Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 119. (Read 1210749 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
<
1block calls his fork "Rune edition."  IS THAT ENOUGH PROOF FOR YOU?>

No. Actually that is not proof of anything to me, that is why I asked. Your non-specific assertions are baseless and amount to FUD from my perspective.

What do you believe 1blockologist is a part of or has done that is bad?

What is the problem with BBR emission?

Are you saying it's just a random coincidence that a group of people were pushing for a rebrand to Rune that failed, and then another group begins a Rune edition after CZ abandons the project?

I specifically said I don't know anything about 1block, other than he's obviously associated with the previous failed push for a Rune (LOL skinheads LOL Aryans LOL white power LOL trenchcoats LOL basement dwellers LOL neckbeards LOL ELFQUEST LOL) rebrand.

Ok So what if 1blockologist is part of that rebrand group?

Why should anyone really care? It looks like the price is the same as when 1block "took over", and people are talking about BBR at least.

What we need is solid codebase work, but no one seems competent enough to make substantial changes.

The team that was working with CZ in the past on BBR seems uncommitted at this point, so who accumulates coins and such seems irrelevant.

I was going to say the problem with Rune Edition is that it's a horrible name, as we discussed ad nauseam and decided as a community over a year ago.

But I was wrong about that.  Rune, with it's dorky/icky/ridiculous connotations, is the PERFECT name for internet nerd money.   Cheesy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
<

No. Actually that is not proof of anything to me, that is why I asked. Your non-specific assertions are baseless and amount to FUD from my perspective.

Are you saying it's just a random coincidence that a group of people were pushing for a rebrand to Rune that failed, and then another group begins a Rune edition after CZ abandons the project?

I specifically said I don't know anything about 1block, other than he's obviously associated with the previous failed push for a Rune (LOL skinheads LOL Aryans LOL white power LOL trenchcoats LOL basement dwellers LOL neckbeards LOL ELFQUEST LOL) rebrand.

Ok So what if 1blockologist is part of that rebrand group?

Why should anyone really care? It looks like the price is the same as when 1block "took over", and people are talking about BBR at least.

What we need is solid codebase work, but no one seems competent enough to make substantial changes.

The team that was working with CZ in the past on BBR seems uncommitted at this point, so who accumulates coins and such seems irrelevant.

legendary
<

<

legendary
All that stuff about CZ coming back once he finished Louis d'or never happened.  The fact he's collecting a dev tax is terrible optics, if not ethics.  Even if he returns now, people will suspect he was intentionally running the price down to accumulate.

STOP!

You are not speaking for me! Without proof this a mobbing attack against CZ. It is ONLY YOUR opinion, as long as no other person agrees to you.

Beside this, CZ can sell his coins whenever he want, if he concludes, that the coin becomes worthless.

Louis d'or is abandoned:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482.140
https://github.com/cryptobender/lui

The dev tax is controversial, people cheered when 1block removed it from his fork.

I didn't say "all people, especially kneim" so you may calm your tits.

You shouldn't speak to childs this way, asshole.

Whenever you speak in the name of "people", I want to known who are them.

Make up your mind.  You can't accuse me of a "mobbing attack" *AND* claim nobody agrees with me.  That not how it works.

Again, I didn't say "all people" so you may calm your tits and stop accusing me of speaking for you.

Sorry for hurting your delicate feelings with my unforgivable speculative opinion!   Roll Eyes

How awful of me to share my thoughts when politely asked to by crypjunkie and Divorcion!   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
All that stuff about CZ coming back once he finished Louis d'or never happened.  The fact he's collecting a dev tax is terrible optics, if not ethics.  Even if he returns now, people will suspect he was intentionally running the price down to accumulate.

STOP!

You are not speaking for me! Without proof this a mobbing attack against CZ. It is ONLY YOUR opinion, as long as no other person agrees to you.

Beside this, CZ can sell his coins whenever he want, if he concludes, that the coin becomes worthless.

Louis d'or is abandoned:

The dev tax is controversial, people cheered when 1block removed it from his fork.

You shouldn't speak to childs this way, asshole.

Whenever you speak in the name of "people", I want to known who are them.
legendary

STOP!

Louis d'or is abandoned:

<,1Blockologist is shady and part of the Rune (LOL Vikings LOL death metal LOL D&D LOL Druids LOL) crew>>

What crew is this? Are you saying that 1blockologist was/is involved with shady crypto pump&dumps? Proof?

1block calls his fork "Rune edition."  IS THAT ENOUGH PROOF FOR YOU?

Relevant:

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_does_%27squeal_like_a_stuck_pig%27_mean
<,1Blockologist is shady and part of the Rune (LOL Vikings LOL death metal LOL D&D LOL Druids LOL) crew>>

What crew is this? Are you saying that 1blockologist was/is involved with shady crypto pump&dumps? Proof?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

STOP!

legendary
iCEBREAKER, WINDJC, papa_lazzarou, It's really good to see you guy's back on the Boolberry thread again and talking about boolberry, I've been accumulating BBR for the past 3-4 months and have considered myself lucky to find this coin with such good possibilities for future development. So far i have found that there seems to be a bit of a divided community since 1Blockologist has came on the scene, bit like new and old members. Have you all still got a vested interest in the coin and are any of you still open to further development of the coin? What's your thought's on things as they stand and expectations for the future? Doe's anyone see CZ coming back and if so what way will that effect be on  the community that has been building slowly since 1block has came on the scene? Any thoughts would be good, cheers....

The Good:

I still am fond the idea of blockchain-based PoW, as it aligns incentives which otherwise may at best fail to be mutual reinforcing or at worst may conflict.  However, I've also come to reject the entire notion of raising the barriers to ASIC production, as that arms race makes the market less competitive/perfect.  Simple PoWs like sha256 are best, so there is (at least initially) a more level playing field.

The nice thing about being at rock bottom abandonware status is there is nowhere to go but up.

Near-death experiences are good for a coin's antifragility, if it survives.  And CZ is still alive and posting, so he could return.

Plus there is a loyal community and the occasional new user/investor, as your post demonstrates.

The Bad:

All that stuff about CZ coming back once he finished Louis d'or never happened.  The fact he's collecting a dev tax is terrible optics, if not ethics.  Even if he returns now, people will suspect he was intentionally running the price down to accumulate.

1Blockologist is shady and part of the Rune (LOL Vikings LOL death metal LOL D&D LOL Druids LOL) crew.  He's not getting along with CZ, although I am not 100% sure he's not CZ and just playing Sybil to get his way on the rejected Rune rebrand.

Development is light years (IE 1000s of programmer hours) behind Monero (especially), Duck/Dark/DigitalNote, and maybe even Bytecoin.

Exchange volume is trivial.  Despite my emotional investment in admiring their technology, I got out of the hobby coins lacking critical mass and useful trade volume (BBR, XCN, XPM, VIA).

The Ugly:

I expect the price will continue to drop as emission dilutes waning investor interest, in standard altcoin fashion.

If left as is, BBR will be lack many significant features vs Monero (RingCT, LMDB, integrated address, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc).

The only path forward would be to fork Monero (or maybe Bytecoin) and replace the PoW with Wild Keccak, but IDK if CZ would be willing to swallow is pride and take that step, much less stick around to keep BBR updated with the latest commits.

The Worst:

Bytecoin, Duck/Dark/DigitalNote, and BBR are suspected to all be creations of the same group, and all display the same damning characteristic of manipulative emission.

BCN had a faked early emission, XDN had a ridiculously quick emission, and BBR while being fairly launched with a slow emission has been seemingly abandoned for most of the last 2 years, which as kept the volume low and price depressed (pumps and dumps notwithstanding).

Conclusion:

If you want to invest in a legit Cryptonote coin, Monero and Aeon are the only two options AFAIK.

Isn't it true that once the db is rebased and out of ram, that each update from that point on should be a lot easier?

No, because that's just one small piece of the puzzle. The db is "just" the way the blockchain data is stored. It is completely independent of the protocol, and the protocol is completely independent from the database.

Not meaning to spam but here's a not comprehensive list of changes from Bytecoin codebase:
Forget it, it is too big to list. Just check the changes on the releases page in github

(If anyone takes offense with this I will be happy to remove it)

This will never be accomplished without a several people working on it.

Okay great. How can assembling such a team be best accomplished? Should we divide up responsibilities and use a crowdfunding or subscription model to fund dev efforts?
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
iCEBREAKER, WINDJC, papa_lazzarou, It's really good to see you guy's back on the Boolberry thread again and talking about boolberry, I've been accumulating BBR for the past 3-4 months and have considered myself lucky to find this coin with such good possibilities for future development. So far i have found that there seems to be a bit of a divided community since 1Blockologist has came on the scene, bit like new and old members. Have you all still got a vested interest in the coin and are any of you still open to further development of the coin? What's your thought's on things as they stand and expectations for the future? Doe's anyone see CZ coming back and if so what way will that effect be on  the community that has been building slowly since 1block has came on the scene? Any thoughts would be good, cheers....

As I said above, the more successful CN coins there is the better. And it is even better when they're not just dumb forks of the existing ones but actually add value and diversity to the ecosystem.

That being said, I don't have a significant role in monero and don't see how I would be useful in BBR. And I also think that we are all better off without significant community overlap.

Activity: 171

Interesting questions which also would like to ask and i bump it again.
Activity: 649

Isn't it true that once the db is rebased and out of ram, that each update from that point on should be a lot easier?

No, because that's just one small piece of the puzzle. The db is "just" the way the blockchain data is stored. It is completely independent of the protocol, and the protocol is completely independent from the database.

Not meaning to spam but here's a not comprehensive list of changes from Bytecoin codebase:
Forget it, it is too big to list. Just check the changes on the releases page in github

(If anyone takes offense with this I will be happy to remove it)

This will never be accomplished without a several people working on it.

slb
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
I can help you build an independent blockchain explorer if there is enough interest (in form of bounties).
Chainradar's Boolberry block explorer and info has been down since the beginning of October. I've been attempting to contact them about this to no avail (through their contact form).

Anyone else know how to reach those guys?

The reason this is important is because several services use Chainradar as a source for what the block height is, as well as how many Boolberry there are in existence.

Minergate is aware that there is a problem, but has yet to fix it. I contacted them and they are having their dev team look at it

It is interesting that minergate and chainradar both stopped at the exact same tx:

Height   Timestamp (UTC)   Size   Transactions   Hash
623703   2016-10-06 10:38:11 (2 months ago)

Chainradar doesn't seem to respond via email.
Activity: 887
how to see private key from my wallet?
Activity: 432
Merit: 251

Thanks for that information. Very interesting news. Would it be worth considering forking to cryptonight. Then again i guess it isn't or else they would have done it by now. Anyway good news about CZ possibly getting involved again. A friend of mine (who is much smarter than myself and knows some thing about this at a deeper level than I do) once told me he suspected that CZ was one of the very smartest devs on this board.

The POW algo is not a problem. And I find the it one of the strengths in BBR. Diversification is good. 

The real problem is the massive divergence of the Monero code related to standard CN.

Would it make sense to change the PoW to a different algorithm - one that is used more widely than wild Keccak? That seems to be the bottleneck here in the dev efforts, no one understands the BBR codebase well enough

Maybe BBR could implement a (Wild) Keccak/Cryptonight hybrid , which could allow for easier future XMR updates, but with pruning and more botnet resistance than Cryptonight

So then... why don't just focus on AEON?

Thanks for that information. Very interesting news. Would it be worth considering forking to cryptonight. Then again i guess it isn't or else they would have done it by now. Anyway good news about CZ possibly getting involved again. A friend of mine (who is much smarter than myself and knows some thing about this at a deeper level than I do) once told me he suspected that CZ was one of the very smartest devs on this board.

The POW algo is not a problem. And I find the it one of the strengths in BBR. Diversification is good.  

The real problem is the massive divergence of the Monero code related to standard CN.

Would it make sense to change the PoW to a different algorithm - one that is used more widely than wild Keccak? That seems to be the bottleneck here in the dev efforts, no one understands the BBR codebase well enough

Maybe BBR could implement a (Wild) Keccak/Cryptonight hybrid , which could allow for easier future XMR updates, but with pruning and more botnet resistance than Cryptonight
Activity: 193
Jump to: