Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili - page 19. (Read 73054 times)

Activity: 516
Merit: 500
EDIT: Because of all the errors we found we only made 4 boards so we can test if they work. I did ask MrTeal yesterday to go over all that he send me and he told me that everything should be fine now. It wasn't so I'm not ready to risk all boards...

Good call!  Wink
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Another mistake found in BOM... But not critical... Only wrong markings(it is marked as IC1 in BOM and U25 in PnP) so you just need to figure out what is the missing component... Luckily I have working Chili to see what is what...

EDIT: Because of all the errors we found we only made 4 boards so we can test if they work. I did ask MrTeal yesterday to go over all that he send me and he told me that everything should be fine now. It wasn't so I'm not ready to risk all boards...
What does this mean for us Lucko ?
If PnP data are now right full production will start tomorrow(it was a Eagle export problem with PnP data). After that I need to program and test them...

I should get tracking from Mouser for GPU plug soon. If you would like to have it on board you will need to wait till it gets hire(component was missing in BOM). If not I can send it without...
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
There was a mistake in PnP files. MrTeal just send me fixed ones...

Unfortunately things like

C2,Top,2.188,0.767,270

unless you are a computer doesn't make much seance no matter how much you look at them... You need to test them... Unfortunately is too late to do anything now...

EDIT:
For last minute orders I got 2 days ago:
Tracking for Farnell parts
http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=EN_SI&Requester=UPSHome&trackNums=1Z2X07F40486993583&track.x=Track
Trecking for Mouser parts(and GPU plug for thus who need it)
Not avalable yet
Trecking for Digikey parts
https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?action=track&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us&tracknumbers=457801257323

What does this mean for us Lucko ?
There was a mistake in PnP files. MrTeal just send me fixed ones...

Unfortunately things like

C2,Top,2.188,0.767,270

unless you are a computer doesn't make much seance no matter how much you look at them... You need to test them... Unfortunately is too late to do anything now...

EDIT:
For last minute orders I got 2 days ago:
Tracking for Farnell parts
http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=EN_SI&Requester=UPSHome&trackNums=1Z2X07F40486993583&track.x=Track
Trecking for Mouser parts(and GPU plug for thus who need it)
https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=580662368504&cntry_code=us&language=english
Trecking for Digikey parts
https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?action=track&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us&tracknumbers=457801257323
Activity: 359
Merit: 250
Same here - not needed this connectors.
legendary
Activity: 966
Activity: 476
No GPU connectors needed here either. When are you shipping these out? How much are the additional boards and am I correct to assume you don't have chips for them?

EDIT: I positively have interest in the extra boards so let me know when you have more info please.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
No GPU connectors needed for my units, I will confirm in PM
Me, too. Please send boards without gpu cooler connectors.

Cheers...

PS: It's hard to solder the plugs by hand. I've 10 boards for reflowing
got directly from Mr. Teal. The boards are cooling very good. My Soldering
Iron (50 W) has to less power to heat the solder pads enough do
solder the PCI-E and CPU cooler plugs. But with my 500 W heatgun in
the hands from my girlfriend and the cooperation heating it was possible.
But professional mounting is anouther theme ;-)

There is uncritical mistake in Chili BOM... One component is missing. Is anyone plan to use GPU cooler? Plug for GPU cooler fan is not in BOM and I missed that error. I will order it now and will add it later by hand on boards that will need it... The rest looks OK...  But they didn't finish setting up yet so first board will came off assembly tomorrow...

And now I have all the boards done... I will also receive the one from France tomorrow too... So I can make additional 150 boards without a problem if anyone needs them...
Just send me my connectors later ... I do them myself.
I guess you have to do lots of other things at the moment anyway.

All the best!

one4many
Activity: 868
There is uncritical mistake in Chili BOM... One component is missing. Is anyone plan to use GPU cooler? Plug for GPU cooler fan is not in BOM and I missed that error. I will order it now and will add it later by hand on boards that will need it... The rest looks OK...  But they didn't finish setting up yet so first board will came off assembly tomorrow...

And now I have all the boards done... I will also receive the one from France tomorrow too... So I can make additional 150 boards without a problem if anyone needs them...

Everything happening at once  Cool ......and spare boards as well.

No GPU connectors needed for my units, I will confirm in PM

Activity: 359
I think I missed something. Are fully populated chili's going to be sold here?

No - all here ordered chips & just assembly offered by Lucko. When you buy chips somewhere, I am sure he can make you too boards as there should be some left.
legendary
Activity: 910
I think I missed something. Are fully populated chili's going to be sold here?
Activity: 868
Staff at assembly... They are now making PnP ready for production...

Nice one.............You were all awake before me today.  Grin

Yaaay ... I keep my fingers crossed so nothing breaks again!  Cool

Good luck!

one4many
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
At this point we could get them done a lot quicker in the US.
Pages:
Jump to: