Pages:
Author

Topic: Best place to build the Bitcoin island in the international waters - page 15. (Read 16647 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
the present location is good but it would be better if we found something more shallow..

We have selected the shallowest location inside the international waters. There are even more shallower locations available, but they are all located inside some nations Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
And everyone ridiculed dank when he wanted to build an island a couple years ago.

It's easy to spend other people's coins, isn't it dank?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
just setup a coop to buy a big boat and live on there as sea gypsies, trading your crypto for supplies with the natives of the places you visit while following the summer yearlong. you would earn the coins selling tickets /renting out cabins.
that's much more fun and feasibility.

edit: on the pirate's self-government
http://www.cato-unbound.org/2007/08/06/peter-t-leeson/anarchy-unbound-or-why-self-governance-works-better-you-think

"In large parts of the developing world governments are too weak or dysfunctional to perform even the most basic tasks, like securing the property rights of their citizens. According to the 2007 Failed States Index, governments in 129 countries are on or nearing the brink of collapse."

~50% of all governments are/were on or nearing the brink of collapse.
I has no idea the number was that high.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
I don't think that's in international waters, and if it is there would be no good banks to place the island on AFAIK.
Would be quite awesome to place it in the Caribbean though, much closer to a really important country.

Yes. The Bermuda triangle is too deep to build any artificial structure. And unfortunately, the Caribbean though is mostly lying outside the international waters. Whats wrong with the present location?

the present location is good but it would be better if we found something more shallow..
legendary
I don't think that's in international waters, and if it is there would be no good banks to place the island on AFAIK.
Would be quite awesome to place it in the Caribbean though, much closer to a really important country.

Yes. The Bermuda triangle is too deep to build any artificial structure. And unfortunately, the Caribbean though is mostly lying outside the international waters. Whats wrong with the present location?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
just setup a coop to buy a big boat and live on there as sea gypsies, trading your crypto for supplies with the natives of the places you visit while following the summer yearlong. you would earn the coins selling tickets /renting out cabins.
that's much more fun and feasibility.

edit: on the pirate's self-government
http://www.cato-unbound.org/2007/08/06/peter-t-leeson/anarchy-unbound-or-why-self-governance-works-better-you-think
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
what about Bermuda triangle ?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
what about Bermuda triangle ?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
Or just a step ahead for his time.
legendary
And everyone ridiculed dank when he wanted to build an island a couple years ago.

May be he was not serious about the idea. Or he had some really unworkable ideas.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
legendary
we can take alt-coins in account too, they might be able to invest some money too Cheesy

I am not sure about that. May be we'll be able to find a compromise.

but the problem is if we raise 1 000 000 bitcoins we'll most probably have to sell them in order to build the island and therefore crash&burn the bitcoin price to it's lowest

Building the island will take a lot of time. So we have plenty of time to sell the coins.
the whole market cap of all bitcoins is in total 5 413 678 734$
aka. 5.4 billion $, so if we had all the bitcoins on the spot we still wouldn't have enough money to build a 10 sq.km island!

I am not planning to build this island immediately. I haven't even finished finalizing my plans. May be by 2018 or so, we will be able to start work. Hopefully by then, BTC will be trading at $10,000 - 100,000 range. If it is trading at 100K, then 100K Bitcoins might be needed. At 10K, one million coins will be needed. Not a big amount, considering the number of people who want to live outside governmental oppression.

we can take alt-coins in account too, they might be able to invest some money too Cheesy

but the problem is if we raise 1 000 000 bitcoins we'll most probably have to sell them in order to build the island and therefore crash&burn the bitcoin price to it's lowest

we will need to find people who will do it for bitcoins..
legendary
aka. 5.4 billion $, so if we had all the bitcoins on the spot we still wouldn't have enough money to build a 10 sq.km island!

I am not planning to build this island immediately. I haven't even finished finalizing my plans. May be by 2018 or so, we will be able to start work. Hopefully by then, BTC will be trading at $10,000 - 100,000 range. If it is trading at 100K, then 100K Bitcoins might be needed. At 10K, one million coins will be needed. Not a big amount, considering the number of people who want to live outside governmental oppression.
hmm, sand is really cheaper than I thought, just googled it, apparently it's around 20$ per ton
the question is how much we're going to need Cheesy
and it's a lot Cheesy

Some $10 billion USD in funding will be needed to build an island of 10 sq.km in size. That is $1,000 per square meter. So a typical 400 sq.m plot will cost you $400,000.

if this is true we won't be able to build an island od even 10 sq.km in size

are you sure we need so much money for such a small island?

I mean, if this is true and if we even issue shares, it would still be questionable if we could raise enough money..
legendary
It would more than 100k btc to buile a country

That depends on the Bitcoin exchange rates, unfortunately. If BTC reaches $100,000 vs the USD, then we might need around BTC100,000. It won't be much difficult, as Bitcoin exchanges will rush to establish their offices there.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
  I still think it would be a lot cheaper to buy a corrupt government in Africa and pay their parliament to approve everything, like the current elite do with the US senate.

Activity: 266
It would more than 100k btc to buile a country
Activity: 266
What is this btcisland about
legendary
Why do you even need an island?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #DqL5dLsJM2bQbMhF

Because all the available land is occupied by some country or the another. We need to create new land (outside the land and marine borders of the existing nations) to be sure of our sovereignty.
Pages:
Jump to: