Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili - page 27. (Read 73054 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Batch 1 and Batch 3 chips are now at Ljubljana.
Is there any news on the batch 2 chips?
Yes but lack of documentation is making it difficult to get them out of customs...

I got no replay from BFL about batch 2....

Did they make out of customs? Any news on batch 2?
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
OK, Only one more thing: I don´t have all information but recover last working design and revert to older conirado boards is a possibility ?

You beat me to that question.
It can be a quick fix for me.
My question was to ask if Coinado was still possible, or is the Cointamination board just 2/4 Coinado's joined up to one controller?
Coinado is the same board but doesn't have 3,3V power supply... It comes out of computer PSU. And it is the same as Cointamination just 1/4 of the power. So only 4 to 5 chips possible... If this one has problems that one will have them too... And we don't have boards ready so it is the same as if we make new board(MrTeal or fixed Cointamination)...
Activity: 868
Well I haven't jumped ship. I have no where else to go so I (we)  are counting on you.

Me too, It is difficult for me switch to another solution now
I would prefer to know board problem before take any decision.

Board is definitively not recoverable?
Or is recoverable but not on an reasonable time frame?

Regards
Hard to say. It could turned out to be a simple fix or error on a component or Sad new board... So as long as I don't know that it is hard to say. But new board would take some time...
OK, Only one more thing: I don´t have all information but recover last working design and revert to older conirado boards is a possibility ?

You beat me to that question.
It can be a quick fix for me.
My question was to ask if Coinado was still possible, or is the Cointamination board just 2/4 Coinado's joined up to one controller?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Well I haven't jumped ship. I have no where else to go so I (we)  are counting on you.

Regards
Hard to say. It could turned out to be a simple fix or error on a component or Sad new board... So as long as I don't know that it is hard to say. But new board would take some time...
Well I haven't jumped ship. I have no where else to go so I (we)  are counting on you.

Regards
Yes but lack of documentation is making it difficult to get them out of customs...

I got no replay from BFL about batch 2....
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Updates...

Tracking is unfortunately down so I don't know where pacage is. I hope form gets it today...

I have a backup plan ready. MrTeal and I are working it out for me to licence his board... Unfortunately that second solution could cost more...

I have one of Mr.Teals Chilli boards. It's a good board (quiet) but it does cost more for sure.

Regards

Still with you Lucko

Regards
Updates...

Tracking is unfortunately down so I don't know where pacage is. I hope form gets it today...

I have a backup plan ready. MrTeal and I are working it out for me to licence his board... Unfortunately that second solution could cost more...
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Thanks all who are trying to help. For now test were done only on one board with real chips. There are 2 more and I just send all to form(my board guy is away on travelling). I don't have that much equipment as he. There might be also a possible that there is a mistake on a board or one of the components that prevents Atmel to work or error on Atmel itself or something on chips(that is a suspect at the moment) but this type of error we seen first time. I did get a replay from MrTeal and I would like to thank him for it and he give me idea but can't be tested(since boards are on the way to form). I will be in contact with him over the weekend and I hope we can figure it out... If not form will do his best next week.

Now what MrTeal told me is that this chips act differently then "old" one when you turn them on at low voltage. And we are turning them on at minimal voltage and then increase voltage to 1V. So that might be it... But it doesn't fit problem 100%...

Anyway I will do my best to have some backup plans ready ASAP...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3321352

refers to revision A to rev B chips and "Firmware changes"
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Yeah sorry to hear that dwdoc. Hey Lucko is everything okay? Is there anything we should know about?
Well now there is... I'm closing orders for now. Production chips(they have logo on it and they looks to be different inside to) will not work with this board. It worked OK with my 8 samples... Well as good as expected. One of removed chips from Coinado short circuit and I had to disable one 4 chips bank. And since dead chips do some troubles on SPI I can see from 0 to 4 chips. Depends on luck. Now we are not sure what will take to fix this problem. Me and form were up till 1am figuring it out... Board will got to him today so he can look what could be the problem... I also contacted MrTeal who had the same problem how he solved it...

Now for thus who send me chips please let me know what to do.

Have BFL changed the pinout between batches?
Yeah sorry to hear that dwdoc. Hey Lucko is everything okay? Is there anything we should know about?
Well now there is... I'm closing orders for now. Production chips(they have logo on it and they looks to be different inside to) will not work with this board. It worked OK with my 8 samples... Well as good as expected. One of removed chips from Coinado short circuit and I had to disable one 4 chips bank. And since dead chips do some troubles on SPI I can see from 0 to 4 chips. Depends on luck. Now we are not sure what will take to fix this problem. Me and form were up till 1am figuring it out... Board will got to him today so he can look what could be the problem... I also contacted MrTeal who had the same problem how he solved it...

From BFL Schematics documentation I see "Revision C.4-Bitforce SC chips Pinout corrected". Have you last BFL schematic ? ( i think is revision E )

Regards

Pages:
Jump to: