Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 311. (Read 1210752 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Hey, there is a serious flaw in cryptonote.
XMR has been the first targeted.
Is BBR ready for this ?

How do you know there is a flaw in cryptonote ? I just heard about a corrupted block in monero blockchain probably following an attack.
until somebody (CZ!) that understands the tx processing solves how this was done, anybody that says they know this is applicable to all cryptonotes including BBR is not telling you the truth. Now I think it is safe to say that all the non-BBR cryptonotes have this vulnerability as they cut and paste this part of the code, but CZ specifically modified the block format and that code is adjacent to this, so even without knowing it he could have easily found and fixed a flaw. Especially if it is some overflow bug.

so BBR is the only cryptonote with a chance to not be vulnerable to this flaw, but until we properly identify it, we can only guess.

James

You need to stop the bullshit, tacotime is as capable as zoidberg to fix this and identify the issue, I actually am on good terms with zoidberg now, as I realize he isn't making up pure crap, it's you.

Tacotime is with no doubt as capable as Zoidberg to fix this and identify the issue.
But Boolberry has different architecture with different POW. This is why zoidberg is better positioned to solve this within the BBR environment at the moment. (if the BBR is not immune )

remember about 98% a lot of the code between bbr and monero is identical. (I'm talking about the ring sig logic, tx logic, not GUI or alias)
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Waiting for CZ to update: does this "flaw" affect BBR or not?

Edit: any link to the discussion of the technical problem with CN?
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
BBR is likely safe due to the fact that there doesn't seem to be any bad blood between the Bytecoin/CryptoNote designers and crypto_zoidberg.
you can't say that for certain - c_z isn't one to get into public spats.

and if the vulnerability is an exploit of some part of the code that's crucial for CNs to work then it's definitely BBR's problem somewhere down the line!
Activity: 313
Merit: 250

Is BBR ready for this ?

How do you know there is a flaw in cryptonote ? I just heard about a corrupted block in monero blockchain probably following an attack.
until somebody (CZ!) that understands the tx processing solves how this was done, anybody that says they know this is applicable to all cryptonotes including BBR is not telling you the truth. Now I think it is safe to say that all the non-BBR cryptonotes have this vulnerability as they cut and paste this part of the code, but CZ specifically modified the block format and that code is adjacent to this, so even without knowing it he could have easily found and fixed a flaw. Especially if it is some overflow bug.

so BBR is the only cryptonote with a chance to not be vulnerable to this flaw, but until we properly identify it, we can only guess.

James

You need to stop the bullshit, tacotime is as capable as zoidberg to fix this and identify the issue, I actually am on good terms with zoidberg now, as I realize he isn't making up pure crap, it's you.

Tacotime is with no doubt as capable as Zoidberg to fix this and identify the issue.
But Boolberry has different architecture with different POW. This is why zoidberg is better positioned to solve this within the BBR environment at the moment. (if the BBR is not immune )
legendary

Is BBR ready for this ?

James

Wait, how is what he saying bullshit? Do you know for sure if the flaw affects BBR? Please fill us in.

I am not talking about that, I am talking about his attitude that only CZ knows anything about the codebase and that the Monero devs are completely clueless, the amount of disrespect James gives the Monero developers is incredible.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I'm sure the Bytecoin/CryptoNote designers also understand the issue(it was probably them who launched the attack).

BBR is likely safe due to the fact that there doesn't seem to be any bad blood between the Bytecoin/CryptoNote designers and crypto_zoidberg.

Either way when zoidberg wakes up he will handle it all.
It is not a matter of if they attack BBR but if the flaw (and bad code quality) is present in BBR code too.
Activity: 212

Is BBR ready for this ?

James

Wait, how is what he saying bullshit? Do you know for sure if the flaw affects BBR? Please fill us in.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
I'm sure the Bytecoin/CryptoNote designers also understand the issue(it was probably them who launched the attack).

Either way when zoidberg wakes up he will handle it all.
Activity: 280
bter will add BBR!
probably sometime next week

Thank you James!
EMERGENCY
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8664453

BBR's brother needs help ASAP
Somehow a corrupted block was put into their blockchain

CZ, I know you are busy making BBR even better, but if you can help XMR figure out what happened, it is the right thing to do. This sort of thing doesnt help any crypto and when family is in the hospital we should do whatever we can to help

There is a chance this is a genetic defect.

James

Good to see this attitude James. I'm holding XMR and BBR and there's no need for a feud between the two.  Smiley
Q
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
tacotime, zoidberg. wonder why the non-crypto-world doesn't take us serious Grin
legendary

Is BBR ready for this ?

James

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

Is BBR ready for this ?

James

If BBR is the only cryptonote to be impervious to the XMR vulnerability it will mean instant moon.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

Is BBR ready for this ?

James

Your fifth sentence refutes your first sentence.  Take it easy on yourself.  No one has time for self-argument.
legendary
Merit: 1134

Is BBR ready for this ?

James
legendary
Merit: 1134
Peter Todd recommending extracting cryptonote algo and putting it into bitcoin code and transferring the accts!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8666194

I already extracted the pure ring sig processing but it seems like recommending a brain transplant for some specific issue!

Anyway the attack seems to be something about overflowing the merckle tree with 512 tx and they use a bunch of 1 satoshi inputs, over days. But I dont understand why they cant just do it all at once, well at least over just a couple blocks.

James
Activity: 445
Merit: 255

Is BBR ready for this ?

Activity: 313

Is BBR ready for this ?

CZ is the only one that can answer this question. 

If BBR proves to be immune or not either way it will be a game changer.
Activity: 179
Glow Like Dat
hey, please help me, i'm transfer to poloniex but still show
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz5sfauvf7ned3w/bbr.jpg?dl=0
thank.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

Is BBR ready for this ?
Activity: 191
Thanks for James can work with us,I think this will be a good scene for BBR!
Jump to: