady amount of order depth and volume over the last month. Although not rising with the bitcoin rally, the last matched prices remain the same, ultimately increasing the value of BBR supply as it is priced in bitcoin. At some points in time the market seems to have an inverse relationship, but not at this point in time, likely coupled with the confidence that Monero's own rally inspires.

I routinely get messages from people that want to contribute in various capacities, the Boolberry project is getting more and more attention as people see the technology here.

The blockchain is going to soon be too prohibitive for 32-bit systems, and getting that into the database out of RAM is also an ongoing effort.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
I wonder if Boolberry can profit from the current anonymous coin trend, too.

Monero, DASH and now ShadowCash are rising higher than average.

need major update to catch some attention
3 months ago bbr was dead

Bi-Weekly update is due out today from 1blockologist, time to start spreading the word BBR is under development and lots in the pipeline. Maybe direct people to the slack so they can engage with the devs and community members who are all working on progressing BBR.

Would be nice if there was a slack/IRC bridge bot to the freenode #boolberry channel, for those of us who don't use slack.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Bi-Weekly update is due out today from 1blockologist, time to start spreading the word BBR is under development and lots in the pipeline. Maybe direct people to the slack so they can engage with the devs and community members who are all working on progressing BBR.

News of cz coming back to join forces with blockologist would give a big boost.

legendary
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

Jump to: