Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 288. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

Are we affected of what ? He didn't say anything concrete. Atm it looks like classic FUD, because i can't see any other goal behind this post.

But still, every cryptocurrency has a possibility to have flaws - with his post or without, devs should always keep our eyes open. We do.

how it is possible for a locally encrypted wallet to be compromised is beyond me.
conveniently he says there is a workaround to this unlikely result that just happens to require losing the anonymity
however, it also seems unlikely that losing anonymity will solve any wallet stealing

without any specifics, this is artful FUD

It might almost be possible to prove that a local wallet cannot be stolen externally via the blockchain unless the encryption of the wallet is cracked and that the wallet contents are somehow able to be transferred to the attacker! I can see the theoretical possibility of unspent funds being spent without the wallet, which is what happened to XCP. Still for someone to be making such claims, he is either the top cryptonote dev in the world or it is FUD

James

I thought the wording was strange as well, "under the right conditions" and "To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed" seem not to mix in the same sentence. The claims seem contradictory.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Trying to compile Wolf cudaminer https://github.com/wolf9466/bbr-cudaminer on Ubuntu 14.04
Installed CUDA 6.5 + NVdrivers 340
Code:
gcc -std=gnu11 -Ofast -c cpu-miner.c -o cpu-miner.o
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option вЂ˜-std=gnu11’
make: *** [all] Error 1
Can comeone help me?

Use gcc which supports -std=gnu11 (gcc 4.7+) or change -std=gnu11 to -std=gnu99 in Makefile
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
Trying to compile Wolf cudaminer https://github.com/wolf9466/bbr-cudaminer on Ubuntu 14.04
Installed CUDA 6.5 + NVdrivers 340
Code:
gcc -std=gnu11 -Ofast -c cpu-miner.c -o cpu-miner.o
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option вЂ˜-std=gnu11’
make: *** [all] Error 1
Can comeone help me?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

Are we affected of what ? He didn't say anything concrete. Atm it looks like classic FUD, because i can't see any other goal behind this post.

But still, every cryptocurrency has a possibility to have flaws - with his post or without, devs should always keep our eyes open. We do.

how it is possible for a locally encrypted wallet to be compromised is beyond me.
conveniently he says there is a workaround to this unlikely result that just happens to require losing the anonymity
however, it also seems unlikely that losing anonymity will solve any wallet stealing

without any specifics, this is artful FUD

It might almost be possible to prove that a local wallet cannot be stolen externally via the blockchain unless the encryption of the wallet is cracked and that the wallet contents are somehow able to be transferred to the attacker! I can see the theoretical possibility of unspent funds being spent without the wallet, which is what happened to XCP. Still for someone to be making such claims, he is either the top cryptonote dev in the world or it is FUD

James
Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Unless Monero devs changed the core CN ring stuff then I would say all Cn coins are at risk.  Then again BBR is the only other coin that needs to care.

Awwwww the monero shills are here to protect their future.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 976
Merit: 646

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Unless Monero devs changed the core CN ring stuff then I would say all Cn coins are at risk.  Then again BBR is the only other coin that needs to care.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I sent a transaction 18 hours ago of 32 BBR. My network died just as I hit the send button and the transaction has failed.

In my wallet the transaction is unconfirmed, but the TXID does not appear in the blockchain explorer. The funds have been locked.

I have tried redownloading the blockchain to no effect.

Will the transaction eventually clear of it's own accord or do I need to do something else?

Try this http://boolberry.com/howto.html#rebuild_wallet_datafile and let us know if you solved problem!

Worked perfectly, thanks Zoidberg, brilliant as usual  Grin
Any problems with the network?

For some reason I can't sync with the block chain, it keeps saying "loading blockchain data" and nothing happens.

Do you use windows version ?
I guess i know what the bug is, try to download blockchain from website: http://boolberry.com/downloads/windows/blockchain.bin (if you use windows) and load GUI from that.
Next build will be with fix for this problem.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
I like this coin.
Hold and pumb
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Any problems with the network?

For some reason I can't sync with the block chain, it keeps saying "loading blockchain data" and nothing happens.
Good news!
BBR has been added at Coin-Swap.net!

https://coin-swap.net/market/BBR/BTC

Zoidberg
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I sent a transaction 18 hours ago of 32 BBR. My network died just as I hit the send button and the transaction has failed.

In my wallet the transaction is unconfirmed, but the TXID does not appear in the blockchain explorer. The funds have been locked.

Will the transaction eventually clear of it's own accord or do I need to do something else?

If you have a backup of your wallet, use that wallet.
hey, i usually miss my BBR from tranfer my wallet to bittrex.com, in my wallet it show unconfirm, what wroong with?

Try this http://boolberry.com/howto.html#rebuild_wallet_datafile
btw: i'm working on this problem...
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Glow Like Dat
hey, i usually miss my BBR from tranfer my wallet to bittrex.com, in my wallet it show unconfirm, what wroong with?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
If someone missed the announcement - you can now trade on BTER, please support exchange and move part of your BBR there.

BTER is by volume 4x bigger than Poloniex, so I believe it will soon become the primary BBR exchange. We should take this as an advantage as we are now exposed to the Chinese market and make a fresh start and say goodbye to the negative propaganda in Poloniex trollbox.

Absolutely!  In addition to this point, we are looking for Chinese traders and representatives to the Chinese alt coin world community. If you are a BBR supporter, HODLer or fan, and have contacts in the Chinese community please let me know. Because BBR is the most superior anon tech coin, it has a lot of useful benefits to particularly Chinese traders. We want to start making friends in these circles as soon as possible.

Cheers

Try this http://boolberry.com/howto.html#rebuild_wallet_datafile and let us know if you solved problem!
Activity: 658

Activity: 538
If someone missed the announcement - you can now trade on BTER, please support exchange and move part of your BBR there.

BTER is by volume 4x bigger than Poloniex, so I believe it will soon become the primary BBR exchange. We should take this as an advantage as we are now exposed to the Chinese market and make a fresh start and say goodbye to the negative propaganda in Poloniex trollbox.
Jump to: