Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 330. (Read 1210752 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
I see aliased mostly as an option for business in future(like a visit card or for colored coins) and a personal aliases for early adepts or persons who able just to buy it.
doesn't this run into the problem of anyone being able to take any alias they want?

suppose, for example, newegg wants to have @newegg for their alias but someone else has taken it already. they can take another alias that works but there's still someone out their with the company name as their alias.

So i've decided to have only one alias per block, we have 720 blocks per day - it's 263 520 aliases per year, seems to be a enough and reasonable.
fair enough; i guess most people won't be needing to share their alias with someone since we have addresses that we can just copy and paste  Smiley

It runs into the same problem that domain names do - someone already registered a bunch of obvious ones very early in the game, for example.

They're transferrable, if you can get in touch with the owner, though that part of the code isn't entirely ready.  An alias can be re-bound to a different public key, so the person who registers 'newegg' could sell it to them.  Or, one could imagine, could be forced to transfer it via WIPO or some other organization, should BBR succeed to that degree.

If alias's are a good idea, then people should be able to register enough for everyone, like a domain name or an email address. In addition, like a domain name, an alias should perhaps cost a certain amount per year otherwise they get released and it would cost a lot to just sit on them.

Thing is, at the moment people might get into boolberries in five years as CryptoCoins are in their height, and someone is attracted to boolberry because of alias only to find out that less than 2 million alias exist and there are not enough for everyone, now alias is useless to the little guy, only the early adopter or rich gets an alias.

It's a poorly thought out idea and its shortcomings are "vision".

Zoidberg is a smart guy, even though I am anti-boolberries, I think that if he stopped being stubborn about this he could figure out a way to make it fair and useful making boolberries an even more attractive investment. I actually think Zoidberg could solve this and actually make it useful, perhaps even go a step further and compete with Namecoin?

For example, Nxt alias can be registered by anyone and is decentralized, perhaps use that as a starting point. The downside to the Nxt system is that there is no recurring fee, which I believe should be a thing.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
I see aliased mostly as an option for business in future(like a visit card or for colored coins) and a personal aliases for early adepts or persons who able just to buy it.
doesn't this run into the problem of anyone being able to take any alias they want?

suppose, for example, newegg wants to have @newegg for their alias but someone else has taken it already. they can take another alias that works but there's still someone out their with the company name as their alias.

So i've decided to have only one alias per block, we have 720 blocks per day - it's 263 520 aliases per year, seems to be a enough and reasonable.
fair enough; i guess most people won't be needing to share their alias with someone since we have addresses that we can just copy and paste  Smiley

It runs into the same problem that domain names do - someone already registered a bunch of obvious ones very early in the game, for example.

They're transferrable, if you can get in touch with the owner, though that part of the code isn't entirely ready.  An alias can be re-bound to a different public key, so the person who registers 'newegg' could sell it to them.  Or, one could imagine, could be forced to transfer it via WIPO or some other organization, should BBR succeed to that degree.
Activity: 117
Merit: 100

fair enough; i guess most people won't be needing to share their alias with someone since we have addresses that we can just copy and paste  Smiley
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
I am actually surprised at the current network hash rate. Why is anyone still mining this at the low price?
For me, GPU mining is somewhat profitable. Not much for making a living, but it means I should rather mine than buy in preparation for world domination.

+1

I still get slightly more BBR for electricity burned than if I bought it for the electricity cost at the current price. But it is so-so.
Solo mining with 8 GPUs in total.

Same.  I'm earning about $2/day/rig on $1.10 of electricity.  There might be more profitable coins out there to mine right now, but it's not worth spending time to find them and I'd rather contribute nodes and hash rate to BBR.

(well - ok;  I *would* be earning that, but I'm only selling $1/day of BBR and hanging on to the rest, so maybe I'm earning $1k/day or $0/day... hard to say. ;-)
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
I am actually surprised at the current network hash rate. Why is anyone still mining this at the low price?
For me, GPU mining is somewhat profitable. Not much for making a living, but it means I should rather mine than buy in preparation for world domination.

+1

I still get slightly more BBR for electricity burned than if I bought it for the electricity cost at the current price. But it is so-so.
Solo mining with 8 GPUs in total.
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Botnet
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
coin wil lget kicked of bittrex soon

Trade volume for the last 7 days has exceeded 0.1 BTC.  Wink

We need some simple bot which will simulate some trading volume Smiley
Boolberry is a cool name and a refreshing change from the usual *coin convention.  There is no reason to change the quirky yet memorable name; the project will succeed or fail based on (market reaction to) its utility.  Plus we already have a sweet logo!

The Benevolent Dictator For Life schema works for Linux, so BBR's pristine cathedral may turn out better than Monero's chaotic baazar.

It's far too early in the life of CryptoNote to declare winners and losers.  Give it at least 6 months to a year before playing CZ's armchair psychologist.

Block rewards are decreasing every hour.  These are the days of cheap and easy Boolberries we will look back on, and wish we'd bought more.

Well, I also voted for Rings, but I must admit that I like Boolberry too. There's nothing wrong with this name, the logo is nice as well.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Zoidberg, could you provide the boolbd and simplewallet in a zip file next time for windows x64 as well? much appreciated Smiley

No problem, but can you give a little hint why you want to use it in that way on windows ?

Activity: 742
Merit: 501
Zoidberg, no offense you are a great coder but - and im sorry i've to be harsh -  your autism is killing your own coin. You need to hire a team of people with vision about the future of bbr and who are able to create a community around it. Otherwise its gonna die and you'll be the sole responsible.

At the very list change the name. People started buying when there were talk about rebranding. Now there is nothing and every day we hit a new low.

I've proposed names already. "Rings" was liked by  I know you dont like them but you have a strange sense of taste. Let the community come up with a name.

Boolberry is a cool name and a refreshing change from the usual *coin convention.  There is no reason to change the quirky yet memorable name; the project will succeed or fail based on (market reaction to) its utility.  Plus we already have a sweet logo!

The Benevolent Dictator For Life schema works for Linux, so BBR's pristine cathedral may turn out better than Monero's chaotic baazar.

It's far too early in the life of CryptoNote to declare winners and losers.  Give it at least 6 months to a year before playing CZ's armchair psychologist.

Block rewards are decreasing every hour.  These are the days of cheap and easy Boolberries we will look back on, and wish we'd bought more.

I don't think he falls for it Wink

Also some posters have  publicly posted they consider this a "red flag project" and or have announced they have "dumped BBR", yet they keep passively trying to steer thoughts on what is needed for this coin or what somebody should think about this coin. I suggest we go past these charades please.

I agree that this is a good phase to collect cheap BBRs for those looking at CN. It can and should co-exist with XMR and should not be viewed as a threat.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Zoidberg, no offense you are a great coder but - and im sorry i've to be harsh -  your autism is killing your own coin. You need to hire a team of people with vision about the future of bbr and who are able to create a community around it. Otherwise its gonna die and you'll be the sole responsible.

At the very list change the name. People started buying when there were talk about rebranding. Now there is nothing and every day we hit a new low.

I've proposed names already. "Rings" was liked by  I know you dont like them but you have a strange sense of taste. Let the community come up with a name.

Activity: 259
I'm creating aliases for anyone that wants one for the next while. Let me know and i'll add it to the list at my pool.

Woop woop woop - I have a BBR alias: boolberryfx   Grin

TYVM clintar / http://bbr.cncoin.farm
No problem, man. I'm gonna be making aliases for anyone that wants one no strings attached for the rest of the day. Then I'll have to start charging for them.

Just sent you a pm, could you please make me an alias?
Many thanks!
Done.

Got it... Much appreciated!!
Activity: 212
I'm creating aliases for anyone that wants one for the next while. Let me know and i'll add it to the list at my pool.

No problem, man. I'm gonna be making aliases for anyone that wants one no strings attached for the rest of the day. Then I'll have to start charging for them.

Many thanks!
Done.
Activity: 259

Many thanks!
Activity: 212

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

Jump to: