Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 123. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Hi there!
Are there any news coming? Look like is pumping again or what?

maybe some speculators just anticipate the bi-weekly updates these days!

posted here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16695368
Thank you!
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
Hi there!

maybe some speculators just anticipate the bi-weekly updates these days!

posted here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16695368
Activity: 60
Hi there!
Activist Investor
Is there a way to differentiate blocks mined with rune edition versus zoidberg client? Anyone making an estimate on nodes running rune versus original client? Would be interesting to see some actual numbers...

Didn't think of doing it that way, but one RPC server update will put client version information in the node metadata. They currently don't report much

I'd like to be able to show health of the network and the nodes, what you have in mind will also be visible too
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Is there a way to differentiate blocks mined with rune edition versus zoidberg client? Anyone making an estimate on nodes running rune versus original client? Would be interesting to see some actual numbers...
Activist Investor

The critics - and there are only a couple - are people that have no ability to contribute to the code, no resources to mine, and I doubt their positions in Boolberry are enough to influence the market when their confidence wavers. The people that have any of those three things are pretty content with the direction of things. They aren't complaining.

You lose credibility every day by attacking your "critics". Anyone reading this thread knows it is far more than a "couple" who do not trust you. You have no idea if some of your critics have an ability to code, resources to mine or what their BBR market positions might be. You are the newcomer here and long time community members trust you less the more often you continue to make such false statements.

CryptoZoidberg absolutely has more credibility than you among this community so attacking him is not helping you either.

If you want to help, then create a worthwhile pull request and stop spending time here attacking long time community members.

That was not a reference to CZ, the bottom of that post has a compliment to CZ

the statement was to show a contrast between what is written, versus what the miners and other silent participants actually do. the aggregate crowd is optimistic about any scenario in the development of boolberry.

It would be disingenuous for me not to have an opinion about what people choose to use as qualifiers for my credibility. Some of it is great criticism, a lot of it is arbitrary and based on misunderstandings, and my responses have resulted in better outcomes with people that initially had different conclusions.

You're right though, back to the code!
Activity: 336

The critics - and there are only a couple - are people that have no ability to contribute to the code, no resources to mine, and I doubt their positions in Boolberry are enough to influence the market when their confidence wavers. The people that have any of those three things are pretty content with the direction of things. They aren't complaining.

You lose credibility every day by attacking your "critics". Anyone reading this thread knows it is far more than a "couple" who do not trust you. You have no idea if some of your critics have an ability to code, resources to mine or what their BBR market positions might be. You are the newcomer here and long time community members trust you less the more often you continue to make such false statements.

CryptoZoidberg absolutely has more credibility than you among this community so attacking him is not helping you either.

If you want to help, then create a worthwhile pull request and stop spending time here attacking long time community members.

Activity: 4
New BBR Pool Setup.

Looking for Help to setup a pool in Southeast Asia - as I commonly find latency issues and connection problems with stratum to the 2 major BBR pools currently (dropped shares etc) as they are quite a distance from Australia.

Wondering if anyone in the community can help me set this up on a Ubuntu 14.04 server in my Azure subscription?

Happy to reward someone with 200 BBR for helping me set this up? Is this the newest BBR example universial cyprtonote pool code? https://github.com/clintar/node-cryptonote-pool/blob/master/README.md

Ive tried several times to deploy a pool but with little Ubuntu knowledge I continually hit to many walls. Help from a seasoned pool setup user would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, just wanting to do my bit to make the BBR network stronger by spreading the network.

Thanks,

Notrag.
@bb
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Hi,

It might have been discussed already, but I couldn't find the details I need. I'm planning to mine BBR and I have a GTX 1060 and RX 480 on the same system. I tried this miner and it detects both GPUs and works. I'm using Windows 7. I would like to know these things:

1. I have a slow internet and the GUI wallet takes a lot of time to sync the blockchain. I would like to download it from here http://boolberry.com/downloads.html#blockchain_proof . But I don't know which one to download, whether the last one or the previous one.
2. After downloading the block chain, where to put it in Windows? I have installed the package in a nondefault location.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Vijay

The blockchain.bin location in windows 7 is \users\{your_login}\AppData\Roaming\boolb

the AppData folder is hidden so change the setting of your explorer to show hidden folder. But the full blockchain would be much bigger and longer time to download, just let it it sync automatically so it download the pruned blockchain which is more compact, if you have adequate RAM around 8 gb the download won't take half day with 3mbps downstream. The pruned blockchain itself about 3.5GB size.
Activity: 56
Hi,

It might have been discussed already, but I couldn't find the details I need. I'm planning to mine BBR and I have a GTX 1060 and RX 480 on the same system. I tried this miner and it detects both GPUs and works. I'm using Windows 7. I would like to know these things:

1. I have a slow internet and the GUI wallet takes a lot of time to sync the blockchain. I would like to download it from here http://boolberry.com/downloads.html#blockchain_proof . But I don't know which one to download, whether the last one or the previous one.
2. After downloading the block chain, where to put it in Windows? I have installed the package in a nondefault location.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Vijay
Activist Investor

I would strongly advise to stay away from building a community on slack. It's not the best platform to build a free and open privacy conscious community. Semaphor by SpiderOak is a better option in this point in the project's reboot. It's free and requires no e-mail or password to sign up, there is a recovery sentence associated with your account. The company behind it was endorsed not once, but twice by Edward Snowden.

"SpiderOak doesn't know your information. That's what Zero Knowledge is all about. Everything is encrypted. There is no "reset your password" with them because by doing so that would negate the encryption. So, make sure to remember your password phrase. Believe me, this is a good thing."

http://www.inc.com/travis-wright/a-secure-slack-alternative-that-edward-snowden-would-love.html

Its there, just like the subreddit is there

I didn't make either of those

Feel free to spearhead a community on a new channel
Activity: 337
Merit: 315

I would strongly advise to stay away from building a community on slack. It's not the best platform to build a free and open privacy conscious community. Semaphor by SpiderOak is a better option in this point in the project's reboot. It's free and requires no e-mail or password to sign up, there is a recovery sentence associated with your account. The company behind it was endorsed not once, but twice by Edward Snowden.

"SpiderOak doesn't know your information. That's what Zero Knowledge is all about. Everything is encrypted. There is no "reset your password" with them because by doing so that would negate the encryption. So, make sure to remember your password phrase. Believe me, this is a good thing."

http://www.inc.com/travis-wright/a-secure-slack-alternative-that-edward-snowden-would-love.html

Activist Investor
I'm new in BBR and I have been reading this thread. I don't understand why CZ and 1block just collaborate on a single repo with other devs. I mean I do understand it but what's the point guys? Ego?

1block since you attempted to patronize the project but didn't work because CZ woke up I think you need to accept it and put a dev team if you want and yourself to commit stuff to the original repo.

CZ since you see other people want to participate and this is an open source project (obviously) then please accept contributions.

Other decisions like masternodes etc could be discussed openly in this thread.

I am a team leader software dev and I say GO  Wink

Finally, a software developer replies!

So I can submit a pull request at any time. There are a few followers that seem not to understand that, they have created a "battle of the repositories" that doesn't exist. These are people that would never build from source to begin with, and so far I've never released any binaries. 38 people have forked Boolberry code, any one of them can ALSO submit pull requests whenever and wherever they want.

Look around, the exact same people have said that I haven't coded anything substantial - which means there would be nothing substantial enough to go into a Pull Request review yet - and also created the idea that since I haven't made a pull request that I won't ever! This set of contradictory standards are perpetuated because these are not software developers  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The next problem with the idea that we are limited by ego related to "whose repository is official" further fails because Boolberry is merely a protocol broadcasting to the internet. Clients can be written in multiple languages. If and when someone makes a Java or Python client, there will be no "original official repository" to contribute to, as it will be a completely new codebase, that was an example to all the impressionable non-software developers reading this. The C++ project is the easiest because the other cryptonote reference clients are written in it.

If CZ updates his repository before our updates are finished, we will merge his changes into ours and keep working! If we finish our updates on the C++ project we will submit a pull request to his repository, and also keep working! If he chooses to submit a pull request to our repository we will review it and merge it! I just described how open source projects work Shocked as a team lead imagine explaining this to random concerned people in your organization, hilarious right?

A tangible example would be how the RPC server updates that are being worked on in my repository will allow for web wallets to be created. My organization could host a web wallet with this updated client and people will be able to use Boolberry while the native wallet gets fixed. Both CZ and I have talked about doing the database fix for boolberry. We could host that WHILE Zoidberg reviews our pull requests whether he merged them or not! It should be obvious at this point how there is no conflict hampering the future viability of Boolberry. All of our work in parallel is a net positive for Boolberry.

The critics - and there are only a couple - are people that have no ability to contribute to the code, no resources to mine, and I doubt their positions in Boolberry are enough to influence the market when their confidence wavers. The people that have any of those three things are pretty content with the direction of things. They aren't complaining, they are buying, coding, or mining. Look at the hash rate.

Oh shoot, I just mentioned the market again. There is no activist investor in the history of capital that doesn't mention the price target.  Huh  Is it possible I'm being criticized by people that don't have any capital or experience in any other capital market that are making up objections on the fly? Rhetorical question. (The irony is that investors love the meme paper that explains what my organization is doing, the paper was written because many people asked what the roadmap was and it was a 20 page answer.)

You can follow the bi-weekly project updates and check out my github to see some of the other cryptonote infrastructure progress I'm making https://github.com/1blockologist?tab=repositories  

As well as the organization github https://github.com/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany

Come check out the project board! https://waffle.io/BlockchainDevelopmentCompany/boolberry

Join the slack! https://boolberry.herokuapp.com/

There is a lot more to this project than the C++ project that CryptoZoidberg started. I like his code, everyone contributing likes his code and what he brought to the cryptocurrency space! His contributions were great, thats why we are here!
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
I'm new in BBR and I have been reading this thread. I don't understand why CZ and 1block just collaborate on a single repo with other devs. I mean I do understand it but what's the point guys? Ego?

1block since you attempted to patronize the project but didn't work because CZ woke up I think you need to accept it and put a dev team if you want and yourself to commit stuff to the original repo.

CZ since you see other people want to participate and this is an open source project (obviously) then please accept contributions.

Other decisions like masternodes etc could be discussed openly in this thread.

I am a team leader software dev and I say GO  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
wow BBR up again

Good arbitrage opportunity as its cheaper on Bittrex
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
wow BBR up again

well it was never down when you remember that majority of past years it was under 5 k
Activity: 887
Merit: 500
wow BBR up again
Activity: 7
This guy gets it

The miners get it

But some of you idiot sheep are debating on who to put your faith in?

Thanks for keeping all that cheap boolberry for sell you imbeciles, its mine now

just take a look at the market price today, it shows!

Who cares about short term price fluctuations? The upside is the coin will establish a new floor in the 300-400k range once an update comes through from CZ. If traders want to offload their coins in this range they'll be banging their head on the toilet once the bull starts running. The consistent accumulation in the 13-19k range is obvious for anyone with eyes to see.

My BBR speculation:

CZ was working on his Proof of Stake cryptonote project on a private repo. The rise in value of XMR and the entry of 1block has reignited his interest to merge those improvements into BBR and establish it as the only real cryptonote competitor to XMR. Competition is good because one is a test bed for the other. I'm speculating from CZ's earlier posts that these improvements will range from database efficiency to multi-signature capability and improvements to the GUI wallet. I wouldn't be surprised to see a BBR RingCT implementation before XMR which in that case would skyrocket the coin even higher than XMR given the lower coin supply between the two projects. RingCT from CZ is not out of the realm of possibility.

1block seems interested in applying a masternode model to the BBR framework to help increase coin scarcity. CZ's interest in PoS and 1block's masternode idea seem somewhat aligned with each other and whatever positive effect that proposal will have on the network should be outlined in a whitepaper before being considered. If it is feasible it could attract heavy investment from the DASH community. I don't see the benefit of masternodes when ring signatures provide a better overall solution than mixing.

What I would like to see here is better organization for the project as a whole. CZ working with 1block to organize updates for the community and prospective investors. CZ is a proven developer and 1block has proven himself capable of handling media outreach as well as attracting more developers and interest to the project. That is a great combo for BBR moving forward. What the project needs now is for all parties involved to put aside their differences and work as a cohesive unit for the overall growth of the project.

For anyone interested in cryptonote or missed the XMR pump, BBR is a highly attractive investment especially as this entry point. .00015 vs .01061 with half the coin supply of XMR and a proven developer is a no brainer.
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
I wouldn't be surprised to see a BBR RingCT implementation before XMR

It is a bit too late for that I think, since you can already download the monero binaries with RingCT implementation...

https://github.com/monero-project/monero/releases/tag/v0.10.0

Just sayin...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 337
Merit: 315
just take a look at the market price today, it shows!

Who cares about short term price fluctuations? The upside is the coin will establish a new floor in the 300-400k range once an update comes through from CZ. If traders want to offload their coins in this range they'll be banging their head on the toilet once the bull starts running. The consistent accumulation in the 13-19k range is obvious for anyone with eyes to see.

My BBR speculation:

CZ was working on his Proof of Stake cryptonote project on a private repo. The rise in value of XMR and the entry of 1block has reignited his interest to merge those improvements into BBR and establish it as the only real cryptonote competitor to XMR. Competition is good because one is a test bed for the other. I'm speculating from CZ's earlier posts that these improvements will range from database efficiency to multi-signature capability and improvements to the GUI wallet. I wouldn't be surprised to see a BBR RingCT implementation before XMR which in that case would skyrocket the coin even higher than XMR given the lower coin supply between the two projects. RingCT from CZ is not out of the realm of possibility.

1block seems interested in applying a masternode model to the BBR framework to help increase coin scarcity. CZ's interest in PoS and 1block's masternode idea seem somewhat aligned with each other and whatever positive effect that proposal will have on the network should be outlined in a whitepaper before being considered. If it is feasible it could attract heavy investment from the DASH community. I don't see the benefit of masternodes when ring signatures provide a better overall solution than mixing.

What I would like to see here is better organization for the project as a whole. CZ working with 1block to organize updates for the community and prospective investors. CZ is a proven developer and 1block has proven himself capable of handling media outreach as well as attracting more developers and interest to the project. That is a great combo for BBR moving forward. What the project needs now is for all parties involved to put aside their differences and work as a cohesive unit for the overall growth of the project.

For anyone interested in cryptonote or missed the XMR pump, BBR is a highly attractive investment especially as this entry point. .00015 vs .01061 with half the coin supply of XMR and a proven developer is a no brainer.
Jump to: