Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 166. (Read 1210749 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
As such I understand that libertarian approach would result in the funds for BBR game spent probably most efficiently. But there is but (at least to me as noob in libertarian way of thinking) we are getting in a sphere of a society. The energy spent in getting the funds for this particular game in the libertarian way is kinda larger than if wee all agree on e.g. 0.1% baked in the protocol for a limited time period. Also, note that it takes only a few skilled trolls to seriously decrease the velocity of the funds in purely libertarian incarnation of the game. My point is, I still think that libertarian way is the best ideally, but if everyone agrees on the cause, some small amount time limited may be more robust to tragedy of the commons, and as such more efficient on the average.

My opinion will depend on the budget that damashup thinks might be needed to best promote the game. If the amount is small enough donations might actually be easier than trying to make a change to the protocol to divert some Boolberry for marketing purposes. If the game is successful in attracting its of users, then we should consider raising its budget.  Only in the case of success do I think that we need to worry about trolls trying to sabotage the game.

Improved transparency about how the 1% miners fee will be used for Boolberry development might make a lot of people feel better. I doubt that I am the only one willing to pay more than the current 1% towards development if it was clear what the funds were going to be used for.

We all believe in the right to privacy or we would not support Boolberry. However more transparency about the needs of certain Boolberry development projects would make it easier to raise funds and attract the interest of more developers.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Hi all,

Many thanks to those that have taken the time to test Popboolr and provide feedback. Apologies for the radio-silence, I've been out of the country for a few weeks and have returned to a mountain of work... so not much time for this labour of love!

I do have one question. You are looking at 60 minutes of Twitter data right? I imagine that is a lot of data. Several times when playing the game froze up and became temporarily unresponsive. I wonder if it is related to your need to parse and update so much information. Would it help to either decrease the amount of Twitter data you are parsing (maybe only the last 30 minutes) or slightly decrease how often you update it?

I downsized the server capacity before I went away, this may account for the unresponsiveness. I'll ramp it up again when I resume development.

Ultimately Popboolr is an ambitious project with an aim to handle a lot more data (in real time) than it parses at the moment. However I'll look into adjusting the parameters, for now, in order to get a workable prototype up and running .

Could the platform be modified such that it watches for hashtags if having a kinda image of e.g. BBR logo shaped from a food (and an address to clam a part of the e.g. daily reward. And for the platform to have vote-ups and downs, once a day, and basically to split a rewards between claimers and ppl posting food made bbr logo incarnations Smiley I'm probably going too far here, but there was a mention of just brainstorming, and that would create a market with a dynamics

How about only being able to claim tweets that mention certain keywords like #crypto #bitcoin #CryptoNote #Boolberry #privacy #fungible, etc. Naturally #Boolberry should have the highest possible reward!

Or you could create incentives to create content that is later claimed by players. For example the person that Tweeted something mentioning #boolberry (assuming they are registered with popboolr) could receive a reward 5x as large as the person who claimed the Tweet. Creating content is harder than claiming Tweets and also more valuable to Boolberry assuming that content is relevant.

There are a number of ideas I have around associating bool rewards with certain hashtags. Even letting users (let's call them 'Sponsors') create their on hashtags and define the pot amount/ reward per tweet or retweet. As a further step other users can upvote and devote those tweets to increase/ decrease the rewards.

E.g. Nike sponsor #JustDoIt. Alice tweets something witty using the hashtag #JustDoIt that gets retweeted numerous times. Alice comes to Popboolr  and claims a reward for her tweet and the retweets. On top of this,  other visitors to Popboolr reward Alice further by upvoting her tweet on Popboolr. E.g. Bob, upvotes and awards Alice 100 bools out of his balance.

These are more "Phase Two" Popboolr features.... one of the considerations in doing this however is to avoid Popboolr becoming a Twitter spam vehicle.

Two features I'm definitely looking to introduce before going live with "Phase One" are:

(1) Daily Leaderboard
- at the moment there is just a single all time leaderboard. These can be pretty daunting for new Players. I want to reset the leaderboard daily and allow users to compete each day to top the charts. Users can then boost their status and reputation based how well there have done on the daily, monthly, yearly basis. With archive data and statistics on Players performances.

(2) Automated Boolberry rewards
- I'm looking to create a user accounts page that allows users to automatically cash out to their BBR wallet by simply entering how much they wish to cash out and to what BBR address.

That's all for now. Thanks again for your engagement. I'm pretty flat out until Christmas, however hopefully I'll get an opportunity to resume work in earnest on Popboolr over the holiday period.

Damashup

I know subjectivity is hard to code but if there was some way to include higher rewards based on not just keywords but relevance that could help eliminate spam. Maybe there could be some way to provide negative incentives for using #boolberry related keywords without any relevant context

Like a Proof of Constructive Human Work? Smiley I still like that idea the most, and "to be eaten food" is kinda easy to proof to be constructive human work. Living in a house shaped as the BBR logo would be even better proof  Cheesy

CZ, could bigj have the hard fork but in a way that BBR has e.g. 1% of mined limited to 1 year for a purpose? Miners should agree on this, it will distribute BBR to humans through a game which adds value at this age of BBR,  and 1 year limits any inefficiencies that may/will develop for the process?

Yes! Using some of the 1% for game promotion wold spread BBR usage.

Where can I buy a BBR logo shaped house?

Cheesy

CZ, Do you own boolberry.com Are you still allowing people to register for the forum there? Or should we just keep using Reddit and Bitcointalk?

I suppose that everyone can agree that atm spending some funds to get BBR spread are in interest of all. Firstly, i must admit that i was not born libertarian, but i'm iterating toward it and iterated very close to it rather recently actually. Before that life did not show me necessity to iterate on the issue.

As such I understand that libertarian approach would result in the funds for BBR game spent probably most efficiently. But there is but (at least to me as noob in libertarian way of thinking) we are getting in a sphere of a society. The energy spent in getting the funds for this particular game in the libertarian way is kinda larger than if wee all agree on e.g. 0.1% baked in the protocol for a limited time period. Also, note that it takes only a few skilled trolls to seriously decrease the velocity of the funds in purely libertarian incarnation of the game. My point is, I still think that libertarian way is the best ideally, but if everyone agrees on the cause, some small amount time limited may be more robust to tragedy of the commons, and as such more efficient on the average. I know that pure libertarians are rolling their eyes if they are reading this, but please consider that it would be time limited and for the purpose all agree on.

LucyLovesCrypto, would only blue BBR logo shaped house make you happy or would you take purple one in consideration? Smiley
Activity: 336

In my view, it is undesirable (and unnecessary) to build rewards for promoting BBR into the protocol itself, even for a limited period of time.

Incentivising devs to continually improve the code base I understand. However an online game like Popboolr can (and should) have a model that is self-financing or (worse case) donation based rather than having its funding built into the currency.

How will popboolr be financed? It seems very worthy of donations to me. Of course if you a clever way to make the game self financed and profitable that would be even better! If you have competitive reasons for keeping this secret for now I understand. 
Activity: 259

I know subjectivity is hard to code but if there was some way to include higher rewards based on not just keywords but relevance that could help eliminate spam. Maybe there could be some way to provide negative incentives for using #boolberry related keywords without any relevant context

Like a Proof of Constructive Human Work? Smiley I still like that idea the most, and "to be eaten food" is kinda easy to proof to be constructive human work. Living in a house shaped as the BBR logo would be even better proof  Cheesy

Rather than using coding to determine relevance (and higher rewards), allowing users to give/ take away tips by upvoting (or downvoting) relevant (or irrelevant) tweets would be more in keeping with the game. The premise of Popboolr is to reward users based on what other users deem 'popular'.

There may be a need for an algorithm to filter spam, if spam becomes a major issue. However that bridge can be crossed once it's reached.

That being said if someone is able to code a 'Proof Of Constructive Work' algorithm, that will enhance the user experience, then I'm open to explore it! Having a daily pot where users can upvote/ downvote where it gets distributed certainly sounds doable.

CZ, could bigj have the hard fork but in a way that BBR has e.g. 1% of mined limited to 1 year for a purpose? Miners should agree on this, it will distribute BBR to humans through a game which adds value at this age of BBR,  and 1 year limits any inefficiencies that may/will develop for the process?

In my view, it is undesirable (and unnecessary) to build rewards for promoting BBR into the protocol itself, even for a limited period of time.

Incentivising devs to continually improve the code base I understand. However an online game like Popboolr can (and should) have a model that is self-financing or (worse case) donation based rather than having its funding built into the currency.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Hi all,

Many thanks to those that have taken the time to test Popboolr and provide feedback. Apologies for the radio-silence, I've been out of the country for a few weeks and have returned to a mountain of work... so not much time for this labour of love!

I do have one question. You are looking at 60 minutes of Twitter data right? I imagine that is a lot of data. Several times when playing the game froze up and became temporarily unresponsive. I wonder if it is related to your need to parse and update so much information. Would it help to either decrease the amount of Twitter data you are parsing (maybe only the last 30 minutes) or slightly decrease how often you update it?

I downsized the server capacity before I went away, this may account for the unresponsiveness. I'll ramp it up again when I resume development.

Ultimately Popboolr is an ambitious project with an aim to handle a lot more data (in real time) than it parses at the moment. However I'll look into adjusting the parameters, for now, in order to get a workable prototype up and running .

Could the platform be modified such that it watches for hashtags if having a kinda image of e.g. BBR logo shaped from a food (and an address to clam a part of the e.g. daily reward. And for the platform to have vote-ups and downs, once a day, and basically to split a rewards between claimers and ppl posting food made bbr logo incarnations Smiley I'm probably going too far here, but there was a mention of just brainstorming, and that would create a market with a dynamics

How about only being able to claim tweets that mention certain keywords like #crypto #bitcoin #CryptoNote #Boolberry #privacy #fungible, etc. Naturally #Boolberry should have the highest possible reward!

Or you could create incentives to create content that is later claimed by players. For example the person that Tweeted something mentioning #boolberry (assuming they are registered with popboolr) could receive a reward 5x as large as the person who claimed the Tweet. Creating content is harder than claiming Tweets and also more valuable to Boolberry assuming that content is relevant.

There are a number of ideas I have around associating bool rewards with certain hashtags. Even letting users (let's call them 'Sponsors') create their on hashtags and define the pot amount/ reward per tweet or retweet. As a further step other users can upvote and devote those tweets to increase/ decrease the rewards.

E.g. Nike sponsor #JustDoIt. Alice tweets something witty using the hashtag #JustDoIt that gets retweeted numerous times. Alice comes to Popboolr  and claims a reward for her tweet and the retweets. On top of this,  other visitors to Popboolr reward Alice further by upvoting her tweet on Popboolr. E.g. Bob, upvotes and awards Alice 100 bools out of his balance.

These are more "Phase Two" Popboolr features.... one of the considerations in doing this however is to avoid Popboolr becoming a Twitter spam vehicle.

Two features I'm definitely looking to introduce before going live with "Phase One" are:

(1) Daily Leaderboard
- at the moment there is just a single all time leaderboard. These can be pretty daunting for new Players. I want to reset the leaderboard daily and allow users to compete each day to top the charts. Users can then boost their status and reputation based how well there have done on the daily, monthly, yearly basis. With archive data and statistics on Players performances.

- I'm looking to create a user accounts page that allows users to automatically cash out to their BBR wallet by simply entering how much they wish to cash out and to what BBR address.

That's all for now. Thanks again for your engagement. I'm pretty flat out until Christmas, however hopefully I'll get an opportunity to resume work in earnest on Popboolr over the holiday period.

Damashup

Like a Proof of Constructive Human Work? Smiley I still like that idea the most, and "to be eaten food" is kinda easy to proof to be constructive human work. Living in a house shaped as the BBR logo would be even better proof  Cheesy

CZ, could bigj have the hard fork but in a way that BBR has e.g. 1% of mined limited to 1 year for a purpose? Miners should agree on this, it will distribute BBR to humans through a game which adds value at this age of BBR,  and 1 year limits any inefficiencies that may/will develop for the process?

Yes! Using some of the 1% for game promotion wold spread BBR usage.

Where can I buy a BBR logo shaped house?

Cheesy

CZ, Do you own boolberry.com Are you still allowing people to register for the forum there? Or should we just keep using Reddit and Bitcointalk?
Hi all,

E.g. Nike sponsor #JustDoIt. Alice tweets something witty using the hashtag #JustDoIt that gets retweeted numerous times. Alice comes to Popboolr  and claims a reward for her tweet and the retweets. On top of this,  other visitors to Popboolr reward Alice further by upvoting her tweet on Popboolr. E.g. Bob, upvotes and awards Alice 100 bools out of his balance.

(1) Daily Leaderboard

Damashup

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Hi all,

(1) Daily Leaderboard

Damashup

Activity: 259
Hi all,

(1) Daily Leaderboard

Damashup

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Do you all agree with this pruning comparison between Boolberry and Aeon?

Corrections, clarifications or any different perspective from Boolberry advocates are welcome and will be added to the AEON Pruning FAQ (at least if well written). Especially, but not exclusively, this part:

Q: How does AEON's pruning compare with Boolberry's pruning?

A: AEON prunes slightly more information from the blockchain, so the required storage is slightly smaller (given equivalent usage), though the difference is likely not particularly significant. BBR prunes the blockchain on the entire network while AEON prunes on each node individually (and only if pruning is enabled). This means that new nodes can come online faster with BBR, but those new nodes are unable to independently verify the entire blockchain. It is possible to download an unpruned BBR blockchain from a web site to independently verify it, but in that case the amount of data downloaded would be the same as AEON. It also means that every BBR node is able to serve the chain to new users but in AEON this function falls to nodes that are unpruned, also known as "archive nodes" (or alternately via a trusted bootstrap file).

I noticed in reading that just now one additional distinction: Boolberry does not have the limitation of being unable to rescan an old wallet from a pruned node. I'll add that to the FAQ when I update it.
Popboolr update

"Putting the 'pop' into Popboolr"

I'm pleased to announce further updates to Popboolr new game functionality for Popboolr.

Pop em
- now when a player claims bools, the points are not locked in until new set of unclaimed bools have been claimed in the game. During this period the bools are vulnerable. They can be "popped" (taken) by another player by clicking the 'Pop em' button. Once popped the previous claimer loses the bools and they are provisionally awarded to the player who popped them. The new claimer also gets 1 additional bonus  bool. All of the new claimers bools are vulnerable until another set of unclaimed bools are claimed.
- A player cannot pop their own bools. Doing so will result in a player losing x2 the amount of Bools they attempted to pop.

Claims list page
Shows (in real-time),
- the latest claims and pops as they are made

Stats pages
Shows (in real-time),
- number of bools available
- number of claims made
- exchange rates (Bools to Boolberry to Bitcoin)

Server
- updates to the server software, including a bit more extra 'grunt'

I've also added a few more nice touches... Please check out the site if you get a chance - http://popboolr.com. The more people that give the game a try, the better!

I'll be taking a bit of a hiatus for a few weeks as I have other pressing matters to attend to. I will however endeavour to keep the test site on line, fix bugs and add minor updates (including more comprehensive instructions on how to play) in the interim. I've alot more ideas on where to take the game so expect more features and developments in the next few months!

Damashup

I finally tried the game today and like it. When you go live I would be willing to donate some BBR to the game (as rewards for players when bools are converted to Boolberry).

Like a hashtag?

Damashup

CZ, some was mentioning hardfork solution, i'de support e.g. 1% to be allocated (on top pf devs part before someone proposes something that makes most sence for it) for such (harder to game Proof of Constructive Human Work) purposes  only if severely limited to a part of a business cycle, e.g. 2 years or something Smiley

This game really makes me want to join Twitter! I hope it brings in lots more Boolberry users.
Activity: 198
IMHO, the next step for BBR is that CZ changes (simplifies) the code base such that it could be (easily) taken over by some group of interested devs. Right now, the source code reads unready compared to, e.g., XMR code. There were also a couple of problems, when I remember correctly, with compiling the BBR code. The latter is probably the most important thing that should be improved. BBR code must compile for everyone on Linux and Windows and, maybe, MacOS too. When that stage is reached (maybe it is already reached; but not to my knowledge), BBR can start to evolve. To me, BBR looks like a frozen fish right now that either needs to be eaten asap, or revived and put back into water. Of course, I am in favor of life Wink
Cross post from the (moved) speculation thread:

I just realized this thread was moved to announcements from the altcoin section?

Why? Who requested the change?

Its purpose is very similar to these threads which remain in the correct section:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-speculation-753252
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/aeon-aeon-speculation-1197508

Boolberry should be treated the same as other CryptoNote coins!

If a moderator sees this, please move our thread back here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

Thank you

I only wanted us treated the same as the Monero and Aeon speculation threads mentioned above. We do not need two threads in the announcement section. For some reason the moderators must have thought it looked too much like an announcement thread.

The chess thread/cryptonote technical discussion thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1190988)is doing well in the alt coin section. I propose damashup start a new thread where to discuss and provide feedback for popboolr. The altcoin section seems like the right place to me. Does everyone agree?
Popboolr update

I'm pleased to announce further updates to Popboolr new game functionality for Popboolr.

Pop em
- now when a player claims bools, the points are not locked in until new set of unclaimed bools have been claimed in the game. During this period the bools are vulnerable. They can be "popped" (taken) by another player by clicking the 'Pop em' button. Once popped the previous claimer loses the bools and they are provisionally awarded to the player who popped them. The new claimer also gets 1 additional bonus  bool. All of the new claimers bools are vulnerable until another set of unclaimed bools are claimed.
- A player cannot pop their own bools. Doing so will result in a player losing x2 the amount of Bools they attempted to pop.

Claims list page
Shows (in real-time),

Stats pages
Shows (in real-time),
- number of claims made

Server

I've also added a few more nice touches... Please check out the site if you get a chance - http://popboolr.com. The more people that give the game a try, the better!

I'll be taking a bit of a hiatus for a few weeks as I have other pressing matters to attend to. I will however endeavour to keep the test site on line, fix bugs and add minor updates (including more comprehensive instructions on how to play) in the interim. I've alot more ideas on where to take the game so expect more features and developments in the next few months!

Damashup

I finally tried the game today and like it. When you go live I would be willing to donate some BBR to the game (as rewards for players when bools are converted to Boolberry).

Like a hashtag?

Damashup

CZ, some was mentioning hardfork solution, i'de support e.g. 1% to be allocated (on top pf devs part before someone proposes something that makes most sence for it) for such (harder to game Proof of Constructive Human Work) purposes  only if severely limited to a part of a business cycle, e.g. 2 years or something Smiley

Popboolr update

Pop em

Claims list page
Shows (in real-time),

Stats pages
Shows (in real-time),
- number of claims made

Server

Damashup

Like a hashtag?

Damashup

Activity: 158
Popboolr update

Pop em
- now when a player claims bools, the points are not locked in until new set of unclaimed bools have been claimed in the game. During this period the bools are vulnerable. They can be "popped" (taken) by another player by clicking the 'Pop em' button. Once popped the previous claimer loses the bools and they are provisionally awarded to the player who popped them. The new claimer also gets 1 additional bonus  bool. All of the new claimers bools are vulnerable until another set of unclaimed bools are claimed.

Claims list page
Shows (in real-time),

Stats pages
Shows (in real-time),
- number of claims made

Server

Damashup

Anyone else notice that crypto_zoidberg logged in again today? Hello!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cryptozoidberg-170073

I'm here, no worries.

Btw, i was told that Wolf complained about me on #monero chanel, well, just to put light on it, if someone interested what happend:

We were looking for someone to make x11 GPU miner, both for OpenCL and CUDA, as he is well known as a good developer for such things, i offered him to do that.
Here was my offer:
We finally need code for both platforms(Linux&Windows)  OpenCL and CUDA implementations.
It could be not perfect implementations, but it should work fine with Clintar's pool.
Ready pay 600$ for everything, including testing on pool and easy HOWTO use/build.  
Zoidberg
And here is his answer:
Very well. My GitHub name is wolf9466. The current Bitstamp BTC price is $227.88; I'll round up to $228. Send half to me to start, half on completion. If the BTC price changes by more than 15%, up OR down, the remaining payment is to be re-negotiated.

He was prepaid with $487 out of the $600(even more then he asked) and the deal was to have finally done both opencl and cuda miners. Since for Opencl there was not much work there(cz it was already public implementation of it), so i’ve made a deal with him to make both miners working, even without optimizations.

That talk happend at 1-st of September!
He hang us for more then 2 months and finaly said then he is not going to make CUDA, i have to hire some one else.
Well, then i asked him to return money, since he failed to finish contract in my opinion, despite the fact that he adapt opencl version to cryptonote block size (Mostly i wanted to return money because of wasted a lot of  our time actually)

All our communication made in bitcointalk pm, so it's could be validated by sysadmins if someones cares.

You can say that i'm wrong in some way, but according to my standarts if you applied for job and got prepayment, and then gave up - you should return prepayment, and also say "sorry for your lost time" to your employer, in case there was no other conditions.

Zoidberg.

I did offer to return 487 - 300 = 187 USD. Because that's fair.

Also, here is what he said to me:

The deal conditions was both working and tested miner.
We didn't talk about half work - half price.

We've lost time while i was wating you, and you managed to quit.
So please, refund money that i paid you forward, if you care about your reputation.

Zoidberg.

I can't test at all currently due to Clintar's pool not accepting the Stratum auth...

Man, is there any hope you to get finished the job ? Or i need to hire someone else ?

It's long time actually gone...

Zoidberg

You can hire someone else. I'm sorry - I just can't get it to work.

But you already took half of the money, since you managed to quit, can you return it ?

Zoidberg

I also gave you a working sgminer, remember?

Honestly, I should say I would have returned the 187 USD if he hadn't fucking tried to threaten me, but you know what, I'll return it anyways.

CZ may also be kinda saying that, if you were older you would probably do this one for free Smiley

I might add that, do not  everything that one wishes happens in life, unless one wish for something too hard. Have fun on holidays, but do your magic after New year if you would. You have a knowledge to have  all goodies of life, just don't rush it mate.

Wouldn't the first iteration of OS FPGA miner kinda create an market?
Activity: 198
To me the case is clear. We are talking about cz's reputation here, no one else's.

The little BBR needs his dad! (Or mom?) Hey, cz it is time to finally return to your child. You are being missed.

We were looking for someone to make x11 GPU miner

X11 miner eh?  Unless you plan to change POW, why are you abandoning this coin so fast?

It was probably for the other coin he's working on, which he has said several times does not mean he is abandoning this coin. He's said that he doing both.

I agree with smooth.

There is nothing wrong with having more than 1 project! We all appreciate the work of crypto_zoidberg and are eager to see how the new Boolberry db branch (https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry/tree/db) works upon release.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

We were looking for someone to make x11 GPU miner

X11 miner eh?  Unless you plan to change POW, why are you abandoning this coin so fast?

It was probably for the other coin he's working on, which he has said several times does not mean he is abandoning this coin. He's said that he doing both.

I'm not sure why he felt he needed to come back to THIS thread and air some disagreement he has with Wolf about the other coin though.
Jump to: