Pages:
Author

Topic: Best place to build the Bitcoin island in the international waters - page 19. (Read 16647 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Well, Panama is a member of NATO, however, since we don't really invade the island they won't have to do anything. We buy it and declares it independent. And since we will not strike against Panama first I think that the UN won't do anything either.

you don't understand

you bought the island, you're now a land-owner, not a king

one does not simply declare independence, Panama would still own the territory but it's your house, not your country

just as your backyard in your current country

even countries with history ranging back to the 7th century couldn't simply declare independence without war and you think it's so simple to just start a new nation on an island another country owns Cheesy

if you want to do that the only way without war is to arrange the purchase of the island with their goverment but not as a property, as a new country

they will certainly reject but that's almost the only way without war..
Yeah, we'd be land-owners. I'm not really into the Panamanian laws, but I'm pretty sure you can do most things on your island (as long as it's not illegal, which I highly doubt it is to declare your own nation).
Also, what would they do? Invade us? Okay, sure, but we'd have our own army.
There are not many more things they could do. Even if the UN condemns our actions, nothing more would happen.
I don't say it would be easy, however, it wouldn't be easy to build a new island either.

It's probably easier to find fundings for building a new nation to.

of course it is, it's a crime against their sovereignty

the world would condemn us because they don't won't such countries declaring independence on their territory too, it would be hard for us to trade

and our trade would greatly benefit bitcoin because they would have to trade into our national currency sometimes Cheesy

of course they would invade, look at this realistically

isn't it more simple to build and island in peace instead of spending money on guns, tanks, helicopters, mercenaries, their salaries and having people die for a war we might not even win

set this as an example, Panama has almost 4 million population out of wich they could certainly gather at least a 100 000 soldiers to defend it's territory voluntarely and they will be well armed by a country that exist a long time while we would have to pay a 100 000 soldiers each at least 3000$ monthly (300 000 000$ per month) and count the prices for weapons,food,water,ammunition..

+ our soldiers would have lower moral because they are only paid to do this while the Panama soldiers are fighting for their own teritorry
I still have a hard time seeing Panama invade us...
But on the other hand it is a quite big island that might be worth to defend... If we do it on a smaller island they would probably not bother to do anything about it.

they definitely will
just check out what happend to the Minerva Reefs and other countries Michael Oliver tried to take over..

if Panama becomes insufficient to acquire the island, other countries will definitely help it..
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Well, Panama is a member of NATO, however, since we don't really invade the island they won't have to do anything. We buy it and declares it independent. And since we will not strike against Panama first I think that the UN won't do anything either.

you don't understand

one does not simply declare independence, Panama would still own the territory but it's your house, not your country

even countries with history ranging back to the 7th century couldn't simply declare independence without war and you think it's so simple to just start a new nation on an island another country owns Cheesy

if you want to do that the only way without war is to arrange the purchase of the island with their goverment but not as a property, as a new country

Yeah, we'd be land-owners. I'm not really into the Panamanian laws, but I'm pretty sure you can do most things on your island (as long as it's not illegal, which I highly doubt it is to declare your own nation).
There are not many more things they could do. Even if the UN condemns our actions, nothing more would happen.
I don't say it would be easy, however, it wouldn't be easy to build a new island either.

the world would condemn us because they don't won't such countries declaring independence on their territory too, it would be hard for us to trade

and our trade would greatly benefit bitcoin because they would have to trade into our national currency sometimes Cheesy

isn't it more simple to build and island in peace instead of spending money on guns, tanks, helicopters, mercenaries, their salaries and having people die for a war we might not even win

set this as an example, Panama has almost 4 million population out of wich they could certainly gather at least a 100 000 soldiers to defend it's territory voluntarely and they will be well armed by a country that exist a long time while we would have to pay a 100 000 soldiers each at least 3000$ monthly (300 000 000$ per month) and count the prices for weapons,food,water,ammunition..

+ our soldiers would have lower moral because they are only paid to do this while the Panama soldiers are fighting for their own teritorry
I still have a hard time seeing Panama invade us...
But on the other hand it is a quite big island that might be worth to defend... If we do it on a smaller island they would probably not bother to do anything about it.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Panama is a "USA project", not a relevant example.

you don't understand

you don't understand

This needs considerable investment not less than 100 million plus a private army to protect your project.

To build an artificial island of 10 sq. km surface area, we need billions of $$$ in investment, not millions.
I still think it would be easier to just buy an island (this for example: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/cebaco-island), hire an army and declare it a nation.
Would be a lot cheaper aswell.

how cheap do you think it is to hire an army?

you would have to keep it forever, once you disallow it, the country that claims right on the island will invade..
Nah, Panama don't even have a standing army.
We wouldn't need a really big army either. Also, if building a new island would cost billions of dollars we could for those money have a small standing army for a long time.

I'm not sure but I think the USA protects Panama?

but you do have a point, still the most wise decision would be not to take any risks

there is no country that will surrender its soverignity to a new formed country with no former history and no international support, the blue helmets might even help the country that is trying to restore its goverment over the territory..

you don't understand

This needs considerable investment not less than 100 million plus a private army to protect your project.

To build an artificial island of 10 sq. km surface area, we need billions of $$$ in investment, not millions.
I still think it would be easier to just buy an island (this for example: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/cebaco-island), hire an army and declare it a nation.

you would have to keep it forever, once you disallow it, the country that claims right on the island will invade..
We wouldn't need a really big army either. Also, if building a new island would cost billions of dollars we could for those money have a small standing army for a long time.

but you do have a point, still the most wise decision would be not to take any risks

there is no country that will surrender its soverignity to a new formed country with no former history and no international support, the blue helmets might even help the country that is trying to restore its goverment over the territory..

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

or a larger country we could have good relations with and which would protect us from intruders Smiley
Activity: 378
legendary
oh

I didn't know that, that was a pretty stupid decision of Oliver..

hope we don't make the same mistake Cheesy

No. Definitely we don't want to commit the same mistake. That is why I am taking time in studying the legal implications.
this thread got me googling around, I read a bunch of stuff really Cheesy

the Minerva Reefs is something to think about..

altough they weren't claimed by any nation when Oliver brought in sand and set his own flag sending declaration of independence to other countries,  soon angry Tongas occupied and annexed the area with international support altough they never claimed the reefs before!

Well... the Minerva reefs are not located in the international waters. They are located inside the Tongan EEZ. So no surprise there.

oh

I didn't know that, that was a pretty stupid decision of Oliver..

hope we don't make the same mistake Cheesy

Sealand already had such idea. There might be bigger problem with creating this "artificial island".

South of USA, there is nice, cute spot.

if there was land here earlier it's relativly shallow, we just need to pour some concrete or sand to raise it above see level..

Sealand is different, they just claimed a WW2 platform that was already there Cheesy

we need to create a new island..
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrencies Exchange
Sealand already had such idea. There might be bigger problem with creating this "artificial island".

South of USA, there is nice, cute spot.
legendary

altough they weren't claimed by any nation when Oliver brought in sand and set his own flag sending declaration of independence to other countries,  soon angry Tongas occupied and annexed the area with international support altough they never claimed the reefs before!

Well... the Minerva reefs are not located in the international waters. They are located inside the Tongan EEZ. So no surprise there.

legendary
Pre-mined land coin?

No. Some space is needed for administrative buildings, nature reserves, hospitals.etc
Pages:
Jump to: