Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 161. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Those with Wikipedia experience please add content (and sources) here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote#Boolberry_.28BBR.29
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Do we have any updates about the testing of popboolr?
Activity: 336
Crypto Zoidberg returned and posted in the BBR tail emission thread. Hopefully he will he more active here again after the alpha test launch of the new PoS CryptoNote project louisdor.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13610183
Have a great weekend Boolberry community!

Boolberry will go on with or without crypto_zoidberg

Two points

1. This account "louisdor" is very likely to be "crypto_zoidberg"

Last Active:   2016-1-18, 09:01:06

2. This thread is about making a relatively simple change (adding tail emission) that many people could implement fairly easily. Boolberry has had a working GUI and pruning implementation for well over a year already and can can survive without crypto_zoidberg. If he does not return we can fork away the developer bounty and move to a donation system similar to Monero to fund new developers to replace him.

So far the poll results are weighted highly in favor of tail emission
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
This was ShapeShift's (probably template) response to my request to add Boolberry, for what its worth:
Thanks for reaching out. I have added boolberry to our discovery list and our development team will look into it when they begin to decide on the next coins to add. We receive several dozen requests a day for new coins to be added so can not assure you we will add your coin, but we will for sure look into it and see if it makes sense for us to add at this time. Any new coins we add will be announced on our social media channels as well as via our email list.

Thank you for the update. Shapeshift would be a huge benefit to Boolberry until we can convince more merchants to accept us directly. We can benefit Shapeshift by providing them with more liquidity for those interested in trading CryptoNote coins.  This synergy advantage should be obvious from the big volume edge Poloniex has over other exchanges that list far fewer CryptoNote trading pairs.

Boolberry and Aeon may interest Shapeshift enough to be added on their own. However we have a greater chance of success if both Boolberry and Aeonapproach them in a unified fashion. The more Shapeshift users (who currently use them for Monero transactions) that express a similar view the better. CryptoNote community should help all of us and we cannot deny their is a lot of community overlap.

I will cross post this in the Aeon thread and depending on their reaction maybe we should approach Monero too.  My history has demonstrated my support for Monero to be added to Cryptsy (which seemed like a good idea at the time) and my support for an Aeon listing on Bittrex, Poloniex and Shapeshift. Lets work together.

I have decided to help both you and Aeon because your communities have been supportive of Monero and have helped to advance CryptoNote innovation. If Shapeshift decides to add more CryptoNote coins I believe BBR and AEON should be next

https://twitter.com/XMRpromotions/status/689328498893144064

I will also send Shapeshift a follow up email

This will made Boolberry much easier to trade (without an account at an exchange) and actually use! Hopefully everyone here supports this.

Yes we all need to help convince Shapeshift why they should add us. If there was ever a time to trade Boolberry more actively, test popboolr, start accepting Boolberry payments and share your future development plans now is the time!

Everyone contact Shapeshift and vote in the tail emission poll! Lets keep moving Boolberry in the right direction.
I started a thread for us to discuss the idea of adding tail emission to Boolberry. Please come vote on whether or not you think it is a good idea.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13610183

Not included in this poll but something we should also think about is if we want o remove the developer bounty (unless Crypto Zoidberg becomes active again soon and convinces us why we should keep it).

• Developer Bounty:  Up to 1% (Controlled by miner's votes)

This is what the Monero tail emission will look like (offering continued incentives for miners to protect the network in addition to transaction fees).

Boolberry could implement something very similar although it will take us twice as long to reach the "tail"
This was ShapeShift's (probably template) response to my request to add Boolberry, for what its worth:
Thanks for reaching out. I have added boolberry to our discovery list and our development team will look into it when they begin to decide on the next coins to add. We receive several dozen requests a day for new coins to be added so can not assure you we will add your coin, but we will for sure look into it and see if it makes sense for us to add at this time. Any new coins we add will be announced on our social media channels as well as via our email list.

Thank you for the update. Shapeshift would be a huge benefit to Boolberry until we can convince more merchants to accept us directly. We can benefit Shapeshift by providing them with more liquidity for those interested in trading CryptoNote coins.  This synergy advantage should be obvious from the big volume edge Poloniex has over other exchanges that list far fewer CryptoNote trading pairs.

Boolberry and Aeon may interest Shapeshift enough to be added on their own. However we have a greater chance of success if both Boolberry and Aeonapproach them in a unified fashion. The more Shapeshift users (who currently use them for Monero transactions) that express a similar view the better. CryptoNote community should help all of us and we cannot deny their is a lot of community overlap.

I will cross post this in the Aeon thread and depending on their reaction maybe we should approach Monero too.  My history has demonstrated my support for Monero to be added to Cryptsy (which seemed like a good idea at the time) and my support for an Aeon listing on Bittrex, Poloniex and Shapeshift. Lets work together.

I have decided to help both you and Aeon because your communities have been supportive of Monero and have helped to advance CryptoNote innovation. If Shapeshift decides to add more CryptoNote coins I believe BBR and AEON should be next

This will made Boolberry much easier to trade (without an account at an exchange) and actually use! Hopefully everyone here supports this.

Yes we all need to help convince Shapeshift why they should add us. If there was ever a time to trade Boolberry more actively, test popboolr, start accepting Boolberry payments and share your future development plans now is the time!
Activity: 109

I hope all of those who believe in Boolberry are mining to help support the network. If you are not, please tell us why!
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
im not able to download the blockchain thru the client and the peerlist is not getting connected either.
Try
Code:
./qt-boolb --add-priority-node 66.228.33.249:10101 --add-priority-node 59.120.166.36:10101 --add-priority-node 62.201.213.25:10101 --add-priority-node 95.85.21.33:10101 --add-priority-node 107.170.97.197:10101
It seemed to work for other people in this thread.

I always sync easily. Which OS do you use? Someone on Reddit was talking about having problems with iOS.
I use Linux and also had to use the above command to get it to sync.
im not able to download the blockchain thru the client and the peerlist is not getting connected either.
Try
Code:
./qt-boolb --add-priority-node 66.228.33.249:10101 --add-priority-node 59.120.166.36:10101 --add-priority-node 62.201.213.25:10101 --add-priority-node 95.85.21.33:10101 --add-priority-node 107.170.97.197:10101

I always sync easily. Which OS do you use? Someone on Reddit was talking about having problems with iOS.
Try
Code:
./qt-boolb --add-priority-node 66.228.33.249:10101 --add-priority-node 59.120.166.36:10101 --add-priority-node 62.201.213.25:10101 --add-priority-node 95.85.21.33:10101 --add-priority-node 107.170.97.197:10101
Activity: 115

This was ShapeShift's (template) response to my request to add Boolberry, for what it's worth:
It has been a white since Zoidberg logged in. Has anyone heard from him recently?

It would be nice to hear something. Historically he does not post much but has logged in regularly. Could be be on vacation?

I have not heard from him. Anyone can check when he last logged on by clicking on his profile:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cryptozoidberg-170073

Based on all the work he has done for Boolberry already I think he is entitled to take a vacatation or short break whenever he sees fit.

Jump to: