Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 164. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Are there any Boolberry payment processing services?

Not that I am aware of. I would love to see one accept Boolberry.

It would be easier to attract payment service providers if:

1. Our trading volume was higher
2. More merchants accepted Boolberry

We need to attract more users. With a larger community #1 and #2 above will be easier and then shapeshift.io and others are more likely to support us.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251

Not that I am aware of. I would love to see one accept Boolberry.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Does anyone in the community own or work for a business that would be willing to accept Boolberry?
crypto_zoidberg,

It would be nice if you stopped by more often to tell us what you are working on. I think more people here would like to help but feel like they are out of the information loop.

Best regards

Yes it would but I wouldn't hold out too much hope for any kind of sudden reappearance from crypto_zoidberg with magical keys to the kingdom.  Even if they were to return with gusto just what exactly are they going to do?  The current environment with crypto is not conducive to coins with great tech and a great dev.  The environment is still centered on vaporware, false promises, and scams.  There are few avenues for legitimate coins offering new technology to break through the quick pump and dump mentality that currently permeates the entire altcoin world.  It's a frustrating reality that isn't likely to change anytime soon. 

What do you propose the Boolberry community should do to help?

damashup is a good example of someone doing the right thing. Build businesses and services to support and promote Boolberry usage.

I agree about popboolr.com

There is no need to wait on CryptoZoidberg. The coin functions well already and has some very innovative features and a nice GUI. Lets build services to attract more users and merchants who care about privacy to Boolberry!
Activity: 336
crypto_zoidberg,

It would be nice if you stopped by more often to tell us what you are working on. I think more people here would like to help but feel like they are out of the information loop.

Best regards

Yes it would but I wouldn't hold out too much hope for any kind of sudden reappearance from crypto_zoidberg with magical keys to the kingdom.  Even if they were to return with gusto just what exactly are they going to do?  The current environment with crypto is not conducive to coins with great tech and a great dev.  The environment is still centered on vaporware, false promises, and scams.  There are few avenues for legitimate coins offering new technology to break through the quick pump and dump mentality that currently permeates the entire altcoin world.  It's a frustrating reality that isn't likely to change anytime soon. 

damashup is a good example of someone doing the right thing. Build businesses and services to support and promote Boolberry usage.
crypto_zoidberg,

Best regards

Boolberry is probably the most underappreciated coin. It also has the best name.

Thank you for honoring us with your first bitcointalk post.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Boolberry is probably the most underappreciated coin. It also has the best name.
crypto_zoidberg,

Best regards

It is indeed sad to see so many scams in crypto. The only good news is that people will be cautious in the future and look at the tech being used instead of believing promises and closed sourced vaporware projects. This is good for Boolberry as its CryptoNote implementation holds up well to scrutiny, but we need to bring more attention to it.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
crypto_zoidberg,

Best regards

This might not be an issue at all, but gmaxwell seems to imply here that there might be a vulnerability in the way segregated witness is implemented in BBR:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3vq8hm/multiple_new_bip_proposals_coming_up_on_day_2_of/cxpxi5t

This might not be an issue at all, but gmaxwell seems to imply here that there might be a vulnerability in the way segregated witness is implemented in BBR:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3vq8hm/multiple_new_bip_proposals_coming_up_on_day_2_of/cxpxi5t

Is this something to be worried about? Does it potentially impact other CryptoNote coins or just Boolberry?

All they are saying there is that if you want to prune the signature data, you need to still keep a hash of the signature data in the chain of hashes (of Merkle trees) for the blocks. In other words, you need to still be able to prove which signature signed which transaction, even if you've actually discarded the signature data.

I believe BBR already does the correct thing. And afaik, Monero does not discard signature data, but I could be wrong about that. If they do, I assume they would do the right thing as well.

Any way, I as I read into the proposals more, I realized they are adopting some of the ideas I've had privately, but bolting these onto Bitcoin's legacy limits their flexibility in terms of optimum choices and especially speed to market. Bitcoin is looking more and more like design Rigor Mortis (they even need to abandon ECDSA to totally rectify malleability) and needs to be scrapped and start over again.

Wuille wrote this technical summary in way that can only really be understood by other core devs or experts who have their head deep in these issues. He sounds rushed.

http://boolberry.com/downloads.html
Blockchain proof
Full blockchain for windows(with all ring signatures):
http://boolberry.com/downloads/windows/blockchain_full.bin
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

I would like to here more specifics about the meaning and importance of this.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha

crypto_zoidberg,

Best regards
Just a warning to miners, you may have to update scratchpad sizes. I have miners connecting and not submitting shares. I noticed my nvidia miner had a scratchpad issue and it's probably happening to everyone using that if they updated the scratchpad size to be
Code:
64<<21
We have reached the point past that. You will need to change that, so probably
Code:
64<<22

Thank you for telling us this but can you explain in more detail what the meaning of this is and how we change the code exactly?
in the source for wolf's miner, edit the file miner.h and find the line
Code:
#define WILD_KECCAK_SCRATCHPAD_BUFFSIZE  (64<<20)

It might say <<21 if you have previously edited it last time the scratchpad size got too big. Change it to be 64<<22, save the file and rebuild. Usually that just means typing make. then run your miner as usual.

hi all
i have donwload BBR here: http://boolberry.com/downloads.html
but i can not Synchronized my wallet, i have this:

Someone else had this problem the other day. Here's what got them working.
Right-click on the shortcut, click properties and add this after the filename

Code:
 --add-priority-node 66.228.33.249:10101 --add-priority-node 59.120.166.36:10101 --add-priority-node 62.201.213.25:10101 --add-priority-node 95.85.21.33:10101 --add-priority-node 107.170.97.197:10101

These type of posts will likely help a lot of people. It would be nice if they could be added to a FAQ or troubleshooting section of Boolberry.com
Activity: 202
Merit: 104
Just a warning to miners, you may have to update scratchpad sizes. I have miners connecting and not submitting shares. I noticed my nvidia miner had a scratchpad issue and it's probably happening to everyone using that if they updated the scratchpad size to be
Code:
64<<21
Code:
64<<22

Thank you for telling us this but can you explain in more detail what the meaning of this is and how we change the code exactly?
in the source for wolf's miner, edit the file miner.h and find the line
Code:
#define WILD_KECCAK_SCRATCHPAD_BUFFSIZE  (64<<20)

It might say <<21 if you have previously edited it last time the scratchpad size got too big. Change it to be 64<<22, save the file and rebuild. Usually that just means typing make. then run your miner as usual.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Code:
64<<21
Code:
64<<22

Thank you for telling us this but can you explain in more detail what the meaning of this is

The PoW algorithm uses some data from each block as a scratchpad (memory accessed in the process of computing the hash value). As the blockchain gets longer this scratchpad gets bigger.

and how we change the code exactly?

I'll leave that to others who know the code better.
Code:
64<<21
Code:
64<<22

Activity: 202
Merit: 104
Code:
64<<21
Code:
64<<22
Jump to: