Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 214. (Read 1210750 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

Updated chainradar.com with pools information!

Find a pool best suited for yourself and you currency. Provided pool info: Name, Other coins, Version, Fee, Minimal payment, Miners, Hashrate, Uptime, Last server down.

Please don't hesitate to contact me through the contact form on the website or via the forum. Smiley
pt7
Another crazy thought here that might benefit both bbr and lou.  Instead of pow, consider burning bbr. Same as counterparty, except burning bbr instead of btc.
Anyway, just a thought.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Hi Guys
Just a couple of thoughts, CZ announcing a new project is pretty cool. People that can make things happen have that choice, and I know most if not all would agree that CZ has the ability and integrity to do it.

However the more interesting question for me at least, is what name will the new coin have? After the amount that were submitted here a while ago. Grin

On a more serious note, I would be happy to send a miner CZs way if we get a heads up here about the new project before its release. I think it would be a great chance to get in on the ground floor with a trusted DEV

It would be a first for me at least.

Jon  Wink 
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
The strongest point to invest in BBR is crypto_zoidberg's skill and his dedication.

However, when he thinks that BBR is not good enough. He has to develop another coin. BBR loses developer's dedication. When uncertainty comes, I go.

Did you read his recent posts regarding BBR and his other project?  Where did you get "not good enough" from?

I don't really see how CZ working on another project hurts BBR.  Especially since he's using the same code base.  Regardless, he's free to do whatever he wants just like you.   

PS About Boolberry: In any case Boolbery is my primary project, and since both this projects based on the same code base - it will be win-win for both of this project from technology point of view. ATM scruffy is working on BBR new wallet version since i want to have second developer who familiar with BBR code, so this took more time that i expected, but this is need for project safety, a lot of people were talked about it before in this thread.

Zoidberg

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The strongest point to invest in BBR is crypto_zoidberg's skill and his dedication.

However, when he thinks that BBR is not good enough. He has to develop another coin, which is a BBR's competitor itself. BBR loses developer's dedication. When uncertainty comes, I go.
pt7
I feel this is a betrayal of loyal BBR investors/supporters.  Why not eventually add POS to BBR?   Is there any plan to distribute any of the new coins to BBR bag holders?

CZ is allowed to do things besides BBR.  He is not your slave.

When Sunny King created Primecoin it was not a betrayal of Peercoin investors/supporters, because POW and POS coins are different products.  Sunny King enhanced the reputation of PPC, his first coin, by creating another spectacularly innovative one in the form of XPM.  The same logic applies here.

The more well known CZ is, the better off BBR will be.  If CZ can beat Darknote to the first Cryptonite POS implementation that would be a very nice feather in his hat and also in BBR's by association.

The plan to distribute the new coin to BBR holders is: rage/panic sell your BBR, then buy the new coin when it's available.   Smiley
I cannot argue against your reasoning since you are correct.  I did overreact a bit, and my apologies to CZ. 
I am glad that I did not follow through on my panic sell. Smiley
legendary
c-z says he has future plans for bbr and has made the announcement instead of disappearing completely. really the price is in a bad spot for anyone holding but bbr is still a work in progress.

i'll watch to see how things go in the coming months with this and the new project. not a fan of POS but it's all very interesting to see develop! Smiley

I'm not a fan of POS either and I'm glad that CZ isn't merging POS into BBR.

For some reason people think if a dev isn't posting in the thread every five minutes that they have abandoned the coin.  At least with BBR you don't get a bunch of promises.  When something is ready it's released.

Activity: 117
Merit: 100
c-z says he has future plans for bbr and has made the announcement instead of disappearing completely. really the price is in a bad spot for anyone holding but bbr is still a work in progress.

i'll watch to see how things go in the coming months with this and the new project. not a fan of POS but it's all very interesting to see develop! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I feel this is a betrayal of loyal BBR investors/supporters.  Why not eventually add POS to BBR?   Is there any plan to distribute any of the new coins to BBR bag holders?

CZ is allowed to do things besides BBR.  He is not your slave.

When Sunny King created Primecoin it was not a betrayal of Peercoin investors/supporters, because POW and POS coins are different products.  Sunny King enhanced the reputation of PPC, his first coin, by creating another spectacularly innovative one in the form of XPM.  The same logic applies here.

The more well known CZ is, the better off BBR will be.  If CZ can beat Darknote to the first Cryptonite POS implementation that would be a very nice feather in his hat and also in BBR's by association.

The plan to distribute the new coin to BBR holders is: rage/panic sell your BBR, then buy the new coin when it's available.   Smiley
Activity: 198
Buy side on Polo is down to 0.98204957 BTC..

Buy side on Polo is up to 1.45313139 BTC.. better but still not good.
legendary
I feel current situation as my fault: I was too slow with new  GUI implementation and price is going down because some people think that BBR can be abandoned.

I'm trying to complete it ASAP to fix this problem.)

No it's not your fault.
Activity: 198
Buy side on Polo is down to 0.98204957 BTC..
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
I feel current situation as my fault: I was too slow with new  GUI implementation and price is going down because some people think that BBR can be abandoned.

It's not your fault. There is also BBR:XMR ratio and xmr in also in capitulation mode + BTC is falling and people want to get in cash to buy back later.

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

legendary
CZ fucked me.

And just how did they do that?

Please elaborate.
legendary
I feel this is a betrayal of loyal BBR investors/supporters.  Why not eventually add POS to BBR?  Is there any plan to distribute any of the new coins to BBR bag holders?
 Cry

I'll write it only once for all who interested.
There was two ways to survive:

1. Transform BBR to some kind of scam with hard fork (any radical changes gonna be scam, including converting BBR into a PoS, since many people don't like PoS coins) and to seize money from BBR. This would be true betrayal. As you may know, i've decided to not kill this project in that way, since i have a future plans for this project.

2. The second was to work out some other interesting project with the same codebase, to cover live spendings, and to keep BBR as it originally was conceived.

I've chosed second way. Befor new year we going to release new GUI, and next release will be the new wallet mode, that actualy utilize fully anonymouse outputs feature. But still, if someone don't like this my attitude - i don't have time and intention to convince you - feel free to quit.

Zoidberg

Focus your energies on coding not appeasing everybody.  No matter what you do there will be people that are unhappy.  

Looking forward to the new GUI and other features you have for BBR.  I'm also looking forward to this spring when you release your other project.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
CZ fucked me.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
I feel this is a betrayal of loyal BBR investors/supporters.  Why not eventually add POS to BBR?  Is there any plan to distribute any of the new coins to BBR bag holders?
 Cry

1. Transform BBR to some kind of scam with hard fork (any radical changes gonna be scam, including converting BBR into a PoS, since many people don't like PoS coins) and to seize money from BBR. This would be true betrayal. As you may know, i've decided to not kill this project in that way, since i have a future plans for this project.

2. The second was to work out some other interesting project with the same codebase, to cover live spendings, and to keep BBR as it originally was conceived.

I've chosed second way. Befor new year we going to release new GUI, and next release will be the new wallet mode, that actualy utilize fully anonymouse outputs feature. But still, if someone don't like this my attitude - i don't have time and intention to convince you - feel free to quit.

Zoidberg

I don't think anyone can (seriously) begrudge you the opportunity to use your talents to put food on your table.

Besides, a PoS/ CryptoNote coin, with a proven dev could prove a decent hedge for those invested in PoW/ CryptoNote coins.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Hello folk!

During last weeks I was working on CN-based PoS project for my friends and i’m happy to introduce this work for technical review if anyone interested.
As i said, this is CryptoNote-based PoS/PoW hybrid, it seems to be first anonymous PoS project (PoS mining is also anonymous). According to my experience in bitcointalk forum here is a lot of people who like to criticize my work, especially from Monero clan, so you guys is welcome to fight!

We have about 4-5 BTC of bounties for people who gonna find bugs/flaws in design or implementation: most serious critical flaw gonna get 2 BTC, next less critical 1 BTC, next 0.5 BTC and so on.

Here is thread for discussion: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/louisdorcodename-first-anonymous-pos-cn-based-currency-technical-review-887482

PS About Boolberry: In any case Boolbery is my primary project, and since both this projects based on the same code base - it will be win-win for both of this project from technology point of view. ATM scruffy is working on BBR new wallet version since i want to have second developer who familiar with BBR code, so this took more time that i expected, but this is need for project safety, a lot of people were talked about it before in this thread.

Zoidberg

Glad to hear that Boolberry will remain your primary project. Also good to see you have a second developer on board. Look forward to more BBR developments!

Good luck with your PoS/ CryptoNote project. I'll be keeping a watching brief. If nothing else the debate about the name (Louisd'or) should be lively!  Wink
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
 Cry

Zoidberg
Jump to: