Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 114. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Greetings fellow traders,

We're working on an in-depth interview with crypto_zoidberg that we'll be publishing on coinopoly.xyz in the near future. The goal of the interview is to help bring clarity to the speculation surrounding the future of Boolberry.

Hows this progressing?

Any news at all?

Seasons Greetings,

Stay tuned, we'll update everyone with a published copy as soon as we're finished. Historically, the end of the year hasn't been kind to altcoin related news as most traders are AFK and this is even more relevant with Bitcoin's recent break this morning that's caused a bloodbath for altcoins. We've highlighted the key takeaways in the following article below. We've also included a sneak preview of the efforts being made behind the scenes towards the next update.

https://coinopoly.xyz/bbrbtc-boolberry-facelift/

Thanks for the update, very positive article on your site too.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

We're working on an in-depth interview with crypto_zoidberg that we'll be publishing on coinopoly.xyz in the near future. The goal of the interview is to help bring clarity to the speculation surrounding the future of Boolberry.

Hows this progressing?

Any news at all?

Seasons Greetings,

Stay tuned, we'll update everyone with a published copy as soon as we're finished. Historically, the end of the year hasn't been kind to altcoin related news as most traders are AFK and this is even more relevant with Bitcoin's recent break this morning that's caused a bloodbath for altcoins. We've highlighted the key takeaways in the following article below. We've also included a sneak preview of the efforts being made behind the scenes towards the next update.

https://coinopoly.xyz/bbrbtc-boolberry-facelift/
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Hows this progressing?

Any news at all?
Activity: 193

Hows this progressing?
Activity: 463
Merit: 256
is there miner optimized for nvidia pascal available?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
BBR a strong competitor for XMR
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
Would HF be required if only changing default mixin to 1 or 2 in daemon, not necessarily changing protocol?

It wouldn't be required then, and probably worth entertaining

so although that would probably solve 99% of use cases, people - or someone destined to try to introduce unnecessarily weak inputs to the network - could still send raw transactions with low mixins. The way to stop that would be to have nodes reject transactions formed that way, which is where the hard fork comes into play.

There are legit reasons to have low mixin transactions, such as with low value (dust) transactions. But possibly the daemon can evaluate when it is ok to let a user form that kind of transaction, client side.
Activity: 168
Would HF be required if only changing default mixin to 1 or 2 in daemon, not necessarily changing protocol?
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

And just out of curiousity, how big is BBR blockchain atm?

Just synced up on Ubuntu - about 3.5 GB.
Activity: 649
That's very interesting. It seems that Kovri might not be needed at BBR, not sure if node gets enough data for any analysis after new XMR update.

Well, it would be possible to identify where the tx was broadcast from. With monerom the main plan is to broadcast through clearnet as well as i2p and that way hide the originating node.

kovri exists here - https://github.com/monero-project/kovri

just fyi, RingCT would require a hardfork, and blocking mixin 0 and mixin 1 would require a hardfork.

boolberry has the address aliasing, as well as a method of reducing blockchain bloat, making it more scalable in that way against monero and other cryptonote networks

Do you guys know https://www.openalias.org/

And just out of curiousity, how big is BBR blockchain atm?
Until i2p implemented, user can use VPN thru TOR (as opposed to TOR thru VPN) + BBR wallet send tx or rec tx for near perfect anonymity it seems  (after XMR update)
That's very interesting. It seems that Kovri might not be needed at BBR, not sure if node gets enough data for any analysis after new XMR update.
Activist Investor

Also, if the bbr sender chooses no mixin, does the tx become publicly viewable?

Thanks!

It's still not really publicly viewable because cryptonote uses stealth addresses for all transactions, but it's less anonymous than with mixin 4 I guess.

So that option breaks unlinkability.. does that mean their is an inherent systemic risk via that channel?

Is it fair to say that BBR network is part public / part private as is rt now? Will this chg with upcoming XMR to BBR port?

You need to read this:

https://lab.getmonero.org/pubs/MRL-0004.pdf

That's awesome! Thanks bro. I read that and dl cryptonote paper 2 and its seems to me that BBR will need, in addition to daemon fix + blockchain in level or rockdb, XMR ringCT+2 other fix, kovri and i2p to truly be anonymous. Do u think the same?

So only real difference between XMR and BBR is Algo + Algo mods

Also, Does anyone know size of BBR scratchpad currently?

kovri exists here - https://github.com/monero-project/kovri

just fyi, RingCT would require a hardfork, and blocking mixin 0 and mixin 1 would require a hardfork.

boolberry has the address aliasing, as well as a method of reducing blockchain bloat, making it more scalable in that way against monero and other cryptonote networks

Thanks!

It's still not really publicly viewable because cryptonote uses stealth addresses for all transactions, but it's less anonymous than with mixin 4 I guess.

So that option breaks unlinkability.. does that mean their is an inherent systemic risk via that channel?

Is it fair to say that BBR network is part public / part private as is rt now? Will this chg with upcoming XMR to BBR port?

You need to read this:

That's awesome! Thanks bro. I read that and dl cryptonote paper 2 and its seems to me that BBR will need, in addition to daemon fix + blockchain in level or rockdb, XMR ringCT+2 other fix, kovri and i2p to truly be anonymous. Do u think the same?

So only real difference between XMR and BBR is Algo + Algo mods

Also, Does anyone know size of BBR scratchpad currently?

Thanks!

You need to read this:

Activist Investor

Thanks!

This was a common critique of XMR as well. They updated to make the network no longer accept mixin 0 and mixin 1 transactions except for dust.

This change is also on my roadmap. But we'll see.

Thanks!

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Thanks!

It makes sense. Do you see hundreds of bots pushing up the price on polo?

Thanks!
Jump to: