Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 323. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
As amusing as the last 5 pages were...can we get some actual updates for all of us new folks that james brought over.
I have been ignoring most of the alts since there were so many scams and I did not have the effort to do due diligence.

What needs to be done with this coin, I have a little bit of free time.

Are you more inclined to contribute BBR code or build projects on top of it?

Besides large transaction auto-splitting we could use dice/poker, options (even binary would be a nice start), and a payment gateway of the form suggested here:

Often this will not be visible in XMR because transactions are vastly more private, so proxy methods must be used to estimate their scale.  I would very much like a payment gateway which enables me to transparently use XMR, to send to a BTC address, and to receive BTC in the form of XMR.   It's a relatively simply thing to implement, and makes it more practical to save primarily in XMR.

I am reviewing the source atm.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
As amusing as the last 5 pages were...can we get some actual updates for all of us new folks that james brought over.
I have been ignoring most of the alts since there were so many scams and I did not have the effort to do due diligence.

Are you more inclined to contribute BBR code or build projects on top of it?

Besides large transaction auto-splitting we could use dice/poker, options (even binary would be a nice start), and a payment gateway of the form suggested here:

Often this will not be visible in XMR because transactions are vastly more private, so proxy methods must be used to estimate their scale.  I would very much like a payment gateway which enables me to transparently use XMR, to send to a BTC address, and to receive BTC in the form of XMR.   It's a relatively simply thing to implement, and makes it more practical to save primarily in XMR.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

We need pirate suits, first off.

Then we need cables to connect the telepods.  

Then the mirrors in James' house all need cleaning.

Already have the pirate suit :-)~
cables is a good analogy to the telepods as it is a closed network..imagine running cables to anon servers around the world and having your own distribution channel.

But on a serious note...cause I am always serious....
Free beer on me to someone that post an honest answer to what needs to be done.

On a programming front, there's one feature XMR implemented that I think BBR should consider copying:

Auto-splitting of too-large transactions in the wallet.

It's slightly tricky, and I haven't looked at how XMR did it, but it's a nice convenience feature for users and will reduce the number of posts about "why did I get a transaction too large?" error.

Another one is looking at the wallet API from the perspective of someone trying to run a service (e.g., a store, or accepting payments in BBR, etc.) and thinking about what needs to be added.  Some form of list_transactions function would be very useful.

I'm not sure if one of the BBR formal or less formal devs is working on it but from an user perspective deterministic wallet sounds pretty cool. Non tech ppl feel more comfortable having their wallet backup on a piece of paper rather than in file. That is another feature that is implemented in XMR that adds to user experience imo
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
So the more crap XMR gives BBR, the more it will make me want to help BBR. I approached the XMR guys and other than accusing me of using sockpuppets and that XMR is the work of God, they mostly just ignored me. So they want to pick a fight, then I will fight. If they want to cooperate, then I will cooperate. However, I was told quite plainly that I am not smart enough to be able to offer them anything of value.

So I am back to where I started my anon escapade, but with a bit more to offer this time around. XMR is not interested in Teleport, but I am thinking that combining teleport with cryptonote is the most powerful anon possible, bar none.

James

P.S. I just anti-dumped and bought back to .00017

Evidence is against 'XMR team' is circumstantial at best. The serious dumping of BBR happened weeks ago. I covered off why I believed it was one 'rogue' miner dumping and why speculating as to who and why is irrelevant and unhelpful.

It's a bear market now for all coins. It only takes a single (minor) player to decide now is the right to to exit and cut losses, to move the price significantly. That is more than likely what happened today.

Equally a relatively minor player can buy some BBR and send the price 'soaring.'

Whether they like it or not XMR and BBR are twinned. There is no way (as things stand) that XMR is going to 'the moon' without investors looking back to see whether BBR is a viable alternative. When they do they'll see it obviously is. The work and consistency of the BBR team speaks for itself. BBR just works. And it's fast. The team get stuff done and don't just procrastinate on what could be done.

Despite the question marks around the coin (some of which I've voiced myself), anyone would be foolish not to recognise BBR as having the potential to be a major player in the anon space. That coupled with the ridiculously low price makes it one of the better coins to invest in at the moment IMO.

Welcome to Team BBR James, and thanks for starting the post-ATL rally.  Could you please ELI5 how BBR would benefit from Teleport?

Good post damashup.  I agree XMR and BBR are twinned, just like BTC and LTC.  And yes, the BBR market is tight as a drum, with negligible resistance on the sell side and massive support on the buy side.

^^^This situation is begging for a pump^^^

The sibling rivalry is the result of Team XMR's reasonably well-founded suspicion that CZ was part of the original Bytecoin team.  The evidence (CZ's mastery of murky CN/BCN code) is circumstantial, and jealousy-induced confirmation bias may be a factor.

Given the bad blood between XMR and its older brother BCN, it seems more likely for the XMR/BBR conflict to persist in a Cain and Abel situation than for the twins to hug it out.  Perhaps fluffypony or tacotime can smooth things over!   Tongue

cables is a good analogy to the telepods as it is a closed network..imagine running cables to anon servers around the world and having your own distribution channel.

On a programming front, there's one feature XMR implemented that I think BBR should consider copying:

It's slightly tricky, and I haven't looked at how XMR did it, but it's a nice convenience feature for users and will reduce the number of posts about "why did I get a transaction too large?" error.

Another one is looking at the wallet API from the perspective of someone trying to run a service (e.g., a store, or accepting payments in BBR, etc.) and thinking about what needs to be added.  Some form of list_transactions function would be very useful.

beer money sent.
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
Those are great suggestions. I agree with dga Smiley
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511

Another one is looking at the wallet API from the perspective of someone trying to run a service (e.g., a store, or accepting payments in BBR, etc.) and thinking about what needs to be added.  Some form of list_transactions function would be very useful.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Please don't feed the trolls.  Wink
Activity: 135
Anotheranonlol,

Not sure why you deleted your post. It was spot on observation about drawingthesun guy. The fake story to engage in subtle FUD.

I honestly don't know why they keep trying this. You know people will flock to BBR once they know that XMR is too "pricey" when BBR has a lot of advantages even from a tech perspective.
But we have seen you work in trollboxes and other competitor coin threads and we know you won't go anywhere.

Okay... now I know you're obviously trolling me. I never been in a trollbox. So good day.

I know, you are the sad victim of all this. Bye now.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
I wouldn't be making any significant bets one way or the other ..
Until crypto zoidberg confirms or denies any potential collaboration with BTCD ..

Triff ..

Ok let us be serious for a moment, is collaboration with BTCD a good thing? Boolberry doesn't need any of that crap...

Thing is, if you become some BTCD freak sidekick, it'll just push people to Monero even faster.

Not sure if risto can even help xmr soon Tongue

What does this even mean?

I mean your statement is bs.
Activity: 259
But we have seen you work in trollboxes and other competitor coin threads and we know you won't go anywhere.

Okay... now I know you're obviously trolling me. I never been in a trollbox. So good day.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Until crypto zoidberg confirms or denies any potential collaboration with BTCD ..

Triff ..

Ok let us be serious for a moment, is collaboration with BTCD a good thing? Boolberry doesn't need any of that crap...

Thing is, if you become some BTCD freak sidekick, it'll just push people to Monero even faster.

What does this even mean?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

Triff ..

Activity: 259

Troll? Never been called that before...

FWIW, I always consider you a troll. You want XMR to succeed, but also have small "investment" in BBR. You aren't out there ever defending BBR in other threads, promoting it but called this project a "red flag". You are always showing concerns about this coin as if you care. Typical concern troll. I never cared about that BBR alias in your signature. There are quite a few from XMR team that troll this thread and you will always be a troll too, regardless of how you post and what you post.

I am not the only one who understands this from your posts. It is just that James broke the ice. You might as well post with your original nick which I believe are all about XMR.

Called a troll, twice in one day... I must be doing something right!

But seriously...

I want XMR to succeed. I want BBR to succeed. It's not mutually exclusive in my eyes. For what it's worth I'm (at this moment) more invested (financially) in BBR than XMR but that's neither here nor there...

Bottom line is I will not shy away from asking tough questions about a coin I'm invested in. I'm not a fanboy. If a coin does something I like, I'll big it up. When BBR released the mac wallet, I was happy to spend my time testing it and waxing lyrical about it. Equally if I feel like asking a challenging question, I'll ask it, on the premise that no-one with integrity would be offended.

Yes there are allegations on another thread ('Blowing the lid...') about the BBR dev, that if substantiated would be cause for concern ('red flag' as I put it). Equally I've said that these rumours don't marry up with the consistency, the quality of work and the dedication that the dev has and continues to do on the coin. So 'I'll reserve final judgment.'  It's not my job to defend or substantiate something I know nothing about... the dev can defend himself, if he chooses to entertain it.

I've also raised concerns about the distribution of mining and dumping of the coin on Poloniex. This was based on purely on the data and explained in my eyes why the price kept dropping. It was being manipulated in my view, based on the evidence. My cheer-leading, will not stop the coin being manipulated by others. What I can do is try to alert investors (small time investors like me), to exercise caution.

This is, imo, one of the best coins out there at the moment, alongside XMR and BTC. However beware there are caveats and don't be surprised if the price is volatile short to medium term. Long term, provided the dev keeps doing what he's doing, this coin has every chance of being a leader in the anon space.

If that makes me a troll... by all means put me up there with the best of them!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Triff ..

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
bbr will have a good future.
just hold
Activity: 952
Merit: 251

Triff ..

Jump to: