Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 322. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 501
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
Right now BBR is in a good position.

• BBR has performant open-source GPU miners, (by contrast some of the miners for other cryptonote coins are closed source, and performance crippled by dev unless donation is set)

• BBR has a usable, intuitive GUI in mainnet, lowering the barrier to entry dramatically to those who are not familiar with command lines, or manually installing libraries etc. For non technical users the BBR setup process is a breeze compared with some other cryptonote coins in their current incarnation . Installation is quicker, syncing is quicker. it Just works well. Not tomorrow, not next week but today.

• BBR has a much more reasonable emission curve than some other cryptonote coins, combined with a much lower value per coin.  It would take orders of magnitude less BTC inflow to support the daily mined amount ( should it be dumped every day on the exchange)

• BBR has alias features, enabling you to send coins to any wallet with a simple twitter style @.  With other cryptonote coins you are forced to copy and paste complex payment keys.

• BBR has ability to trim the size of the blockchain, not compress it but trim the actual dataset.

• BBR has a clearly competent, responsive dev, familiar with the CN codebase and who is receptive to new ideas. Notably more time is spent here on actually coding features than talking about plans to code features in the form of newsletters, missives etc

• BBR has on the horizon integrations with exciting new technologies and the chance for new infrastructure to be linked between platforms. Some smart individuals are beginning to see the potential, some have been swayed from competitors by community hostility, arrogance-- new opportunities are arising as a result of this

So the fundamentals are clearly strong, and clearly pointing towards the fact BBR is greatly undervalued relative to some competitors.

I guess now we just need some more threads -- BBR speculation, BBR wall observer, BBR FAQ's, BBR tech support, BBR altcoin observer, BBR economics, blowing the lid off the cryptonote scam (with the exception of boolberry) etc and begin the strong concerted campaign to push the idea that boolberry is the only altcoin worth investing in aside from BTC  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
re the bbr price since there are a few people here interested in it. From looking at the downward sales pressure here: https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-BBR

There is a miner that is mining with autopay to the exchange and sell. They are selling the coins on the exchange on the sell side as soon as they mine them ~14-19 every 2 min or so. With 11k bbr per day is being mined into the market. So if you think it is a good coin, just pull your buy orders and let the dumpers dump.
If we put at floor at a nice low spot or so they should just feed it without thinking. :-)~

Just my 2 cents.

In order to sell that much, a miner would need to control almost 100% of the network hash. There is a new block about every 2 minutes and the current reward is a little over 16.

More likely just someone trying to sell.

Sorry my English failed me.
I mean that 11k BBR are mined at the current reward every 24 hours. Not that this specific miner was mining/dumping 11k.

Course no sail since
08/29/2014 01:15:24 PM    
SELL
   0.00040104    15.13000000    0.00606773

But still 0.006 btc per block for a mining farm is a nice profit.

11k is such a small amount. It like 4-5 bitcoins at todays prices.

Once (if) this coin catches on again and I think it will, it will not take much volume to get BBR back to .003+
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
re the bbr price since there are a few people here interested in it. From looking at the downward sales pressure here: https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-BBR

There is a miner that is mining with autopay to the exchange and sell. They are selling the coins on the exchange on the sell side as soon as they mine them ~14-19 every 2 min or so. With 11k bbr per day is being mined into the market. So if you think it is a good coin, just pull your buy orders and let the dumpers dump.
If we put at floor at a nice low spot or so they should just feed it without thinking. :-)~

Just my 2 cents.

In order to sell that much, a miner would need to control almost 100% of the network hash. There is a new block about every 2 minutes and the current reward is a little over 16.

Sorry my English failed me.
I mean that 11k BBR are mined at the current reward every 24 hours. Not that this specific miner was mining/dumping 11k.

Course no sail since
08/29/2014 01:15:24 PM    
SELL
   0.00040104    15.13000000    0.00606773

But still 0.006 btc per block for a mining farm is a nice profit.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

Just my 2 cents.

Activity: 420

Just my 2 cents.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

70th was yesterday
i think it can be 55th today
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Since BBR is implementing some neat tech and the devs are active, thought I'd ask:

Idea 1)

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sponsored-stories/syscoin-building-crypto-economy/2014/08/28?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syscoin-building-crypto-economy

The regeneration of service fees is also rather important as this feature is what enables the existence of Syscoin in the first place. These service fees are collected by the network and then sent out to all of the miners. These fees are the main reason miners will continue to mine after all the block rewards have been collected, which means they’re also what secures the entire business economy built on Syscoin.

Is this a feature that could be implemented in BBR?

Idea 2)

Also this dump and pump that goes on.. Is it technically possible for an idea like: annual or monthly interest for current BBR holders?
This will cause it to be even more valuable as people will hold onto their BBR instead of trying to sell it and make a fast sale or dumping its value.
So the BBR network automatically gives a 5% interest for all people who have BBR or something along those lines.

Any other ideas or comments?
Syscoin - i can't take seriously 18% premine coin.
And i don't  see a problem with mining in future - we have good emission curve that will allow smooth replacement block reward by tx fees.

just my opinion.

Activity: 378
Since BBR is implementing some neat tech and the devs are active, thought I'd ask:

Idea 1)

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sponsored-stories/syscoin-building-crypto-economy/2014/08/28?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syscoin-building-crypto-economy

The regeneration of service fees is also rather important as this feature is what enables the existence of Syscoin in the first place. These service fees are collected by the network and then sent out to all of the miners. These fees are the main reason miners will continue to mine after all the block rewards have been collected, which means they’re also what secures the entire business economy built on Syscoin.

Is this a feature that could be implemented in BBR?

Idea 2)

Also this dump and pump that goes on.. Is it technically possible for an idea like: annual or monthly interest for current BBR holders?
This will cause it to be even more valuable as people will hold onto their BBR instead of trying to sell it and make a fast sale or dumping its value.
So the BBR network automatically gives a 5% interest for all people who have BBR or something along those lines.

Any other ideas or comments?
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
i was exhausted this morning until i checked polo and saw what happened overnight to bbr! better than 10 coffees Shocked

i'm so glad for you zoidberg. keep up the great work. and big thanks to jl777 for putting out the word. i don't know much about what's happening behind the scenes but i'm glad to see things starting to gather momentum.

Let's do a crypto, not war!
Pease brothers!

+1

and thanks to everybody who is asking tough questions and not merely name calling...that's what is needed for coins to grow

no need for a flame war

I agree. Actually I think the tough questions have been bordering on insult and have run it's course. Frequently putting zoidberg on the spot, trying to create a story around him etc has to go. Now questioning the dynamics of the BBR mining and economy is fair game like any other coin.

I think to alleviate some of the noise, we should entertain via some technical/code discussions. It is also nice to see more people looking at the code (welcome Bob!)

Bag holder here. Why has the price dived so badly?  Cry

I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling, trying for irony, or can't do math to appreciate the sheer awesomeness of BBR being up 191% over the last 24 hours (and more over 48 hours) with the second highest 24h trade volume on Poloniex.

Or did you mean to post three days ago?

He is obviously trolling and there is only one type of investor that takes themselves way too seriously to FUD BBR. At least he should try to be discrete  Grin

Picking up 1000 BBR costs only 0.4 BTC at the moment. Trolls should just try to think along those lines but obviously some would rather spend their time trolling since they have invested everything in a coin they personally believe in much more than BBR.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
Bag holder here. Why has the price dived so badly?  Cry

I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling, trying for irony, or can't do math to appreciate the sheer awesomeness of BBR being up 191% over the last 24 hours (and more over 48 hours) with the second highest 24h trade volume on Poloniex.

Or did you mean to post three days ago?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Bag holder here. Why has the price dived so badly?  Cry
Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Pease brothers!

+1

and thanks to everybody who is asking tough questions and not merely name calling...that's what is needed for coins to grow

no need for a flame war
Well, seems that i've missed little war Smiley

Pease brothers!

https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/504323571389571072

Moolah ‏@moolah_io

Coins not currently on @MintPalExchange or our core platform are welcome to submit a proposal to [email protected] for consideration.

New exchanges would be great, but new users should be able to join first. I agree though, MintPal would be a nice addition since they are familiar with CryptoNote via XMR already. If new users start supporting the coin, it can happen in due time Smiley
As amusing as the last 5 pages were...can we get some actual updates for all of us new folks that james brought over.
I have been ignoring most of the alts since there were so many scams and I did not have the effort to do due diligence.

What needs to be done with this coin, I have a little bit of free time.

We need pirate suits, first off.

Then we need cables to connect the telepods.  

Then the mirrors in James' house all need cleaning.

Already have the pirate suit :-)~
cables is a good analogy to the telepods as it is a closed network..imagine running cables to anon servers around the world and having your own distribution channel.

But on a serious note...cause I am always serious....
Free beer on me to someone that post an honest answer to what needs to be done.

On a programming front, there's one feature XMR implemented that I think BBR should consider copying:

Auto-splitting of too-large transactions in the wallet.

It's slightly tricky, and I haven't looked at how XMR did it, but it's a nice convenience feature for users and will reduce the number of posts about "why did I get a transaction too large?" error.

Another one is looking at the wallet API from the perspective of someone trying to run a service (e.g., a store, or accepting payments in BBR, etc.) and thinking about what needs to be added.  Some form of list_transactions function would be very useful.

Agree about splitting.
Agree about list_transactions. Actually everyone who want to see some API could open a ticket on github/or write me pm and specify what api he wan't to have - i'll implement any reasonable API that is needed. It's absolutely not a problem.

PS: read your article on Mike's Data... impressive Smiley
Activity: 277
https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/504323571389571072

Moolah ‏@moolah_io

Coins not currently on @MintPalExchange or our core platform are welcome to submit a proposal to [email protected] for consideration.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
and we see a huge increasing hashrate cause only for a little price pump.  Smiley
Hello to EC2.

Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Greetings to all new supporters. Please vote for BBR on https://hitbtc.com/vote
The volume there should not be insignificant, and conveniently it would be traded there from fiat
Jump to: