Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 335. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646
I guess in global view, comapred to XMR we have more honest distribution, at least because we have more fair emission curve:

I'm not sure why one curve would be any more fair than the other.

Does XCN have a more fair emission curve because it has a 10-year half life? Would 20-years be even better?

To me "fair" means that the rules are clearly defined and those same rules apply to everyone.

Different emissions curves might have practical advantages and disadvantages, but fairness is not among them.

I agree about clearly defined rules, it's definately an indispensable part of fair distribution.

But also i think that faster emission makes less interest for late joining the currency - in long term view, so i think Bitcoin emission curve is closer to be fair.

And as you said, there are also practical advantages and disadvantages. But let this out of scope, say you launching new coin at this moment, what emission curve would you select for this ?

Activity: 742
Merit: 501
Price has been more than fair for greater than 3 weeks (the entry point I traded for some BBR first time).

In my opinion, the market is trying really hard to disrupt the progress, with arbitrary allegations and unfair aspersions on the project. Anyone looking to get into BBR has to wade through a lot of disinformation. Also even in this thread, I have read subtle references to artificial problems by the same actors, again and again. My personal opinion is for them to become more blatant transparent in their mockery and pretentiousness, rather than coming off concerned about problems that do not exist in BBR, since their other commercial interests are visible in plaintext via their post history.

It will be interesting to see who really among XMR and BBR are actually mining, with some statistics to back up, and display their daily loot for comparisons. The wolves crying foul about BBR mining will find that XMR mining is actually a lot worse with consumer or even rental resources. They are busy spreading propaganda about BBR on the other hand  Roll Eyes

My primary CN coin is XMR, but all of this hatorade and shenanigans is why I recently picked up BBR. Some people know me from DRK and maybe other threads and I will recommend them to try getting into BBR as a good entry in cryptonote and not fall for any disinformation by a few that are passionate about their choices, but have adopted a wrong personal strategy that will harm them in longer term. I have seen this over many times. If you do pick up BBR, do not engage in bitter fights, but rather look to bring more friends over and let them know about this good project.

@zoidberg, are you looking to augment the team as far as core code is concerned? I'd love to see some good caliber coders join and push changes on github. It is still your project, just like taco leads XMR, but maybe there are some areas that might benefit from parallel forces contributing? I know you are not deliberately reticent, feel free to communicate at your comfort level.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I guess in global view, comapred to XMR we have more honest distribution, at least because we have more fair emission curve:

I'm not sure why one curve would be any more fair than the other.

Does XCN have a more fair emission curve because it has a 10-year half life? Would 20-years be even better?

To me "fair" means that the rules are clearly defined and those same rules apply to everyone.

Different emissions curves might have practical advantages and disadvantages, but fairness is not among them.

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
I think the name is not the key point, the point is the mining issues, it kills this coin, in the early time, there's private GPU tool for mining when most of us are using cpu, it's unfair for most people, and it last for maybe two months, until MBK made the stratum pool and updated the opensource GPU tool  the  situation of distribution changed  a little. Compared to Monero, GPU mining tool appeared early, and it was also efficient at the beginning, so it's not just the name make the difference between BBR and MRO, but the distribution

And Monero also have issues with unfair distribution(but this is not current developers fault), due to hash optimizations, someone mined bitmonero in first days with about 10x times faster implementation(correct me if i wrong with numbers), read this dga post.

The Monero mining issues are acknowledged by smooth, one of the devs, in this post.

Both coins had small distribution issues in the beginning. Both coins fixed the issue and moved on. 
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
Let's Boolberry
I think the name is not the key point, the point is the mining issues, it kills this coin, in the early time, there's private GPU tool for mining when most of us are using cpu, it's unfair for most people, and it last for maybe two months, until MBK made the stratum pool and updated the opensource GPU tool  the  situation of distribution changed  a little. Compared to Monero, GPU mining tool appeared early, and it was also efficient at the beginning, so it's not just the name make the difference between BBR and MRO, but the distribution

If you think it's unfair at in the early time, you can buy cheap coins at this moment. The price is very fair.  Wink
Grin Grin I do think the price is very fair
Activity: 277

If you think it's unfair at in the early time, you can buy cheap coins at this moment. The price is very fair.  Wink
Activity: 253
Let's Boolberry

And Monero also have issues with unfair distribution(but this is not current developers fault), due to hash optimizations, someone mined bitmonero in first days with about 10x times faster implementation(correct me if i wrong with numbers), read this dga post.

I think the people does not find the benefits of boolberry,I have been in support of Boolberry

I'll keep CLI working, sure. Also i could add recent transfer to cli wallet also, it's not really difficult now, if it make sense.

great to read, more functionality on the cli wallet is always welcome

I think the name is not the key point, the point is the mining issues, it kills this coin, in the early time, there's private GPU tool for mining when most of us are using cpu, it's unfair for most people, and it last for maybe two months, until MBK made the stratum pool and updated the opensource GPU tool  the  situation of distribution changed  a little. Compared to Monero, GPU mining tool appeared early, and it was also efficient at the beginning, so it's not just the name make the difference between BBR and MRO, but the distribution

I totally agree that mining is a bigger issue than the name, most people thinking just changing the name will help are not considering what a private gpu miner dumping all his thousands coins per day is doing to bbr value.

There are no private GPU miner anymore, Wolf's open source GPU  miner is much faster than cbuchners's. It's just a fact.

pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'm currently trying to compare Boolberry vs. Monero, and the biggest thing that sticks out to me is the name. Is rebranding on the radar at all? Boolberry is cute, but you're selling yourselves short. Monero sounds like money, Boolberry sounds like a bubblegum flavor.

IMHO, Boolberry fits right in with the semi-childish names of tech giants like Google, Twitter, Apple.... and Blackberry. I'm sure these names were chosen to reflect our new, more playful times, as a clean break from the dead serious corporate images of portly men in dark suits. Let Monero have its suits, we have all the fun.

Indeed. That's exactly why I personally really like the name. It's a bit alternative, which can make it very memorable.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Monero, although it sounds like and means money.

Ask yourself does visa, mastercard or amex sound like money? Not really - Its only by association and familiarity of course.

Ask them - Do you accept boolberry ?
One concern with changing the name is that it will take away precious time from development, etc.  This will require changing websites/domain names, logos/documentation, wallet file names, etc.   Boolberry is an ok out-of-the box name like the above mentioned names.   Contrast this with MaidSafe - horrible name, but eventually the technology, management, and whether they can make their idea work will determine its success.

Edit: The name does improve in inverse proportion to the distance to the moon.   Just need to get past the escape velocity Smiley
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Activity: 406
Boolberry sounds like a bubblegum flavor.
IMHO, Boolberry fits right in with the semi-childish names of tech giants like Google, Twitter, Apple.... and Blackberry. I'm sure these names were chosen to reflect our new, more playful times, as a clean break from the dead serious corporate images of portly men in dark suits. Let Monero have its suits, we have all the fun.
Great way to put it!
Activity: 122
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
The above reminded me of this:

~ http://youtu.be/dBtmzY5gcO8?t=18m28s

Coins and notes are just so, 'old world' !   Grin

Oh, the irony.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
I'm currently trying to compare Boolberry vs. Monero, and the biggest thing that sticks out to me is the name. Is rebranding on the radar at all? Boolberry is cute, but you're selling yourselves short. Monero sounds like money, Boolberry sounds like a bubblegum flavor.

Indeed. That's exactly why I personally really like the name. It's a bit alternative, which can make it very memorable.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Monero, although it sounds like and means money.

Ask yourself does visa, mastercard or amex sound like money? Not really - Its only by association and familiarity of course.

Ask them - Do you accept boolberry ?
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
Boolberry sounds like a bubblegum flavor.
I'll keep CLI working, sure. Also i could add recent transfer to cli wallet also, it's not really difficult now, if it make sense.

I really like the GUI improvements but I hope the CLI is not forsaken for us small minority that prefer command line..

Latest wallet additions are Booltiful !   Smiley

Keep up the good work.   Cool

Don't get too attached to the name BitcoinFX Wink

lol this eager, crypto_zoidberg your people want a new name  Tongue
Activity: 212
Go back a few pages
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
I really like the GUI improvements but I hope the CLI is not forsaken for us small minority that prefer command line..

Latest wallet additions are Booltiful !   Smiley

Keep up the good work.   Cool

Don't get too attached to the name BitcoinFX Wink

lol this eager, crypto_zoidberg your people want a new name  Tongue

Well, his highness keeps dropping hints, but then disappears, apparently to control his botnets  Grin Grin Grin (joking zoidberg)

Yah some documentation around the command line would also help. Just today I was having a hard time connecting to the seeds or even peers.  otila, in IRC helped with the option.

Code:
--add-priority-node arg
where arg is the IP to connect to.

If you just pass IP as argument it doesn't work. Turns out the command he found from the source code is,

Code:
--add-priority-node IP:port 

Some general command line documentation enhancements can be pushed to the code base.
Jump to: