Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 286. (Read 1210750 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
My advice to CZ (for what it's worth), is to go with YOUR instinct on the name.

Everyone will have an opinion on why the name should be kept or changed or why X name will attract more/ less investors.

Truth is it's all academic.

It's disruptive technology. Call it want you want, provided the technology stands up, the name will be synonymous with the disruption it causes.

Activity: 336
Merit: 260
+1 for keeping it Boolberry.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
Agree fully with comments by HinnomTX and smooth.

Personally originally I had hated boolberry for it's silly and playful connotations. Marginally better than honeypenny but seemingly not chosen by a native speaker, my choice was keccash (mispronounced) as a replacement- 2 syllables, reflects cash properties, reference to underlying pow algo etc, unique, domains available etc, it's not amazing either really

however in the meantime BBR name has grown on me lot more than expected, think few others had said the same- There are thousands of Xcoins and Ycoins but only one boolberry.  

As mentioned by others there have been in the past things perceived as 'childish' name for non-childish projects such as yahoo or google. Of course, to 'google' something is now a commonly accepted verb

Boolberry can be referred to easily by the short ticker BBR - it's not a mouthful-  the fact it's a unique term not previously associated with any project, with boolberry.com, boolberry.org domains available as mentioned is not insignificant. It will be a battle to associate a vague term with this project exclusively, we do not have the same level of resources and fat wallets to throw at marketing as ripple labs.

I don't think it's important to spend too much energy on the name at this point, it would of been best before the coin launched as finding consensus now will be tricky. But do think a rebrand might be interesting- even if only to put the moaning about the kiddy name which has been heard on a number of occasions to rest finally. RUNE in letters at the top of a wallet certainly feels a lot more cypherpunk than BoolBerry

Maybe community will naturally adopt the term they like most and run with it. regardless of what official name is - whether that is BBR, XRN, XRU etc
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
BBR devs seem to have no problem disrespecting the BBR community by not even having an option to keep the name Boolberry.
+1
Silent partner here, sitting on a considerable stash of BBR. The unilateral decision making here is appalling. CZ, listen to your community and set up a real vote, please!

Ponder this for a sec: Boolberry works well because it googles perfectly. Page after page of references to the coin, and nothing else. It doesn't even get autocorrected to Boo Berry. When newbies hear about 'Vortex' it's gonna be no fun finding that needle in the haystack of information on vortices.

How about Ripple, Stellar, or Quark?  The do not google well but are in top 20.
BTW: You do not seem to be a silent partner for DRK.   
Yes, I'm a silent partner for many cryptos, and cannot follow them everyday. I dedicate some time to DRK's testnet because DRK is serious coin. I invest in competent developers, not the brand. Honeypenny and Boolbery have never been strong names, but I know innovation when I see it.

I will continue to support BBR regardless of the name, but I have to break silence when I see the community being coerced unfairly into new branding. I had to point out the search engine angle. Choose a bad name and it will be another uphill battle to get the recognition deserved here.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
BBR devs seem to have no problem disrespecting the BBR community by not even having an option to keep the name Boolberry.
+1
Silent partner here, sitting on a considerable stash of BBR. The unilateral decision making here is appalling. CZ, listen to your community and set up a real vote, please!

Ponder this for a sec: Boolberry works well because it googles perfectly. Page after page of references to the coin, and nothing else. It doesn't even get autocorrected to Boo Berry. When newbies hear about 'Vortex' it's gonna be no fun finding that needle in the haystack of information on vortices.

How about Ripple, Stellar, or Quark?  The do not google well but are in top 20.

Ripple and Stellar are VC- or corporate-funded startups with large budgets for marketing and PR. Quark is a shitcoin that happened to get pumped once and hasn't quite finished its slow decline to zero yet (but almost there relatively speaking), so who cares about it?

pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
+1

How about Ripple, Stellar, or Quark?  The do not google well but are in top 20.
BTW: You do not seem to be a silent partner for DRK.   
legendary
Boolberry works well because it googles perfectly.

Yup. Free SEO is worth a lot. Anyone proposing to change to a word that doesn't have that should be putting forward an estimate of the necessary costs and time necessary to effectively SEO another name.

Activity: 525
+1

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Even though I sort of liked the Boolberry name, I agree that it should not be a voting option at least for the following reason:

That ghost looks stoned as hell.  Makes sense actually.

Also, I want a "boo hooter"
pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Even though I sort of liked the Boolberry name, I agree that it should not be a voting option at least for the following reason:

legendary
I'm not really a "member of the community" although I've mined some and I hold a little, but I agree with the sentiment that a sincere community vote should include the option to retain the name. Otherwise you are making use of the "whoever controls the vote controls the results" principle and the vote is a sham.

I think couple of monero shills have expressed this deep desire to keep the name Boolberry and their posts are not being deleted if they are sincere on the voting thread. Only darlidada/nekamoto sockpuppets are being deleted for being consistently repugnant. I am guessing this is why there is no poll option on the thread.

For the record, I full expected you to come here and show the support to keep the name BBR. Just very predictable mate.

Eh, I don't really support it. I've suggested in the past that it be changed. I just think if there is a vote "no change" should be an option. That's all. I'm not even sure there should be a vote (maybe just a poll), but if there is a vote, don't do a sham vote with one obvious option conspicuously missing.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
I personally like Rune better than boolberry.  Sounds strong and secretive.  But people will complain no matter what you do.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
I'm a monero supporter and hedge with same number of bbr.  I'm not a fan of the boolberry name.  But less of a fan of the new ones.  Regardless I'll keep matching with equal amounts of bbr/xmr
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
I'm not really a "member of the community" although I've mined some and I hold a little, but I agree with the sentiment that a sincere community vote should include the option to retain the name. Otherwise you are making use of the "whoever controls the vote controls the results" principle and the vote is a sham.

I think couple of monero shills have expressed this deep desire to keep the name Boolberry and their posts are not being deleted if they are sincere on the voting thread. Only darlidada/nekamoto sockpuppets are being deleted for being consistently repugnant. I am guessing this is why there is no poll option on the thread.

For the record, I full expected you to come here and show the support to keep the name BBR. Just very predictable mate.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
CZ is literally hitler.

lol, who would have thought that hitler would return as a jewish space lobster Cheesy
legendary
Who said anything about vote

Uh, the people running the vote?

Nobody told them to run a vote, but if you are going to run a vote the existing name should be one of the options. That is simply my opinion.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Really. Limiting the fourth renaming poll of the cryptocurrency you started to a measly three options after the previous polls with 1000 options including the status quo returned no consensus?! Absurd. CZ is literally hitler.

The names of proper cryptocurrencies are voted on by at least 1,000,000 sockpuppets community members in a poll with at least 1,000,000,000 generic nouns options. Name one successful cryptocurrency that was not named democratically.

P.S. Boolberry is a terrible name, I will now make fun of it.

/s In all seriousness, I like the name Boolberry but it is far too controversial. If we keep it again, this will only continue and I am sick of the name issue. The name doesn't matter.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

Who said anything about vote, it's choice of lump it like it..... This Sir is not a Democracy.......I vote for Aardvark Coin at least it will be at the top of list.......it's as good a name as the given choices...IMHO

Jon  Grin 
legendary

Activity: 605
Jump to: