Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 310. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 253
Merit: 250
Let's Boolberry
Stop attacking each other between BBR and XMR.
They both the cryptonote and have some different.
We should try to solve the bug now.
legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

Hey, there is a serious flaw in cryptonote.
XMR has been the first targeted.
Is BBR ready for this ?

How do you know there is a flaw in cryptonote ? I just heard about a corrupted block in monero blockchain probably following an attack.
until somebody (CZ!) that understands the tx processing solves how this was done, anybody that says they know this is applicable to all cryptonotes including BBR is not telling you the truth. Now I think it is safe to say that all the non-BBR cryptonotes have this vulnerability as they cut and paste this part of the code, but CZ specifically modified the block format and that code is adjacent to this, so even without knowing it he could have easily found and fixed a flaw. Especially if it is some overflow bug.

so BBR is the only cryptonote with a chance to not be vulnerable to this flaw, but until we properly identify it, we can only guess.

James

You need to stop the bullshit, tacotime is as capable as zoidberg to fix this and identify the issue, I actually am on good terms with zoidberg now, as I realize he isn't making up pure crap, it's you.

I used the word somebody. I put (CZ!) as I think he is capable of this. I dont know the XMR devs, there are so many I have no idea who is familiar with which part. I meant no disrespect by using the word "somebody". this is a crisis for all cryptonote and I am trying to help, so I am not sure why you are making swear words at me.

James
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Sill waiting for CZ updates: ready to buy or sell based on facts

sell where? trading is frozen...

BTC/BBR open at poloniex.
XMR/BBR open at poloniex.
Sill waiting for CZ updates: ready to buy or sell based on facts
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

I think investors should consider the cryptonote flaw.
All cryptonote devs should look at this issue.
Exchanges should be ready to freeze anytime.

I'm getting ready to buy if a massive dump happen.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
Probably you both want more cheap BBR lol

No, actually, by freezing BBR you are going to get a bigger dump.

Exhibit 1 - cognitive dissonance
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

Let's see how it unfolds..
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Someone should ask Poloniex to freeze BBR trading too (IMHO).
I did in the trollbox..

EDIT: Tweeted to hitbtc too
https://twitter.com/kLee1977/status/507451026279268352

Do they have BBR there?

Why?? There has been no attack on BBR. You are over reacting.

I agree, it's premature to block coins even when we have no idea what part of the code is responsible and the true nature of the attack, it might be a purely monero specific flaw.
Activity: 700
As a precaution bittrex will be freezing all cryptonote coins https://twitter.com/ramikawach/status/507446773535604736
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
I did in the trollbox..

Do they have BBR there?

Why?? There has been no attack on BBR. You are over reacting.
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
I did in the trollbox..

Would cause a lot of panic even though BBR may not be effected. But I agree. Better safe than sorry. 
legendary
I did in the trollbox..

Do they have BBR there?
Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Hey, there is a serious flaw in cryptonote.
XMR has been the first targeted.
Is BBR ready for this ?

How do you know there is a flaw in cryptonote ? I just heard about a corrupted block in monero blockchain probably following an attack.
until somebody (CZ!) that understands the tx processing solves how this was done, anybody that says they know this is applicable to all cryptonotes including BBR is not telling you the truth. Now I think it is safe to say that all the non-BBR cryptonotes have this vulnerability as they cut and paste this part of the code, but CZ specifically modified the block format and that code is adjacent to this, so even without knowing it he could have easily found and fixed a flaw. Especially if it is some overflow bug.

so BBR is the only cryptonote with a chance to not be vulnerable to this flaw, but until we properly identify it, we can only guess.

James

You need to stop the bullshit, tacotime is as capable as zoidberg to fix this and identify the issue, I actually am on good terms with zoidberg now, as I realize he isn't making up pure crap, it's you.

Wait, how is what he saying bullshit? Do you know for sure if the flaw affects BBR? Please fill us in.

I am not talking about that, I am talking about his attitude that only CZ knows anything about the codebase and that the Monero devs are completely clueless, the amount of disrespect James gives the Monero developers is incredible.
Oh, I think he more means that CZ would probably be the one to answer the question of if bbr is affected.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Waiting for CZ to update: does this "flaw" affect BBR or not?

BBR is currently ok. Check here - http://boolberry.com/state.html

CZ should be online shortly.
Jump to: