Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili - page 25. (Read 73054 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
It will be same...

I will close orders in a day... And deadline for paying will be 14th 9:00AM GMT+1
Activity: 868
From what I learned till now I would say that chip cooling is not that hard. Power supply is the hot thing... I added 2 cooling elements on the other side and a low speed fan to move some air around. It works just OK. Don't waist too much money on cooler. But you do need cooler that has big enough surface area at the bottom...

EDIT: Backplate is also recommended...

Hi Lucko

Any chance of a photo? and some performance figures?

Also can you confirm the connector will be USB Mini (as on the chili)?
From what I learned till now I would say that chip cooling is not that hard. Power supply is the hot thing... I added 2 cooling elements on the other side and a low speed fan to move some air around. It works just OK. Don't waist too much money on cooler. But you do need cooler that has big enough surface area at the bottom...

EDIT: Backplate is also recommended...
OK didn't had time to send mail to all board orders. Will continue tomorrow. It is really late hire...
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Sorry to hear all of that. I wasn't trying to press you, take your time.
I didn't think you did try that. Sorry if it come out that way...

No not at all.
I didn't think you did try that. Sorry if it come out that way...
Yes sorry we had a death in a family so I'm currently doing only extremely necessary things(like making sure all is ready for production) but not calculating what you need to pay... I'm a bit down... Personnel things on Wednesday was funeral. I was doing calculation this morning but was interrupted by customs since I had to go there again. If you are sending chips from outside EU please use FedEx since there is no complicating. USPS send it to our nation postal service and if there is just a small problem with documentation you need to do it all over and explain why you did it wrong and so on. They are pain in a ass...

Yes sorry we had a death in a family so I'm currently doing only extremely necessary things(like making sure all is ready for production) but not calculating what you need to pay... I'm a bit down... Personnel things on Wednesday was funeral. I was doing calculation this morning but was interrupted by customs since I had to go there again. If you are sending chips from outside EU please use FedEx since there is no complicating. USPS send it to our nation postal service and if there is just a small problem with documentation you need to do it all over and explain why you did it wrong and so on. They are pain in a ass...
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I placed an order for 2 boards several days back when you first put up the order link. I haven't been contacted for payment info. So I haven't paid anything towards the boards yet.

Me too for diff. price from cointamination
I placed an order for 2 boards several days back when you first put up the order link. I haven't been contacted for payment info. So I haven't paid anything towards the boards yet.

Timeline. After I get 50 boards paid I will paid for licence and get files. After that I need 5 to 10 days to get new boards and max 5 days to get them assembled... After that I will need some time to program and test then. I was told it is about 10 minutes per board. So I will need some time to do that as well. Don't know how many boards will be but will be processed in a order of arrived orders. I will do my best to do all ASAP but it will take till 11/15 do 11/18 in best case if I get enough orders over the weekend.

Hello Lucko

To prepare and buy components (power and coolers): we can still assume  Nov 18th  as beginning date of board delivery?

Regards
It all comes down to how fast I can get everything... For now looks good. But I need to look at everything as a hawk... Example of thinking that things will go as they should was BFL sending notification that chips will be send. Look at tracking. They didn't. I did figure this out in time(I hope) but assuming everything will go as it should can go wrong fast... It is a lot of things and only once falls out of place and it can go south...
Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Timeline. After I get 50 boards paid I will paid for licence and get files. After that I need 5 to 10 days to get new boards and max 5 days to get them assembled... After that I will need some time to program and test then. I was told it is about 10 minutes per board. So I will need some time to do that as well. Don't know how many boards will be but will be processed in a order of arrived orders. I will do my best to do all ASAP but it will take till 11/15 do 11/18 in best case if I get enough orders over the weekend.

Hello Lucko

To prepare and buy components (power and coolers): we can still assume  Nov 18th  as beginning date of board delivery?

Regards
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Is it possible you can send me one or two of your contamination board for experimental reasons and what should I pay for? You can send me them via padded envelope or jiffy bag. But I need them asap before all my chips has to been soldered to different ways Smiley e.g. direct jala extension,
Middle of the next week.

I need  to get them form assembly. I currently don't have time(a lot of work with boards and my day-job and some personal things tomorrow). So ASAP will not work to god for me... Don't add more then 1 or 2(it will only be 3,5 chips speed) chips to Jala...
No Problem, I would experiment something with your pcbs. If I get them faster maybe I found a way you must not put your pcbs in a tin :-)
An idea is, you should bring not all chips online at the same time. This should save your psb from higher than expected power which the bfl chips need at testing cycle.

I know that there is a limit of power distribution of the board design of the jala. The jala should distribute 75 A which is enough to support 4 chips at normal speed. But in this case the delivered PDU is to small to support more power so I've allready replaced them by a direct connection to my 1000W ATX pdu which is allready connected to my little single.

Because of the different height of the batch1 and newer chips I'll replace the 2 original chips from my second jala by the new chips and I will put the old one to the 1st jala.
It's my first reballing experience. So cross one's fingers it will work ;-)

Cheers...
There is now about 60 boards left in batch 1 if I go by orders. So time to order is running out...
Did you get my chips?
Don't worry. They are OK... I didn't process them just in case there would be a problem and I would need to send them somewhere out of EU to be processed. They are processed no on my import licence so it is OK.
Hi Lucko,

when do you need latest BFL chips to solder them also to the rest of my ordered boards?

I'm consider to send you the rest of my bfl chips to solder them instead of solder them locally.

Is it possible you can send me one or two of your contamination board for experimental reasons and what should I pay for? You can send me them via padded envelope or jiffy bag. But I need them asap before all my chips has to been soldered to different ways Smiley e.g. direct jala extension,

Cheers...

Middle of the next week.

I need  to get them form assembly. I currently don't have time(a lot of work with boards and my day-job and some personal things tomorrow). So ASAP will not work to god for me... Don't add more then 1 or 2(it will only be 3,5 chips speed) chips to Jala...

Lucko,

can you please confirm that the Chili Baords are going to be the same as the original ones from MrTeal?
I would like to know because I need to order parts (power connectors / heat sinks and chases) upfront so I can assemble the miners with no further delay.

Also do you happen to know how much AMP they will draw per board on 12 V?

Thx in advance

one4many
I don't have licence to change it so it will be done the same way...

I don't have one to test jet but you can see what is reported in Chili thread... From what I can see there I would guess 170 at 40GH to 120 at normal 35GH to 100 at 32...
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
Lucko,

can you please confirm that the Chili Baords are going to be the same as the original ones from MrTeal?
I would like to know because I need to order parts (power connectors / heat sinks and chases) upfront so I can assemble the miners with no further delay.

Also do you happen to know how much AMP they will draw per board on 12 V?

Thx in advance

one4many
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Hi Lucko,

when do you need latest BFL chips to solder them also to the rest of my ordered boards?

I'm consider to send you the rest of my bfl chips to solder them instead of solder them locally.

Cheers...
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Did you get my chips?
Thanks for the update Lucko.  When and how do we need to pay you for the cost difference between the old, dead board and Mr. Teal's board?
You will received mails today or tomorrow... I was/am jumping around like crazy to make all ready to change to this board... That is why I made Google form so I don't need to do that too. So in case someone didn't fill it assuming he doesn't have to. Assumption is probably right but please do.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Thanks for the update Lucko.  When and how do we need to pay you for the cost difference between the old, dead board and Mr. Teal's board?
Pages:
Jump to: