Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 167. (Read 1210749 times)

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

You can say that i'm wrong in some way, but according to my standarts if you applied for job and got prepayment, and then gave up - you should return prepayment, and also say "sorry for your lost time" to your employer, in case there was no other conditions.

Zoidberg.

If you make a coin that donates 1% of all coins on an ongoing basis to the creator for ongoing development, then when you lose interest and spend approximately one year readying your new project, you should return your premine, and also say "sorry for your lost time" to your supporters, in case they thought you were actually serious about ongoing development. Tongue
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

We were looking for someone to make x11 GPU miner

X11 miner eh?  Unless you plan to change POW, why are you abandoning this coin so fast?
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Anyone else notice that crypto_zoidberg logged in again today? Hello!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cryptozoidberg-170073

I'm here, no worries.

Btw, i was told that Wolf complained about me on #monero chanel, well, just to put light on it, if someone interested what happend:

We were looking for someone to make x11 GPU miner, both for OpenCL and CUDA, as he is well known as a good developer for such things, i offered him to do that.
Here was my offer:
We finally need code for both platforms(Linux&Windows)  OpenCL and CUDA implementations.
It could be not perfect implementations, but it should work fine with Clintar's pool.
Ready pay 600$ for everything, including testing on pool and easy HOWTO use/build. 
Zoidberg
And here is his answer:
Very well. My GitHub name is wolf9466. The current Bitstamp BTC price is $227.88; I'll round up to $228. Send half to me to start, half on completion. If the BTC price changes by more than 15%, up OR down, the remaining payment is to be re-negotiated.

He was prepaid with $487 out of the $600(even more then he asked) and the deal was to have finally done both opencl and cuda miners. Since for Opencl there was not much work there(cz it was already public implementation of it), so i’ve made a deal with him to make both miners working, even without optimizations.

That talk happend at 1-st of September!
He hang us for more then 2 months and finaly said then he is not going to make CUDA, i have to hire some one else.
Well, then i asked him to return money, since he failed to finish contract in my opinion, despite the fact that he adapt opencl version to cryptonote block size (Mostly i wanted to return money because of wasted a lot of  our time actually)

All our communication made in bitcointalk pm, so it's could be validated by sysadmins if someones cares.

You can say that i'm wrong in some way, but according to my standarts if you applied for job and got prepayment, and then gave up - you should return prepayment, and also say "sorry for your lost time" to your employer, in case there was no other conditions.

Zoidberg.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Anyone else notice that crypto_zoidberg logged in again today? Hello!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cryptozoidberg-170073
Activity: 378
Boolberry price is very low. So sad

Don't be sad. Boolberry is an altcoin.  Altcoins are volatile.  Boolberry has been around for a significant amount of time.  It's not going away.

Secure your wallet and do what you can to promote and advance Boolberry. 

Let brainstorm ways for non programmers to help "promote and advance Boolberry".............

This holiday season, don't buy any gifts, but give all your friends and relatives only boolberries Cheesy OK, maybe that's a bit extreme. You could put a small paper wallet in xmas cards you send out with instructions to claim...still maybe kind of more annoying than nice though.

Perhaps annoying in the short run, but very valuable in the long run provided they follow through and take the time to learn more about Boolberry!
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Don't be sad. Boolberry is an altcoin.  Altcoins are volatile.  Boolberry has been around for a significant amount of time.  It's not going away.

Let brainstorm ways for non programmers to help "promote and advance Boolberry".............

This holiday season, don't buy any gifts, but give all your friends and relatives only boolberries Cheesy OK, maybe that's a bit extreme. You could put a small paper wallet in xmas cards you send out with instructions to claim...still maybe kind of more annoying than nice though.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251

Activity: 336

Don't be sad. Boolberry is an altcoin.  Altcoins are volatile.  Boolberry has been around for a significant amount of time.  It's not going away.

I think there are two factors :
-first almost all altcoin have decreased in btc value with the recent rise of BTC/USD : eth, xmr, maid ... have suffered from this and began to recover
- second, there is some trouble in the supernet project : there is some conflict between nxt dev and supernet dev who have dumped a huge amount of nxt : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.5620 and https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg199646/#msg199646

I believe bbr will recover mostly : afterall, the link between supernet and bbr has already weakened a lot some months ago

More people should follow the lead of damashup and make games and services to support Boolberry. Test our popboolr today!
http://popboolr.com/originaltweets

Keep asking shapeshift.io to add boolberry. It will make spending it much easier at many btc merchants and those who use their API
Activity: 445
Merit: 255

I think there are two factors :
-first almost all altcoin have decreased in btc value with the recent rise of BTC/USD : eth, xmr, maid ... have suffered from this and began to recover
- second, there is some trouble in the supernet project : there is some conflict between nxt dev and supernet dev who have dumped a huge amount of nxt : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.5620 and https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg199646/#msg199646

I believe bbr will recover mostly : afterall, the link between supernet and bbr has already weakened a lot some months ago
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Well, I do see your argument, but reality says otherwise. Devs simply are not releasing any news or updates, no?

Thank you for sharing your concerns, and I have feeling a lot of people is working or at least considering how to solve those kind of problems.

Good answer :-)

I believe the BBR network either needs a hardfork (the next BBR update will require that anyway I presume) or that all of the 1% "premine" coins are (continuously) transferred to some address under control of some BBR committee such that the amount can be used to create better incentives to improve the network.

I completely agree that certain level of transparency is important, as is certain level of privacy but for different reasons. As with anything in life, it is all about finding healthy balance, neither extreme can not be good.

In current model all funds are nontransparently controlled by devs, which is kinda private extreme. How would you suggest to correct the current model but to still remain some level of privacy so BBR can compete on the market (to still have a chance of reveling features when is in the best interest of the project, in order to even have possibility of an edge compared with competing projects)?

If the differed premine funds are controlled by some BBR committee, would you find acceptable if the % is larger then 1%? How much would you suggest? How would you suggest to structure the committee that decides on how to spend the funds, to have checks and balances that stop potential misuses?

And what makes you presume that next BBR update requires hard-fork anyway?

I am enjoying reading all the opinions although I am not sure myself what the best solution should be. It would be nice for Mr. Zoidberg to share his opinions about these issues.

With regard to BBR marketcap atm, would not surprise me if CZ thinks that 1% is too small Smiley And we can vote it down when BBR value increases. Until then, i'm fine with 1%, would even vote to double it or something while price is low.

But if bigj or someone comes up with more transparent model that can not be gamed too easily, i'll support it for BBR Smiley
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Well, I do see your argument, but reality says otherwise. Devs simply are not releasing any news or updates, no?

Thank you for sharing your concerns, and I have feeling a lot of people is working or at least considering how to solve those kind of problems.

I believe the BBR network either needs a hardfork (the next BBR update will require that anyway I presume) or that all of the 1% "premine" coins are (continuously) transferred to some address under control of some BBR committee such that the amount can be used to create better incentives to improve the network.

I completely agree that certain level of transparency is important, as is certain level of privacy but for different reasons. As with anything in life, it is all about finding healthy balance, neither extreme can not be good.

In current model all funds are nontransparently controlled by devs, which is kinda private extreme. How would you suggest to correct the current model but to still remain some level of privacy so BBR can compete on the market (to still have a chance of reveling features when is in the best interest of the project, in order to even have possibility of an edge compared with competing projects)?

If the differed premine funds are controlled by some BBR committee, would you find acceptable if the % is larger then 1%? How much would you suggest? How would you suggest to structure the committee that decides on how to spend the funds, to have checks and balances that stop potential misuses?

I am enjoying reading all the opinions although I am not sure myself what the best solution should be. It would be nice for Mr. Zoidberg to share his opinions about these issues.

Activity: 198

I do agree with you, everything is about "critical masses". In this instance critical rate. As you pointed out, BBR market cap is not enough for 1% to even put food on devs tables so, on the average, they will not put all time into it. That would be unsustainable. But, the world is a place of highly complex incentives. Only common denominator they tend to have is decreasing social system cost actually.

It's a premine irrespective of the attribute. Most people don't like that. Money is always an issue, but getting "1% of every block" is not an incentive, it is a bold flatrate.

Are you suggesting to vote on BBR type “premine” that are more transparently spent? I must say i completely agree with you on that, but BBR is as is, I do not fully understand your point. You are suggesting hard-fork new iteration in form of different project?.

If you are interested in CryptoNotes i suppose you understand that certain small level of privacy is necessary for people to find long-term "piece". It may even be that sooner the discovery of privacy sphere size (and incarnations of newly possible ecosystem types) happen may be better, as it reduces the price of the discovery process. May be even that something more general holds, that efficient communication channels number is roughly inverse function of possibility of a conflict between humans, which is excellent if such. People do on the average just wish to live decently in harmony with its surroundings after all. All life on the average is like that, it tends to get more efficient. Probbably wouldn't even exist otherwise if you think of it. As one might imagine, physical laws are the same. It all happens in a world that time decided on, which is such that it minimizes entropy production rate with given “consensus reaching” channel(s) of communication(s), i.e. in given laws of physics on a given problem. You seem also to understand that small privacy sphere must exist for people on the average to reach consistent harmony, kinda global consensus, to even have a chance of becoming stable long-lasting harmony for the humanity, if you think of it. By definition one might add. I would even add that provable egalitarianism is a consequence of every relations between humans having the same privacy sphere size, if we define egalitarianism and privacy sphere size such that one could clame it Smiley

In the real world, any relation betwean two parties, in which privacy sphere size ratio is several order of magnitude is prone to exploit, and if there are no checks and balances in the place it probably will be. It is kinda always so that, if no enough checks and balances (negative feedbacks) a system may not be stable. And it probably should be worked on to make it more efficient, that would make sense generally.

If you do critics that BBR is not egalitarian enough to satisfy CryptoNote standards, I disagree. But you make exilent point, that % that goes to devs is important. This may even be good mechanism for projects of a kind, to support themselves at thair different age: varaibile % of every block in a protocol that can reach consensus, and consensus on how to spend it. May even be that is enough to have consensus on to incentive relations of different kinds, it forces people to communicate on the issue that is in their common interest, and by it reduce possibility of tragedy of the commons. That may not be easy to achieve as then, for a realisation to happen, a critical mass in useability and simplicity must be achieved. So consensus reaching platform would have to have FUD attack filters in place, basically to reach with lowest noise level possible I suppose. That would be more egalitarian, but this is one of firts Darwinian experiments. Only God nows which one will live longer than others, before new generation solve more important problems, or larger number of significant problems while converging towars slower entrophy prodaction rate of any given process. In other words, it is as egalitarian as it is supposed to be atm.

I do agree that a tendency of  time realization is to minimize entropy production rate, i.e. production cost of a given process i suppose, so it humanity is converging toward such a world. When you think of it, the tendency to even communicate kinda happens naturally when you assume life as something that tries to reduce its entrophy production rate, actually for anything trat it can "understans" or comunicate, it organizes and everything in the corollary. When you look at from another angle, it is probably only solution class possible as other would lead to non-existance, i.e. are not stable in the long-run.

You do not think that current possibility to opt-out from contributing to development is enough?

You can not opt out. You can only vote to reduce the rate of payment.

I wasn't going to reply at all but since I replied to correct this point I'll add that I don't think the 1% deferred premine is a big deal. The mechanics of the system could have been disclosed better but as these things go in crypto it is a relatively insignificant issue. Everyone was well aware of a 1% developer reward even if the exact details were clear only in the code.

Also, CZ used some of the boolbs from that 1% for bounties for ppl that contributed somehow to the project. E.g. I got 10ish block worth of boolbs at the time for putting effort in tutorial thread. And another point is, as the "premine" is deferred, if anything it further incentivise devs to take care of boolberry in the future. I completely agree with you smooth, tnx for correcting me

Still I believe the ongoing premine is a problem for many, generally interested, people. There is nothing that can be prefixed with PRE there. It simply is a marketing thing, and BBR is flawed here. It might not be a big flaw; but it is a flaw simply because that premine is inherently something centralized with no real opt-out switch (so you are forced to accept it).

But you could hardly call it premine if devs will get 1% of block that will be mined in a week or in a month. There is not much that can be prefixed with pre there. Smooth has best name i've jet heard for it, "deferred premine", and you'll realize that the model actually gives incentives to devs to work on the project in the future, which does gives it an edge compared to other projects when speaking of probability of devs working harder on the code and adding features that add value to the network, while not being premined network.

With that said, other non-premined projects might actually be flawed by not having BBR model for keeping devs inherently motivated

Well, I do see your argument, but reality says otherwise. Devs simply are not releasing any news or updates, no? It's a premine irrespective of the attribute. Most people don't like that. Money is always an issue, but getting "1% of every block" is not an incentive, it is a bold flatrate.
You do not think that current possibility to opt-out from contributing to development is enough?

I wasn't going to reply at all but since I replied to correct this point I'll add that I don't think the 1% deferred premine is a big deal. The mechanics of the system could have been disclosed better but as these things go in crypto it is a relatively insignificant issue. Everyone was well aware of a 1% developer reward even if the exact details were clear only in the code.

Also, CZ used some of the boolbs from that 1% for bounties for ppl that contributed somehow to the project. E.g. I got 10ish block worth of boolbs at the time for putting effort in tutorial thread. And another point is, as the "premine" is deferred, if anything it further incentivise devs to take care of boolberry in the future. I completely agree with you smooth, tnx for correcting me

Still I believe the ongoing premine is a problem for many, generally interested, people. There is nothing that can be prefixed with PRE there. It simply is a marketing thing, and BBR is flawed here. It might not be a big flaw; but it is a flaw simply because that premine is inherently something centralized with no real opt-out switch (so you are forced to accept it).

But you could hardly call it premine if devs will get 1% of block that will be mined in a week or in a month. There is not much that can be prefixed with pre there. Smooth has best name i've jet heard for it, "deferred premine", and you'll realize that the model actually gives incentives to devs to work on the project in the future, which does gives it an edge compared to other projects when speaking of probability of devs working harder on the code and adding features that add value to the network, while not being premined network.

With that said, other non-premined projects might actually be flawed by not having BBR model for keeping devs inherently motivated

Still I believe the ongoing premine is a problem for many, generally interested, people. It simply is a marketing thing, and BBR is flawed here. It might not be a big flaw; but it is a flaw simply because that premine is inherently something centralized with no real opt-out switch (so you are forced to accept it).

Jump to: