Pages:
Author

Topic: Best competitors to Ethereum? - page 71. (Read 11171 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 0
June 30, 2018, 03:21:21 PM
Top competitors Ethereum is Neo and Eos.
Activity: 107
June 30, 2018, 03:16:11 PM
NEO is often called the Chinese Ethereum, and it is not in vain, because these two sites provide very similar functionality.
Activity: 97
Merit: 1
June 30, 2018, 03:14:22 PM
The best competitor could be EOS, NEO or ADA, they three of them look really promising, though they don't look like are worth for short term, but are more for a long term if thats what you prefer.
Activity: 156
June 30, 2018, 12:43:27 PM
In terms of a platform for ICO at Etherium competitors in my opinion no. 90% of new tokens are issued on the platform of ERC-20. That already says a lot... While far from the rest of Etherium
Activity: 236
June 30, 2018, 12:38:53 PM
EOS is a heavy opponent of Ethereum in the future, because both of these coins have the same product. Ethereum and Eos are platforms that have the same functionality, but EOS is more promising than Ethereum, and Ethereum has proven its greatness in the eyes of the cryptocurrency world, so these two coins will compete pretty fiercely in the future.
Activity: 126
June 30, 2018, 12:37:58 PM
There are many competitors who want to compete with ETH. But that's not easy. ETH has a very good foundation, and currently ETH is still improving. It is not easy for other co-workers to overcome ETH and they will need a long time.
Activity: 104
June 30, 2018, 12:32:31 PM
I think the best competitors of ethereum should come from different types of blockchain and not of those that are ERC-20 compliant. But in the price sense, more ERC-20 tokens are actually valued so much like ethereum and still have an impact in the market.
Activity: 153
Merit: 10
https://www.soar.earth/
June 30, 2018, 01:33:01 AM
I have always considered Neo one of the most important competitors . It is likely that in the future Neo may be on the same level with etherium
Activity: 84
June 29, 2018, 12:43:15 PM
I think one of the best competitors to Ethereum is EOS, a new coin currently in it's ICO being called the "Ether killer". Created by STEEM and Bitshares founder Dan Larimer, EOS promises to be an alternative to and much more scalable than ETH with zero transaction fees.
Activity: 118
June 28, 2018, 12:02:45 PM
Right now there is no competitor to ethereum and others have a long way to go. ADA, EOS are still in their infant stage and a lot of development is required at their end before they could really change ethereum.
Activity: 102
June 28, 2018, 10:33:54 AM
I think the best competitors of ethereum should come from different types of blockchain and not of those that are ERC-20 compliant. But in the price sense, more ERC-20 tokens are actually valued so much like ethereum and still have an impact in the market.
Activity: 39
June 28, 2018, 04:05:02 AM
Stellar(XLM) for me. The main reason for this is the adaptation of Stellar platform. A good amount of applications are getting built on Stellar. Though the current price is not comparable with ETH, there is a potential for XLM to grow. If any of the projects built on Stellar kicks off, you never know. Its fast, adaptable and secure.
Activity: 462
June 28, 2018, 03:37:13 AM
Which are the best competitors to Ethereum, and why do you think so?

(I know on top of my head that Cardano and IOTA try to challenge Ethereum,
although they still haven't proved much from my understanding?)

i think i can name some coins which are the best competitors for ethereum. There are EOS, XMR, ADA, NEO, etc.
They are a good coins in the market, and the function are good too. For example XMR, it is a private coin, i like it.
Activity: 64
June 28, 2018, 02:43:50 AM
It seems to me that there is no need to say anything about the ETH project, as today almost everyone understands that this project represents itself and as soon as it takes a little time after Vitalik can solve the problem with scaling ETH will definitely grow.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 27, 2018, 05:19:40 PM
ETH potential competitors are:
1) EOS
2) NEO
3) ADA
4) TRON
5) Qtum
6) ETH classic
7) Lisk

Now, these projects take the top line of the ratings; they accumulate huge amounts of investments, not even offering test versions of their platforms; despite the variety of existing ones, new and new ones are emerging - there is no doubt that the market has matured.

That's a well-thought-out list of competitors for Ethereum, mate. They have constant development and provide unique features which can be used for different purposes in life. Some are extremely efficient in processing transactions, while others are energy efficient. Depending on their technology, and consensus algorithms, they execute smart contracts in a completely different manner than Ethereum. However, while the list of competitors continues to grow over time, none would be able to outpace Ethereum in terms of security and resiliency. Ethereum has been tried and tested for a couple of years now, and most of the tokens in existence live within its network.

Considering that ETH has first mover advantage, it would take a lot of effort for rival smart contract platforms to be able to overcome Ethereum in terms of market cap and popularity. Despite this, there's a new smart contract platform (or should I say sidechain) that will operate on the Bitcoin network, giving it unparalleled security and reliability unlike any other smart contract platform in existence to date. Such sidechain is called RootStock and might become a fierce competitor against Ethereum since it uses the Bitcoin blockchain for executing smart contracts. Of course, it all depends on the level of adoption it would experience in the mainstream world to become successful, but it's another alternative of Ethereum to consider in the long term.

Nevertheless, only time will tell us whenever competitors would be able to overcome ETH in the future or not. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 91
June 26, 2018, 12:45:15 PM
If EOS ends up being a faster platform with “no fees” how will this not be a step in the right direction that everyone in the crypto community can be excited about? I see Ethererum and EOS taking a big chunk of the smart contract future value. Going to be fun to watch this unfold
Activity: 320
Merit: 17
free space pm if interessed
June 26, 2018, 05:22:12 AM
i think the only ones who can compete with ethereum but are not yet at its height are neo and eos
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
June 26, 2018, 03:42:02 AM
I think that the main token which should Eth holders a bit worried is EOS. if they do what they say they can then it might just destroy the dominance which Ethereum has in the smart contract platform.

Till now they appear all talks and No Real world competition to Ethereum.
I still believe that there is no other alt in league with ETH who have any thread to there dominance.

NEO is very well the next one after ETH, EOS, I am not even counting it as a challenge at the moment.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
June 26, 2018, 03:37:58 AM
I think that the main competitor to Ethereum for today is EOS. EOS is a new blockchain based on the protocol proof-of-stake, which aims to be faster and more efficient than Ethereum. Like Ethereum, EOS will work with smart contracts based on blockchain and decentralized applications. EOS is well known for its incredibly successful ICO, which for a year collected about 4 billion dollars.
Activity: 476
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
June 26, 2018, 03:34:53 AM
At the moment i dont see any crypto yet that possible to surpass Ethereum, but in the long term that can be happen and the best coin that can be surpass it is NEO and XLM.  Both coin already given huge return since 1 years ago and the project also consist of solid team developer, so they will continue to be much better.
Pages:
Jump to: