Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 308. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 501
Great job in always watching the chain tacotime.

Also looks like the fixes implemented are going to be different? Are you going with reduced max block size ?

Nah, it was a simple overflow bug, the basic fix is the same, to just fix the horrible C code line that caused it.

The long term fix is just tossing all the horribly dangerous C code that contains naked pointers and moving to something somewhat less terrible like C++.

Yes I got the merkle tree overflow stuff. I was asking specifically about the tree hash bug and what the fix was going to be ..

To me both chains need to be co-exist. It is pretty obvious that XMR will continue to get targeted. It will only make the code better in the long term, but there will be targeted disruptions from time to time.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
UPD: Actually have to say that Monero devs has also fixed this bug independently in their own way. Good job.

Let's be clear about this.

We have a different fix on github, but we also sent the exact same fix to you for your opinion well before "Cryptonote" (whoever that is) sent it out.  

Crediting it to "Cryptonote" when rfreeman_w and I had already debugged it and sent you the exact same fix first is pretty sad. At least give credit where credit is due.

I expected better from you.

Hey!
You asked me to review your fix, but i said that i need time for it (because you rewrote whole merkle function), and then 15 minutes later arrived email from CryptoNote, with tiny little fix(with one line) - for me it was just more clear and obviouse that this fixed the problem. So why i have to wait and keep reading your fix?

And despite this i also noticed later that you guys also has solved the problem and made good job.

Sorry that i made you sad but you wrong. And i don't care what you expected.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Also looks like the fixes implemented are going to be different? Are you going with reduced max block size ?

Nah, it was a simple overflow bug, the basic fix is the same, to just fix the horrible C code line that caused it.

The long term fix is just tossing all the horribly dangerous C code that contains naked pointers and moving to something somewhat less terrible like C++.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
CZ updated the statement and acknowledged the XMR devs without any protests or reservation. This was most likely unintentional. Simple misunderstanding. The reactions of XMR devs are bit harsh IMHO....

We're just cranky because most of us haven't slept much  Cheesy

No that was just a temporarily work-around we were going to push out while continuing to work on the real fix (and CZ said he would do if needed for BBR). It won't be needed now, at least not for this bug.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
CZ updated the statement and acknowledged the XMR devs without any protests or reservation. This was most likely unintentional. Simple misunderstanding. The reactions of XMR devs are bit harsh IMHO....

We're just cranky because most of us haven't slept much  Cheesy

AMEN. So lets put this to bed and move on. Where to from here? XMR & BBR joining SuperNET together? Tongue

I would cry of joy. Boonero, Monerry, whatever.
Activity: 742

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

AMEN. So lets put this to bed and move on. Where to from here? XMR & BBR joining SuperNET together? Tongue
legendary

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I expected nothing less than 'grumpy smooth' to be the result of BBR pulling even in volume with XMR.   Cheesy

I assure you my irritation has nothing to do with trading and everything to do with not being properly credited for the work that rfreeman_w and I did (he first discovered the source of the problem and I came up with the sizeof*8 fix).

EDIT: tacotime also deserves credit for pointing to the tree-hash function based on the transaction count in the poison block used for the attack. It was a great intuition.

OMG How Dare You forget to credit TT in the first place?   Cheesy 

Oh I see, when you make an attribution oversight it's just a little oopsie but if CZ does pretty much the same it indicts his character unless he does as *you* say.

All of us paying attention don't really need CZ or you to tell us what we just saw happen.  Stop being petty about who said what and when, it reflects poorly on XMR.
legendary
I expected nothing less than 'grumpy smooth' to be the result of BBR pulling even in volume with XMR.   Cheesy

I assure you my irritation has nothing to do with trading and everything to do with not being properly credited for the work that rfreeman_w and I did (he first discovered the source of the problem and I came up with the sizeof*8 fix).

And I caught the section of code with the problem last night:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8665829

Already edited above as you were writing that Smiley
legendary
I expected nothing less than 'grumpy smooth' to be the result of BBR pulling even in volume with XMR.   Cheesy

And I caught the section of code with the problem last night:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8665829
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
UPD: Actually have to say that Monero devs has also fixed this bug independently in their own way. Good job.

We have a different fix on github, but we also sent the exact same fix to you for your opinion well before "Cryptonote" (whoever that is) sent it out.  

Crediting it to "Cryptonote" when rfreeman_w and I had already debugged it and sent you the exact same fix first is pretty sad. At least give credit where credit is due.

I expected nothing less than 'grumpy smooth' to be the result of BBR pulling even in volume with XMR.   Cheesy

And that was yesterday, hours before the fork.

Let's hope CZ has better things to do than meticulously footnote every post he makes, for fear of offending oversensitive and irritable people.

Anyway, congratulations BBR and CZ for being number one on Poloniex!

how is that grumpy? do you think smooth care about bbr volume? i'm sure he has plenty of other things to do and its totally possible he also owns some bbr. a lot of xmr holders also speculate on bbr as the latter tends to boom when the former rallies. i sure own some. 3K ish. and before you begin to tell your myths about people liquidating, i can send you a screenshot. we all gamble on bbr.

this is not being grmpy at all. this is about honesty and trust.

i dont know about u but knowing that zoidberg had received a fix from the xmr devs for the cryptonote bug 1 HOUR BEFORE magically receiving the bug fix from the cn team  and then conveniently fogets to credit them makes me want to puke.

if you had any morals you would want to puke too.

@zoidberg: i remember you once wondered why bbr lacked support. this is the reason. lack of transparency. lack of openness. lack of trust. this has nothing to do with fud. you guys are just building yourself your own grave and you are not even aware of it.
legendary

EDIT: tacotime also deserves credit for pointing to the tree-hash function based on the transaction count in the poison block used for the attack. It was a great intuition.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

And that was yesterday, hours before the fork.

Let's hope CZ has better things to do than meticulously footnote every post he makes, for fear of offending oversensitive and irritable people.

Anyway, congratulations BBR and CZ for being number one on Poloniex!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
CN survived finally.
legendary

Crediting it to "Cryptonote" when rfreeman_w and I (EDIT: and tacotime) had already debugged it and sent you the exact same fix first is pretty sad. At least give credit where credit is due.

legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010
Good news!

Seems that CryptoNote fixed flaw with merkle hash!
Fix is already on github, new Boolberry build is coming soon.

Well.... it seems that it was pretty hard day for many people here Smiley

Great! Any link to the fix code?
Activity: 556
Good news!

Well.... it seems that it was pretty hard day for many people here Smiley

This is good news for CryptoNote.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Good news!

Well.... it was pretty hard day for many people here Smiley

Jump to: