Pages:
Author

Topic: Better investement right now, bitcoins or Altcoins. - page 51. (Read 26367 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long term investment, and why?

There's no clear answer to that. I think you will do fine if you buy Bitcoins for a long term investment. However, they are so expensive right now that there may be altcoins that can give you a better rate of return. The problem is that there are so many altcoins to choose from that you can't really determine which ones will do the best.

I choose to diversify by holding Bitcoins and a few of the more well known altcoins. I try to stay away from new altcoins because they often will be worthless in a few years.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long term investment, and why?
I think it is good to have some investment in both sides. Because they are closely to each other. As what we have been observed last time alt coins drops its price when btc price drops too. So for me choose them both.
Altcoin and bitcoin have their respective advantages. Sometimes bitcoin is advantageous and sometimes altcoine is advantageous at one time.
So choosing both is a wise choice. We can take action whenever we want, we are free to choose to do trading that can bring profit.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
After BIP 91, BTC may have better future,
ALT will always need BTC now as backbone.
It may be good to buy BTC or ALT, I would choose XRP or LTC as they are handled by profesional.
It has a cool specification too.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 586
I think it is good to have some investment in both sides. Because they are closely to each other. As what we have been observed last time alt coins drops its price when btc price drops too. So for me choose them both.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
Both are good if you really had enough money to spend or to invest in this kind of currency maybe you need to earn more knowledge to start trading with altcoins it is unpredictable job nowadays these two are really great i can say bitcoin is the best and easiest way to earn lrofit also altcoins when you stock too much.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
The better investment now is bitcoins. Expert said bitcoins is going to 10,O00$ .I'm not a expert but I agree on that.
I see also the growth of bitcoins since 2015 from 400$ per 1 BTC to 2800$ per 1  in 2 years
to me  i think in present time the best investment is bitcoin. although there are some good altcoin and even by investing your money there you can also get  good profit from there, but in current position i think the best option is to invest money in bitcoin, because the price of bitcoin is expected to increase more and more, so investing in bitcoin in present time can be more profitable.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10

definitely WAVES

wavesplatform.com

which also gives you access to its DEX (Decentralized Exchange) within the wallet waveswallet.io

and as a bonus you also get first knowledge of upcoming ICOs which are instantly tradeable on DEX (like COEVAL for example)
Activity: 357
Merit: 260

Since we are facing now the news about what happens on this coming August 1. I have read that announcement by thymos that is why I want to share also in this forum because maybe some people missed reading that announcement.

So, what is better for me right now? Since I've already known that Bitcoin price is changing and it is only the biggest cryptocurrency I've ever known then I would choose still the Bitcoin because I know that few months or years passed by I could earn a profit on it. That's why I choose Bitcoin.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
Here are my suggestions: Ripple, Stratis, AdEx, Siacoin, Verge, Digibyte, Waves, ETH, and a lot more. I am holding some of these coins myself. I do not include those that will hardly make it high within the year and the following year even. But the market is really volatile. Nobody can say with 100% certainty.
Activity: 434
The better investment now is bitcoins. Expert said bitcoins is going to 10,O00$ .I'm not a expert but I agree on that.
I see also the growth of bitcoins since 2015 from 400$ per 1 BTC to 2800$ per 1  in 2 years
Activity: 686
Merit: 146

Bitcoin is very good for long term investment because it's more stable compared with altcoins and tokens. There are also some promising altcoins which could give you more profit than bitcoin. The problem here is finding the right altcoin because there are tons of them out there. If you want to be in more safe side, you can choose bitcoin or you can diversify your money into bitcoin and nice altcoins like ethereum, waves etc.

This may be the best answer, because I believe Bitcoin to be the most stable cryptocurrency as well. Its the oldest, the first cryptocurrency that has emerged and is the strongest. Perhaps you could opt to invest on a little of both to test out your options. Some of the altcoins have shown to be promising but for me, it would still best to first learn a lot about the altcoin before planning on buying or investing.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
If I were you, I would invest Bitcoin. According to some information I have found, there are grounds to believe that Bitcoin prices will increase in the coming time and attract some investment in it. This will affect the price of the altcoins, causing it to fall sharply. Therefore, Bitcoin Investment is the safest.

No one can tell the future correctly in advance so instead of keeping all your money in the only coin you can put more money in bitcoins and some in good altcoins as well. Because there are few very good altcoins in the longer run, its price may increase many folds compared to bitcoins, so I still feel that diversifying is better than investing only in bitcoins.
Yes, in history from 2016 to 2017, have many altcoin had increased very more after 8 months or less than, example: Ethreum, Monero, Litecoin, Zcash, Dash, Ripple, Digibyte ... are altcoin increasing high than 500% value. But look at Bitcoin, just 300% if from November 2016
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
If I were you, I would invest Bitcoin. According to some information I have found, there are grounds to believe that Bitcoin prices will increase in the coming time and attract some investment in it. This will affect the price of the altcoins, causing it to fall sharply. Therefore, Bitcoin Investment is the safest.

No one can tell the future correctly in advance so instead of keeping all your money in the only coin you can put more money in bitcoins and some in good altcoins as well. Because there are few very good altcoins in the longer run, its price may increase many folds compared to bitcoins, so I still feel that diversifying is better than investing only in bitcoins.
Diversification will safeguard always, I am well aware of that. Still, I am investing only with bitcoins. Yes, bitcoins must be an exceptions in investment world due to its unique features.

Compared any other other highly established altcoins, I am speculating bitcoin alone will be having more bright future so that we can get massive amount of returns in more quicker time. Altcoins may or may not perform well. But bitcoin will definitely perform well in coming years so that we can be sure always that we have invested into highly safer investment rather than risking with baseless altcoins.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252

As suggested by everyone here bitcoin is having greater weightage on the of scale of "who's best". Bitcoin is standalone coin and is not disturbed by influence of other markets. The only thing that moves it, is the whales investment or sudden tech upgrades. If you want to go beyond this point and want to make investment in altcoins then I would suggest you following coins.
1. Monero - My favourite coin with stable upward movements.
2. Ripple - It gains you more profits than any other coin because it has bigger margins as compared to others coins
3. Ethereum - It stands a chance to stay behind bitcoin and make its way with ICO developments ultimately leading to top most valued alts in the market.

Rest are good to but not my type. These are the only with personal experiences and what I have heard about them.
klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
If you want a long-term investment then bitcoin can give us an advantage. Different from altcoin, usually altcoin will not last long enough and sometimes also if we choose wrong then altcoin usually experience a drastic rate reduction. While bitcoin has an increasing trend every year, so you do not have to worry about bitcoin values. If you can be patient then you will get a huge profit. Especially at this time bitcoin will change in early August, many say that the beginning of August will be an increase in bitcoin prices. So do not ever be afraid to invest and have bitcoin.
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
I choose Altcoins for 1 month and bitcoin after, and alt coins after, and bitcoin after, and alt coins after, and bitcoin after.

Use your brain, don t go too fast and don t panic.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
I choose bitcoin because it has been proven long term investment, you can see bitcoin prices in 2014 until now have gone up very high, and the price is increasing from time to time although sometimes there is a down, also for investment I choose ico project by buying at crowdsale.
Activity: 122
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
The best investment you ask for a long term is obviously bitcoin. There is no doubt in it that the price of bitcoin keeps increasing on the long term. According to me you wont even have to wait that long actually to see significant increase in the price of bitcoin. Altcoins are good for short term investment but for long term investment, Bitcoin is the  best option. What I do is buy bitcoin and hold it for long term while i trade on altcoin for short term. In this way i make some profit both on the long term and short term.
i think yes long term investment in bitcoin is the best option. but you need to try to purchase bitcoin right now. because the price of  bitcoin is continuously increasing and very soon it is expected to cross 3000$ so i will recommend to buy bitcoin as soon as possible, to me i personally bought some bitcoin at 2300$ level and now i am happy with my investment. i am still trying to manage to buy some more bitcoins also.

Buying more and holding what you already have is the best way to go by the current circumstances. Bitcoin is thriving lately even after a significant dip in prices and so I will advice all members to gold on to the gat they have and refuse to sell because I'm hopeful of higher increases in prices even after the August 1.
Pages:
Jump to: