Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 165. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Having problems getting my Qt wallet to sync, was working fine last week.  Have I missed any updates?

ETA:  Looks like my copy of the blockchain is corrupted.  I deleted the blockchain files but could still not get the Qt GUI to sync, started boolbd.exe manually and the blockchain is now slowly  syncing.

Did the solution above work for you?

Yes, using those nodes got syncing going.

Downloading the blockchain again fixed things. 

Glad to hear it worked. The more people that run nodes the better!
Activity: 318
Having problems getting my Qt wallet to sync, was working fine last week.  Have I missed any updates?

ETA:  Looks like my copy of the blockchain is corrupted.  I deleted the blockchain files but could still not get the Qt GUI to sync, started boolbd.exe manually and the blockchain is now slowly  syncing.

Yes, using those nodes got syncing going.

Downloading the blockchain again fixed things. 

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

ETA:  Looks like my copy of the blockchain is corrupted.  I deleted the blockchain files but could still not get the Qt GUI to sync, started boolbd.exe manually and the blockchain is now slowly  syncing.

This should solve your problem and should be added to the OP to make it easier for others to find:

hi all
i have donwload BBR here: http://boolberry.com/downloads.html
but i can not Synchronized my wallet, i have this:

Someone else had this problem the other day. Here's what got them working.
Right-click on the shortcut, click properties and add this after the filename

Code:
 --add-priority-node 66.228.33.249:10101 --add-priority-node 59.120.166.36:10101 --add-priority-node 62.201.213.25:10101 --add-priority-node 95.85.21.33:10101 --add-priority-node 107.170.97.197:10101

Activity: 318

ETA:  Looks like my copy of the blockchain is corrupted.  I deleted the blockchain files but could still not get the Qt GUI to sync, started boolbd.exe manually and the blockchain is now slowly  syncing.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hi, is someone in contact with bter?
My BBR deposit is missing since 2015-05-29. I only get excuses. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Bter Support (bter)

Jun 25, 10:25

Dear Sir,
We are still trying to fix it.

Thanks for your patience

Speaking of exchanges... I've been trying to withdraw some BBR from Bter for the last three weeks.

Has anyone else had issues withdrawing BBR from Bter?

They are saying that "the bbr block doesn't update." Anyone aware of this issue?  Huh

Yes, my deposit is missing since 2015-05-29. I sent BBR to the correct address and added the payment id but the deposit is not credited until today.

This is the only reply from bter.com

Dear Sir,
Our dev will check and fix it for you. Please do not worry.

Thanks for your patience.

Best
Bter.com

:-(

It would be nice to get an update on this. XMR has done some recent work to integrate the payment ID with the address.  Perhaps that would make things easier for existing and hopefully new exchanges.

I cant comment on this case without knowing more because I have not used Bter
Post from Aeon thread referencing Boolberry:

In all seriousness on the AEON vs BBR thing, I think both coins are seriously undervalued and BBR is even more undervalued. Just take a look at the crap coins on the list that have similar values, some with zero development or community, dead/abandoned ANN threads, etc.

Both coins should be in the top 50 to top 100 right now IMO. Exactly which should be higher than the other I don't know. Both have good potential to do well in the future, so we'll just see how it works out

Boolberry is already user friendly. Finding places to spend it should be our top priority. We should organize a serious effort to get accepted by shapeshift or one of the other major gateways.

Anyone within the community owning a small business willing to accept Boolberry payments would be greatly appreciated.
Activity: 259
I started mining boolberry for about 2 months now, and I was wondering, what does the price usually regulate at? When I started mining the price was greatly effected by the massive influx that brought the price to 8k satoshi, and I was wondering if if the price usually sits at half of that? orrr...

You can look at a historical price if you want but the price has never really been "stable".  I expect it will continue to go up and down in the future. Thank you for mining and supporting the boolberry network.

Okay. Thank you. Boolberry's my favorite coin and the best to mine for my GPU

I think it would be the favorite coin of a lot of people based on its existing features if the community was more active.

I think popboolr.com will help increase community activity. You can test the game now. Damashup already has a lot of good ideas but I am sure he would welcome more suggestions.

Thanks for the bump.

It would also be good if others started initiatives to promote/ market/ attract interest to the coin. One idea will not be enough.

IMO, the way things stand, no Cryptonote coin can succeed without a strong BBR.
Activity: 378
I started mining boolberry for about 2 months now, and I was wondering, what does the price usually regulate at? When I started mining the price was greatly effected by the massive influx that brought the price to 8k satoshi, and I was wondering if if the price usually sits at half of that? orrr...

You can look at a historical price if you want but the price has never really been "stable".  I expect it will continue to go up and down in the future. Thank you for mining and supporting the boolberry network.

I think it would be the favorite coin of a lot of people based on its existing features if the community was more active.

I think popboolr.com will help increase community activity. You can test the game now. Damashup already has a lot of good ideas but I am sure he would welcome more suggestions.

Activity: 15

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Was Boolberry actually launched before Monero?

Or announced before Monero but launched afterwards?

I just noticed the announcement date on this thread is
April 20th 2014
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bbr-boolberry-privacy-and-security-guaranteed-since-2014-577267

Monero announcement date on the thread below was April 25th 2014
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-a-secure-private-untraceable-cryptocurrency-583449

For some reason I always thought that Monero was the first and Boolberry was the second CryptoNote to launch (of course ignoring Bytecoin with its 80% premine). Was I wrong?

You are correct about Monero being the first after Bytecoin. I'm not sure the order after that.

That's not the original Monero launch thread though. It is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbmr-bitmonero-a-new-coin-based-on-cryptonote-technology-launched-563821
Activity: 15
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

April 20th 2014
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bbr-boolberry-privacy-and-security-guaranteed-since-2014-577267

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-a-secure-private-untraceable-cryptocurrency-583449

For some reason I always thought that Monero was the first and Boolberry was the second CryptoNote to launch (of course ignoring Bytecoin with its 80% premine). Was I wrong?

really matters ?
myspace launched before facebook...
tenebrix launch before litecoin...

anyway i think Boolberry seem more technically advanced and more features
hope the db fix will be available for use soon (to open/close daemon and database on my laptop is very slow)

April 20th 2014

In my view, it is undesirable (and unnecessary) to build rewards for promoting BBR into the protocol itself, even for a limited period of time.

Incentivising devs to continually improve the code base I understand. However an online game like Popboolr can (and should) have a model that is self-financing or (worse case) donation based rather than having its funding built into the currency.

How will popboolr be financed? It seems very worthy of donations to me. Of course if you a clever way to make the game self financed and profitable that would be even better! If you have competitive reasons for keeping this secret for now I understand.  

The priority is developing a Product to compete with the Angry Birds of the world. I believe that if you build the right Product for your audience, the finance will follow. Product trumps everything.

No doubt funding will be sought for Popboolr from outside the Crypto community, but only when a Product has been developed that I can stake my reputation (offline) on.

Just to put into context what Popboolr is and where Boolberry fits in:

I believe there is a market for the gamification of social media, like Twitter. That is what Popboolr primarily is. The majority of players will play Popboolr simply to collect and steal as many bools as possible, rise up the daily chart, best their friends, laugh at or be intrigued by what tweets are trendy etc. If you create a game, you want players to play for the love of the game. That will pull in new players and keep them.

The secondary aspect is to offer players the option to convert their points into monetary rewards. I strongly believe that players of online/ mobile games and users of social media should be compensated proportionate to the amount of skill, effort and time they pull into these platforms. If you're badass at Tetris and top the charts, you should share in the profits that the game makers are making. If you create a tweet on Twitter or a post on Facebook or a photo on Instagram that generates thousands of retweets, likes, shares etc, you should share in the profits these major companies are enjoying. Popboolr is blazing a trail that I believe will be commonplace in a few years time. That is rewarding your customers for the content and contribution they make to your Products. Granted these will only be micro rewards, but they will be rewards nevertheless less. I want Crypto and Boolberry in particular to be at the forefront of this reward structure.

Once your customers see you're not only bringing them a fantastic Product but also allowing them to share in the success of the Product (financially) they'll love you forever! That's the plan anyway.

Back to the topic of donations. $20 per month. That's what I calculate the current value of 1% of BBR emissions to be. All things being equal, a year's worth of donations at that rate may be worth $200 -$300? Or less than a Bitcoin?

I don't think it's worth CZ changing the protocol as that kind of money will make little or no difference to the success or failure of Popboolr.

I'd much rather CZ work on improving  BBR and being more visible around the coin by sharing his ideas and vision. CZ seen to be actively working on the coin, could make all the difference in terms of attracting the right investors to Boolberry.

This game will be great at introducing social media to Boolberry. IMHO with CryptoNote pruning, blockchain aliasing and a nice GUI the only reason we are less known than Monero is because of marketing.  Boolberry was one of the first CryptoNote coins and certainly one of the most innovative.

In my view, it is undesirable (and unnecessary) to build rewards for promoting BBR into the protocol itself, even for a limited period of time.

Incentivising devs to continually improve the code base I understand. However an online game like Popboolr can (and should) have a model that is self-financing or (worse case) donation based rather than having its funding built into the currency.

How will popboolr be financed? It seems very worthy of donations to me. Of course if you a clever way to make the game self financed and profitable that would be even better! If you have competitive reasons for keeping this secret for now I understand.  

The priority is developing a Product to compete with the Angry Birds of the world. I believe that if you build the right Product for your audience, the finance will follow. Product trumps everything.

No doubt funding will be sought for Popboolr from outside the Crypto community, but only when a Product has been developed that I can stake my reputation (offline) on.

I believe there is a market for the gamification of social media, like Twitter. That is what Popboolr primarily is. The majority of players will play Popboolr simply to collect and steal as many bools as possible, rise up the daily chart, best their friends, laugh at or be intrigued by what tweets are trendy etc. If you create a game, you want players to play for the love of the game. That will pull in new players and keep them.

The secondary aspect is to offer players the option to convert their points into monetary rewards. I strongly believe that players of online/ mobile games and users of social media should be compensated proportionate to the amount of skill, effort and time they pull into these platforms. If you're badass at Tetris and top the charts, you should share in the profits that the game makers are making. If you create a tweet on Twitter or a post on Facebook or a photo on Instagram that generates thousands of retweets, likes, shares etc, you should share in the profits these major companies are enjoying. Popboolr is blazing a trail that I believe will be commonplace in a few years time. That is rewarding your customers for the content and contribution they make to your Products. Granted these will only be micro rewards, but they will be rewards nevertheless less. I want Crypto and Boolberry in particular to be at the forefront of this reward structure.

Once your customers see you're not only bringing them a fantastic Product but also allowing them to share in the success of the Product (financially) they'll love you forever! That's the plan anyway.

Back to the topic of donations. $20 per month. That's what I calculate the current value of 1% of BBR emissions to be. All things being equal, a year's worth of donations at that rate may be worth $200 -$300? Or less than a Bitcoin?

I don't think it's worth CZ changing the protocol as that kind of money will make little or no difference to the success or failure of Popboolr.

I'd much rather CZ work on improving  BBR and being more visible around the coin by sharing his ideas and vision. CZ seen to be actively working on the coin, could make all the difference in terms of attracting the right investors to Boolberry.

The more you write about it the more excited I become. I am glad you are part of this Boolberry community. Thank you!
Activity: 259

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

LucyLovesCrypto, would only blue BBR logo shaped house make you happy or would you take purple one in consideration? Smiley

I would prefer to have a home that would promote the Boolberry brand, but would be happy if Boolberry is successful enough that I can use to to buy a home in any color!
Jump to: