Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili - page 24. (Read 73054 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Hi Lucko
Could those heatsinks be adapted to use as backplates?
Drill and tap M3, then a Male/Female M3 x 6mm standoff, could be used from above as a fixing?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3390478
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
If anyone wants to use the Hyper 212 Evo cooler on the Chili boards, checkout my pics and parts list for adapting it:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3619134
Activity: 826
Yes that is no secret... 126... I have order some extra parts just in case of a problem with some of them but not enough for 11 extra boards...
You can order but I will not have parts in time for this batch. You will be processed in the next. But at higher price since number of boards made will be much less and that increases price per board and discount on parts...

Can you say how many boards are in batch 1?

There must still be a reasonable quantity of chips out there looking for a board to live on!
You can order but I will not have parts in time for this batch. You will be processed in the next. But at higher price since number of boards made will be much less and that increases price per board and discount on parts...
legendary
Activity: 966
Are orders in fact still open, or has the PCB quantity been finalized and PCBs produced, with all units spoken-for?

It looks like I may be stuck with another 87 chips now, which of course aren't good for much by themselves.
Hello Lucko,

I understand you are missing one part. Can you explain which part is missing, please?
Part Number from AV-Net?

Digikey need round about 3-5 working days to get the parts. Normally all parts are in us storage, but my last order was from a "eu storage" they show. In real the parts comes via air mail with fedex in a few days maybe up to one week: Order at 11.10. arrived at 18.10.

Cheers...

Edit: Only the receipt is written from EU so you must not pay for customs because are allready paied.
It wasn't order from Digikey. Main problem with Digikey is that you need to pay with credit cart if you would like to get staff fast. Hi cost components are problem and my credit cart can't handle 3000$. Wire transfer takes a week at best to be cleared. So I used option at Farnell where you need to pay them 25€ per component that they don't have in EU. And I'm still waiting for that... I have tracking that shows parts at JAMAICA, NY 11430...

Now second problem with Digikey is that you need to get staff on temporarily import licence or pay customs and VAT.

Alternative to Digikey is Mouser since they deal with customs and all that staff and have company also in EU so you can pay in a day. But they are missing some components and delivery is weeks... I can't tell you components without MrTeal allowing me to do so. NDA...

But I did order them with Digikey yesterday and cancel at Farnell so I should have them... I bought prepaid credit card that Digikey advised me. Didn't know about this option... This support for Mastercard service is new in Slovenia as far as I know. Company where I bough it has that service for less then month... I know years behind but that is the problem with all the bureaucracy we have hire...

EDIT: I missed your edit... That is right in your case. You have "EU company" that is taking care of that. There is not one for Slovenia. If you look at www.digikey.si and login you will see you end up in US. All customs process must be done by buyer... I can't even pay in EUR.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Hello Lucko,

I understand you are missing one part. Can you explain which part is missing, please?
Part Number from AV-Net?

Digikey need round about 3-5 working days to get the parts. Normally all parts are in us storage, but my last order was from a "eu storage" they show. In real the parts comes via air mail with fedex in a few days maybe up to one week: Order at 11.10. arrived at 18.10.

Cheers...

Edit: Only the receipt is written from eu so you must not pay for customs because are allready paied.
OK as you can probably guess parts didn't arrive so I had to cancel... Next slot for pick and place I can get is on in 5 working days ( so 21st Sad ). Sorry... If someone cancel I can get in sooner...
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Just use it for whatever you need consider it a small donation. 
I'm exchanging the moment I see it. It is going up but correction will be brutal and I can't afford to be part of that... If you check you address you will see it was send out to exchange... Anyway I can't have it in BTC since I can't pay for parts in BTC...

I understand, I was really just wanting to say it should more than enough I think the exchange was around $400 when I sent them and IF (and that's a big if) there was any left over that would be nice. But no I don't expect you to hold them at all sell them when you get them. There is no telling when this run up will end and oh boy we may see one big correction if the bottom falls out here. I don't want sound bearish though I am still very bullish. Is $500 next?
Sorry I didn't check that yesterday. Yes you send at exchange rate 365$ so yes there so you have 57$ extra...
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Well as I wrote 15th or 18th start is optimistic and all things must fall in line. I'm missing one parts package from US(they send USPS only) and did order at the start of the mount. Did use there fastest service but they send it a as latter and I can't track it outside US. It shows still in same location in US for 6 days now. I did call postal service today to check if it is hire. Will do that again in 3 hours. If it will not be hire I have no choice but cancel assembly for tomorrow... Even if it shows up tomorrow there is no way I can get it over customs in time...

I was thinking assembling that part by hand but it would take just too long and errors are possible...
What part are you short?
All needed to program CPU (can assemble without but did order the day I agreed to buy licence) and 4 components bought at Farnell but not available in EU... I'm thinking of reorder them at Digikey and deal with all custom problems(VAT and taxes on parts that will stay in EU all paperworks that brings when you sending parts out of EU to prove that you send them out)... Can send them via PM if you are interested not sure if NDA cowers that...
Sure, just send me a PM and let me know what you're missing. We might have excess of certain things.
Well as I wrote 15th or 18th start is optimistic and all things must fall in line. I'm missing one parts package from US(they send USPS only) and did order at the start of the mount. Did use there fastest service but they send it a as latter and I can't track it outside US. It shows still in same location in US for 6 days now. I did call postal service today to check if it is hire. Will do that again in 3 hours. If it will not be hire I have no choice but cancel assembly for tomorrow... Even if it shows up tomorrow there is no way I can get it over customs in time...

I was thinking assembling that part by hand but it would take just too long and errors are possible...
What part are you short?
All needed to program CPU (can assemble without but did order the day I agreed to buy licence) and 4 components bought at Farnell but not available in EU... I'm thinking of reorder them at Digikey and deal with all custom problems(VAT and taxes on parts that will stay in EU all paperworks that brings when you sending parts out of EU to prove that you send them out)... Can send them via PM if you are interested not sure if NDA cowers that...
I'm exchanging the moment I see it. It is going up but correction will be brutal and I can't afford to be part of that... If you check you address you will see it was send out to exchange... Anyway I can't have it in BTC since I can't pay for parts in BTC...

I understand, I was really just wanting to say it should more than enough I think the exchange was around $400 when I sent them and IF (and that's a big if) there was any left over that would be nice. But no I don't expect you to hold them at all sell them when you get them. There is no telling when this run up will end and oh boy we may see one big correction if the bottom falls out here. I don't want sound bearish though I am still very bullish. Is $500 next?
legendary
Activity: 1274

What part are you short?
So the boards are in hand and you are just short of one component?

Has my SEPA cleared yet?

legendary
Activity: 1593
Lucko can we get a time line update?
It will be same...

I will close orders in a day... And deadline for paying will be 14th 9:00AM GMT+1

I sent 1.8 BTC to you it should be enough to cover my balance I may even have some coming back, it just keeps going up...
txid b935544104930619a47655563ed195431525b71eafbc614a6bd9e8947ea569af-000
Pages:
Jump to: